PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Share Powers.

D4rkh0rus
2014-12-30, 09:16 AM
Been doing some searching but to no avail... Is there any way for an ardent to gain the ability to share powers with another character? Like some obscure psionic power or feat...

What basically happened is that my character (tashalatora ardent) was turned into an intelligent necklace... So for the moment ( until the plot decides to fix him) he's stuck.
So I was wondering if there's any way to share all those juicy personal powers with some other player character. (I Can't really use the psycrystal cuz the DM banned metamorphosis, alter self, polymorph, etc...)

Rubik
2014-12-30, 09:53 AM
Tell your fellow PCs to take some levels in illithid savant? If you take the Magic Mantle and the Obtain Familiar feat, they can eat your familiar's brain for Share Spell and you can use that combo to manifest powers on them.

Doc_Maynot
2014-12-30, 09:57 AM
Metaconcert (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/metaconcert.htm) does just that.

Utilizing Psy Ref and the Substitute Powers ACF from this article (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a) you could add it to your list of mantled powers.

mabriss lethe
2014-12-30, 02:02 PM
see if you can't find some way to qualify for Fiend of Possession.

Urpriest
2014-12-30, 03:33 PM
Sangehirn can do this with some powers at least.

WhamBamSam
2014-12-30, 03:49 PM
Tell your fellow PCs to take some levels in illithid savant? If you take the Magic Mantle and the Obtain Familiar feat, they can eat your familiar's brain for Share Spell and you can use that combo to manifest powers on them.Magic Mantle gives you a caster level but not an arcane caster level.

Rubik
2014-12-30, 03:53 PM
Magic Mantle gives you a caster level but not an arcane caster level.True, but you can get around that with proper application of geomancer, I think.

D4rkh0rus
2014-12-31, 03:24 PM
see if you can't find some way to qualify for Fiend of Possession.

How does this work? I can possess a weapon, but how do I share pionic powers with my wielder?

Psyren
2014-12-31, 05:39 PM
Soul Crystal from MoI lets you share nearly every power on your list with almost anyone else, even non-manifesters.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-12-31, 06:30 PM
Soul Crystal from MoI lets you share nearly every power on your list with almost anyone else, even non-manifesters.

Combine a Soul Crystal with Fusion with a Psicrystal + Metamorphosis. Have the target fusion with the metamorphed psicrystal and the resulting creature wear the necklace containing you.
Any powers you manifest can then be shared with the psicrystal-target fusion as if it were the psicrystal.

Edit: Missed the bit about Metamorphosis being banned. You can still do it if you spend another feat on Elemental Envoy (CPsi) since elementals are inherently alive. Psychic Reformation it away once you get back to your own body.

D4rkh0rus
2015-01-02, 05:34 PM
Combine a Soul Crystal with Fusion with a Psicrystal + Metamorphosis. Have the target fusion with the metamorphed psicrystal and the resulting creature wear the necklace containing you.
Any powers you manifest can then be shared with the psicrystal-target fusion as if it were the psicrystal.

Edit: Missed the bit about Metamorphosis being banned. You can still do it if you spend another feat on Elemental Envoy (CPsi) since elementals are inherently alive. Psychic Reformation it away once you get back to your own body.

I don't understand how this would work. I mean, wouldn't it be possible with just metamorphosis and fusion since share power also has the clause that if a power you manifest would target "you" you can make it target. Thus rendering the need for a soul crystal as null... Also, being a 7th lv power I'm a tad away from soul crystal (currently only able to manifest 5th lvl powers)