PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is Student Wilder a bad choice for Thrallherd?

Desiani
2014-12-29, 11:49 AM
I have a itch to play a Thrallherd. I also want to play a Wilder. Is this a TERRIBLE choice to enter the PrC? I know wilder gets a psion'PP pool and an extremely limited power choice, while the student surge type plus Elan or Human Favored help this, it doesnt solve it.

So will I have to jump through too many hoops to make this work?

Malroth
2014-12-29, 05:28 PM
You're a Thrallherd, Even if you do absolutely everything else wrong you can just decide "i'm going to attract a primary Thrall with Psycic Chiurgery" and fix your problems, or you can buy a competence Item of Knowledge Religion and sacrifice your free minions for dark craft XP.

Arbane
2014-12-29, 06:32 PM
Recommended reading (http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=467).

More seriously, you'll be a two (or three) trick pony, so pick tricks you can do a lot with.

icefractal
2014-12-30, 12:11 AM
Fun fact - in Pathfinder, Psychic Reformation has no XP cost. And a Wilder should be able to get the full augmentation a ways before 13th level.

Have that as one of your powers, and you go from "2-3 trick pony" to "flexibility a Wizard would envy". You do need ten minutes, so you'll want to have some basic combat stuff you keep available. But still, lots of flexible.

Make your Thrall a Sorcerer and you get ultimate arcane flexibility too. Or an Oracle and get divine flexibility.

I'd say that Wilder -> Thrallherd is definitely workable, and one of the places the Wilder shines (since their surge helps make up for the lost ML).