PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Seer Style Character Multiclass (Spiritualist/Heavens Oracle) Build Advice

JonathonWilder
2014-12-30, 10:49 AM
I am looking to play a supportive character, a seer, using the Investigator archetype Spiritualist and an Oracle of the Heavens Mystory.

A speaker of the stars and a dreamer who will offer more knowledge and guidance to the party and be a tool for the DM as much as she will be a character I will play. My DM is interested in my idea for this character, but not sure himself how to have it work so suggested I ask those here for advice. The other players wont be told that I and the DM will be working together during the campaign.

Honest Tiefling
2014-12-30, 11:39 PM
First off, I gotta ask, what sort of guidance are they offering the other characters?

JonathonWilder
2014-12-31, 12:03 AM
First off, I gotta ask, what sort of guidance are they offering the other characters?

Well... most everyone else wants to play fairly simple characters or archetypes. Mine it would seem will likely be the most complex, though the DM is willing to work with me a bit and even use my wish to be a seer to his advantage.

I am open to suggestions, the big thing I want is a seer who gains insight from the stars. hints and words involving the past and future, as well as allow one to consider the heart and intent of those she meets with a few dream visions thrown into the mix. Though it could be taken from communing spirits and she only thinks those speaking with her are the stars. Perhaps a Visionary archetyped Shaman would be switched out from the Oracle.

Honest Tiefling
2014-12-31, 04:01 AM
I am not trying to be difficult, but I imagine this character would play much like one with good knowledge skills and high sense motive. Perhaps prepare for that type at first?

JonathonWilder
2014-12-31, 08:58 AM
I am not trying to be difficult, but I imagine this character would play much like one with good knowledge skills and high sense motive. Perhaps prepare for that type at first?

Max perception as well would be required as well, though most of her 'sight' and knowledge would be by her connection with forces outside of her.