PDA

View Full Version : Player Help you can close, solved thanks to Nightraiderx

sideswipe
2014-12-29, 04:22 PM
i have a question about meldshaping and chakra binds. im looking at it for the first time ever...

if i errrr meld shape it... then i can invest essentia. it gives +2 to grapple and climb whilst its errrr shaped.
if i bind it to my totem chakra then i get an extra pair of arms and claws on them, and invest essentia to get a bonus on attacks.

the question is, if i bind it to my chakra then do i get the bonus to grapples AND attack bonuses?

a quick reply is appreciated.

Nightraiderx
2014-12-29, 04:25 PM
Yes. If you invest essentia, it counts as filled for the shaped and the bound effect.

so adding a point in essentia would give the arms a bonus to grapple and the bonus to attacks.

sideswipe
2014-12-29, 04:30 PM
thank you good man.

Coidzor
2014-12-29, 04:31 PM
A soulmeld must be shaped in order to be bound. You get the benefits for shaping it if it is shaped. You get the benefits for it being bound to whatever location if it is bound to that location. A soulmeld that is both shaped and bound bestows both benefits, which are then modified based upon how much essentia is invested in them at any given moment.

A Helpful Reference Guide. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?215723-Incarnum-and-YOU-a-reference-guide) :smallsmile:

sideswipe
2014-12-29, 04:31 PM
thanks to you also, that will be helpful

Nightraiderx
2014-12-29, 06:49 PM
yay I'm helping! anyways do have fun with the incarnum build!