PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been gaming?

KoDT69
2007-03-30, 10:56 PM
I was just wondering a few things about all of the posters here...
1. How long have you been gaming?
2. What is your preferred game setting?
3. How old are you? (optional)
4. Male or female? (optional)

I've been gaming 13 years. I prefer the standard D&D game with a homebrew Dragonlance style setting. I'm 27 and male. I started in 2nd edition AD&D. I used to be a very good rules lawyer and found many many loopholes capable of breaking any campaign. When 3rd edition was released I simply lost interest in the new materials and stopped playing for 2 years. After that I had to get back to my group's game table. Funny how it works, they all wanted me to come back to game being the experienced one the table would be turned on our previous campaign together... Haha wrong! Even though I may not be up to date on 3.5 as I was in AD&D due to financial and time restictions, I still today am correcting their interpretations of the RAW and introducing more and more combos, strategies, and unique encounters that they never saw coming. So I'm happy to again be the guru of my group. My collection has been building up as I have gotten a much better job with my college degree so more time and money to invest into gaming! :smallbiggrin: I'm catching up quickly on the 3.5 RAW stuff, mostly thanks to this forum! :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2007-03-30, 10:58 PM
1.) Since first ed.
2.) Home Brew Fantasy or Semi-Sci-Fi(like mordern in 30 years) or Ninja Burger
3.) Old enough to make playing games creepy for the younger crowds
4.) Male

Kosmopolite
2007-03-30, 11:17 PM
A few months now (fortnightly sessions).

Well, I've only ever played DnD, but being a vampire nut, I'm looking forward to WoD. As it is, I can just say that I'm really enjoying DnD.

20 (or 21, depending on whether you're reading this after the 10th of April).

Male.

:smallcool:

brian c
2007-03-30, 11:23 PM
1) almost 4 years
2) i've played mostly in FR or homebrews with roughly similar attributes (ie high magic) but im in a more RP-heavy campaign right now and liking it
3) just turned 19
4) male

Sardia
2007-03-30, 11:26 PM
Oh, crud, 17 years. Time flies.

Any setting, really, as long as it's enjoyable.

31. Male.

1337_master
2007-03-30, 11:34 PM
1.'bout five years
2.As long as the plot or story lines good, hell. I don't care
4.Male

dungeon_munky
2007-03-30, 11:46 PM
1) On and off for....wow 6 years
2) D&D 3.5, though I've also been known to play Cthulhu Dark Ages and Star Wars
3) 17
4) Male

Galathir
2007-03-31, 01:18 AM
1. Pretty solid for about two years
2. D&D 3.5, homebrewed settings exclusively.
3. 21
4. Male

PnP Fan
2007-03-31, 01:21 AM
hmm. . . 7th grade was 21 years ago, roughly, so yeah, 21 years, with a few breaks in there due to moving from place to place and not having gaming opportunities (military time). Jeez, I've been gaming longer than some folks have been alive. . . man I just keep feeling older every day. I started playing in the old boxed sets (red, blue, green, black and gold), moved on to 1st ed, 2nd ed, GURPs, Cyberpunk, various generations of Champions, Vampire/WoD the list goes on, but I am quite happy with my 3.5 D&D now. I was becoming known as the rules lawyer in our group (since I would screw us as often as I screwed the DM, this was more of an honor than a curse) but then I decided to stop and just encourage story stuff. The only time I step in now is if something really messed up is about to happen.

Not too concerned about setting, though I preferr Eberron above all others, with FR a close second.

34 *sigh* ;-)

Male

AngelSword
2007-03-31, 01:31 AM
1) I started in winter of '02, so about 4.5 years. When the military pitched, "See the World," they apparently meant my friend's homebrew campaign world.

2) I run my own campaign world, since I don't have to worry about keeping with canon. When I play, I don't care, so long as there aren't huge house rules or setting specific drawbacks to overcome.

3) 22

4) Male

Zincorium
2007-03-31, 01:35 AM
1. 10 years.

2. Published? Eberron.

3. 20 like it says in my profile

4. Male, like it says in the sidebar.

Oddly, unlike PnP Fan above, my current military time isn't really curbing my ability to play. Maybe it's the branch, I dunno.

factotum
2007-03-31, 01:40 AM
It was around 25 years ago that I started gaming (if you're talking specifically about pen and paper RPGs), but about 10 years later I ended up in a situation where there weren't any RPG groups nearby (and my friends have never been especially interested in it), so I kind of fell out of it. Apart from computer RPGs and the occasional Magic: The Gathering duel, haven't done anything in the last 15 years.

Don't really have a favourite setting--we tended to go mostly with homebrew locations in our adventuring. As for the rest, I'm a 36-year-old male.

Fhaolan
2007-03-31, 01:48 AM
1) Since 1977, so 30 years. Started with the blue-box edition of D&D, which was a gift from my Uncle. He was vaguely familiar with D&D via a gaming group in the college he was teaching at. They were playing the old white-cover version and let him know about the 'new' blue boxed set. He bought two copies, one for me and one for himself. I played a few times, and a year later I was DMing a group of friends by myself. I've played fairly constantly since then.

2) Homebrew. I've been DMing for so long, I seriously modify any campaign setting automatically without even thinking about it.

3) I'm 38. Yep, I started DMing when I was 9. Dear lord I sucked. :smallsmile:

4) Male.

Swordguy
2007-03-31, 04:43 AM
Since 1984. DMing since 1987.

Low-magic Tolkeinesque homebrew (if we're talking about D&D). I despise the idea of high-magic, "every PC has magic"-type settings. If other games are in; Classic Battletech. It's my absolute favorite.

Male

Jannex
2007-03-31, 05:07 AM
1.) It's been... eight years now? Sounds about right; I got into tabletop during my sophomore or junior year of high school.

2.) World of Darkness (classic) all the way. Cyberpunk 2020 also has its charm, but I don't get to play it much; certainly not lately.

3.) I'm 23.

4.) Female, and staggeringly outnumbered in this thread so far. :smalleek:

marjan
2007-03-31, 05:15 AM
1) For about 3 years.
2) Right now I'm an Eberron fan.
3) 23
4)
Female, and staggeringly outnumbered in this thread so far. Even more now. :smallsmile:

Shotaro
2007-03-31, 05:56 AM
1) About a year and a half
2) DnD (though admittedly the other 2 ive tried B5 and SWd20 i disliked because of railroaded plots)
3) 21
4) Male

Kiero
2007-03-31, 06:24 AM
1. How long have you been gaming? Since 1991. Started with Red Box OD&D, moving swiftly on to AD&D2e. Haven't had any regular tabletop gaming since 1998 when I left school. Full-on hiatus from '98 to '01 (didn't play at uni), occasional pickup games since then. A lot of online play (play by post) since around '04.

2. What is your preferred game setting? Don't have one, though I tend towards the pulpish (Larger Than Life Heroes). I do have a preferred system, though. Generally play only Wushu nowadays.

3. How old are you? (optional) 27.

4. Male or female? (optional) Male.

Talya
2007-03-31, 06:28 AM
1. How long have you been gaming? ~ 21 years, since the "Robotech" RPG was published by Palladium in 1986.

2. What is your preferred game setting? ~ Forgotten Realms. I like the world of Faerun.

3. How old are you? (optional) ~ 33.

4. Male or female? (optional) ~ Female.

Dhavaer
2007-03-31, 07:01 AM
3 years.
My homebrew Modern setting, New Greyhawk.
20 (birthday today).
Male.

Jannex
2007-03-31, 07:06 AM
3 years.
20 (birthday today).
Male.

Happy birthday! :smallsmile:

Tengu
2007-03-31, 07:28 AM
1. 8,5 years, but with around one-year break somewhere in the middle.
2. From released games, Earthdawn, though there are many I'd like to give a try, like Fading Suns or Exalted. My personal favorite is my homebrew Final Fantasy game though.
3. 20, 21 soon - I'm two days older than Vampire_Hermes.
4. As most gamers, male.

Dragor
2007-03-31, 07:32 AM
1) 2 years, I think.

2.) Never been out of Dnd- Forgotten Realms setting.

3.) 14- go young gamers! We have the power!

4.) Male. Don't get this the wrong way, but I want to start gaming with girls, it gets a bit boring just having guys role playing girls- its never realistic.

TRM
2007-03-31, 08:38 AM
5 years
Dungeons and Dragons.
Inside of that I frequent a homebrew setting and Eberron equally
3. How old are you?
Within 157 years of 22.
4. Male or Female?
Male

5. What is your name?
Sir Lancelot of Camelot
5. What is your quest?
To seek the Holy Grail
6. What is your favorite color?
Blue.

Kultrum
2007-03-31, 08:46 AM
1. about a year and a half (and im better then most of my friends who have been playing for years)
2. a world of my own design (where gnomes rule the world and nothing is as it seems)
3. 18
4. Male

Stephen_E
2007-03-31, 09:04 AM
25 years

No particular preference. Campaigns: Mostly played DnD of various incarnations and settings but also C&S 1st ed, Homegown Superheroes, War Hammer FRP - both editions, Rolemaster both eds, Shadowrun, Vampire Gurps, Spacemaster, Bits - Space Opera, Cuthulu.

3. How old are you? (optional) 43, yes, I'm the old man so far.

4. Male or female? (optional) Male. Oddly enough the 1st group I played in had a female player, and 2 months ago a women joined one of my current groups, becoming the 2nd women I've RPGed with (met plenty of female players, just not played with them).

Stephen

Drider
2007-03-31, 09:18 AM
1. 2-3 years
2. eberron
4.male

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-03-31, 09:20 AM
1. Do you mean tabletop? About six years. If you mean any form, then I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. Seriously. I beat SMB as a toddler.

2. I prefer homebrewed settings the most, since they're all shiny and new. But amongst the pre-fabbed ones, I do so love Ebberon.

3. 20

4. Female.
...nah, just messing with you. Male.

Telok
2007-03-31, 09:45 AM
Twenty years, Cthulhu, Champions, Traveller, Spelljammer, Shadowrun, Warhammer, Vampire, Mage, Immortal, 7th Sea, D&D (blue box to 3.5 and everything in between), and dozens of bits to steal ideas from.

30 year male who had the amazing luck to be be in a couple of groups where the gals out numbered the guys. Once everyone went gender-bendy and the flirting RP took more time than the combat that it instigated.

Current group is most male and the only lady is CRPG originated, makes for more roll than role. I miss the sillyness.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-03-31, 09:51 AM
I haven't been gaming terribly long- two to three years at most, with most of that being occupied with very minor adventures and putzing around reading articles and homebrewing to myself.

I usually prefer entirely homebrewed settings. Published, I suppose I dig on Iron Kingdoms & Dark Sun, and can tolerate their strange child, Eberron; I've been deeply considering looking into Spelljammer a good deal more, though...
Since 'homebrew' doesn't really tell you anything, the one I've played in most extensively is a friend of mine's, based, I believe, on the "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" books by Tad Williams, followed closely by my own setting, bits of pieces of which keeping getting remade and destroyed and coming back, since I mostly use it to playtest races and classes and spells in one-offs.

I'm as old as my bones, and a little older than my teeth.

Hermaphrodite.
Well, okay. Male.
But my first answer would've been cooler.

brian c
2007-03-31, 10:58 AM

You played when you were 4 and DMed when you were 7? That might be a record. I can't even imagine a 4 year old sitting still long enough to play D&D

3 years.
20 (birthday today).
Male.

Happy Birthday! You're exactly 366 days older than me.

Twenty years, Cthulhu, Champions, Traveller, Spelljammer, Shadowrun, Warhammer, Vampire, Mage, Immortal, 7th Sea, D&D (blue box to 3.5 and everything in between), and dozens of bits to steal ideas from.

30 year male who had the amazing luck to be be in a couple of groups where the gals out numbered the guys. Once everyone went gender-bendy and the flirting RP took more time than the combat that it instigated.

Current group is most male and the only lady is CRPG originated, makes for more roll than role. I miss the sillyness.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but every game I've ever played in has had at least one female, and I've only ever had two male DMs (out of six). The first time I played D&D, it was with a female DM and her two sister, in total the group was 3 guys 3 girls, but with people leaving and new people coming in, at one point it was 5 girls to 2 guys.

Indon
2007-03-31, 11:13 AM
Hmm.

1-I guess about a decade now, as far as tabletop is concerned. About 15 years if you include console RPG games.
2-No particular preference. Really, I can get into almost any story with almost any mechanic.
3-Early 20's.
4-Male.

Ian
2007-03-31, 11:33 AM
1. 23 years.
2. Played in Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun and Greyhawk. I'd have to say Greyhawk is my favorite.
3. 32.
4. Male.

Katonta
2007-03-31, 12:02 PM
1. About 3 years.
2. DnD, but I'm willing to learn any other one.
3. Same as Dragor. But my maturity is about 22.
4. Male, plain and simple.

Swordguy
2007-03-31, 12:25 PM
You played when you were 4 and DMed when you were 7? That might be a record. I can't even imagine a 4 year old sitting still long enough to play D&D

Some 4-year olds aren't hyperactive/ADD-ridden movement machines. My uncle is Jon Pickens (mother's side), who was an editor at TSR from 1982-ish through about 2001 (forget exact dates). We lived in Chicago at the time, so he'd come by every couple of weeks and teach/brainwash us into playing D&D. And we got pretty much everything he worked on for free at Christmas, so I've got a WHOLE LOT of old D&D stuff.

It's not that much of a stretch about the rulebooks either. I was in 3rd grade when I was 5. I read my first copy of LotR when I was 5. Is it not believeable that I could understand most of the DMG when I was 7? (Granted, the adventures were cheesy, awful, and stupid. But we had fun.)

Nahal
2007-03-31, 12:39 PM
1) 4 years, give or take a few months
2) No clue. I've played DnD in a heavily modified homebrew setting, Traveller T20 in a homebrew campaign, and a system called Ronin, devised by my GM and some guys at his magazine IIRC. All have their charms (T20's chargen system is a blast, but Ronin is very easy to use). Exalted sounds like fun, as does FR.
3) 22
4) Platypus

PaladinBoy
2007-03-31, 01:09 PM
1) I'd say a year or two at most. I started with 3.5.
2) Whatever's fun! So far, it's mostly been FR and Eberron.
3) 16. I like to think my maturity outstrips my age, though.
4) Male

Jarawara
2007-03-31, 10:59 PM
OK, I'll play!

1) "Hey, Jara, come join us at the game store. The game's called D&D, and here's the two books for it. There's a third book coming out, called the DM's Guide, should hit the stores in a couple of weeks."

DM's Guide was the third of the three books to be published for 1st edition, back in 1979. Oddly enough, it was 1980, and the book still wasn't in our area yet. Even more odd was that 1st edition had been out since 1977 and yet the DM's Guide wasn't published till 1979. Monster Manual was the first book, you just had to use it along with the OD&D rules and what 1st edition previews you'd found here and there.

Anyway, so that's 27 years, and I've been hooked ever since.

2) Started DMing my own world about 6 months into my gaming career, and while I've played off and on in other people's campaigns, and had a particular love for the old Greyhawk campaign, my first and foremost love was for my own world. It crashed after about 3 years, not a bad crash, but enough for me to start over. Then after awhile, I began to steal from the old campaign and porting it into the new campaign, and began to realize that it wasn't a new campaign, just a new area of the same world. Since then, many new campaigns, but all in the same world, and the PC's of today are meeting up with the PC's of the 1980's, now in NPC status. Very cool.

3) Older than dirt. You are all just young-uns here. 39. I intend to live forever, so no sense in a mid-life crisis or anything. There's no mid-way point to infinity. I was razzing one of my player's PC's the other day for being so young, describing her as a 'mere teenager'. She got exasperated, saying "She's 19, that's like the last year a person can be described as a teenager. She's a young adult now." I replied. "My dead, at my age, anyone under 25 is classified under the generic term of 'Young-un'." :)

4) Male, optionally. On the subject of GamerGirls, of whom I've had the pleasure of gaming with on many occasions (currently playing with two in two different groups) - I once met a group of D&D players, 3 in total, all were female. They were talking about getting together for a game of D&D that coming weekend. I talked with them for a bit, and we discussed styles of play and some gamer stories. I asked if they had room if their group for one more. They responded: "You? No way. You're a guy!"

I still wonder to this day what exactly they were playing, that guys could not participate. Some kind of alternate roleplaying or something?

5) What is your favorite color? Blue. No, Red. Aaaaauuuuuuuuuggghhh!

storybookknight
2007-03-31, 11:24 PM
1) Ever since I found a group to play with about 7 years ago.

2) Eberron, for D&D. Otherwise, Deadlands!

3) Nominally 20. (or is that... a natural 20?)

4) Male.

lacesmcawesome
2007-04-01, 12:11 AM
1) about eight months or so, though I've only had three games. I had one session when i first started, but we couldn't get together afterwards, then i got into another game with my friend from karate and his brother, and we've had two sessions recently, we plan to make it monthly sessions
2) well, looking at my inexperienced-ness, it would be a tough call. but I like eberron. The Tower City is awesome.
3) 13
4) male

Fhaolan
2007-04-01, 12:35 AM
3) Older than dirt. You are all just young-uns here. 39.

I understand this completely, being 38. There was this girl going through a class I was TAing, who found out I was a RPGer a few years back. She asked if I wanted to join her Vampire game, and wondered how much experience I had at gaming. I told her I'd been gaming for over 25 years. She blinked. "You've been gaming longer than I've been alive. How old *are* you?" "Kid, I've been *running* games longer than you've been alive. You truely are young enough to be my daughter."

She stopped flirting with me after that. Wonder why? :smallsmile:

TomTheRat
2007-04-01, 12:48 AM
I hope it is not out of place for me to ask BWL to answer this.

brian c
2007-04-01, 12:54 AM
She stopped flirting with me after that. Wonder why? :smallsmile:

Maybe her grades went up :smallwink:

clericwithnogod
2007-04-01, 04:02 AM
1) 25 Years

2) Really don't have one. I really like Champions though, so if I was pinned to pick one RPG book, it's probably the Big Blue Book. The James Bond 007 RPG is another favorite. And of course there's Traveller and FASA Star Trek and Gamma World. I'm liking Eberron a lot at the moment as far as DND things go.

3) A lot of years young.

4) Male

20thLevelGeek
2007-04-01, 06:41 AM
1. 11 years. (I truly can't believe it myself!) I started GMing Sophomore year in high school, and have been gaming fairly regular as both player and DM since then. Though there was a small gap between when my buddies went away to college, and 3.0 D&D came out.

2. Maybe its just because its where my best experiences have been, but standard world, old school Greyhawk has always been my favorite setting. and no my favorite ice cream is not vanilla ;) Though my first tabletop RPG ever was West End Games D6 Star Wars. I loved that system, the amount of lore it had, and the insane amount of detail in it. and you always will love and remember your first.

3. 26 years old

4. Male

Suvarov454
2007-04-01, 07:46 AM
I was just wondering a few things about all of the posters here...

1. 31 years
2. Champions (but D&D is a close second)
3. 37 years
4. Male

My older brother brought home the D&D boxed set (the one with the red dragon sitting on its horde) when I was six. We played with our sister and little brother. We were guilty of all the munchkinisms that one would expect of the under-15 croud, including a DMPC that eventually reached godhood, characters with straight 18 stats, and Monty Haul treasures. I've played games in every edition of D&D since then, and I'd like to think that I've gotten to be a decent role player. I'd only had a handful of games for the past decade, and then I decided to play RPGA at a local con. Since then I've been showing up at the weekly RPGA games at my local gaming store, and I've been rebuilding my library. I haven't spent the hours of analysis to know how to truely optimize a build, and I'm more concerned with creating characters I find interesting to play anyway.

In 18 months, my kids will be 4 and 6 (the same age my little brother and I were when we first played) and I'll introduce them to the game.

nyjastul69
2007-04-01, 09:30 AM
1. Since Nov. 25th 1982
2. Greyhawk
3. 38
4. Male

KoDT69
2007-04-01, 06:18 PM
1. Since Nov. 25th 1982
2. Greyhawk
3. 38
4. Male

Wow, started on Thanksgiving. I can only imagine this scenario...

DM: "There's only one turkey leg left on the table, roll for initiative!"
Player 1: "Damn, I rolled a 10... (back in the day 10 was the worst initiative)"
Player 2: "Haha, I got a 3, it's mine!"
DM: "Not so fast, my DMPC has a -10 intiative, so I get the turkey leg!"
Player 1 & 2: "Mooooooom, the DM's bogarting the last turkey leg!"

My daughter is 5 years old and attends my weekly game session. I normally let her roll the dice for the monsters and NPC's during low-intensity combats and stuff. I also started DMing only 6 months after learning to play. The regular DM had to get a job and was not always available for the regular time. As most, I was a munchkin DM, but after I got down the whole game balance thing, I had a small campaign devoted to correcting previous errors and stuff. I can seriously say that 13 years worth of characters and adventures are all fixed to be balanced if they were to be played again. Kinda cool because my brother likes to bring the older ones out of retirement for a campaign sometimes. He's been the one I've gamed with the longest.

There were a few forum members I was also very curious about that have not yet posted. Bears With Lasers, Emperor Tippy, Fax Celestis, Saph, Jayaballard, Variable Arcana, and Jade Tarem. Come on, join the fun! Inquiring minds want to know, ummm, or something :smallbiggrin:

Maelstrom
2007-04-01, 06:52 PM

Wow -- gaming since you were 4 years old, and DMing when you your 7...:smallconfused:

Anyways, I've been playing D&D for going on 22 years now, though been many years off and on. Picked it up in 6th grade actually, when my teacher in the GATE class introduced it to us as a type of creative/constructive thinking...man, what would society now say to that...

Favorite setting has always been a homebrew world that a good friend of mine developed 23 or so years ago, and it's been growing ever since. Published setting? Greyhawk, certainly.

I'm 34 years old, father of 4..oldest is nearing the age at which I started :shiver:

Swordguy
2007-04-01, 10:13 PM
Wow -- gaming since you were 4 years old, and DMing when you your 7...:smallconfused:

Yes. The explaination is further up in the thread.

hanseislanson
2007-04-01, 11:31 PM
1) 22 years now and still going strong

2) favorite setting has to be ravenloft.

3) 33 years old

4) male but girlfriend plays and has been playing for 3 years

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-02, 06:42 AM
1) About three years, DMing mostly. (Our DM had to stop halfway through the school year the first year I was playing, and I proved to be the best at making cool plots.)

2) Eberron. Easily.

3) 18.

4) Male.

DrummingDM
2007-04-02, 07:01 AM
12 years. Started with 2nd Edition back in high school.

My favorite has always been Al-Qadim. Thankfully one of my players has started a 3.5 Al-Qadim campaign. It's been fun so far.

Male

Kiero
2007-04-02, 07:12 AM
Why is the question "favourite setting" and not "favourite system and setting"? Is there an assumption that everyone plays D&D?

Zincorium
2007-04-02, 07:18 AM
Why is the question "favourite setting" and not "favourite system and setting"? Is there an assumption that everyone plays D&D?

The OP says 'favorite game setting', which would seem to include other systems by default.

And yeah, it's often assumed, because it's mostly true. Kind of like 'gamers are male'. Are there a lot of female gamers? Yep. Same with gamers who have never played D&D, although from my experience that's a lot rarer. If you're insulted because someone assumes you're familiar with D&D because you play roleplaying games, I dunno what to tell you.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-04-02, 07:49 AM
1. Been playing for 24 years now.

2. Can't say I have a preferred as my group goes through a lot of different settings and systems (mostly D&D but we recently had a blast playing Serenity and will be starting GURPS soon). However, in all those years Greyhawk will always bring fond memories. Home of Slavers, Elemental Evil, Giants, Drow, Horror (as in "Tomb of"), White Plume mountain...

3. 31 Years old

4. Male

Ranis
2007-04-02, 08:27 AM
- I've been gaming for 11 years.
- I prefer AD&D 3.5, but I've taken a stab at Shadowrun once or twice, but right now I'm running a group of 10 people through a world that I've been building for 3 years.
- I'm 19. Turning 20 in July.
- Male.

Teloric
2007-04-02, 09:52 AM
1. I've been gaming since March of 1983, so that's 24 years now.
2. Talislanta is my favourite so far - no Elves...
3. 41
4. Like most roleplayers, I'm male.

alchemy.freak
2007-04-02, 10:13 AM
1. have been gaming since 10th grade, thats about two years
2. i am partial to modern day Call of Cthulhu campaigns, but i am open to just about anything
3. 17
4. male

Tyger
2007-04-02, 10:22 AM
1) I played the original Keep on the Borderlands, when it first came out... back when there was still a "dungeon" in Dungeons & Dragons. Been a long time now. Almost 24 years now, though there have been long stretches with no PnP gaming at all, and I've had to console myself with computer RPGs.

2) Just about anything goes, though Shadowrun and D&D remain my top choices.

3) 34

4) Male.

Matthew
2007-04-03, 04:48 PM
1) Fifteen years or so, amongst other things.
2) Homebrew and Houseruled (A)D&D.
3) Twenty Eight
4) Male