PDA

View Full Version : [Monster] Fatty Fatty Boom-Balatty...

Eldritch_Ent
2007-03-30, 05:00 PM
Edit: Shoulda put [PEACH] in the title...
Edit Edit: Damn, should have also put it in as a post trying to get into [MitP] =/ Is there any way to add a poll or delete a thread yourself?

...Has been added to to the list of unnacceptable hate speech. But that still doesn't mean I can't make a monster out if it!

[Lipid Golem]

This towering construct of Malice, Magic, and Reanimated humanoid flesh seems to be more a product of Donuts, Butter and Lazyness than anything. It's most notable feature is it's prodigious girth, with huge rolls of pasty white skin anywhere they'll fit. Don't be fooled, the Lipid golem is actually more dangerous than you might think.

Commonly employed by wizards as literal Meat shields, the lipid Golem is expensive to maintain- requiring a large amount of food a day to keep it's massive size up. (Especially if it sees active duty.) The Elemental Spirit driving the Golem is actually a minor demon of Gluttony, and some have thorized this is really just a weaker form of the epic "Famine Spirit" monster.

Hit Dice: 22d8 (90)
Initiative: -4 (-3 Dex, -1 natural)
Speed-: 10 (Can't Run)
AC: 20

Attacks: 2 slams, 1 bite, both +20 Melee
Damage: Slam snf bite- 5d4 + 5
Face: 10 ft by 5 feet
Reach: 10 ft
Special Attacks: Slow, Engorge, Feast, Consume
Special Qualities: Construct, Magic Immunity, Damage Reduction 10/-, Immune to Bludgeoning, Wide Load, Reduction

Saves: Fort +12, Ref -1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 4, Con -, Int -, Wis 8, Cha 1

Advancement: 26-35 Huge, 36 Gargantuan

Construct/DR/ItB- You know how these work.

Wide Load: A Lipid Golem provides concealment bonuses much like standing behindanything does- start at 9/10ths concealment at Huge, and reduce it a step for every size class it decreases. (Like so- 9/10ths, 1/2, 1/4th...)

Magic Immunity- The Lipid Golem is immune to all magic/Supernatural abilities/Spell like abilities as normal.

Reduction: ... Except that Fire spells deal normal damage to a Lipid golem, but are capped at 4d8 damage- However, heat damage subtracts from the golem's Max HP, and whenever a Lipid Golem takes 4 HD or more points of damage during combat from Heat or Fire damage, the Lipid Golem will drop a size class as the fat literally melts and drips from it's body like the fat runs off meat when it's being cooked. (Increase the Monster's Size-to-AC modifier as normal, and double it's land speed when it drops a size class. 10, 20, 40, and so on. Medium or smaller sized Golems have only 1 slam attack. Also, for every HD lost in this manner, the Golem's Agility increases by 1, a -1 damage modifier to it's Slam attacks, and a -1 to it's DR. The reverse holds true if it gains weight.) A medium sized Lipid golem also loses it's Bludgeoning Immunity.
A Lipid golem also naturally loses 2 HD a day if it doesn't eat anything, and automatically loses 1 hit point every round it acts outside of eating.
Golems reduced to Tiny or smaller will try to flee if possible.

Engorge- Every time the Lipid golem succesfully strikes a foe, the foe must roll a Fortitude Check against a DC of half the golem's number of HD- otherwise the opponent loses a point of dexterity as he or she suddenly gains weight. After 24 hours, the victim must make a will save with a DC equal to half the HD of the golem at the time of the point loss, or the loss is converted into semi-permanent Dex drain. (the Dex points cannot be restored via any spells once made permanent, but can be regained by losing the weight- with each point taking 1 day of outright combat and adventuring, a week of strenuous physical activity or two weeks of strict fasting.)

Feast- a Lipid Golem may increase in size and HD by eating- It can at most gain 8 Max HP a round this way, and the rules for this are as follows-

A golem can eat up to 4 hp's worth of food as a free action if it gives up it's bite attack for the round, 8 hp as a standard action, and 16 as a full action.

A single meal for a Small creature: 1 hp.
A single meal for a Medium Creature: 2 Hp
A single meal for a Large- 4 HP
A medium-sized Barrel of food Restores 8 HP
A living creature- See Consume
A Heroes Feast only takes the golem 5 minutes to consume, but it will remain comatose for 55 minutes afterwards while it digests it's meal. Doing so results in the golem immediately becoming Gargantuan Size, (36 hd) regardless of how small it was before.
A Golem may NOT consume undead creatures. (Doing so results in it losing HP)
A lipid golem may eat enough food to restore 16 hp a round, but may only use 8 of it a round.

A Lipid golem may, under NO circumstances, have a total of more than 40 hd/240 hp. (Any larger and it literally wouldn't be able to move.) If a Lipid Golem is presented with food upon reaching this size class, it will only eat enough to prevent the 2HD-a-day loss.

Consume- A Flesh Golem may attempt to grapple and swallow any enemy 1 size class smaller or more than itself instead of taking it's attack for that round, as per the usual rules for these things. If successful, the victim dissapears down the golem's throat, and takes 1d8 acid damage a round. The Golem gains this HP back as per the rules for "Feast", although it cannot gain hp back faster than 8 Hp a round still.

The victim, once consumed, can only act by attacking with a light slashing or piercing weapon (With which the victim can escape by dealing 16 damage if Huge, 8 if large, and 4 if medium and so on.), though the Golem's DR does NOT work from the inside. A Victim can also be freed by using the golem's "Reduction" Ability- if a Golem becomes too small to hold a victim, the victim is assumed to have been in the outer layers of flesh (And only take 1d4 fire damage upon being freed.) and is freed naturally, if greasily.

Construction: Aside from an 18th level caster and a large ruby worth at least 10,000 G with the words "Fight club" inscribed into it, I have no idea. Currently trying to work this part out, though Heroes Feast is definitely a required spell to be cast.

Any thoughts? I'm kinda new at this and mostly meant it as an exercise in sillyness so I hope it came out well, I'm sure there's easier ways to phrase what I said, though... And I think the "Engorge" ability might be overpowered. (The Trick with this monster is supposed to be finding a good balance between shrinking it and killing it.)

I have no idea what to CR this thing as, or even if it's very balanced.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-03-31, 01:46 PM
I'm only bumping this once... Does this thing REALLY suck THAT badly that nobody wants to comment on it? (If so, can you guys at least tell me how to improve my format to mae it easier on other people to rate my stuff?)

martyboy74
2007-03-31, 02:53 PM
What happens if it's larger than gargantuan, and then it eats a Hero's Feast? Does it shrink?

Eldritch_Ent
2007-03-31, 03:22 PM
No, it retains it's current size- (IE it literally can't become bigger than gargantuan.)

Though I suppose it could just add a few more HD- IE to 40. Let me edit the rules on that.