PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Deepvale IC

Burnheart
2015-01-01, 12:24 AM
It is a week before the summer solstice when the festival to mark the founding of the village is held in Deepvale, a time of great celebration and joy for everyone as the whole village comes together to feast drink dance and sing for the day and the whole of Deepvale is bustling as everyone tries extra hard to prepare for this years festival, as it marks the twenty-fifth year since Elder Martok and his wife Zelna founded Deepvale and with his advancing age and a bout of sickness that left him bed ridden for over a month last winter talk around the village is that this could be the last festival the Elder will get to see.

Whilst you've all been busy helping out you have earned a break and the four of you find yourselves sitting together in the only quiet corner of the village comman, eating a lunch of thick still warm bread freshly baked this morning, saltly butter, hard sharp cheese, smoked venision and a mug of light beer.

Feel free to spend a few moments establisting how your character feels about the others, before things start rolling in earnest.

Farmerbink
2015-01-01, 03:26 PM
Korteg tears into his venison ravenously. With a grunt and a sigh, he swallows a huge bite. Ugh. I thought we'd never finish raising that stupid pole. Blasted soft ground made that so much harder than it needed to be.... He takes two more bites of bread and cheese, chewing loudly, and swallows before his posture finally settles into a more relaxed lunch. At least it's done now, eh? Seems to me everything is in order, so this next week shouldn't be too busy. No busier than it always is around here... he grumbles, as he uses his cheese to spread the salted butter on the bread. Mmmmmm... He sighs contentedly, savoring the taste of the buttered loaf. Ellna outdid herself today! This bread is delicious!

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-02, 02:32 AM
Zora smirked as Korteg complained, idly buttering her loaf of bread, "It wasn't so bad. Remember last year? We dropped that pole, smashed Old Yuz's fence, and let his herd of sheep loose into the village. The day was nearly over by the time we finally got the pole up." She bit into the bread, eyes closing briefly as she savored the taste. It was always hard work preparing for the festival, but it was worth it. The celebration was one of the few events that Zora cherished above everything else. Of course, it would most likely be the last one that their Elder Martok would see. He had been one of the few in their tiny village who had possessed the patience to endure a young Zora full of childhood curiosity. Pushing aside somber thoughts, the half-orc looked to her other friends who had been silent thus far, "Braaga, Taug, what are your plans for the evening?"

Farmerbink
2015-01-02, 08:35 AM
Zora smirked as Korteg complained, idly buttering her loaf of bread, "It wasn't so bad. Remember last year? We dropped that pole, smashed Old Yuz's fence, and let his herd of sheep loose into the village. The day was nearly over by the time we finally got the pole up."[/COLOR][/B]

Korteg snorts- and then hacks atrociously as a chunk of bread comes flying out his nose. Uch. Blach! Heh, hehehe... It was a long day, that's true, but gods that was funny! He chuckles for a moment before taking another bite- trying to control his amusement a little better.

skypse
2015-01-02, 11:23 AM
Braaga sighs as he takes the last bite of bread and cheese.

Well I don't have any particular plans but I am sure my favourite tyrant has something in mind for me to do. He says as he takes a look at his mask lying on his feet. I really wanted to watch the begining ceremony for the celebrations tonight. Who knows, maybe he will be forced to go so I will get dragged along!! *laughing*

Smileybastard
2015-01-02, 12:18 PM
Taug

Taug eats his food, enjoying every bite and the time to eat it as his listens quietly. His smile grows considerably when reminded of the pole incident last year.

"I have no specific plans. Just to enjoy the break we have earned and thank Erastil for the warm season, but I think maybe something may change that."

Burnheart
2015-01-03, 03:00 PM
As the four of you pass time chatting together over your simple meals you see Mozan, or possibly Gozan, Ironjaw enter the village comman and look about before spotting you and heading over.

The Ironjaw twins Mozan and Gozan have quite the reputation as fearless explorers, suprising considering they've only seen sixteen summers, often leaving deepvale for weeks to venture alone deep into the wild woods around the village or into the mountain foothills to the north exploring place no one else from Deepvale has seen. When they're back in the village between trips they keep to themselves for the most part, resting up at their parents home before heading back out into the wild.

Once he reaches you the twin quietly asks with a troubled expression "I wouldn't normally do this but my brother and I need help, can you come to our place to talk privately?"

Smileybastard
2015-01-03, 06:20 PM
Taug

Taug nods. His hand unconsciously moves toward his axe. The twins are not prone to ask for help. Quietly he says, "Is there trouble?"

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-03, 06:40 PM
Zora watched one of the Ironjaw twins approach. She envied the pair, wishing that she had the courage to do what they did and just venture out of the village and explore. Many times when Mozan and Gozan had returned to Deepvale, Zora had tried to talk with them about what they had seen. However, they kept to themselves and rarely seemed interested in answering her many questions. Still, if they needed help, she was not going to turn them away. Setting the meal aside, the young half-orc rose to her feet, "Of course. I will do anything I can to assist."

skypse
2015-01-03, 06:58 PM
Seeing the twins coming towards them, Braaga quickly wears his mask since he doesn't feel comfortable with anyone other than his friends and mentor to see his scars.

Hello to you too. *stands up* Please show us the way.

Farmerbink
2015-01-04, 01:06 PM
Korteg simply grunts, but rises to his feet and follows dutifully. After a few moments, he wonders aloud, Hmmm, finally got in over your heads, did you? Knew it would happen, eventually.

Burnheart
2015-01-04, 01:42 PM
The twin shoots a dark look at Korteg as he leads the group away to his parents house, when you get there you see Zelna and Fel Ironjaw, the twins father, walking out the front door talking quietly. Upon seeing this the twin leading you asks Zelna "How is Mozan's leg?"

Smileybastard
2015-01-04, 01:49 PM
Taug

Taug nods to Zelna and awaits her answer.

skypse
2015-01-04, 03:19 PM
Knowing the adventurous nature of the twins, Braaga realizes Mozan is hurt.
What exactly happened?

Burnheart
2015-01-05, 01:10 AM
Seeing the four of you following behind Gozan Zelna arches an eyebrow before saying "I don't know they" she glances disapprovingly at Gozan when she says they "Haven't explained. Mozan will need to rest in bed for some weeks but luckily his leg will heal, though he will have deep scars for the rest of his days from the beasts fangs, would you like to explain what happened yet?" she asks Gozan.

With a stubborn frown in the face of Zelna's disapproval Gozan replies "No thanks." which provokes a sigh from Zelna "In that case neither of you will be leaving the village for the rest of summer."

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 06:42 AM
Korteg speaks up from his position near the back of the group. Oh, come on! You already told us you needed our help, and we're here, ain't we? Spill the beans already, Gozan! What'a ya need us to help you with?

skypse
2015-01-05, 08:22 AM
To Zelna:
May I see his leg? I believe I might be able to help the situation and I can probably figure out what that "beast" is.

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 08:44 AM
May I see his leg? I believe I might be able to help the situation and I can probably figure out what that "beast" is.

Korteg grunts and snickers. Ask the boy wit' his leg missin'. Something tells me he knows what chewed on him. He continues to snicker for a few moments before the gravity of the situation dawns on him and he forces his laughter to subside.

skypse
2015-01-05, 10:14 AM
Korteg grunts and snickers. Ask the boy wit' his leg missin'. Something tells me he knows what chewed on him. He continues to snicker for a few moments before the gravity of the situation dawns on him and he forces his laughter to subside.

Oh that's right Korteg! What a great insight! Although I never said I'd ask him *wink*

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-05, 01:16 PM
Zora was becoming quite annoyed with the Twins secrecy, and not just because she was desperate to learn anything about the outside world, "You two have been leaving the village since your sixteenth summer and you've never been injured before. If there's something out there that's dangerous enough to take a bite out of one of you, shouldn't the village know about it? What if you inadvertently led it or others like it here?"

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 01:32 PM
"What if you inadvertently led it or others like it here?"

Korteg's eyes light up like never before. Oooooh, wouldn't that be exciting!? All the elders and old folks talk about the goblin raids they used to deal with, but I've never so much as laid eyes on one of the buggers. Bet I could take one or two, no problem, though, if they are how all the folks talk. How dangerous can some midget wit' pointy teeth really be? He grips the handle of his falchion, eyes dancing with imagined violence.

skypse
2015-01-05, 01:44 PM
The spirits of the forest will warn us if anything threatens the village. Most probably the two of them tried to bite more than they could chew. And they got bit back.

Burnheart
2015-01-05, 06:58 PM
Gozan simple glares at korteg before walking inside without saying anything whilst his Fel Ironjaw and Zalna share a look before turning to the four of you "Be careful if you get caught up with those two, its still a week until the festival not that its stopped people from celebrating already and you wouldn't want to miss it." "Maybe you'll have better lucky getting those two to talk than we did." his father mutters sourly before walking away.

skypse
2015-01-05, 07:41 PM
Braaga bows respectfully before entering the house. We will do our best.

Braaga walks inside heading towards the bed Mozan lies on. Let me get a look on it my friend.

Heal Check to see the condition of the wound and if he needs healing and Survival Check to try and understand what is the source of the wound.

[roll0] Heal
[roll1] Survival

Smileybastard
2015-01-05, 08:53 PM
Taug

Taug things for a moment. "Clearly this was a dangerus beast to hurt you. Tell us about it and maybe we can help you get revenge"

Diplomacy [roll0]

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 09:15 PM
Korteg, recognizing both the gravity of the situation and his complete ineptitude, remains dutifully silent at the back of the room.

Burnheart
2015-01-06, 05:43 PM
As you enter you see a fairly typical room for a mostly log cabin, a table for eatting, a hearthfire for cooking and a number of doors on one side leading to private sleeping chambers one of which Gozan is standing insdie waving to you before slipping inside, once you all follow you enter a largish room with two beds, one against the wall to your left as you enter the other against the wall to your right upon which Mozan is laying with a bandaged left leg.

Braaga:
Upon entering the room you move towards Mozan to examine his wounded leg before pausing, noting the expertly wrapped bandages which you assume to be the work of Zelna who you know to be a better healer than you so instead of unwrapping them and disturbing a healing wound you carefully examine the rest of him, spotting a few fading bruises upon his chest and noticing the scent of a few herbs you know help break fevers.

As the last of you file in to the room, making it seem somewhat cramped as it wasn't built to house this many people, Gozan begins to softly speak "We were just exploring, like we normally do, when we found something strange, an old trail of somekind made by who knows what and we started following it, I mean who wouldn't right?" he looks briefly defient before resuming his story "Well that trail... we didn't notice it but it led into the blackwoods and before we knew it some great big wolf from there was leaping out at us."

The Blackwoods
The Blackwoods are a dark stretch of woods roughly 4 days straight west of the village where savage beasts dwell, no one who enters has ever returned to the village and anyone who is know to go near the place is considered very stupid and reckless.

skypse
2015-01-07, 11:59 AM
Well at least this is a first for our village since you two returned... How did you manage to get rid of the monster? Also did you check if anything followed you? I guess it would be hard carrying your brother AND making sure you don't leave any footprints behind.

Turning to Mozan:
I see Zelna took good care of his leg so it should heal pretty fast. I don't think there's anything more I can do.

To Gozan:
You said a big bad wolf attacked you? Are you sure it was just a wolf? Any chance it could be a wolf-like beast? Also, can you describe the trail? "Weird" doesn't sound much of a help.

On another note, just in case that something followed you, I believe you must tell what happened to the Elders. Things could become much worse if any unknown to us creatures from Blackwoods start venduring in our peaceful forest.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-07, 12:48 PM
Zora listened intently to the story, though she was rather troubled by the details. Still, Braaga was asking good questions, so the half-orc stood patiently. In hindsight, it seemed as though Mozan and Gozan had been tempting fate with every foray into the wilds. While this didn't temper Zora's own wanderlust, it did remind her that it was important to be careful and, of course, to never go near the Blackwoods.

Farmerbink
2015-01-07, 02:32 PM
Korteg stands in the back of the room, struggling to stand still and contain his humor. After several moments and a few questions, he guffaws loudly. You wandered into the blackwoods, and you didn't even know?!? Some excuse for an explorer you two are! Good grief! He slaps his thigh, laughing raucously, until Braaga silenced him with a meaningful glare. Err.. I mean... He subsides back into a contained silence.

Smileybastard
2015-01-08, 06:05 AM
Taug

Taug listens to the story and then to the question. A great wolf, could it be a sign of some sort?

Burnheart
2015-01-08, 11:48 PM
Gozan Ironjaw pauses trying to sort through the barrage of rapid fire questions that Braaga just asked him when he's interupted by Korteg's raucous laughter provoking a harsh glare and a terse angry response "We only just crossed the threshold of Blackwoods its not like its a sudden sharp line marked in the damn ground. As for the beast well..." he glances nervously at his sleeping brother for a moment before continuing quietly "We'd found an old abandond hut far deeper dwon the valley than anyone from Deepvales every been, full of beakers an tables of what are they called, All-chem-ical gear? The place was covered in dust and overgrown with plants, we searched it and found a half dozen glass vials so we took them with us and headed for home.

It was on our way back that we spotted those weird tracks and followed them until that damn beast jumped us, one moment nothing then the next it had its jaw clamped tight on Mozans leg lifting him up and throwing him through the air against a tree, lucky for us though while he was being thrown the vials he'd been carrying got knocked loose too and struck the beast on its back and snout." He grins savagely as he remembers "Lit the bastard on fire like that" he snaps his fingers "and it turned right around and ran back into the heart of Blackwood so I picked him" he nods at his brother "and got us the hell out."

He sighs then looks straight at you four "On the way back I had to leave Mozans backpack behind with somethings that are important, and since we're not going anywhere for a long while i'd like you guys to go retrive them for me, please?"

Smileybastard
2015-01-09, 06:08 AM
Taug

"I, for one, would be happy to assist you in this as best I can." Taug could not deny the feeling of excitement that this brought him.

Farmerbink
2015-01-09, 09:08 AM
Korteg's eyes light up as a legitimate reason to venture into the woods presents itself. Ooooooh, sounds fun! I'll go! Errr, the stuff in his bag ain't dangerous, is it? I mean, we'll be careful, either way, but it might be nice to know if we're carryin' more jars at'll set us on fire, too!

skypse
2015-01-09, 11:05 AM
Hmmm... So you don't know if anything followed you but you clearly left trails in the woods that lead directly to Deepvale. That can't be good.

Thinks for a minute

Ok, I agree to help along but only if you promise me you will go and tell Zelna and Martok everything. Including the fact that we went to retrieve the backpack. I don't like the idea of us being ambushed the same way you did.

Also, I would like to see and examine those vials if you still have any. You said you both took some right?

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-09, 01:09 PM
Zora opened her mouth to vehemently oppose the idea of anyone going back into the Blackwoods and then stared at her friends in shock, "You're all crazy." She pressed her hand to her face and shook her head, sighing, "Fine. Fine. I'll go too. If I let you all get eaten by a giant wolf then I'd have no one to talk to."

skypse
2015-01-09, 01:19 PM
To Zora

Well this can only happen if anything followed them. Gozan said that he had to leave the backpack "on the way back" and not inside the blackwoods.

To Gozan

Umm, right?

Burnheart
2015-01-10, 01:44 AM
"What's in the backpack won't hurt you and no it's not in the Blackwoods, I had to leave it roughly two and a half to three days away from the village, it was getting too much to carry my brother and both our packs." Gozan looks thoughtfully at Braaga for a moment "I'll let you look at them if you keep them away from him" he gives a dark look at Korteg before reaching under the bed in which mozan is sleeping and with a creaking of floor boards pulls out three glass bottles.

Two of the bottles are filled with a thick brown liquid and the other is filled with a pale red one "I think the red one is the same as what set the beast on fire." he says holding them out to Braaga.

skypse
2015-01-10, 06:38 AM
Don't worry I'll keep them safe. So we have a deal right? We go bring back your stuff, you tell the elders what happened. Also, if you don't mind since Finders Keepers apply in such situations so they belong to you, I'd like to show the vials to my mentor for him to examine.

Casting Detect Magic and Detect Poison on the liquid of the vials (I guess they have a cork or a cap of some sort to cover them so the glass won't block my casting)
Also Take 10 on spellcraft (result 16) to see if I understand anything about them.

After that, I put the vials in my pouch.

I'll be in Old Avor's hut. Please come and take me from there when you are ready to depart. I am sure he can help me with the vials and I need his blessing as well.

Smileybastard
2015-01-10, 12:27 PM
Taug

"So how many days travel to the backpack? Shall we leave in the morning?"

Farmerbink
2015-01-10, 07:29 PM
Taug

"So how many days travel to the backpack? Shall we leave in the morning?"

Korteg scoffs at Taug's (perceived) hesitance. Bah! It's not even mid afternoon! We've plenty of time to get some distance while the sun is up! I'll go tell my da' what's going on- I doubt he'll co- Hmmmm.... As they say, "'tis better to ask forgiveness than permission!" Let's get on with it! An eager gleam lights up Korteg's features as he chomps at the proverbial bit beside the door.

Smileybastard
2015-01-10, 07:36 PM
Taug

Taug tilts his head slightly. "I am happy to leave as soon as everyone is ready, but you didn't say how far it was."

Burnheart
2015-01-11, 12:53 AM
After a few moments thought Gozan says "I was planning to take them to him anyway so fine." then he turns to Taug and says "I already said between 2 and a half to three days, I left it buried just off Antler grove." he goes on to describe the landmarks you'll need to spot from there to find the precise location.

Glass bottles.
The 2 brown ones give off a faint aura of magic though you can't quite work out what exactly they do. The one suspected of causing fires is not magical and none of them show as poison.

Antler grove
A grove in the forests dominated by a single ancient oak tree that is covered in the shed antlers of stags, some of them decades maybe even centuries old. Naturally the place is considered sacred to Erastil and the village hunters leave offerings at the base of the tree but otherwise stay out of the grove, no one camps there or lights fires within.

Question, would any of your characters have been there?

skypse
2015-01-11, 10:11 AM
Only reason for Braaga to have been there would be if Old Avor ever took him there or told him to go. You know Old Avor so if he ever had any reason for that, then I've been there before.

Ok guys I am going to show Old Avor the vials. When you are ready come pick me up from there so we can begin.

To Old Avor

Good Afternoon mentor! How are you feeling this beautiful day? It's such a blessing that we finally are over with the preparations and ready for the new season and the celebrations!

With a more serious voice.

However it is unfortunate that I am not bearer of good news at this time. The Ironjaw twins got in trouble and Mozan is severely hurt. Bless the spirits that Elder Zelna was there to take care of him and as she said he will recover soon. Gozan and Mozan followed a trail from our forest into the Darkwoods and they found an interesting hut there. From what Gozan said, the place was abandoned and in bad shape. Overgrown plants, dust everywhere, broken stuff around and something that seemed like alchemical materials on the tables. They found some vials that were in good shape and they took them back with them. Unfortunatelly on their way back they got ambushed by a beast in the Darkwoods and there was where Mozan got injured. Gozan managed to bring some of the vials back and he gave them to me. I checked on them and I found out that there is some kind of magic in these two (shows them the browns) but nothing on this one (gives him the red). They are all poison-free from what I saw. Please examine them yourself I am sure that you will be able to discover something more than me.

Also, I would like your blessing for a journey inside the forest because I made a deal with Gozan to go with my friends and retrieve Mozan's backpack that he burried near the Antler grove. It's in our forests so I believe it is a safe trip.

Farmerbink
2015-01-12, 09:41 AM
As Braaga leaves to seek counsel with her mentor, Korteg ambles about the twin's house restlessly. Come on! How long does it take to have a meeting! Jeesh, I know she likes talking, but this is just ridiculous! He tries to stay mostly out of sight behind the building as he mutters to himself.

Finally after waiting for about half an hour, he has (one of his few) a good idea, and draws his falchion. He goes through some of the martial forms he's learned from the guardsmen in an effort to cool his head.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-12, 02:18 PM
Zora had to return home to get her equipment, thankful that her parents were busy enough that they would not be around for several more hours, at least. The idea of leaving the village was both terrifying and exciting. She had not done so in a long time when her father had taken her to the antler grove on something of a pilgrimage. Though Zora didn't consider herself a particularly spiritual person, there was something about that place...

When she returned to the Twins home, Zora found Korteg swinging his sword around, "Good form. I hope we don't have any need for it, though."

Burnheart
2015-01-13, 03:38 AM
Old Avor just grunts and mutters something under his breath before snatching the bottles out of Braagas hands with a hacking cough, he peers at the them for a moment or two and chants something before looking straight into Braaga's eyes "These two are weapon oils, rub into a blade and it'll be a bit magical for a little while, this one i'm not sure about maybe some firestarting thing, don't break it near you."

Apologies for the short post i'm having some connection issues i'm going to have to speak to my ISP about :smallsigh: Also some factal errors i noticed in your last post Skypse,
1) the feastival is still a week away and the preperations aren't finished yet.
2) the hut wasn't in the Blackwoods, they were many days into their trip home from it when they spotted the strange tracks and started following them into the very edges of the blackwwods which was when the beast attacked them.

skypse
2015-01-13, 07:11 AM
Bows. Thank you for your precious help! I will try and make good use of them according to your instructions. I must go prepare now. The others will soon be here before we leave and I want to pray to the spirits for their blessings before we depart.\

Braaga goes to the back of the hut where his mule is. His loyal friend seems to have no problem with Old Avor complaining over how bad it smells and how annoying it is every morning with its moaning. It seems like the mule understands just how the old shaman percieves the world through his solitary life and seems to be totally fine with it. Braaga unties the mule and leads it to the front of the house where he loads it with his backback. The two of them go about 50ft away from the hut, right beneath the huge oak tree that has been there for more than 1000 years; or so the story says. He ties the mule on the branch and Braaga sits under the tree's shadow before he starts chanting some old prayers that Old Avor taught him.

1) I meant the work for the day. Sorry for bad wording :P
2) My bad. I got confused and remembered something else.

Smileybastard
2015-01-13, 06:36 PM
Taug

Taug returns how to get his gear. He went to Zelna and informed her what had happened. "I think the wolf could be an omen or a sign. We are going to get the backpack for them, but more I want to see if there is a sign or if the Darkwoods is expanding."

Burnheart
2015-01-14, 09:53 AM
"That would be a terrible burden upon Deepvale if thats the case so do be careful, we can't have the rest of you getting into trouble on top of the twins." Zelna tells Taug "This might help you if run into something wicked in your trip." she hands Taug a small vial of water "Don't take too long or you'll miss the festival." she says to him with a slightly forced smile as he heads out the door.

Smileybastard
2015-01-14, 07:39 PM
Taug

Taug nods as he is scooted out. He holds the water and says, "What is it?"

Farmerbink
2015-01-14, 09:00 PM
When she returned to the Twins home, Zora found Korteg swinging his sword around, "Good form. I hope we don't have any need for it, though."

Korteg looks at the girl, dumbfounded. What do you mean you hope we don't need it? I can't wait to try this blade on something other than a straw dummy! There's bad guys out there, and I'm never gonna learn how to fight them whittling stumps! This is the best chance I've ever had for a real challenge!

... aren't you excited about that, too?

Burnheart
2015-01-15, 12:30 AM
Taug

Taug nods as he is scooted out. He holds the water and says, "What is it?"

"It is water blessed by Erastil to counter evil." Zelna replies.

Burnheart
2015-01-17, 01:20 AM
Once everyone has gathered their things the four of you set out towards Antler grove, passing through the well known reletively peaceful stretch of woods around Deepvale and making camp for the night in a well used grove that already has a stone lined firepit dug. You all sleep soundly and awaken refreshed for the day ahead and after a hearty breakfast once again set out through some of the more wild, less well travelled stretches of forest though fortunetly or unfortunetly for some, you don't encounter anything until dusk when you see a small fire burning ahead of you.

Farmerbink
2015-01-17, 10:14 AM
Korteg quickly comes to a halt. He points towards the orange glow, and in a harsh whisper, asks his companions, "Do you see that? There, through the trees. Someone up ahead has a campfire burning, so we're not alone out here, after all." He draws his falchion, but otherwise waits to see his companion's reactions.

Smileybastard
2015-01-17, 10:49 AM
Taug

Taug shrugs. "Well it is not the great wolf. We could just go and see who they are and introduce ourselves."

skypse
2015-01-17, 01:16 PM
Wait! Braaga starts smelling the air to see if he catches any particular odours towards the campfire. Tries to understand if there are any creatures around.

Not sure if I need perception check to use the Scent ability. I think not but just in case..
[roll0]

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-17, 01:43 PM
Kora reached out, putting her hand on Korteg's wrist, "Sheath your sword! We don't know who is out there and we have no reason to believe that they would be hostile. Taug is right. We should introduce ourselves."

Farmerbink
2015-01-17, 06:10 PM
Kora reached out, putting her hand on Korteg's wrist, "Sheath your sword! We don't know who is out there and we have no reason to believe that they would be hostile. Taug is right. We should introduce ourselves."

Korteg looks at Kora, dumbfounded. We don't know of any others from the village who are out here, and we do know that goblins inhabit these parts. I think I'll err on the safe side and have to explain my behavior on the off-chance that they aren't hostile. You two run on ahead and see if the gobbers wanna play nice tonight, yeah?

Smileybastard
2015-01-17, 06:55 PM
Taug

"Is your plan then to run? Or simply attack blindly? Lets take a look and see what they are before we introduce ourselves."

"Who wants to scout? I'll go if no one else wishes to, Erastil help me."

Farmerbink
2015-01-17, 07:44 PM
"Is your plan then to run? Or simply attack blindly?"

Korteg turns to Taug. In a harsh whisper, he says "Of course not! I'll be glad to scout ahead. Give me a moment, and be ready to help, if they catch me!"

Korteg creeps forward slowly, staying just off the path, to avoid obvious glances.

[roll0] stealth
[roll1] perception

Burnheart
2015-01-18, 04:39 AM
Braaga can't make out anything over the smells of cooking meat on the fire that make his belly rumble with hunger while Korteg creeps forward and spots a couple of hunters from Deepvale that he knows the faces of but not the names off hand.

skypse
2015-01-21, 09:21 PM
Braaga seems lost for a moment thinking about the delicious-smelling food when suddenly he realizes the potential danger and snaps out of it.

Whispering:
Korteg, what do you see there?

Farmerbink
2015-01-22, 08:21 AM
Korteg creeps back to the party to report what he's seen. He growls under his breath as he finishes his report. Two hunters from Deepvale. Don't remember their names, but I still don't like this. Nothing for it, but to introduce ourselves and see what they're doing out here. With a grin, he adds: any volunteers?

skypse
2015-01-22, 09:05 AM
Well we are inside our forest so it is logical that hunters from our village are out here. I guess we can go all together since they are familiar faces. Maybe we are lucky enough to get a bite of what they are cooking...

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-22, 11:30 AM
Zora stood, taking her hand off the hilt of her rapier, "You're too suspicious, Korteg. Come on, everyone. Let's go introduce ourselves." Without waiting, the young orcess strode purposefully toward the fire.

Smileybastard
2015-01-23, 06:34 AM
Taug

"Yes, together and I am happy to do the talking if you wish"

skypse
2015-01-23, 06:55 AM
Braaga says happily to Taug:

Sure go ahead. I'd prefer to do the eating

Burnheart
2015-01-23, 09:46 AM
The four of you approuch the fire, Korteg with one hand on his blade, and you are greeted with a friendly wave from one of the hunters who has a scar over his left eye "Welcome to our fire, please sit and share the warmth." while his friend stares silently at you with a frown.

Smileybastard
2015-01-23, 06:33 PM
Taug

"Hello and thank you. May Erastil smile upon you." He sits close to the fire and holds his hands out to the heat.

Farmerbink
2015-01-23, 06:51 PM
Korteg returns the frown with one of his own. Have you two noticed anything unusual out here lately? The Ironjaw twins ran into some "huge wolf" a few days ago; Mozan's pretty badly hurt.

skypse
2015-01-23, 07:25 PM
Braaga aproaches silently, happy that his mask covers his face and his drooling mouth. He can't think of anything else than the smell that comes out of whatever those guys are cooking. He sits quietly by the fire, staring at the food behind his mask when he realizes the frown form one of the two. Who are they? I do recognize their faces, but can't remember their names. They didn't introduce themselves but they didn't ask for our names either. I know Deepvale ain't that big so they most probably know our faces as well, maybe not mine, but at least my friends' but why wouldn't they introduce themselves? It is common courtesy to introduce yourself when you invite someone with whom you don't speak with, to sit with you. And what is that smell? What are they cooking? I wanna eat! Oh I'm sooooo hungry... Maybe they did say their names and I didn't hear them. Oh well, if they don't offer us food I'll just ask for it. After all they seem friendly. I guess..

Burnheart
2015-01-24, 11:21 AM
Scarred man raises an eyebrow at Kortegs question "Is that right? Well we've not seen anything like that" he turns to the frowner "Have we Gork?" Gork shakes his head "Well its good that we're heading back home for the festival then." Scarred man continues before noticing Braaga staring at the meat cooking upon the fire. "If you four are willing to share your food we'll share ours with you." he says.

skypse
2015-01-24, 01:05 PM
Braaga suddenly snaps out of his hunger. He had heard the name of one of the two and even though noone could see his whole face behind the mask and despite the fact that his eyes were somehow covered as well, he realized that he was sitting next to the food like an idiot so he gave himself away.

Gork, Gork, Gork, I feel like I know this name but I can't be sure. He must be from our village. I think I know him. Well, I should say something or they will think I am retarded and if this reaches Old Avor's ears I am gonna get in serious trouble.

Hey there! How impolite of myself to not salut you. Please forgive my rudeness. I am Braaga; student of Old Avor and future shaman of Deepvale. Truth is that we have been traveling for some time now and we got interrupted during our mealtime so if it really is no inconvenience for you, I would like some of that delicious smelling food you have there.

Intelligence check to see if I remember anything about the name "Gork"
[roll0]

Farmerbink
2015-01-24, 02:23 PM
Korteg says nothing, but shifts his gaze broodingly into the woods behind the pair.

Do we know anything about Gork? Is it a name we remember, recognize, etc?
If need be, [roll0] knowledge: local.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-24, 08:20 PM
Zora sat quietly, listening to the conversation while she focused her attention on the two hunters. She wasn't especially suspicious, but she was mildly curious as to why they were out here so close to the festival. For the moment, however, she kept any questions to herself.

Rolling Knowledge (Local) to try and identify the two half-orc hunters.

Knowledge (Local): [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-01-25, 09:54 AM
Taug

Taug listens and speaks. Discussing where the hunters have been and what they have done.

Diplomacy [roll0] to gather info
Sense Motive [roll1] to tell if they are lying or hiding something

Burnheart
2015-01-25, 10:29 PM
Gork and Mork
You know that Gork is a rather quiet man who hunts with his friend Mork, a talkative man who has a scar over his left eye.

You share food and eat quietly, a good meal as the venison the two were cooking is of a fine quality, aside from Taug and Mork who chat about the local area and the game that can be hunted there "Me and Gork managed to bag a really fine trophy this year" he nods towards a wrapped bundle behind Gork "Should make a for a good year of hunting." he says with a grin.

You all know that during the midsummer festival the villages hunters all offer trophies of their hunts to earn Erastils blessing for the next year.

Farmerbink
2015-01-25, 10:47 PM
As Korteg remembers the two hunters, he relaxes visibly. At the mention of their trophy, he grins an unappealing smile. Ooh, what is it? Another one o' them big deer with the nasty hooves? A bear? Though it may not be taken well, he chats amicably for now.

skypse
2015-01-26, 02:58 AM
Oh yeah it them! Pffff... Hunters. They stay away from the village for so long that it is only logical to forget a name or a face. At least they are good at it. Now let's eat.

Braaga takes some of the food and strugles to eat it without removing his mask since he doesn't feel comfortable with showing his face. After eating enough food to fill his stomach, he moves towards his mule and gives it something to eat too.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-01-28, 07:07 PM
It took Zora a moment to recognize the pair, but it finally clicked. She smiled and thanked them for their generosity before taking a modest hunk of meat. Though she was still silent, she gave Korteg a look that said 'I told you so'.

Burnheart
2015-01-31, 05:58 PM
After finishing the meal and chatting for a bit the six of you bed down for the night around the fire, awakening shortly after dawn. Mork & Gork swiftly rising and stiring the embers of the fire to prepare breakfast.

skypse
2015-01-31, 06:59 PM
Braaga wakes up:

Good morning guys. I see you have already started preparations for breakfast. I would really like to help but I need to pay my respects to the forest spirits first. I will walk a bit towards that big oak tree over there *shows*. It shouldn't take more than an hour. I will help with anything there is afterwards.

He stands up with a smile at his face even if the others can't see it beneath the mask. He walks towards the oak tree, sits under its shadow. There, he slowly removes his mask and hangs it on the rough surface of the tree before he starts his prayers. His mask seems like a reflection to his almost deformed due to the scars and the burning marks face, so ugly that he wishes noone would ever see it, yet so inspiring to him for the power and the wisdom he is granted to feel grateful for it. He closes his eyes, picturing his mentor is beside him, then opens them staring passionately at his mask and repeating the words his mentor taught him.

Old Avor, along with his childhood friends were the only ones who ever saw him performing his daily rituals. His friends, even if they wouldn't understand why he does it, they'd respect the importance of this procedure for young Braaga.

Smileybastard
2015-02-06, 06:53 PM
Taug

Taug helps with breakfast and prays for his spells.

~

"I think we should be on our way."