PDA

View Full Version : Frezia

j_spencer93
2014-12-31, 01:23 AM
Just curious if there is any way to build a character who's race would resemble him. Like tail and everything?

atemu1234
2014-12-31, 01:49 AM
I'm fairly certain someone somewhere has statted him. But probably homebrew.

j_spencer93
2014-12-31, 01:58 AM
that might be useful, i was talking about recreating his race but thanks lol any clue where?

atemu1234
2014-12-31, 02:01 AM
I found this (http://i.imgur.com/2WfGX.jpg) for pathfinder.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-31, 02:13 AM

Wow that is ridiculously over cr'd at 23.

j_spencer93
2014-12-31, 02:18 AM
Not to bad, might work on something myself. Anyways, so no race suggestions at all?

Seerow
2014-12-31, 02:27 AM
Wow that is ridiculously over cr'd at 23.

No kidding. And who picked the ki costs for those abilities? Freiza's got 27 ki points, but has abilities that cost 15 to use by themselves? And all of that for what is basically a double strength half radius fireball? And am I reading correctly that Freiza has to spend a ki point to take advantage of his unarmed strike in addition to his natural weapons? Isn't that something anyone can do or did pathfinder nerf that?

and lol at the transformations. Freiza has like 300 hit points. At CR23. And has to take damage for 3 rounds consecutively to transform. With his only defense against hit point damage being DR10/adamantine, and still being vulnerable to most save or dies. That is literally a half a page of text dedicated to an ability that will not ever trigger in a game.

Just awful.

Edit: Just occurred to me that if his opponent was a 20th level monk, it might be a fair fight.

Also having read through the rest of the transformation text, those transformations actually are pretty nice. If the restriction was laxed to "can't transform until losing at least 25% of hp", got some more impressive form of damage resistance, and immunity to most of the other more debilitating status effects in the game, he could almost be worth his CR. Especially with some tweaking of ability costs (and/or having ki refresh with transformation)

j_spencer93
2014-12-31, 02:54 AM
ya that build seems to not understand how battles are handled at that high of levels. This thing is horrible, but might be a good boss for 15-18 characters...prob not even that though.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-31, 02:57 AM
Edit: Just occurred to me that if his opponent was a 20th level monk, it might be a fair fight.

Also having read through the rest of the transformation text, those transformations actually are pretty nice. If the restriction was laxed to "can't transform until losing at least 25% of hp", got some more impressive form of damage resistance, and immunity to most of the other more debilitating status effects in the game, he could almost be worth his CR. Especially with some tweaking of ability costs (and/or having ki refresh with transformation)

Yeah his power might be equal to a single opponent 3 levels below his cr who's levels consist entirely of the worst class in the game.

EDIT: beware his 100ft climb speed!

EDIT 2: man that picture that's with the build really made it clear in my mind how much frezia looks like a bipedal sperm.

RoboEmperor
2014-12-31, 03:07 AM
Hey! It doesn't matter if high level characters can pwn his butt. It's a DBZ character so should be fluffed to match that, not high level gameplay.

That aside, the guy's stats is pathetic. Wtf? 31STR? It's supposed to be 99999str minimum. And 99999dex minimum. The guy can move faster than the speed of light, annihilate entire planets, and that's only 1% of his power.

p.s. OP didn't spell his name right.

For his race it's outsider obviously. He's an alien. Humanoid alien at that too.

He's a monk sorcerer gestalt class whose spells are all force blast spells. He has epic spell too, one that annihilates a planet in 5minutes. I would've said warlock if warlock could qualify for epic spells, and has a overland flight spell.

If you're not talking about class levels and he's his own monster, then things are easier. 1 punch at the speed of light, so he has 3 x 10^8 attacks per round, 99999 dodge ac.

If you want any other DBZ character, do the above except weaken/strengthen it. For example, Buu would have epic spells that is save-or-be-turned-to-chocalate, and just multiply frieza's stats by a billion.

You can have a DBZ class, where each level grants you a stronger at-will force attack at various AoEs and power, and multiplies your base stats like a god on crack. Oh and there's a bluff requirement too for each level up, since 90% of the show is about muscular guys grinning with angry faces and just talking to each other about how so strong they are compared to others.

But to be fair, they're like level 1,000,000 right? At least that's what the scouter said. I don't remember the exact number.

KillianHawkeye
2014-12-31, 02:01 PM
But to be fair, they're like level 1,000,000 right? At least that's what the scouter said. I don't remember the exact number.

I'm don't think DBZ power levels should really translate directly into D&D character levels.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was Freeza's second form that he said had a PL of a million.

atemu1234
2014-12-31, 02:05 PM
I'm don't think DBZ power levels should really translate directly into D&D character levels.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was Freeza's second form that he said had a PL of a million.

That would be horrifying to write.

ComaVision
2014-12-31, 02:14 PM
If we want to do some really bad math, I believe a farmer in an early Dragonball Z episode had a power level of 5.

If we say a PL of 5 = Commoner 1, then 1,000,000 PL = 200,000 class levels.

Also, I think anime is (generally) corny.

Seerow
2014-12-31, 02:16 PM
If we want to do some really bad math, I believe a farmer in an early Dragonball Z episode had a power level of 5.

So you think Commoner 20 == Wizard 20?

I'd divide that by at least 1000.

Honest Tiefling
2014-12-31, 02:18 PM
For his race it's outsider obviously. He's an alien. Humanoid alien at that too.

What? Outsiders are from different planes of existence, not different planets. He'd be a Humanoid (Whatever he is), not an outsider.

ComaVision
2014-12-31, 02:20 PM
So you think Commoner 20 == Wizard 20?

I'd divide that by at least 1000.

I'm pretty sure WotC have said that classes are balanced up to level 20.

I do think there's some text talking about the strength of NPC classes compared to PC classes but I've lent out my PHB.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-31, 02:43 PM
Isn't power level just a measure of how good someone's, like, karate is? So like a sorcerer might have really low PL because he doesn't know crane style or whatever but he's still super dangerous.

Forrestfire
2014-12-31, 03:30 PM
Power level is a measurement of several types of power. Someone highly skilled at magic likely would end up getting pinged highly on a scouter, or sensed as someone incredibly strong. The wizard Babidi is estimated to be ~1 million (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Babidi#Power) based on stuff said by the characters, and he is neither a martial artist nor someone who has trained his body an exceptional amount (although I have no doubt he could easily curbstomp most people on Earth through physical power alone).

In any case, power levels don't translate to a specific level of D&D or PF, and I'd say that to stat Frieza, I'd likely create a homebrewed monster with absurd stats. Alternatively, just use a level 20 sorcerer or psion with some high-op tricks and refluff the spells into his abilities. You can emulate all the stuff done in Dragonball Z if you throw enough cheese at it, although the game just kinda breaks shortly into the thought exercise.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-12-31, 04:05 PM

Something multiplicative would probably be better than additive. The CR system puts a matched pair at +2 CR, so +2 cr for every doubling would be a better place to start.

This puts the low thousands putting Vegeta, the first Planet destroyer, in low epic. Level 13 Piccolo destroying the moon is potentially problematic, but since this didn't cause catastrophic destruction on the planet it's easiest to assume that their moon doesn't even vaguely resemble Earth's.

Not saying this is perfect, but it's a lot closer than a 5 to 1 ratio.

Seerow
2014-12-31, 04:21 PM
Something multiplicative would probably be better than additive. The CR system puts a matched pair at +2 CR, so +2 cr for every doubling would be a better place to start.

This puts the low thousands putting Vegeta, the first Planet destroyer, in low epic. Level 13 Piccolo destroying the moon is potentially problematic, but since this didn't cause catastrophic destruction on the planet it's easiest to assume that their moon doesn't even vaguely resemble Earth's.

Well remember an NPC class is worth half a PC class, and Commoner is worth even less than the other npc classes (I'd call it half).

So if you say commoner 1 = 5 then...
Warrior 1- 10
Fighter 1- 20
Fighter 2- 30
Fighter 3- 40
Fighter 4- 60
Fighter 5- 80
Fighter 6- 120
Fighter 7- 160
Fighter 8- 240
Fighter 9- 320
Fighter 10- 480
Fighter 11- 640
Fighter 12- 960
Fighter 13- 1280
Fighter 14- 1920
Fighter 15- 2560
Fighter 16- 3840
Fighter 17- 5120
Fighter 18- 7680
Fighter 19- 10,240
Fighter 20- 15,360

Which puts Raditz around level 13, Vegeta right around 20-21, Nappa at level 18, and most of the Z fighters between 12 and 16. With Goku famously being right at level 18-19. (Thank you Google!) To get to the 1 million mark for Freiza you are looking at level 32-33, and going up to 35 with his final form's 2.5million power level.

I'm not even going to look at what level you have to be for the billions measured in the buu series. Probably another 20 levels tacked on easily.

ComaVision
2014-12-31, 04:32 PM
Excellent, now I know when my next character's PL will be >9000.

Zanos
2014-12-31, 05:06 PM

Keep in mind that Master Roshi destroyed the moon during the 21st world tournmanet in Dragon Ball. His PL is listed as 180.

j_spencer93
2014-12-31, 05:28 PM
well uh....interesting replies. most gave me a good laugh. >9000 was an error btw, the voice actor thought 8000 sounded lame so he changed it. but god did that get famous

Akisa
2014-12-31, 06:08 PM

But wait Freeza was beaten by Kakarotto because he got tired, which resulted in Kakarotto in getting bored with the fighting and wishing to end it by withdrawing. Only for Freeza to reengage in anger which resulted in him getting cut in half...

Kazyan
2014-12-31, 06:55 PM
With DBZ's astronomical power levels and the variety of Ki power blasts, I think you can actually model the earlier DBZ stories with Immortals Handbook content--particularly the divine blasting abilities that come in various forms and shapes.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-12-31, 08:24 PM
@ Seerow

I like that scale. I believe there's an actual rule that NPC classes an CR n-2, which is identical to halving power level at level 1-3. It's even possible that the gun boosted his power level, I don't think it's ever made clear wether devices are included in scouter's assesments. I'm not sure if we're setting the power level for level 1 PC class too high with Puar and Oolong listed at 10 and Bulma at 12.

@Zanos

Yeah, I always forget about that. Just further evidence that their moon =/= our moon. I assume that DragonBall moons are relatively small and close to planets and are made of a material that gives off a unique radiation. This is why Saiyans were able to create artifial moons to trigger their transformations. In the scene were Piccolo destroys the moon it looks very close. I'd guess they for from a coalesing of spacedust caught in a planet's gravity; more like real world rings then moons. This also makes the moon's return more sensible.

Build-wise I'd favor something along the lines of a Monk//Warlock for most combatants and The-Mage-King's One Winged Angel Class for Frieza. It's very well designed and this is coming from someone who is usually very ati-homebrew. The one problem I see with it is that he didn't create a way for the final form to be smaller than the transitional forms while being more powerful in keeping with the findings of leading powermorphologists.

Tohsaka Rin
2014-12-31, 09:03 PM
Look, if you're worried about the actual numbers side of power levels, just use this simple formula:

Character level (Or CR) X Experience total.

Nice, big, silly, over-inflated numbers that KIND OF reflect how strong something or someone is.

If that isn't big enough, multiply THAT total by their strength modifier.

Still not high enough? Multiply by strength STAT instead of modifier.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-12-31, 10:39 PM
Look, if you're worried about the actual numbers side of power levels, just use this simple formula:

Character level (Or CR) X Experience total.

>9000 at level 3? That's a bit silly. Are you familiar with the source material? The little fish kill huge and colossal monsters.

If that isn't big enough, multiply THAT total by their strength modifier.

Still not high enough? Multiply by strength STAT instead of modifier.

We're trying to relate this to relevent numbers. We're using Power Level to guesstimate character levels, not making up numbers for the sake of it.

Tohsaka Rin
2014-12-31, 11:01 PM
If you're taking DBZ power levels at face value, then you're out of luck.

Master Roshi blew up the moon in Dragon Ball.

Piccolo blew up the moon in DBZ.

Vegeta blew up a planet before even getting to Earth.

Freeza FAILED to blow up Namek (it took several minutes before it eventually went ker-plooie), something that vastly weaker characters have done in seconds.

I am quite familiar with Toriyama's works, and power levels never made a lick of sense beyond "This guy is more powerful, in some manner, because of all those numbers!"

Somehow, an old Namekian splits into two, one coughs up another one and dies, the little one fuses with another Namekian (who got pounded into the turf by form 1 Freeza) and that somehow makes him stronger than Vegeta (who them gets a hole put in his chest and becomes even stronger than Piccolo+Nail) and THEN fuses with Kami, and becomes even stronger than BOTH full-blooded Saiyans.

Think about that for a moment.

Power levels were something eventually basically dropped from the series, because they didn't do much for the story beyond 'that guy has more numbers than us, uh-oh'.

If you're trying to match power levels to DnD levels... Well, then Dragon Ball Master Roshi is already epic-level.

Pre-Earth Vegeta is easily a hundred times more powerful than Roshi was.

Good luck with that.

atemu1234
2014-12-31, 11:42 PM
If you're taking DBZ power levels at face value, then you're out of luck.

Master Roshi blew up the moon in Dragon Ball.

Piccolo blew up the moon in DBZ.

Vegeta blew up a planet before even getting to Earth.

Freeza FAILED to blow up Namek (it took several minutes before it eventually went ker-plooie), something that vastly weaker characters have done in seconds.

I am quite familiar with Toriyama's works, and power levels never made a lick of sense beyond "This guy is more powerful, in some manner, because of all those numbers!"

Somehow, an old Namekian splits into two, one coughs up another one and dies, the little one fuses with another Namekian (who got pounded into the turf by form 1 Freeza) and that somehow makes him stronger than Vegeta (who them gets a hole put in his chest and becomes even stronger than Piccolo+Nail) and THEN fuses with Kami, and becomes even stronger than BOTH full-blooded Saiyans.

Think about that for a moment.

Power levels were something eventually basically dropped from the series, because they didn't do much for the story beyond 'that guy has more numbers than us, uh-oh'.

If you're trying to match power levels to DnD levels... Well, then Dragon Ball Master Roshi is already epic-level.

Pre-Earth Vegeta is easily a hundred times more powerful than Roshi was.

Good luck with that.

To quote the abridged series, power levels are bull****!

Solaris
2015-01-01, 12:12 AM
Just curious if there is any way to build a character who's race would resemble him. Like tail and everything?

I think a lizardman monk 2/psychic warrior 16 with Tashalatora might do the trick. Use Expanded Psionic Knowledge to get him some blasting powers.

j_spencer93
2015-01-01, 12:30 AM
lol wow that long to get an actual response lol and ok thanks