PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of a Scarred Kingdom: [PF, DSP] Kingmaker 1 IC

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-30, 09:47 AM
You hold in your hands a scroll, marked by the official seal of Brevoy. This scroll is entirely ordinary, yet it contains more power in it than any scroll crafted by the mightiest of wizards. This scroll gives you the opportunity to forge your own destiny, to carve your future glories from the Stolen Lands to the south of Rostland. You and your fellow companions will be the vanguard of a wave of settlers and entrepeneurs.

You and your companions have arrived at Oleg's Trading Post, one of the few settled places in the Stolen Lands and a rare safe haven for you and your friends to rest. When you arrive, you're greeted by Oleg and his wife Svetlana.

Oleg is gruff, and grumbles at your presence. "Don't go thinkin' you can mess around here and I'll let it slide just cuz you've got that fancy charter."

Svetlana is more welcoming, she invites you inside and offers you a bowl of hearty stew. Both of them seem slightly relieved at your presence, but still worried, as if something was on their mind.

Burnheart
2014-12-30, 01:13 PM
Vic gives a nod of acknowledgement when Oleg warns the group before accepting a bowl of stew from Svetlana with a soft, grateful smile seating himself at a corner table with a clear view of the door where he hunches over and starts carefully eatting, though he never takes his eyes off the door.

Morbis Meh
2014-12-30, 03:36 PM
Veronica regards the gruff entrepreneur coolly "Good sir, I believe you mistake our intentions; the way I interpret this charter is to serve the needs of the populace that resides here by making it safer so that others may join them in settling this land. So with that in mind..." The swords woman stands and bows semi gracefully at the couple "Veronica Vera at you service Mister Oleg, is there anything I can do for you and your wife? I cannot speak for the rest of these people here but I can assure you if you make a request I will endeavor to complete it swiftly and to your satisfaction."

[roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-30, 03:52 PM
"Aye, you can fetch me the crown jewels of Choral the Conqueror." Oleg cracks a dry grin and lets loose a gruff laugh. 'Don't worry too much gal, you all are here now, and that'll be help enough come the next few days. Take the time to relax for tonight at least."

carnivoroustofu
2014-12-31, 04:42 AM
Lugas takes the bowl with both hands gratefully and muses aloud half-jokingly, "Trouble? Not likely as long as there's good stew here. Warms the body and the soul, my mother always says." Taking a big swig of stew directly from the bowl, Lugas sets it down and looks around. "Is it just the two of you here most of the time? The Stolen Lands has quite the reputation afterall."

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-31, 02:27 PM
Svetlana nodded in response to Lugas' question. "It is mostly just my husband and I. We have travelers and explorers come through occasionally, but it's typically quiet. Although lately..."

"Don't trouble them with it, love." Oleg interrupted his wife. "I'm sure they've got much more important things on their minds than to hear about our worries."

Burnheart
2014-12-31, 03:22 PM
Vic stops eatting at Oleg's words and looks sharply at him "Our charter requires us to pacify the region before any settlers arrive." Vic says calmly but with an edged tone "So I do believe we are obligated to deal with whatever is troubling you."

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-31, 03:36 PM
"Obligated? That's lovely." Oleg's face soured again

"They are still offering to help, dearest." Svetlana laid a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Alright, fine. We've been having trouble with bandits coming and collecting 'protection' money from us for the last three months. About half a dozen of them come by and raid our stock every month, although I know there's more of them. I'd have given them a right smack myself but..."

"He was worried about my safety." Svetlana finished for him. "Please, if you can help us, we would be grateful."

The two proprietors share their story of shame and fearfulness with you in full, explaining the nature of the bandits they encountered and their fear for their lives and livelihood.

Burnheart
2014-12-31, 11:17 PM
As Oleg starts talking about bandits a guilty look appears briefly upon Vic's face which is swiftly replaced by a scowl as he thinks about his former life and he ponders the rumours he'd heard about the bandits down here.

As Oleg finishes speak Vic simple asks "When are you next expecting them to come collecting?"

Knowledge local check about the bandits [roll0]

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-01, 06:06 AM
Lugas scowls at the mention of bandits as he hands the bowl to Svetlana for seconds. "They need to be dealt with alright. Don't need our route cut off behind us when we're trying to make headway in this blasted land."

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-01, 10:51 AM
Svetlana seems relieved at your promise of assistance, although Oleg still looks apprehensive, possibly worried for the safety of himself and his wife should anything go wrong.

The bandits in this area serve someone calling himself the Stag King. Supposedly he has a fort in the Stolen Lands.

Illogictree
2015-01-01, 07:54 PM
"Pardon me, excuse me," comes an oily voice as a tall, thin man in rich robes only slightly spattered with travel mud slides himself onto a seat at the table next to them. He is a balding, shifty-eyed fellow with a goatee; his height is disguised by the fact that he stands, and indeed sits, with his back bowed out and his head thrust forward, giving the impression of a perched vulture.

As his spindly fingers help himself to a bowl of stew, he grins reassuringly - or rather, what he doubtless considers reassuringly. "I couldn't help but overhear something about a certain charter, am I incorrect? Oh, don't worry, I'm not planning on stealing it from you or anything, heavens no! Instead I'd like to join in on your noble venture, and do everything in my power to help you to fulfill it. What do you say to that, friends?"

There's something odd about him - despite being sketchy as heck, he's just got something about him that puts everyone slightly more at ease around him.

Not sure how this is works in this situation, but his Aura of Subjugation imposes a -1 penalty to Will saves and -2 penalty to Sense Motive to anyone within 30' of him, and his Cuirass of Confidence forces everyone within 60' of him (who can see him) to make a DC 14 Will save or have their attitude toward him improved by 1 step.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-02, 06:52 PM
"Welcome to our trading post friend." Oleg greets the newest arrival. For some reason this suspicious looking character seems to put the proprietor at ease. Svetlana also smiles sweetly at him and offers up another bowl of stew to the party.

"They should be coming soon, unfortunately. Within a day or so." Oleg replies to Vic.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-03, 04:38 AM
Lugas down the stew in one go again before addressing the newcomer. "You could do well by telling us who you are and what you do, Mister."

Burnheart
2015-01-03, 08:18 PM
When the oily voiced newcomer speaks Vic gives him a hard appraising stare that quickly softens into a friendly one, Vic nods to the stranger before turning to the others and saying "If these bandits are going to be coming by so soon we should wait for them."

Will save [roll0]
Sense motive [roll1]

Illogictree
2015-01-03, 10:41 PM
"Ah, of course, I just knew you three would be wise enough to not immediately accept a complete stranger such as I into your little group. You three are going to go places, I can just tell," says the thin stranger as he temporarily pauses eating. "You can call me Eazlor," he introduces himself, drawing out the first syllable of his name as his mouth moves exaggeratedly to enunciate it, "just Eazlor, if you please. And as we are speaking of going places, I suppose you could think of me as someone who smooths out the way to where you're going." His spiderlike hands give a demonstrative gesture, as if gliding them across a flat surface.

"For instance, take these bandits that have been menacing our fair host and his lovely wife," he continues, animatedly gesturing with his spoon. "Outlaws, even ones as cowardly and desperate as they, threaten and rob merely out of seeming lack of alternatives. If you could offer them a better alternative, perhaps they would see reason and suspend further felonious activities. I have a... certain way with people, and I am certain I could convince them to at least consider an offer from you."

Burnheart
2015-01-04, 01:21 AM
"They're not just random thugs, the ones around here serve some self-titled noble bastard calls himself the stag king or something like that. Has a fort in the area suppossedly, so it seems like we should be going after him if we want to settle the area." Vic chimes in "Finding out what these ones know should be a good start."

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-04, 03:06 AM
Lugas sets the bowl down forcefully, rattling the table and its cutlery on impact. "Good enough. I'm Lugas and this is Veronica and Vic. I have no objections to your assistance, though I cannot speak for the others." He then turns to Vic "You're saying we want to keep at least one alive then?"

Burnheart
2015-01-04, 01:18 PM
"I'd like to keep as many alive as possible, there might be a few right bastards amougst them but mostly they'll probably just be desperate folk who feel they have no choice but to steal, thanks to the noble bastards rules and laws pushing them down."

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-04, 01:25 PM
"Great, a political debate." Oleg mutters under his breath.

Svetlana's smile wavers slightly, but she pushes on, still trying to be a good hostess. "I'm sure that there is good in everyone. The teachings of many gods say so, but these men... I suppose its up to you what you decide to do about them. It is getting late though, perhaps you would all like to retire so that you can rest before tomorrow. I can show you to your rooms if you like?"

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-04, 01:55 PM
"Well I was thinking of leaving them alive for questioning and not much else but I suppose that is true as well. For their sake I hope they're cooperative with our .. demands. I'm rather reluctant to jeopardise our own safety to preserve their lives." Svetlana's suggestion interrupts Lugas' gloomy line of thought and he responds with much more enthusiasm. "Ah that would be most welcome after a good meal! Lead on, my lady."

Burnheart
2015-01-05, 01:01 AM
"I'm not saying we should let them kill us, I just mean try getting them to surrender and accept if they do, not kill them all." Vic replies before adding to Svetlana "A decent nights rest woudld be good thanks."

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-05, 08:13 PM
Svetlana leads the party up the stairs to the guest room. The room is large enough to fit everyone with a curtain to divide it. The room is furnished simply, with straw matresses already laid out.

"You are welcome to use this room for the night. There is an outhouse not far from the back door and a bathtub on the first floor if you wish to clean yourselves."

Burnheart
2015-01-06, 10:05 AM
"Thank you." Vic says to Svetlana before moving towards a bed.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-06, 12:39 PM
Lugas lets out a big yawn and stretch. "I'll pass. See you all in the morning. It's going to be a busy day tomorrow." Tossing the heavy armor to the ground carelessly in a pile beside his mat, Lugas lays down and falls into a deep sleep soon after with all his limbs splayed out.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-06, 11:53 PM
Veronica laid her things down on the opposite side of the curtain from the male members of the party and fell asleep almost as quickly as Lugas while the rest of the party finishes up their night and gets ready to face tomorrow, the first day of their exploration of the Greenbelt.

Take any final actions you want, then we'll skip ahead to tomorrow and get started in earnest.

Burnheart
2015-01-07, 10:58 PM
Vic strips off his dirty clothes, rolls them into a heap besides his bed then throws himself down with a loud grunt "G'nite." he calls out to the others.

Illogictree
2015-01-07, 11:52 PM
Eazlor looks at the accommodations with a look of minor distaste on his face, then shrugs and unrolls his bedroll atop one of the mattresses. As he settles in for the night, he carefully looks over the others in this little group he's joined, a pondering look upon his face. If the others are still awake, they can hear him muttering softly to himself.

"This is only for a short while; things will get better, I'm sure, and I'll be back to my accustomed situation..."

"Yes, yes, I'm sure they'll do, I'm certain I've backed a winner this time..."

"So, this 'Stag King' thinks he's competition? We'll just see about that! Now, how to deal with him..."

He drifts off to sleep, schemes and ambitions slithering through his mind.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-08, 08:47 AM
Morning light fills the room where the party sleeps with a soft glow. The smell of fresh baked bread and roasting meat wafts up from below, signaling a start to the morning.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-08, 12:44 PM
Lugas' eyes spring open shortly after. A new day of possibilities beckoned. He looks at the rest of the sleeping group half-apologetically as he dons his armor as quietly as possible, a task he knew would be futile. They deserved to sleep in if they could sleep through that. For Lugas though, a hearty breakfast or two awaited downstairs.

Burnheart
2015-01-08, 11:11 PM
Vic awakens with a start, his eyes snapping open as his hands reach for his weapons before he relaxes slightly and pulls on his travel stained clothes instead. Once properly dressed, which takes only a few moments, Vic pauses for a brief bit of meditation, once thats done he heads downstairs with a nod to Lugas "Morning." he says while he passes by.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-11, 12:20 PM
Downstairs in the main room warm loaves of bread and another pot of hearty stew are already laid out with simple wooden bowls and spoons. Svetlana is busy tending the fire and a teapot hanging above it. Oleg is not inside at the moment.

Burnheart
2015-01-12, 11:08 AM
Vic walks over to a table and begins to eat with a friendly smile and a wave to Sventlana as he does so.

Illogictree
2015-01-13, 12:24 AM
After completing his morning meditations, Eazlor glides downstairs to the breakfast table and, with his best charming smile to their hostess, digs in to the food.

Partway through the meal, he attempts to strike up a conversation with Vic.

"Excuse me, Sir Vic, I couldn't help but notice you seemed to know something about the bandits in these parts - this so-called 'Stag King'? Do you know anything about him beyond what you have already said?" He takes another bite of bread and continues. "I feel this fellow is CLEARLY a threat to our efforts to pacify this region, and it would be in our best interests to deal with him as soon as possible. I recommend slaying him, but doing so in such a way that we can transfer the loyalty of his followers to us. In that way, we can gain minions (sorry, I mean, followers) who know the area already, which will be very valuable to us in our coming ventures."

"However, we will need all the information we can get to formulate a plan in order to make this possible."

Burnheart
2015-01-13, 03:24 AM
Vic just turns and gives Eazlor a dead pan stare and says "I ain't no sir, and if I knew more i'd have already said."

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-13, 11:03 AM
Lugas busies himself with the bread and stew and doesn't stop to swallow before butting into the conversation as some stew dribbles down his chin. "Speaking of the bandits, do you have any plans in mind for them? A classic ambush? Or a direct confrontation?"

Morbis Meh
2015-01-14, 04:10 PM
Veronica slept alright but she felt she was beginning to develop a headache and the root of said ache was the newcomer who just wouldn't shut up, ignoring his scheming she turns to Lugas "Ambush would reduce the number of casualties and increase our chances of surrender. Why waste the element of surprise when it is not necessary? All we need to do is lure them out and cut down a few of them before the others have time to think. The other's will fold quickly after that and we can interrogate them as we please."

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-15, 12:28 PM
"We should probably take a look outside to see if there are any good spots then. Springing them as they walk through the door into the establishment would be the simplest method but I think we might end up doing more damage than the bandits ever did to this place. A travesty upon our lovely hosts."

Lugas waves to Svetlana as he speaks, motioning for more stew.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-15, 01:13 PM
Svetlana brings the stew pot over to Lugas. "I couldn't help but overhear. We do have a barn that you could use to hide out in if you wish to ambush the bandits when they come. "

Morbis Meh
2015-01-15, 08:43 PM
Veronica nods "That would be good as long as we have someone draw them to that immediate area, I engage in close combat so I would require short proximity with little hindrance to our targets. I think it would be best if it would be Oleg or yourself that greet them so we don't raise suspicion, you two can discuss amongst yourselves who would be best at not giving us away. I warn you there will be lethal violence during this altercation so you may wish to factor that into your decision if either one of you is uncomfortable with such." She turns back to Lugas "Now I suppose we have a decision, take out the leader or not. The first choice will more than likely cause the remaining bandits to submit peacefully but we run the risk of losing valuable information in the process depending on how high ranking they are. Alternatively we keep the leader alive, which would mean greater casualties but we gain access to a higher ranking member's knowledge."

Veronica gives an icy stare and shrugs "Personally I could care less if we kill them all, we have been given clearance to execute any who participate in banditry and that is all I require but I do cede to the fact that it may be wiser to allow forgiveness in the case that others may repent. Not that they deserve such a luxury as redemption but only for the sake of limiting risk to ourselves. I believe the old adage goes 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar' though I do suggest we take into account Oleg's feelings on the subject since he and his wife are the victim in this scenario."

Illogictree
2015-01-16, 07:21 PM
"Well," says Eazlor, feeling a little ignored, "I suppose I should not have been so presumptuous as to assume you would heed the advice of someone you only just met yesterday. I shall defer to your own discretion of course."

"Sadly, my own talents lie elsewhere other than the battlefield. I will not be much use in the upcoming confrontation, but if we do take a prisoner, I will be of much greater use in the interrogation."

He settles back and smooths out his rich, rather attention-getting robes, keeping his face impassive.

Burnheart
2015-01-17, 01:09 AM
"Ambush works for me." Vic replies slowly as he gives Veronica a dark look.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-18, 06:01 AM
Lugas fills up everyone's bowls with stew before eating straight from the pot. "Now, now you two. In any case, I don't relish the idea of leaving the post open when we spring them from outside. I'll sit right outside the front door and let them know surrender is on the cards for them. If they insist on fisticuffs, you all can spring them from the barn in a multi-pronged attack. Dead or alive is your call. Sounds fair enough?"

Morbis Meh
2015-01-18, 07:41 PM
Veronica raises an eyebrow "So you would cost us the element of surprise? There is no gain in your plan of action, these types won't bend until they bleed, all your prattling will do is give us away and cause greater harm to the rest of us. Not to mention they may send one of their own out to warn the rest of them at the sighting of someone new. So I ask this: Will you be able to accept the innocent blood on your hands for your actions?"

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-19, 11:28 AM
"Hardly; not us, just me. Now if you still can't surprise them when you're all coming from behind while they have their attention on me, I doubt we ever had a chance to surprise them to begin with. If they need reinforcements for one unarmed half-giant, well, then they were never an issue to begin with. Besides, I thought you might relish the thought of that. The more of them gathered here, the more you get to personally eliminate in one fell swoop, no?"

Morbis Meh
2015-01-19, 08:19 PM
Veronica visibly winces and places her fingers on her forehead "I am getting the impression that battle logistics was never your strong suit was it? It is not reinforcements that I am speaking of, it is warning the rest of their posse that there are people interfering with their business causing them to fortify thus making our job much more difficult in the long run. In regards to your vague desire to welcome the bandits I will have this to say: Your presence alone will transform their attitude from docile and incautious to suspicious and hostile. Thus making the entire ordeal more difficult and anyone who says they like challenges is either brain damaged or not long for this world. As for wishing to eliminate said bandits, I am indifferent to the matter, I prefer efficiency and if it is more efficient to murder them all in their sleep than so be it."

Burnheart
2015-01-21, 07:00 AM
While the others argue Vic just finishes his meal and heads to the barn to wait for the bandits to arrive.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-21, 01:26 PM
Lugas shrugs "Have it your way then. But be warned, sneaking about is hardly my specialty. Don't burst into tears when my attempt blows more than just my own cover."

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-21, 02:19 PM
Time first passes slowly, then seems to rapidly accelerate as the bandits draw closer and closer to the Trading Post. Oleg and Svetlana leave the cart with their goods in front of the barn, as agreed, while the party hides. They retreat to their home and hope against hope that the party will be their deliverance.

http://i.imgur.com/f3E4V6F.png

You guys were successful in your hiding from the enemy, so you'll get a surprise round. Thank circumstance bonuses.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-22, 12:38 PM
Lugas winces as turquoise crystalline claws sprout out bloodlessly from underneath his fingernails. It didn't cause any pain, but the sight was still somewhat unnerving to see as his nails were torn free off his fingers.

Move action Form Claws

Morbis Meh
2015-01-22, 04:24 PM
Veronica hears the approach of her enemies and breathes in deeply, calming herself the center of a storm. Silently she slides herself into a well practiced stance, anticipation of violence building within her like a dark cancer.

Veronica goes into her Scarlet Einhander stance for her surprise round action.

Illogictree
2015-01-23, 03:48 AM
Eazlor, for his part, cowers in the corner out of sight. Manipulating his internal energies, he sets himself up for maximum defense, silently cursing his inability to weave more than two veils at a time.

Spends a swift action to perform his essence allocation:
1 to Ring of the Abjurer - Extra +1 to armor bonus, total of +5
1 to Weaver's Reflexes - +1 Insight bonus to Reflex saves
0 to Cuirass of Confidence - no effect on the attitude adjusting aura, but does not get the +1 Insight to Diplomacy

Holds his other actions.

Burnheart
2015-01-23, 09:39 AM
Vic readies himself for battle drawing out his hammer & axe and steeling himself for the coming fight.

spend 1 pp to cast Inertial Armor

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-25, 10:09 PM
Sensing nothing amiss, the bandits begin inspecting the cart filled with goods.

"Get a move on you lazy *****! We don't have all day. Get those horses hitched so we can get back to camp!" the apparent leader of the bandits shouts. He makes no move to help the other bandits, instead he stands there waiting for them to get to work.

http://i.imgur.com/r7oDsx4.png

All the bandits move into position around the cart, none of them have their weapons readied.

Well, at least you guys made it easy for me.

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-26, 03:13 AM
Lugas dashes out of the barn, stopping as he spots the bandits standing around the wagon. Taking a deep breath, Lugas yells at the lot. "Oi you there, surrender! Or you'll be in for a whole lot of misery!"

move to K15, Feral Roar intimidate on O17

intimidate 1d20+3

carnivoroustofu
2015-01-26, 12:37 PM
((For the botched intimidate roll above))
[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2015-01-26, 05:33 PM
Vera sighs warily at the shout and calmly wanders out of the barn while blood pounded through her temples as the darkness within her surged forth. Time slowed for her and her vision became clouded with a dark haze as it focused on the man in front of her "Your soul shall be mine..." With fluid grace Vera lashed out with her sword in tightly kept pattern at the unfortunate soul.

Vera HP: 11/11 AC: 17
Move Action: Move to K16
Swift Action: Dark Claim on L17 Opponent
Standard Action: Disturbing Blow @ L17 (if it hits the enemy takes a -4 penalty on next attack roll)

To hit: [roll0] (come on dice gods... the enemy is flat footed and everything!)
damage: [roll]1d8]/roll] sword damage + [roll1] bonuse from stance

Well screw you dice gods.... I don't need to fix that roll it will be a miss

Also when the first person goes to attack her she will use spilled Salt as a counter to grant a -4 penalty to said enemy's attack roll

Burnheart
2015-01-26, 06:51 PM
Vic rushes out lauching a furious attack with his hammer, a manic expression flashing across his face.

move action to P-16, standerd action to attack the guy in O-17

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Illogictree
2015-01-29, 01:42 AM
Hold action.

Can I just announce that until otherwise specified, Eazlor will simply remain in place holding his actions?

Elricaltovilla
2015-02-01, 10:43 AM
While Eazlor hides in the barn, the other party members run forth to try and attack the bandits. Though they swing mightily, the nimble enemies manage to dodge their blows. The bandits are quick to return attacks against the party, drawing shortswords to fend off their attackers.

http://i.imgur.com/BghYcq7.png

K17 Bandit- Attacks Veronica
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

L17 Bandit- Attacks Veronica
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

O17 Bandit- Attacks Vic
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

P17 Bandit- Attacks Vic
Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Happs- Ranged Attacks Vic
Attack: [roll8] (Note: Happs is taking a -4 penalty for attacking into melee) Damage: [roll9]

carnivoroustofu
2015-02-01, 11:28 AM
Lugas sighs "Well you had your chance.." and charges at one of the bandits, attempting to plunge his claws deep into his torso. "NOW REAP WHAT YOU'VE SOWN."

Chargeeeeeeeeee to N16 targeting O17
attack[roll0]
damage [roll1]
intimidate [roll2]
wow mad whiffs for two characters today

Burnheart
2015-02-02, 06:36 PM
Seeing his companion fall drives Vic into a frenzy, lashing out madly at the enemy standing before him.

Full round action to attack with both weapons

attack 1d20+
damage [roll0]

attack 1d20+
damage [roll1]