PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE!] Khaboss to Khaboss (486)

QuintonBeck
2014-12-29, 10:41 PM
Two months the Megadeth Khaboss' horde had ravaged the countryside of the Clanships and the carnage spoke well to their ability with a blade and the cruelties of their minds. Currently the horde was camped in a clearing within the Twilight Forest that the orc horde had burned clear in a previous attack on a Zahn traveling caravan. Night hung strangely in the air here within the Clanships which made the camp stir with a discomfort that was quick to turn to violence. Campfires burned and chunks of flesh that looked disturbingly bipedal were roasted over them. Stakes bearing the mutilated organs and heads of captured or killed natives of the Clanships marked the perimeter in a grisly scene. Orc Khas, marked by their distinctive facial tattoos around their left eye, mingled with the horde but the Khabosses stood apart, their entire faces obscured in black ink, surrounding the central tent that marked the command center of the camp and the horde.

A great black banner bearing the sign of Stormskull fluttered in the breeze off a mast sticking from the central pole of the tent and a warm glow lit the hide walls and cast eery silhouettes of the inside. The Tzaltec ambassador had been scouted far prior to his arrival and tracked to his arrival at the edge of camp where he was greeted by a collection of hungry faces filled with sharp teeth. Were he not bearing the seal and bearing of a foreigner not of the Clanships he would have been at best turned away and at worst joined the meat on the spits. Yet he was distinctive in his Tzaltec regalia and while at first the Khas had speculated he was an emissary from Guilder come to beg for mercy from the mighty Megadeth his revelation of his actual origins had raised only further questions. It was at that point a Khaboss had become involved, approaching the ambassador and after sniffing him with his large pig-like nostrils and checking him for weapons, in turn threatening him with extreme violence were he to draw one but not making move to remove them from his person he led the ambassador to the central tent. The Khaboss had entered, leaving the ambassador to be examined and stared at by the other Khabosses for five minutes or so before reappearing and roughly gesturing for the ambassador to enter the tent.

Inside the tent it seemed as if the ambassador were stepping almost completely out of the world outside. Inside the floor was carpeted in fine rugs, woven in beautiful patterns. Chests of fine wood set around the tent and were topped with breath taking works of art, many depicting not orcs but a species of green skinned and orange haired humanoids though one hung over the large bed that lay on the far side, plush and filled with pillows and women (both orcish and of the species depicted in the paintings) that depicted who could only be the Megadeth Khaboss himself. Standing in a warriors pelt of some great kill that hid only his sensitive pieces the painting depicted a giant of an orc. Blue skinned and covered from head to torso with black patterns intricately patterned and swirling like some vast ocean. In the image he held in one hand a mighty axe whose blade was half again as wide as his chest and in the other a crown of red metal, or no it was iron, but drenched in and dripping blood. Below the painting, lying in the total nude and surrounded by the women the ambassador had noticed before was the man himself, the Megadeth Khaboss depicted in his hanging portrait.

In person he was far more terrifying, his face was more greatly twisted than it was portrayed in the painting with a jutting lower jaw marked by tusk-like canines sticking up from it and scars twisted down his face and shoulders that had healed poorly and marred the images the tattoos created. Despite the irregularities regarding his surface appearance however the painting seemed to have matched his great stature and imposing figure for as he rose from the bed to address the ambassador his movements betrayed a warrior-king's motions. He said nothing, simply snarled to one of the women who leaped from the bed and fetched him a robe made from the fur of some great beast. He pulled it on slowly, maintaining eye contact with the ambassador then took a slow, measured, martial step forward. Then another and he began to circle the ambassador, sniffing at him before stopping again before him.

"You are not of Gilter," he said at last his voice was thickly accented but of a tone and pitch that was not nearly so barbarous as the ambassador might have expected, "You are a Zaltek? Gilter says of you much bad. Gilter try kill Stormskull with drink so what Gilter know of bad soon to change. What want Zaltek with Stormskull? Not drink?" The Megadeth Khaboss' face split into a toothy grin that if not for the implied humor might otherwise have had less savory implications.

TheDarkDM
2014-12-29, 11:59 PM
The ambassador sent into the north had been selected with the greatest care, and was in point of fact one of the Teotlkan's lesser sons, Ahmes. Blessed though he was with the regal bearing of the Tzaltec kings, he possessed neither his father's favor nor the title of Tlapepentli, and so the blessings of Tzetultep had been meager. He appeared almost completely human, save for the reddish tone of his skin and the subtle ridges that rose along his forehead. Still, what he lacked in favor he made up for in ambition, and in this mission he had seen his chance to seize control of his destiny.

So it was that, in defiance of all Tzaltec tradition, the prince bowed deeply to the Megadeth Khaboss before rising with a wry smile. He had come unarmed save for the ritual dagger all Tzaltec carried, and had long since accepted that he might not survive this encounter.

"I am not so impudent to think I might offer anything the Megadeth Khaboss did not already possess. Clearly, your wealth and power have not been given their proper deference . Though after my long journey, I would gladly accept any refreshment your lordship saw fit to offer."

Reaching to his belt, Ahmes drew forth the official seal of the Teotlkan and presented it to the Megadeth Khaboss, the wrought gold gleaming in the torchlight.

"As to my purpose here, your introduction has fulfilled much of it. I was sent by my father, the Teotlkan of Tzalteclan, to ask the reason for your attack on Guilder. While there has been war in the past between the human nations and some orc tribes, relations between us and your people had been peaceful for so long it seemed unlikely this attack was unjustified. If Guilder truly attempted to assassinate you after working to turn you against Tzalteclan, then I believe you will find friends in Tzalteclan and her allies."

QuintonBeck
2014-12-30, 11:16 AM
The ambassador sent into the north had been selected with the greatest care, and was in point of fact one of the Teotlkan's lesser sons, Ahmes. Blessed though he was with the regal bearing of the Tzaltec kings, he possessed neither his father's favor nor the title of Tlapepentli, and so the blessings of Tzetultep had been meager. He appeared almost completely human, save for the reddish tone of his skin and the subtle ridges that rose along his forehead. Still, what he lacked in favor he made up for in ambition, and in this mission he had seen his chance to seize control of his destiny.

So it was that, in defiance of all Tzaltec tradition, the prince bowed deeply to the Megadeth Khaboss before rising with a wry smile. He had come unarmed save for the ritual dagger all Tzaltec carried, and had long since accepted that he might not survive this encounter.

"I am not so impudent to think I might offer anything the Megadeth Khaboss did not already possess. Clearly, your wealth and power have not been given their proper deference . Though after my long journey, I would gladly accept any refreshment your lordship saw fit to offer."

Reaching to his belt, Ahmes drew forth the official seal of the Teotlkan and presented it to the Megadeth Khaboss, the wrought gold gleaming in the torchlight.

"As to my purpose here, your introduction has fulfilled much of it. I was sent by my father, the Teotlkan of Tzalteclan, to ask the reason for your attack on Guilder. While there has been war in the past between the human nations and some orc tribes, relations between us and your people had been peaceful for so long it seemed unlikely this attack was unjustified. If Guilder truly attempted to assassinate you after working to turn you against Tzalteclan, then I believe you will find friends in Tzalteclan and her allies."

Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull took the golden seal of the Teotlkan and examined it with an appraising eye. He continued to hold it in his meat hook hands as he returned his eyes to the ambassador and raised a hand off of the seal to beckon one of the girls to rush over, filling a deep dish with brown liquid that smelled strongly of alcohol. She passed it to Stormskull who took a drink as if to show it was clean, and then the girl passed it to the ambassador.

"Stormskull know foul Monto make good with Gilter but come to Stormskull do princes of Gilter. Offer Megadeth Khaboss good drink. Many Khaboss and Kha say is good drink. Years prior good drink. Gilter puts in this one poison. No balsats way to kill. Stormskull shatter skulls and drive them out. Get hadnik Khaboss and Kha come to follow for killing. Now come speak Zaltek of friends. Megadeth Khaboss many question. Zaltek say to move in southern mountain. Zaltek said to kill Khaboss Turgo Skulshater years back. Skulshater hadnik. Gilter say Zaltek do this. Monto say Gilter kill. Many thing Gilter say. Many thing Monto say. Megadeth Khaboss very confused. Megadeth Khaboss very mad very easy when very vonfused. New neighbors make Stormskull very confused."

TheDarkDM
2014-12-30, 11:45 AM
Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull took the golden seal of the Teotlkan and examined it with an appraising eye. He continued to hold it in his meat hook hands as he returned his eyes to the ambassador and raised a hand off of the seal to beckon one of the girls to rush over, filling a deep dish with brown liquid that smelled strongly of alcohol. She passed it to Stormskull who took a drink as if to show it was clean, and then the girl passed it to the ambassador.

"Stormskull know foul Monto make good with Gilter but come to Stormskull do princes of Gilter. Offer Megadeth Khaboss good drink. Many Khaboss and Kha say is good drink. Years prior good drink. Gilter puts in this one poison. No balsats way to kill. Stormskull shatter skulls and drive them out. Get hadnik Khaboss and Kha come to follow for killing. Now come speak Zaltek of friends. Megadeth Khaboss many question. Zaltek say to move in southern mountain. Zaltek said to kill Khaboss Turgo Skulshater years back. Skulshater hadnik. Gilter say Zaltek do this. Monto say Gilter kill. Many thing Gilter say. Many thing Monto say. Megadeth Khaboss very confused. Megadeth Khaboss very mad very easy when very vonfused. New neighbors make Stormskull very confused."

Ahmes took a deep drought of the Megadeth Khaboss' offered refreshment, sighing contentedly as it washed the dust of travel from his mouth. However, as the Megadeth Khaboss continued, his contentment changed to confusion. Setting down the wide bowl, Ahmes quirked his head to one side.

"I fear you have been most terribly deceived, Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull. While it is true we answered Skulshater's invasion with war, the Khaboss survived into his dotage after his surrender. Indeed, he is survived by a number of his sons. Had I known he was hadnik to mighty Stormskull, I would have asked his heir to accompany me."

The ambassador shrugged, and smiled sympathetically.

"But I understand your vexation, Megadeth Khaboss. We of Tzalteclan are well acquainted with the duplicity of Guilder. Indeed, for years they were as hadnik to us, before betraying our trust and abandoning our cause. I am not surprised they would seek to pass their lies off as truth."

QuintonBeck
2014-12-30, 12:25 PM
Ahmes took a deep drought of the Megadeth Khaboss' offered refreshment, sighing contentedly as it washed the dust of travel from his mouth. However, as the Megadeth Khaboss continued, his contentment changed to confusion. Setting down the wide bowl, Ahmes quirked his head to one side.

"I fear you have been most terribly deceived, Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull. While it is true we answered Skulshater's invasion with war, the Khaboss survived into his dotage after his surrender. Indeed, he is survived by a number of his sons. Had I known he was hadnik to mighty Stormskull, I would have asked his heir to accompany me."

The ambassador shrugged, and smiled sympathetically.

"But I understand your vexation, Megadeth Khaboss. We of Tzalteclan are well acquainted with the duplicity of Guilder. Indeed, for years they were as hadnik to us, before betraying our trust and abandoning our cause. I am not surprised they would seek to pass their lies off as truth."

"Hmm," Stormskull growled, "Stormskull knows of filthy betraying hadnik. You wish to crush Gilter for betraying Zaltek? Stormskull wish to crush Gilter for betraying Stormskull. Perhaps indeed friends. Perhaps more lies from west. If Zaltek bring son of Skulshater and join Stormskull on battlefield, Megadeth Khaboss consider these words of friendship. What say you son of Teotlkan of Zaltec Clan?"

TheDarkDM
2014-12-30, 12:53 PM
"Hmm," Stormskull growled, "Stormskull knows of filthy betraying hadnik. You wish to crush Gilter for betraying Zaltek? Stormskull wish to crush Gilter for betraying Stormskull. Perhaps indeed friends. Perhaps more lies from west. If Zaltek bring son of Skulshater and join Stormskull on battlefield, Megadeth Khaboss consider these words of friendship. What say you son of Teotlkan of Zaltec Clan?"

"I say..."

Ahmes smiled, drawing forth his ceremonial knife and cutting a long furrow in his palm before presenting his hand.

"That you will see me return alongside the son of Skulshater, leading a column of troops. I say that we shall share in our vengeance, mighty Stormskull."

QuintonBeck
2014-12-30, 01:28 PM
"I say..."

Ahmes smiled, drawing forth his ceremonial knife and cutting a long furrow in his palm before presenting his hand.

"That you will see me return alongside the son of Skulshater, leading a column of troops. I say that we shall share in our vengeance, mighty Stormskull."

The Megadeth Khaboss grabbed his own knife, a cruel and wicked thing that sat on a nearby dresser and pressed it hard into the skin of his own palm, the blade taking a moment to pierce through his leathery blue skin. The wound welled with blue-black blood and he clasped the hand of the Tzaltec ambassador.

"Let it be done."