PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of a Scarred Kingdom: [PF, DSP] Kingmaker 2 IC

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-30, 09:51 AM
You hold in your hands a scroll, marked by the official seal of Brevoy. This scroll is entirely ordinary, yet it contains more power in it than any scroll crafted by the mightiest of wizards. This scroll gives you the opportunity to forge your own destiny, to carve your future glories from the Stolen Lands to the south of Rostland. You and your fellow companions will be the vanguard of a wave of settlers and entrepeneurs.

You and your companions have arrived at Oleg's Trading Post, one of the few settled places in the Stolen Lands and a rare safe haven for you and your friends to rest. When you arrive, you're greeted by Oleg and his wife Svetlana.

Oleg is gruff, and grumbles at your presence. "Don't go thinkin' you can mess around here and I'll let it slide just cuz you've got that fancy charter."

Svetlana is more welcoming, she invites you inside and offers you a bowl of hearty stew. Both of them seem slightly relieved at your presence, but still worried, as if something was on their mind.

Vhaidara
2014-12-30, 07:18 PM
Christerac sighed. He disliked dealing with people, but at least his colleagues seemed like decent enough people. He would have to explain to them about his own brand of skills at some point. That would not be an enjoyable conversation.

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-31, 04:39 PM
"We're glad you all decided to visit our little trading post. Our wares are available for sale to you any time you're here, and I always try to have a good stew going for any adventurers like yourselves who stop by." Svetlana said to try and further conversation with her guests.

Vhaidara
2014-12-31, 05:56 PM
Thank you. It is always nice to have a chance to eat a homecooked meal.
He gladly accepts the stew.
So, do you two know anything about the bandits? I was born a ways to the north, but haven't been back in the area since I was a child.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-02, 06:55 PM
Oleg frowns at the mention of bandits and leaves the room without a word. Svetlana looks at Christerac with a worried face, then explains in a whisper.

"My poor husband and I have been beset by bandits for months now. They've been coming and collecting what little money we've made every few weeks, leaving us nearly destitute. Oleg has written for aid multiple times. We'd hoped you were the guards we were promised, but I fear he's disappointed that our aid won't be coming soon enough. If you could please, I can't ask you to do it for us, but we would be grateful for any help."

Vhaidara
2015-01-02, 07:12 PM
Christerac looks down at his stew.
I am no warrior, but if my comrades will aid you, I shall support them to the best of my abilities.

TheEmperor
2015-01-05, 08:26 PM
Ardias slowly dug into the bowl of food that was laid in front of him, attempting to make the sounds he made from eating a little... less noisy so as to be able to listen to every word that was said without any issues.

He laid it down after finishing a sizable portion of it, he returned the glances he was given, and said "I, too, shall attempt to assist in what ever way I can." He did not say, however, that in what way he would help. Explaining his power was difficult enough as it was to himself, and he did not want to attempt an explanation to others.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-06, 11:55 PM
"We appreciate your help so much. If you'd like a good night's rest before tomorrow, I've got mattresses laid out upstairs for you. There's also a bath out back if you'd like to wash yourselves free of the dust from your travels." Svetlana offered.

Vhaidara
2015-01-07, 12:54 AM
Christerac nods, then stands and looks around at the others who had come with him.
Well, gentlemen, I am going to go and ready myself for sleep.
He heads upstairs and waits for the others to join him. If there was a chance that there would be violence, he would need to establish his web in order to protect people.

Fallenreality
2015-01-08, 11:48 PM
Laethor peels himself from the corner where he was sitting and gives a polite nod to the rest of the people gathered in the room before heading off to his room, the bird that had been perched by the window all evening flies after him with a polite caw towards the people gathered.

The stew was filling, and his companions seemed an interesting sort. He decided that this was a decent enough start to his endeavors in the area.

HopeHubris
2015-01-09, 07:27 PM
"G'day, sorry I'm late, was looking for some water, but ****, nothing nearby at all, how can you people live without water deep enough to swim in?"
Croc says as he slams open the door and walks in
"Ah well, theses are the River Kingdoms, we'll find something soon enough, can look for one while we kill all the bandits, tomorrow anyway"
He says, heading off to bed

TheEmperor
2015-01-09, 07:38 PM
Once his food was finished, and the offer of staying for some sleep was made, Ardias nodded to affirm his answer, ad got up to make his way upstairs with the rest. He did not give them all too much heed, and simply attempted to get some sleep soon. Interaction would come later, when he was not feeling as worn out as he was now.

Vhaidara
2015-01-09, 07:44 PM
Once everyone is upstairs, Christerac closes the door.
Gentlemen, if we do have to defend ourselves, I want you all to know about my capabilities. I will be able to link us all into a mental network. Through that network, I shall be able to heal your wounds, though it is a taxing process for us. I wanted to warn you so that you did not resist when I attempt to form the collective.

HopeHubris
2015-01-09, 07:50 PM
"Can't we talk about it in the morning? I'm ****in' tired, long ride and no water."
Croc sighs
"Bugger it, I hit thing, hard, there you go, that's what I do"

Fallenreality
2015-01-09, 08:21 PM
Laethor gives a slight chuckle at Croc's answer.
"I'm a scout, I'll go on ahead real quiet like." he points at the bird on his shoulder. "He's Sabre. Don't listen to him, he's an *******."
The bird gives an annoyed caw at this comment and nips Laethor on the ear.
"See?"

Vhaidara
2015-01-10, 08:28 PM
Christerac sighs, shaking his head. His own technique revealed, he lies down and turns over, pretending to sleep as he trances.

TheEmperor
2015-01-10, 10:14 PM
Ardias raised an eyebrow to the new revelation, secretly wondering about the similarities between him and this new "friend" he'd acquired, but did not say anything. He sighed, and said "I can manipulate mass and energy with my mind. This lil' fellow..." he stopped to let the crystal he'd been hiding float right up "Helps me out. Now, good night, I suppose."

And with that over, he decided to flop into the bed, and get his equivalent of sleep.

Fallenreality
2015-01-10, 10:49 PM
Seeing his companions preparing for sleep, Laethor lays down on his bed and whispers to his bird.
"You know the drill, you keep an eye out now, and you can sleep while we travel tomorrow."
With that he closes his eyes.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-11, 12:14 PM
Morning seems to come only too soon after sleep, as the room where everyone sleeps fills with light and the distant song of birds. The smell of fresh baked bread and more hearty stew drifts up from below.

Vhaidara
2015-01-11, 12:42 PM
Christerac rises, having been awake for hours. He quietly heads downstairs.
Good morning.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-11, 12:47 PM
Svetlana is already downstairs, having prepared another pot of stew and a loaf of fresh bread for breakfast. She is tending to the fire over which a teapot is currently boiling.

"Ah! Good morning, Sir Christerac. I've made some breakfast for you all. Oleg already ate, he's tending to the trading post's walls now. Why don't you have something to eat?"

Vhaidara
2015-01-11, 12:52 PM
Thank you, my good lady. You have been most hospitable.
Christerac takes a seat at the table and begins to eat.

Fallenreality
2015-01-12, 11:03 AM
Laethor comes downstairs with Sabre perched on his shoulder and goes to grab a bowl of stew with a slightly tired
"Morning"
After sitting down he picks a small bit of meat out of the stew and gives it to the bird who has now hopped down onto the seat next to him.
"Lovely day, I might try and get some sword practice in before we take off."

TheEmperor
2015-01-13, 07:41 PM
After having woken up, Ardias came down, and sat down with rest of the fellows, his psicrystal having hidden itself in his robes once again. He was in his usual mood in the mornings, which was not very happy. He took a few bites, swallowed, and said "Well, it's an incredibly tasty breakfast, but I think we should probably get to do what we came here to do soon. There's a large sum of land out there, and criminals of the worst who need to be cleaned out, you know?"

HopeHubris
2015-01-13, 10:38 PM
You can all hear Croc still snoring

Vhaidara
2015-01-14, 01:35 AM
Christerac finishes up his stew.
Has anyone got a stick? I don't think I want to try and wake our large friend up without something between us. I like my hands attached to my wrists.

Fallenreality
2015-01-14, 11:24 AM
Laethor pulls his sword out of his scabbard and offers the scabbard to Christerac. The sword he pulls out looks like the owner has put a rather large amount of time into maintaining and cleaning the blade.
"Will this do? I was about to go practice anyway."

Vhaidara
2015-01-14, 11:31 AM
Christerac nods.
Should work.
He takes the scabbard back upstairs and pokes at Croc with the scabbard.

HopeHubris
2015-01-14, 08:41 PM
Croc wakes, snapping at the scabbard that woke him
"Why'd ya wake me? We going to kill stuff now, or are you just bored?"

Bite-ing sunder attempt on the scabbard [roll0]
if it hits: [roll1], no essentia in the bite yet :smalltongue:

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-14, 08:57 PM
Croc's teeth tear into the scabbard, leaving the leather barely intact.

I figured it was made of leather and about two inches thick, or more accurately two one inch thick pieces sewn together. So the scabbard has Hardness 2 and 10 HP, leaving it with 2 HP and the broken condition.

Vhaidara
2015-01-14, 09:09 PM
Christerac looks at the damaged scabbard.
Well, I figured that you wouldn't want to miss a warm meal. I think we'll be leaving fairly soon, so I thought I would wake you.

HopeHubris
2015-01-14, 09:18 PM
Croc gets out of bed, grabs his sword and walks down to breakfast
"Any meat?"

Vhaidara
2015-01-14, 09:25 PM
There's a good stew.
Christerac heads outside to return the scabbard to Laethor.

Fallenreality
2015-01-15, 10:07 PM
Laethor is practicing his maneuvers outside when he sees Christerac and the scabbard.
"Oof, looks like you were right about not touching him yourself. Would it be crass to charge him for a new one?"
Laethor sighs.
"I suppose I brought this one on myself. Tomorrow I'll have the bird caw in his ear until he gets up."
As he says this, he finishes up the form he was going through and takes the broken scabbard from Christerac.
"I'll go ask our hosts about somewhere to repair it."

Vhaidara
2015-01-16, 12:05 AM
Christerac watches, and nods.
You seem fairly skilled. I too wish to speak to our host. Perhaps he can tell us something about the local bandits.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-16, 12:22 AM
It doesn't take much looking around outside to find Oleg standing atop the wall surrounding the trading post. He appears to be looking off into the distance with a spyglass in hand.

Vhaidara
2015-01-16, 12:35 AM
Christerac makes his way up to the top of the wall.
Good morning. See anything out there?

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-16, 01:04 AM
Oleg passes the spyglass to Christerac. "Take a look for yourself. There's a dust cloud a few leagues out. I don't know for sure if its the bandits, but they usually come from that direction. If it is them, they're only a couple hours away."

Vhaidara
2015-01-16, 01:21 AM
Christerac takes the glass and looks out in the direction Oleg was looking.
How many of them usually come? How well armed are they? Do you have an idea of their training, if any?

Fallenreality
2015-01-16, 01:31 AM
Laethor walks in after Christerac and gives a small grin at the mention of bandits.
"We might have to give them a bit of a surprise then."
Laethor scans the room for a replacement to his scabbard.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-16, 01:33 AM
Oleg shakes his head and laughs. "You ask a lot of questions. I don't really know that much. The first time they came, there were about a dozen of them. They were being bossed around by this mean looking woman and her partner, it looked like. She had mean eyes that one, sharp too. The man, he was crude and kind of dumb. This past time though, there were only five of them. The woman hasn't come since the first trip, and they bring less men each time. They've got swords and axes and some arrows. Torches too, since they threatened to burn us down if we didn't give up. I couldn't tell you how well they fight, I didn't want to put Svetlana at risk."

Vhaidara
2015-01-16, 01:44 AM
Christerac nods.
Fair enough. I was mostly checking in case you had known any of them before they became bandits. And yes, I tend to ask many questions and quickly. Side effect of my medical work. I can't heal someone unless I have the relevant details about what's wrong with them. Now, Oleg, I am going to establish a mental network for in case things turn violent. I will be able to protect anyone in the network, but currently, me reach only extends to four individuals. It might be for the best if your wife remained inside and you joined the network.
He extends his mind towards Oleg, Laethor, Croc, and Ardias.

HopeHubris
2015-01-16, 01:45 AM
"No risk now, we'll kill the lot of 'em"
He says, giving a very toothy grin
"What races were they? I hope there are halflings, halflings are delicious"

He then prepares his essence for the fight to come, the grin staying on his face the entire time

Essence
Increased essence capacity to Bite
Bite: 0/2
Camo: 0/1
Stone Giant Girdle 1/1
Spent: 1/1

Maneuvers
Stance: Stance of Aggression
Readied:
Voracious Drive
Scything Strike
Strength of Hell
Crushing Blow

Fallenreality
2015-01-16, 02:30 AM
Laethor is still grinning slightly.
"Now now, don't scare our hosts. You already made a good breakfast out of my scabbard."
Sabre gives off a series of caws that sound eerily like a laugh.

Disturbing Blow
Red Zephyr Strike
Woeful Burden

TheEmperor
2015-01-16, 05:30 PM
Ardias felt the approaching effect of Christerac's mind, and accepted him into his mind's fold, although he still kept his mental measures at the ready, in case the fellow tried something, in which case, he'd have to take drastic measures. He looked over to the gate, and said "Laying an ambush shouldn't be too hard, since we can easily establish a chokepoint, and entrap them. An easily completed venture. I suggest we bait them in, and have two flanking them from the sides."

Vhaidara
2015-01-16, 07:42 PM
I will act as bait. I will be of little use in acts of violence, unless our foes perform them.
The doctor smiles
Then, I shall be of quite a bit of help.

HopeHubris
2015-01-20, 12:09 AM
"So, uh, healin's all you do? I know a couple of clerics that heal pretty well, but they can also take a mace to yer 'ead if you piss 'em off"

Vhaidara
2015-01-20, 01:08 PM
Christerac shakes his head.
Not exactly. My powers are still developing, but I am able to weaken foes and use their energy to reinforce our bodies. It is not a fast process, though.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-21, 02:34 PM
With the time before the bandits arrival drawing to a close, the party takes up positions hiding in the barn, while Oleg and Svetlana help set up the trap by placing the cart in front of the barn to draw the bandits inside. Oleg and Svetlana leave to take refuge inside their house, and hope for their deliverance from these bandits.

Unfortunately, the trap fails to catch the bandits by surprise, and they ready themselves for combat as the party exits the barn.

http://i.imgur.com/ygMu8GB.png

So, no surprise round for you lot, but it shouldn't be too bad right?

Vhaidara
2015-01-25, 10:59 PM
Christerac steps out of the barn.
Hello gentlemen. How can I help you?

stack
2015-01-27, 01:55 PM
A hulking figure stalks toward the entrance to the trading post. His bulk makes the two-handed sword he wields seem small, though his shear size promises impressive reach. Wrinkled white skin is visible underneath a wide hood. The figure stops just outside the gate, holding still as he evaluates the scene, blade drawn but held low. Curiously, his shadow is not still, its blade swinging in a challenging flourish, beckoning all comers.

After a moment, he casts back the hood, revealing a boxy head, over-large ears, and a prehensile trunk. White skin and red eyes complete the peculiar package. A booming voice calls out, "I bear the charter and come to join those who seek to execute it. Identify yourselves."Eternal Guardian - Stance of the Guardian - threatened area is difficult terrain. Threatens 20' out (reach weapon - fiend's grip, fluffed as a malevolent shadow.

Space is K-L 25-26

Should threaten most of the bandits should we fight.

Desril
2015-01-29, 03:19 PM
Enter Ealana

Having stumbled around for hours alone in the woods since being unceremoniously transported through the Elf Gate, Ealana was elated at the rumbling sound of words being shouted in the Common tongue of this region of Golarion. I don't know who or what that was, but it was intelligent at least, which means I can get information. Picking up her pace, the buxom blonde sprints through the forest before spotting the walls of Oleg's Trading Post, though not knowing that was its name, along with the massive cloaked figure that looked as if it could give the men of her world a solid thrashing. The large one must be the one who shouted. It seems he is here for basically the same reason that I am, but these others, she looks curiously at the assembled group of bandits and adventurers, her short antennae twitching while her golden, waist-length hair billows out behind her in the wind, I am not sure what is going on, but the humans seem like the aggressors. Bandits they are called, I think. I'll have to do something about this before the one standing in front of them gets himself killed. He may even be grateful for it.

Coming to that conclusion, the nude Lashunta woman saunters closer to the gate with everything on display, breasts bouncing with every step, though each one is taken with the confident bearing of a queen in a regal dress, and calling out in well practiced Common as she does, "You there, the one in command of these men. There is no need for hostility now. Would it not be better to resolve this conflict peacefully? Lay down your arms and let us discuss what I can do for you." I've read about how easily distracted these savages can be, let's see if there is any truth to the stories. Those closest to the bandit leader might notice a faint chiming sensation but be unable to locate the source of it as Ealana's power manifests. And once it's taken its hold, her antennae twitch again, this time though they point toward the bandit's leader as she sends him a telepathic message. "There are so many things more interesting than fighting that we could be doing, don't you think?"

Entering the map at R26

Using Empathic Connection on Bandit Leader (DC 15) (I figure that since me and the party aren't technically allies yet, he shouldn't get the bonus to the save, right?)
If successful, Opposed Cha Check to convince him to surrender his weapon and talk things out [roll0]

If he makes the save and isn't Charmed, Bluff to convince him that if he doesn't fight then the two of them can do something that takes advantage of her lack of clothes [roll1] (Any chance for a circumstantial bonus? :smalltongue:)

Elricaltovilla
2015-02-01, 11:10 AM
The sudden arrival of multiple, very strange looking people sets the bandits on edge. More than anything, they appear confused by what's going on.

When the tall, buxom, nude lady arrives, Happs appears to lose any real control over his thoughts. He smiles sheepishly and lowers his bow, although he doesn't drop it completely.

"Aright, we'll talk. See, this here's a... business arrangement. We come for those goods in this here cart, as tribute, but that guy over there," Happs gestures at Christerac. "Wants to stand in the way of good ol' capitolism. So, y'see, I'd love to talk stuff out, but I got business to attend to first. Oh, and I got no idea who that there big fella is."

The words seem to spill out all at once, as if he can't stop himself talking. The rest of the bandits stand around looking confused as well, unused to this sort of action from their leader.

http://i.imgur.com/C6g4Wth.png

So, the bandits are considered flat-footed for the round, since they are very confused about what's going on and don't know if they should be killing people yet.

Hex's Threatened area has been truncated slightly by the presence of the walls, although it can change if he moves slightly. All bandits except the one at M21 are in the threatened area.

Vhaidara
2015-02-01, 11:40 AM
Christerac gives the man a quizzical look.
I don't recall saying anything about stopping you. I am not a violent man. In fact, I seem to recall asking if there was anything I could do to help you.
His eyes move to the large beastman and the nude woman.
We're all friends here, after all.
And his mind reaches out to contact them.

Forming my collective again, now that we've lost 2 members :smalltongue:

stack
2015-02-02, 10:05 PM
The hulking brute with the aggressive shadow holds his ground. Hex may not have arrived in time to speak to the post's proprietors, but he had gathered enough before setting out that anyone speaking of tribute out here was going to be a bandit. He glowers at the apparent leader of the apparent bandits. "I do not believe you will be taking anything today. In fact, I believe you will be putting down your weapons and surrendering. Cooperation reduces the likelihood of summary execution in accordance with the charter."[roll0] includes bonus for being larger than the target

Desril
2015-02-02, 10:14 PM
Ealana

Doing her best to look enticing, she keeps up the attempt to get the bandits to surrender. "I think you should listen to the big guy. Men can be so stubborn and violent when they're angry, and he looks quite upset. It'd be a shame if something happened to you before we could have some fun, don't you think? Just do as he says and there will be plenty of time for us once we sort this out."

While speaking, however, she feels Christerac's mental link and is intrigued. No time for that now. Instead, she sends out a quick telepathic message to Hex, "It looks like we're on the same side. Hopefully these fools won't be so stupid as to try to fight, but if they do, I'll focus on the one in charge first."

Empathic Connection Charisma Check to compel him to agree [roll0]

We're going to do this without fighting! Somehow! He'll give in to one of these checks, if not this one, the intimidate should do him in.

Elricaltovilla
2015-02-05, 01:22 PM
Happs looks torn between wanting to appear tough and in control before his men, wanting to piss himself and really wanting to do what the pretty blonde lady suggests. His men for the most part, seem eager to drop their weapons and write off this outing as a loss.

"Alright, we'll... We'll call this off. You all can leave an' we won't have no trouble now, will we? Everybody can go their separate ways, an' there won't be no harm no foul, right?" Happs says, still attempting to appear like he's in control of the situation. He keeps an eye on Ealana, clearly expecting her to depart with him and his men when they leave.

HopeHubris
2015-02-05, 01:29 PM
"We should tear them limb from limb, they may scare easily but they'll be back, and in greater numbers. From what I heard, there's no shortage o' bandits, and they apparently like looting this place"
Croc whispers to Christerac, still hiding, mostly because he knows if he sees his foes he won't be able to hold back, and would likely charge recklessly into the lot of them

According to the map, there is only one person within whisper range of Croc

stack
2015-02-06, 12:23 PM
Hex looms over the leader of the bandits. "You do not understand. You are bandits, lawbreakers, brigands. By law we have the power of death over you. There will be no walking away. Drop your weapons now and cooperate to save your lives."

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 01:49 PM
Christerac sighs.
While I would not have put it so bluntly, but the large one has a point.

Desril
2015-02-06, 01:53 PM
Ealana

The lashunta does her best to appear disappointed as Happs suggest that their group leave, deciding to pretend to be a frail human like she had read about, "Such a shame, you know...I've been wandering through this forest for hours, I was hoping that I could enjoy the comforts of a soft bed...are you sure you and your men wouldn't like to stay? Surely your business arrangement can be discussed here...or do you have someone you have to go back to?"

I hope that statement of yours didn't break the Charm...

Cha check to get Happs to stay [roll0]

If needed, Bluff [roll1]