PDA

View Full Version : With Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti... [PrC]

Maerok
2007-03-30, 07:40 PM
Stalwart Consumer

http://library.thinkquest.org/27661/pic/eater.jpg

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Any nongood.
Feats: Iron Fortitude, Skill Focus ( Profession[Cook or Competitive Eater])
Saves: Fortitude +5
Special: Must have consumed an entire 12-course meal or at least 50 pounds of food in one sitting.
Special: Must have a discernible anatomy and be capable of consuming food for nutrients.

HD: d8
Skills: Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Profession (Cook or Competitive Eater), and Survival.
Skill Points: 2 + Int

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1
|
+2
|
+0
|
+0
|Iron Gut; Not Picky; Efficient Digestion

2nd|
+2
|
+3
|
+0
|
+0
|Just Desserts; Maw of Hunger

3rd|
+3
|
+3
|
+1
|
+1
|The Discerning Palate; Doresain's Favor[/table]

Class Features:
Iron Gut (1): A Stalwart Consumer gains a bonus to all saving throws against ingested poisons, intoxication, nausea, becoming sickened, potions, and other ingestion-based effects equal to twice his class level.

Not Picky (1): A Stalwart Consumer can consume one-fourth of its body-weight in organic matter instead of eating normal food. He never becomes 'full'.

Efficient Digestion (1): The amount of days it takes for a Stalwart Consumer to begin thirsting or starving is increased by his class level. He also gains the Endurance feat.

Just Desserts (2): By devouring a creature of equal or greater HD than his own, the Stalwart Consumer regains 2 hitpoints per HD of the creature consumed. Upon passing up the opportunity, the Stalwart Consumer must succeed on a DC 18 Will save or fall victim to temptation and devour it. The DC is increased by one for every successful save that week, this value being reset after a failed save. This cannot be used on nonliving creatures and requires 5 minutes, provoking attacks of opportunity.

Maw of Hunger (2): At level 2, the Stalwart Consumer gains a bite attack that deals damage as if he were one size category larger. He may add it to a full-attack action with a -5 penalty to attack, or employ it once each round while grappling in addition to any attack actions. For every successful attack that deals damage, the Stalwart Consumer regains 1 hitpoint. If he already has a bite attack, use the one with the higher size category (applying the additional benefits of this ability).

The Discerning Palate (3): By using his heightened taste and smell, a Stalwart Consumer gains the Track feat and a +4 bonus to Sense Motive checks through subtle changes in sweat. By studying someone's scent for a minute, he gains a +4 bonus to checks to uncover someone's disguise. He also gains a +4 bonus to checks related to cooking, including Craft, Profession, Perform, and Knowledge, in specific cases.

Doresain's Favor (3): Having honored the god of ghouls, the Stalwart Consumer chooses one of the following benefits:
-Gains the Hunger domain (any caster).
-Double the benefits of Endurance.
-Gain a Ghoul, Ghast, or Lacedon cohort whose CR is 2 less than your HD. This cohort advances by class levels.

Zeta Kai
2007-03-30, 07:48 PM
Wow. That's crazy. Nice job. I'm not sure what kind of campaign you're running, but I'm sure that it's... interesting.

Annarrkkii
2007-03-30, 07:52 PM
It actually seems reasonably balanced, though I'd be cautious around the regenerative bite attack. I like the Hannibal shout-out, too.

Eating a whole, multi-HD body seems a tenuous idea, as the previous ability limited the consumption to 1/4 body weight. You might want to specify that class HD do not count in this hp-regen determination, as I think you're going more for size/substance than class level HD.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-03-30, 07:56 PM
What you really need is a way to gain the abilities of whatever you eat.

Demented
2007-03-30, 08:09 PM
Efficient Digestion: What if he already has the Endurance feat?

Just Desserts: What's the will save against temptation for?

Maw of Hunger: What if he already has a bite attack, or an anatomy with no, err, teeth? The healing is... Well, he's better off biting live enemies than eating their corpses.

Skills: Why concentration? O.o

Maerok
2007-03-30, 09:24 PM
I'm going to amend this to my Advanced Necromancy thread as a PrC. I'm surprised BoVD never had a cannibalism/devourer class.

Efficient Digestion: What if he already has the Endurance feat?

Just Desserts: What's the will save against temptation for?

Maw of Hunger: What if he already has a bite attack, or an anatomy with no, err, teeth? The healing is... Well, he's better off biting live enemies than eating their corpses.

Skills: Why concentration? O.o

Then he doesn't get a second Endurance feat.

To avoid the 'meal'.

He uses the better one, as I've noted. Perhaps just 1 hitpoint per attack?

Concentration just seemed to fit well with those sort of Constitution-checks for some reason. Such as not letting anything distract you.

Baron Corm
2007-03-31, 12:23 AM
i'd switch the levels at which you gain discerning palate and maw of hunger. i'd also have maw of hunger deal 1-2 constitution damage. awesome class.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-03-31, 12:27 AM
Oh, Haha- this is neat. I wish I'd seen this before I went and wrote up my Homebrew Monster earlier today. :P Might have helped point me in the right direction. (Even if I'm not a fan of 3-level PRCs)

*Thumbs Up*

Drider
2007-03-31, 09:01 AM
this is the best villain class...EVER

UglyPanda
2007-03-31, 09:14 AM
Fairly balanced. Somewhat disturbing. Also, if just deserts requires a save in the middle of battle, that class feature could be suicidal.