PDA

View Full Version : Will O-Chul play a major role in Book 6?

Procyonpi
2014-12-29, 10:28 PM
I know Rich said in DStP commentary that he'd be largely absent from Book 5, but does that mean we get to see more of him this book, or is he going to wait until the last book to return?

Darth Paul
2014-12-30, 12:04 AM
Given that when last we saw him (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0671.html), O'Chul was headed off to watch over Kraagor's Gate, and Book 6 seems set to involve Kraagor's Gate...

Signs point to "Yes".

Unless the entire book is going to be "Road to Kraagor's Gate"; in which case we need Dean Martin and Bing Crosby to show up instead.

(And I know that wasn't the very last time (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html) we saw O'Chul, but it was when he discussed his destination. Technicalities.)

Incidentally, it seems that Xykon still hasn't arrived at Kraagor's Gate, since O'Chul promised to contact Roy if and when he did, and no contact has been made yet. Unless we're going to learn that Xykon somehow ambushed Lien and O'Chul upon arrival and prevented them sending the message, which makes Xykon extra badass, but reduces O'Chul's quotient substantially. I mean COME ON! Captured twice by the same lich?
But I don't expect to see that, O'Chul learned too much the first time around.

ti'esar
2014-12-30, 02:33 AM
I'd be very surprised if O-Chul sat out two entire books.

Actually, I feel like we're slightly overdue for a cutaway in general, though obviously the current situation has to be resolved first.

dtilque
2014-12-30, 03:44 AM
Unless the entire book is going to be "Road to Kraagor's Gate"; in which case we need Dean Martin and Bing Crosby to show up instead.

You mean Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Also Dorothy Lamour.

Quild
2014-12-30, 04:57 AM
Will he play a role? There's hardly a doubt in that.

A major one? Probably but not a certainty.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-12-30, 08:36 AM
I sure hope he does. If he's not in this one, he's certain to be in the next one. Related to what ti'esar said, I hope we cut away to either him or Team Evil soon.

2.5 cats
2014-12-30, 08:56 AM
(And I know that wasn't the very last time we saw O'Chul, but it was when he discussed his destination. Technicalities.)

I'll be even more technical :smallsmile: Here's the real last time we saw O'Chul:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0709.html

But don't feel bad--even the Demon-Roaches forgot about that appearance!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0901.html

Ghost Nappa
2014-12-30, 11:02 AM
Related to what ti'esar said, I hope we cut away to either him or Team Evil soon.

Agreed. We haven't really seen anyone outside of the Order, the Mechane, or Gnomeville in the new style. If the early switch over strips are any indication it's gonna take some time to re-adjust to the new style for a lot of people. The sooner the cut-away and the more exposure we see in Team Evil the better.

Also, because O-Chul is the man. Best Paladin portrayal ever.

NerdyKris
2014-12-30, 11:45 AM
Incidentally, it seems that Xykon still hasn't arrived at Kraagor's Gate, since O'Chul promised to contact Roy if and when he did, and no contact has been made yet.

OChul might not have reached the gate yet. They're travelling by shark and then land. Xykon teleported there. The last we saw of Ochul and Lien they were still in the ocean, and that was about one week ago.

Darth Paul
2014-12-30, 11:19 PM
You mean Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Also Dorothy Lamour.

You are absolutely right. Then again, thanks to Seth MacFarlane, we could also be picturing Brian and Stewie Griffin in anything titled "Road to X". :smallbiggrin:

OChul might not have reached the gate yet. They're travelling by shark and then land. Xykon teleported there. The last we saw of Ochul and Lien they were still in the ocean, and that was about one week ago.

Thanks for the reminder, I was befuddling myself. The pace of updates arriving in real life makes it seem like they must have arrived by now, but in comic time, you are quite right.

SowZ
2014-12-31, 02:47 AM

Since going into the other world seems likely, or at least dealing with what the gates actually are and what they are doing, I doubt this will be the case.

Quild
2014-12-31, 04:53 AM

Oh crap, you're right

Day 0: It was the day the order met Tarquin.
Day 1: #748 to #774
Day 2: Arena, fight against Linear Guild and travel to Windy Canyon.
Day 3: Whole pyramid stuff and fight againts Tarquin's team, goodbyes to Haley's father, end of the book. Xykon teleported this very day.

In #937 it is said that the travel may take 8-10 days, not sure if Julio is counting the 2 days they would be losing going around elven lands (for which it seems they got a flyover).

Chances are that they were like 3 or 4 days between the end of the book and the entrance in Dwarven Lands.

littlebum2002
2014-12-31, 11:17 AM
Oh crap, you're right

Day 0: It was the day the order met Tarquin.
Day 1: #748 to #774
Day 2: Arena, fight against Linear Guild and travel to Windy Canyon.
Day 3: Whole pyramid stuff and fight againts Tarquin's team, goodbyes to Haley's father, end of the book. Xykon teleported this very day.

In #937 it is said that the travel may take 8-10 days, not sure if Julio is counting the 2 days they would be losing going around elven lands (for which it seems they got a flyover).

Chances are that they were like 3 or 4 days between the end of the book and the entrance in Dwarven Lands.

I wonder how many days it's been since the paladins left? I know there's a thread around here detailing every day in the strip but I can never find it.

2.5 cats
2014-12-31, 11:41 AM
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. While we hopefully will see a cut to O-Chul and maybe Team Evil at Kragaar's Gate, my guess is that the Order of the Stick won't arrive until either the very, very end of the book or (more likely) the beginning of next one. IMHO The focus of the current book clearly is Durkon and his vampirism, and all that stuff is going to hit its dramatic peak in the Dwarf lands, which are on the way to the final gate.

Rogar Demonblud
2014-12-31, 12:11 PM
I figure they'll arrive at the end of this book, and we'll get a big splash page of the Order coming through the front door to end the book.

UristMcRandom
2014-12-31, 02:14 PM

This isn't entirely unreasonable. Think about it:

- Book 1, DCF, the entire Dungeon of Dorukan
- Book 2, NCftPB, traveling to Azure City, setup for Book 3.
- Book 3, W&XPs, the battle for Soon's gate.
- Book 4, DStP, various subplots related to the actions of the fractured Order, ends with them departing for Girard's gate.
- Book 5, BRitF, the hunt for Girard's gate, battling the Empire of Blood.

Given the pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if this entire book was travelling, probably with a stop-off in Dwarven lands for a certain prophecy.

littlebum2002
2014-12-31, 02:32 PM
According to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361715-Countdown-to-Belkar-s-Death-Scene) the paladins have a 20 day head start on the Order. (And a 19 day head start on Team Evil)