PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE] An Orcish Impostor

SamBurke
2014-12-30, 02:32 PM
This is the IC Thread for those involved in the Orcish Impostor one-off roleplay.

The sun rises high in the desert as the lone delegation checks their visors. The orcs of the dunes were an unknown quantity, to say the least. Murderous, unpredictable, without documented culture or any ability for the diplomats to get a head's up on how to act. It was pretty lucky they understood Common, to be honest.

Still, this was their duty, and they would do it.

"HAIL, Khaboss Ironarm, mighty amongst the mightiest of races. We come to represent Guilder, and speak of plans and battle." They bow, and await his response.

QuintonBeck
2014-12-30, 11:10 PM
This is the IC Thread for those involved in the Orcish Impostor one-off roleplay.

The sun rises high in the desert as the lone delegation checks their visors. The orcs of the dunes were an unknown quantity, to say the least. Murderous, unpredictable, without documented culture or any ability for the diplomats to get a head's up on how to act. It was pretty lucky they understood Common, to be honest.

Still, this was their duty, and they would do it.

"HAIL, Khaboss Ironarm, mighty amongst the mightiest of races. We come to represent Guilder, and speak of plans and battle." They bow, and await his response.

(OOC: Just fyi, these orcs are in Planinfrag which I don't believe is a dune style desert.)

The orc camp was nestled in a natural shelter formed by a small creek and the wall of a mountain protecting the orcs from a surprise attack. The Guilder diplomats arrived from the only direction they could and were met by orcs clad in magnetite forged plate armor bearing long curved swords at their hips that their hands rested on firmly. They had made much to growl and snarl at the diplomats but after a short time a Kha bearing the black tattoos around his left eye identifying his rank pushed through the gathered orcs and met the diplomats. He looked them over with a sharp and calculating eye and then gestured for them to follow him into the camp properly.

They were led to a great bonfire that burned in the center of the camp around which a variety of orcs sat or stood snarling and eating hunks of meat or fruit. The Kha led the diplomats to a small and crude throne seat made of savagely cut timber in which sat Khaboos Ironarm, identifiable most easily by his left arm which was missing from the elbow down and had been replaced with a heavy piece of cast iron that was clearly intended to serve as a club. The orc rose from his chair and made a polite inclination of his head after the Guilderenes bowed.

"Hail friends Guilder," the Khaboss' voice was thickly accented in a more harsh sounding version that records held of Grand Prince Montoyon Gebui's translator's speech. "It is good you have not left Khaboss Ironarm to fight the traitors and poisoners alone. What plans Guilder come with? Khaboss Ironarm to receive reinforcements from our allies Guilder and Mega Great Empire Dawn?"

SamBurke
2014-12-31, 10:47 AM
My mistake on the location.

"Hail Friend Khaboss Ironarm. We come bearing news and strength, as well as questions. Let us sit... For we have a few questions which you would be delighted to listen to, I'm certain."

They bow, show that they have no weapons, and enter his tent to sit down. "Now, let us speak. We wonder what would happen if the Megadeth Khaboss died? If he was *poisoned*, for example, and you were to try and seize the throne. With our power, I believe it to be fully possible that the current Megadeth dies. Could you become ruler of your people?" The man grins.

"Besides that, of course, we are here to gift you with a few more items that would be of particular interest to you. For example, a new metal arm, of even greater power!" They hand him the arm of a loader, metal-strapped and steam-powered, to fit on the stump that he possesses, and give him even greater power. "This is one of our designs, a special one just for you, Ironarm."

We're going to be giving Prosthetics Tech, and maybe some other stuff. He's asking about if Ironarm can take the title of Megadeth if the current one is assassinated.

QuintonBeck
2014-12-31, 12:52 PM
My mistake on the location.

"Hail Friend Khaboss Ironarm. We come bearing news and strength, as well as questions. Let us sit... For we have a few questions which you would be delighted to listen to, I'm certain."

They bow, show that they have no weapons, and enter his tent to sit down. "Now, let us speak. We wonder what would happen if the Megadeth Khaboss died? If he was *poisoned*, for example, and you were to try and seize the throne. With our power, I believe it to be fully possible that the current Megadeth dies. Could you become ruler of your people?" The man grins.

"Besides that, of course, we are here to gift you with a few more items that would be of particular interest to you. For example, a new metal arm, of even greater power!" They hand him the arm of a loader, metal-strapped and steam-powered, to fit on the stump that he possesses, and give him even greater power. "This is one of our designs, a special one just for you, Ironarm."

We're going to be giving Prosthetics Tech, and maybe some other stuff. He's asking about if Ironarm can take the title of Megadeth if the current one is assassinated.

"Poison no balsats way to kill. No balsats mean no title. Poison Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull only make angrier Megadeth hadnik. You fornik. Fornik not kill Megadeth Saroc less want bigger war. Guilder come give support to Ironarm. With holding here, Ironarm strike at Megadeth and kill with many balsats. Ironarm strong ally of Guilder then."

The Khaboss took the prosthetic arm and examined it nodding his approval.

"Good gift. Thanks give to Guilder."

Essentially, no. Assassination/poison is a disreputable way to kill and will disgrace the ones responsible and none who might benefit from it would be allowed to. Titles have to be taken by direct force between the taker and the holder.

SamBurke
2014-12-31, 03:45 PM
The men talk amongst themselves, then return to Ironarm. "If that is the case, then the actions of Stormskull make more sense to us. It is quite possible that he believes that our lord, Doge Vizini, had no honor. So, we propose a solution: Vizini defeats him in single-combat, thus earning back his honor. From there, he would delegate it to the next available member of the region, which would presumably be you."

One of the other diplomats shook his head. "That's too complicated. Ironarm's strong, we've made him stronger. Why doesn't he just fight Stormskull himself?" They turn towards the orc.

QuintonBeck
2014-12-31, 11:10 PM
The men talk amongst themselves, then return to Ironarm. "If that is the case, then the actions of Stormskull make more sense to us. It is quite possible that he believes that our lord, Doge Vizini, had no honor. So, we propose a solution: Vizini defeats him in single-combat, thus earning back his honor. From there, he would delegate it to the next available member of the region, which would presumably be you."

One of the other diplomats shook his head. "That's too complicated. Ironarm's strong, we've made him stronger. Why doesn't he just fight Stormskull himself?" They turn towards the orc.

Ironarm leaped to his feet and grabbed the lead diplomat by his collar, pulling him across the table.

"Ironarm is ally! Not pawn! he shouted into the Guilderene's face before releasing him roughly back into his seat and regaining his composure, "Only stupid Saroc accept single combat. Megadeth Stormskull not stupid. What count is support of hadnik. If Guilder true in words of friendship they send proof of being hadnik and fight here with Ironarm. Then once Guilder known to be true hadnik of Ironarm, Ironarm face Megadeth Stormskull with equal foots."

"Unless Guilder not true hadnik of Ironarm? Maybe Ironarm wrong and Megadeth Stormskull right about Guilder no balsats killers? Maybe Ironarm join Megadeth Khaboss and burn the clans of Guilder?"

SamBurke
2015-01-01, 08:24 PM
The now ashamed diplomat is pushed aside by the second one. "I am glad to hear it... some of my fellows believed that the Khabosses would be swayed by words of paltry "simple" solutions. It is time for war, I believe, and I am well pleased by the state of your army already, for I am Genevio, General and genuinely delighted to meet you." He sweeps back his torn cloak and extends a hand of peace.

The cowed diplomat behind him croaked out, "The other options were the most expedient..."

But Genevio ignored him. "It's time to talk tactics. I would like to bring 5,000 men of Guilder, armed with our many advancements, to assist you here. There's some very strong tactical placement of your troops in this valley, however, and I'm wondering if doubling the size of the force would be difficult... besides that, that means each man only has half as many enemies to defeat, and that saddens my heart." He grinned wide, and waved away the other diplomats. The debate over their course of action had taken place, and there was only one solution.

QuintonBeck
2015-01-02, 12:40 PM
The now ashamed diplomat is pushed aside by the second one. "I am glad to hear it... some of my fellows believed that the Khabosses would be swayed by words of paltry "simple" solutions. It is time for war, I believe, and I am well pleased by the state of your army already, for I am Genevio, General and genuinely delighted to meet you." He sweeps back his torn cloak and extends a hand of peace.

The cowed diplomat behind him croaked out, "The other options were the most expedient..."

But Genevio ignored him. "It's time to talk tactics. I would like to bring 5,000 men of Guilder, armed with our many advancements, to assist you here. There's some very strong tactical placement of your troops in this valley, however, and I'm wondering if doubling the size of the force would be difficult... besides that, that means each man only has half as many enemies to defeat, and that saddens my heart." He grinned wide, and waved away the other diplomats. The debate over their course of action had taken place, and there was only one solution.

Khaboss Ironarm extended his left hand and grasped the General's hand in a vice like grip before letting go and listening to the Genivanan commander.

"It is fool that wants his hadnik face more than they can kill. Luckily Saroc kill many of puny fornics.," he grinned a toothy and sharp smile, "Still, Guilder prove hadnik of Ironarm. Send troops. Ironarm command them. Ironarm know many more valleys thanks to Guilder maps. We crush filthy no balsats fornic poison lickers as allies."

SamBurke
2015-01-02, 03:36 PM
Khaboss Ironarm extended his left hand and grasped the General's hand in a vice like grip before letting go and listening to the Genivanan commander.

"It is fool that wants his hadnik face more than they can kill. Luckily Saroc kill many of puny fornics.," he grinned a toothy and sharp smile, "Still, Guilder prove hadnik of Ironarm. Send troops. Ironarm command them. Ironarm know many more valleys thanks to Guilder maps. We crush filthy no balsats fornic poison lickers as allies."

While Genivana does have some decent military might, I believe that they aren't in this theater. :smallwink:

Genevio returns the crushing grip and toothy grin, eyes flaring and blood clearly pumping at the thought. There were still a few adventurers left in the Guilderene stock.

"I would never want more enemies than my hadniks can kill, but I believe in the hadniks of Ironarm, and of Gilter. Between us, we shall conquer all before us. But, I must ask a question... What do you mean, "poison lickers?"

QuintonBeck
2015-01-02, 03:48 PM
While Genivana does have some decent military might, I believe that they aren't in this theater. :smallwink:

Genevio returns the crushing grip and toothy grin, eyes flaring and blood clearly pumping at the thought. There were still a few adventurers left in the Guilderene stock.

"I would never want more enemies than my hadniks can kill, but I believe in the hadniks of Ironarm, and of Gilter. Between us, we shall conquer all before us. But, I must ask a question... What do you mean, "poison lickers?"

Damn general Genevio!

Ironarm raised a thick eyebrow.

"Eat poison. Source of death believe Ironarm. Guilder not know?"

SamBurke
2015-01-02, 05:48 PM
Damn general Genevio!

Ironarm raised a thick eyebrow.

"Eat poison. Source of death believe Ironarm. Guilder not know?"

"All we knew was that we went to talk to Stormskull, gave him some of our greatest liquor, and he nearly dropped dead. Do you know what did happen?"

QuintonBeck
2015-01-02, 06:29 PM
"All we knew was that we went to talk to Stormskull, gave him some of our greatest liquor, and he nearly dropped dead. Do you know what did happen?"

"No wonder Guilder suggest single combat," Ironarm said with a superior tone, "Guilder come tell Saroc of bad men Zaltek and Glasvel. Guilder say no poison. Ironarm choose believe Guilder, with map of Stolok given by Guilder is stupid clear berryfields that Khaboss of Planin not eat for badness is cause."

Ironarm chucked the General on the head in what might have meant to be a playful gesture but was a lot harder than the knock of a normal human, "Guilder must be some stupid, huh? Is okay, hadnik need not think too hard. Just listen to Khaboss."

SamBurke
2015-01-02, 06:56 PM
"No wonder Guilder suggest single combat," Ironarm said with a superior tone, "Guilder come tell Saroc of bad men Zaltek and Glasvel. Guilder say no poison. Ironarm choose believe Guilder, with map of Stolok given by Guilder is stupid clear berryfields that Khaboss of Planin not eat for badness is cause."

Ironarm chucked the General on the head in what might have meant to be a playful gesture but was a lot harder than the knock of a normal human, "Guilder must be some stupid, huh? Is okay, hadnik need not think too hard. Just listen to Khaboss."
Genevio flinched, but inwardly. There was no sign of weakness here; the orcs were clearly superior of frame, and would think nothing of Guilder's technology.

"Planinfrag berries poisoned Stormskull? I knew that he was poisoned by Zaltec or Glasvel, but I didn't know where, nor had I proof. Do you think that you could prove it? It would be a great boon to convince the cowards who waver on the edge of honor!"

QuintonBeck
2015-01-02, 09:57 PM
Genevio flinched, but inwardly. There was no sign of weakness here; the orcs were clearly superior of frame, and would think nothing of Guilder's technology.

"Planinfrag berries poisoned Stormskull? I knew that he was poisoned by Zaltec or Glasvel, but I didn't know where, nor had I proof. Do you think that you could prove it? It would be a great boon to convince the cowards who waver on the edge of honor!"

"Proof?" Ironarm laughed heartily, "If Stormskull win he right and Guilder poison. If Ironarm win, Ironarm right about Guilder and Zaltek and Glasvel the poisoners. Battle and loyalty of hadnik will determine."

SamBurke
2015-01-03, 06:52 AM
"Proof?" Ironarm laughed heartily, "If Stormskull win he right and Guilder poison. If Ironarm win, Ironarm right about Guilder and Zaltek and Glasvel the poisoners. Battle and loyalty of hadnik will determine."

"I suppose that's the best it gets, then. History is in our hands! Glad it's ours, however."

One of the men steps up timidly. "We still do have some questions about history and geography." For example, will the mysterious figure of Monto Gebui be a problem?

QuintonBeck
2015-01-03, 10:39 AM
"I suppose that's the best it gets, then. History is in our hands! Glad it's ours, however."

One of the men steps up timidly. "We still do have some questions about history and geography." For example, will the mysterious figure of Monto Gebui be a problem?

"Gebui?" Ironarm asked, his brow furrowing in suspicious anger, "Why Guilder know of Gebui? Gebui no problem. Gebui dead. No Gebui left no more. Megadeth kill Gebui and eat soul. Gebui very dead, very gone. No more speak of Gebui."

SamBurke
2015-01-03, 02:17 PM
"Gebui?" Ironarm asked, his brow furrowing in suspicious anger, "Why Guilder know of Gebui? Gebui no problem. Gebui dead. No Gebui left no more. Megadeth kill Gebui and eat soul. Gebui very dead, very gone. No more speak of Gebui."

Genevio shrugs. "They wanted to know. I told them it was pointless but th stiffs insisted."

The 'stiffs' backed away again, and Genevio brought the matter back to the battle. "There are some maneuvering issues, however. We have word now that Glazfell is trying to prevent our troops from meeting up with yours. What plans do we have should there be an army between us?"

Apparently there's LTE at ports, so there'll be some involvement. Yay.

QuintonBeck
2015-01-03, 04:43 PM
Genevio shrugs. "They wanted to know. I told them it was pointless but th stiffs insisted."

The 'stiffs' backed away again, and Genevio brought the matter back to the battle. "There are some maneuvering issues, however. We have word now that Glazfell is trying to prevent our troops from meeting up with yours. What plans do we have should there be an army between us?"

Apparently there's LTE at ports, so there'll be some involvement. Yay.

"Then kill enemy army and come through anyway. If Guilder fail, hadnik unproven and Stormskull right." Ironarm shrugged.

SamBurke
2015-01-12, 09:44 AM
After the battle, Genevio surveys the damage. The field is littered with bodies, dead and dying. Beside him stands his own aide, Major Estoban del Dioro, arm replaced with a mechanical extension, bearing a sword at the end.

"We did not fare as well as we liked, Estoban. But still, the battle is nearly even. The orcs, sadly, did not fare as well as we had hoped... Guilder is ready, though. Our troops survived the onslaught, faring far better than those of Sympol, or even Serendel. So we shall continue, and press our advantage."

"But sir..." Estoban began.

Genvio interrupted him. "Did you notice what happened to their blackpowder? It didn't fire in the battle. In fact, it was very, very, shodily made... their weapons aren't even tipped in adamithril, Estoban. With our troops so fresh, with the power of Guilderene technology, we will not only win, we shall clear the field of our enemy. Planinfrag shall fall. The Concordat shall be pushed back to its rightful bounds, and... I shall make my family's name good, or I am not born of Tumberink."

They enter Ironarm's tent. "We fought well and hard, my friend!" He grabbed the Khaboss' arm and slammed him on the back heartily. "Our balsats are large, and we slayed many of the foes."

QuintonBeck
2015-01-16, 12:36 PM
They enter Ironarm's tent. "We fought well and hard, my friend!" He grabbed the Khaboss' arm and slammed him on the back heartily. "Our balsats are large, and we slayed many of the foes."

Ironarm was glowering over a report written in a text unfamiliar to the Guilderenes as they entered his tent. As the General slapped his back he turned angrily to face the Guilderene.

"Your hadnik was not enough Guilder General! We not gain one inch for proof of balsats and many Saroc die on field or disappear! Look!" he shoved the unreadable piece of parchment into Genevio's face, "Megadeth Khaboss not lose his fight, his hadnik prove better than hadnik of Ironarm and Guilder together! Ironarm no more pursue hadnik with Guilder! Take Guilder hadnik and leave now Genie Vyo!"

SamBurke
2015-01-16, 02:57 PM
Ironarm was glowering over a report written in a text unfamiliar to the Guilderenes as they entered his tent. As the General slapped his back he turned angrily to face the Guilderene.

"Your hadnik was not enough Guilder General! We not gain one inch for proof of balsats and many Saroc die on field or disappear! Look!" he shoved the unreadable piece of parchment into Genevio's face, "Megadeth Khaboss not lose his fight, his hadnik prove better than hadnik of Ironarm and Guilder together! Ironarm no more pursue hadnik with Guilder! Take Guilder hadnik and leave now Genie Vyo!"

Genevio's face is dark. "MY HADNIK NOT ENOUGH? HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF YOUR MEN DIED? HOW MANY? And how many of mine fled the field like cowards? Compare those numbers, Ironarm, and you will find bravery." He shook his head.

"You have suffered one defeat. Precisely. ONE. And now you turn around to the south to run back to your master?! Bah!" Genevio shakes his head, and draws his sword.

"Let me show you how the battle went for Guilder. We took each flank, guarding your men, and we charged straight to the battle." He drew two lines in the loose dirt, from either side, pointing towards the balsatless saroc. "We threw ourselves into the hordes of enemies, trampling upon the rat-men, pushing back the Glazfell, and plummeting deep into the ranks of the berry-folk. And then we turned, waiting for your orcs to finalize the charge! To use your strategy! You were supposed to take the valleys and charge straight through their center!

"But no." He drew an X between the two bold arrows. "You fought, yes. You moved towards them, yes. But you abandoned your best ground, and some of your best men deserted. Like COWARDS." He stabs the sword into the dirt, and draws a long, thin, line away from the battle. "Not one of my men fled, Ironarm. Not a single, solitary, Guilderene left that battle heading rearwards unless he was MISSING AN ARM!"

Another scoff, and Genevio is practically ready to spit.

"But you know what? I understand! There are cowards! There are the fearful, gutless wretches everywhere. I did not judge your men before, but merely came to you to fight again.

"But that was when I found, to my great shame, that the greatest coward in the whole of the six armies...? Was you. Where are your balsats? Where is your honor! You would go fleeing back to Stormskull, so you can become his favorite pet? You would leave this battle, which you have pledged, because you lost soldiers?

"News flash, Ironarm. You're gonna lose men. I did. I know the names of 83 of the 800 soldiers confirmed dead, and do you know where I am? Here. Do you know where I'm not? RUNNING AWAY."

He sighed, putting away his sword. He was done.

"Go, if you must. Leave your weapons, however. And armor. You shall receive not an ounce more of our aid, for you seem to have given us none."

Genevio waved his hand to the orc. "And before you go, I want you to know: I will not die, I will not give up, until I, personally, have killed Stormskull. If he wants to know what I said, just give him this message."

See you in Hell, at my place, in my bed. Because you're my wench now.

QuintonBeck
2015-01-16, 10:19 PM
At first it sounded like a growl then it grew into something more, a guttural grunting and heaving of breath, and then it exploded into a sickening laughter that boomed in the small tent. Then, as in the instant it burst forth it was quiet. Ironarm leaned in close, laying his twisted prosthetic upon the table between them as his face came within inches of Genevio's own.

"If the Megadeth listen to Ironarm, Guilder burns not for failure of hadnik but now for that Genevio may have his proud hadnik ripped apart in front of face and souls eaten by the Megadeth hisself. Genie Vyo comes last and Megadeth consume his soul like that of Gebui. Now Genie Vyo, leave and prepare for Lanteroc will come, prepare for soul death."