PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Life Oracle of Irori - Pure 20 or Evangelist??

animewatcha
2014-12-29, 02:17 PM
Which would be better for Life mystery Oracle of Irori ( group still getting used to pathfinder and i can take healerbot worry off their minds ). I already know about preventative damage through BFC and sterf, but this group is not a full-on optimizing group. So would it be better to go with Pure 20 Oracle for the last caster level and spells per day / known, etc. Or Oracle 10 / Evangelist 10.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/evangelist

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Irori

Doc_Maynot
2014-12-29, 03:13 PM
I suppose it depends on the mystery you are deciding upon. Didn't notice Life the first time around.
Since due to Evangelist all you are missing out upon is on CL (Easily built or bought back) two spells per day, one spell known, and your Final Revelation. And in exchange you are gaining the Evangelist features.

Okay, so you are trading out one feat, one CL (or one trait, since one can increase your CL up to your HD cap IIRC), two 9th level spells per day, one 9th level spell known and your Final Revelation's Immunities.

For... More skill points, +2 AC, the Boons, two languages, the equivalent of a feat and a half, and 20 minutes per day of a Spiritual Form.

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-29, 03:41 PM
Eh, I don't think it's worth it. You want the EXALTED stuff. This means you want to take the feat, but then let your HD grant the boons over time. You lose one feat and get the nice ability to cast touch range healing spells with reach 3/day at 16th level. Not a major boost, but not nothing when you can take the feat at 15th level (or earlier if you are going for the knowledge check bonus).

Psyren
2014-12-29, 07:41 PM
Eh, I don't think it's worth it. You want the EXALTED stuff. This means you want to take the feat, but then let your HD grant the boons over time. You lose one feat and get the nice ability to cast touch range healing spells with reach 3/day at 16th level. Not a major boost, but not nothing when you can take the feat at 15th level (or earlier if you are going for the knowledge check bonus).

This. The Evangelist boons are pretty underwhelming. (The Exalted's aren't much better, but for a healer, ranged Breath of Life is going to trump nearly every other ability either class gets.)

Pex
2014-12-29, 11:05 PM
If you really, really want to cast healing spells at a range you can just take Reach Spell metamagic feat. It would be a full round action to cast as a spontaneous caster, but that's not an abomination to be avoided at all costs. You are not required to move from where you currently are every round every combat all the time every time. That'll give you range Cure Wounds, range Breath of Life, even range Heal at the higher levels. You have no limit on the number of times you can do it other than a higher level slot. It's only +1 spell level to make a touch spell a close range spell. You can also use it on other spells to buff party members, remove afflictions from party members, or even cast some attack spells at a range, such as Bestow Curse or even Harm at the high levels if for whatever reason you won't have Destruction.

animewatcha
2014-12-29, 11:59 PM
Just to be clear, Reach Spell + Breath of life means the dead-last-round person is still saved, right?

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-30, 07:18 AM
If you really, really want to cast healing spells at a range you can just take Reach Spell metamagic feat. It would be a full round action to cast as a spontaneous caster, but that's not an abomination to be avoided at all costs. You are not required to move from where you currently are every round every combat all the time every time. That'll give you range Cure Wounds, range Breath of Life, even range Heal at the higher levels. You have no limit on the number of times you can do it other than a higher level slot. It's only +1 spell level to make a touch spell a close range spell. You can also use it on other spells to buff party members, remove afflictions from party members, or even cast some attack spells at a range, such as Bestow Curse or even Harm at the high levels if for whatever reason you won't have Destruction.

Oh, I completely agree here, but with a clause that both are good on a healing caster. Pick up reach spell early and use it whenever you need that extra distance. Now, the 3/day free reach on healing spells is still worth an extra feat. It allows you to use it as the standard spellcasting action and in the standard spell slot. Yes, it's 3/day and, yes it's only healing spells and, yes it comes into play late, but, with the +4 to all knowledge checks (worth a feat in it's own right), it is totally worth a feat slot if you get to level 15 and are wondering what to spend your feat on.

MasterBruce1984
2015-01-08, 12:19 PM
I am relatively new to the forum, and Pathfinder in general. Please be gentle if I have my facts a little askew.

I am running an Oracle of Life Healbot in my current campaign as well. I have considered multiclassing as well, but if you run pure Oracle the abilities you get at higher levels are amazing, and multiclassing just isn't worth it. Let the rest of your party worry about the trivial things, and focus your role on healing. If you do multiclass, take Paladin for the extra BAB and Lay on Hands ability.

Metamagic Reach Spell is amazing, and a must. Also, if you play your cards right, Life Link + Energy Body + any other cure ability = 3 different heals per turn. You can up that too, if you find a way to make Channel into a swift action. Depends how you lay out your Feats and such.