PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder GhanjRho's Guide to the Dragon Fury

ghanjrho
2015-01-01, 04:52 AM
Happy New Year, Playground! Have the Dragon Fury guide that I've been planning since the PoW Supplemental Content release.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y6rRKBlTwsglz1KPa7PDh46ItWx5nocvViv95AaJ2MQ/edit?usp=sharing

Still needs some work, a feats section would probably be appreciated and I did the entire thing in about three hours, so I'm sure it's a mess.

Dayaz
2015-01-01, 04:59 AM
I'm getting "document not found" when i click on it

ghanjrho
2015-01-01, 05:23 AM
OP updated with new link and explanation.

goto124
2015-01-01, 05:32 AM
EDIT: found the problem, not sure how to fix. The randomly generated link has the F-word in it, and the board is autocensoring it. If one wishes to take a look, they can copy the address into their address bar, replace the **** with the word in question (F and K capitalized) they should be able to see it.

Make a new document such that the new randomly-generated link won't have a cuss word , and copy-paste the information over? Then you use the new link.

ghanjrho
2015-01-01, 05:48 AM
Make a new document such that the new randomly-generated link won't have a cuss word , and copy-paste the information over? Then you use the new link.

EDIT3 has the new link

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-01, 10:45 AM
Hey nice work! Y'know I hadn't considered dipping Titan Mauler for dual wielding greatswords, so that in particular was a good catch.

A few things you should note:

1. The class STILL isn't on the PFSRD, despite my yelling at them.
2. Regular Dervish Defender Warder is a pretty good entry for Dex even without the Barb dip, you get Shield of Blades for an earlier boost to your defenses and you'll get more defensive Warder goodies.
3. If you have PoW:E and a lenient DM a straight Warder that swaps Golden Lion for the (as yet unreleased) Thrashing Dragon martial tradition makes for a good STR entry thanks to Prodigious TWF and Shield Mastery eliminating any TWFing penalties as long as you wield a shield.

Would you like me to add your guide to my list or do you want to keep it separate?

PsyBomb
2015-01-01, 11:56 AM
Prodigious DW-Glaive DDW going full 10 in the class is absurdly threatening, especially if you can arrange for a way to cover the gap with a natural attack (if you have access to Akashic Mysteries and a spare feat, Shape Veil (Horns of the Minotaur) works wonders). Goes double if you have a reliable means of getting Large. Once you get Recovery, it means that you will NEVER run out of Maneuvers as long as there are mooks around, and once the fight gets down to one enemy remaining you have the damage to put the Tarrasque into an early grave within a couple of turns. At level 17. I can put up a sim, but the build is basically just your first STR-based entry with Barb first in order to have that extra Initiator level opening up. I went Human on the sim build, since the opening chain is very (VERY) feat-intensive. Loosens up around level 11, so if you start that high you can go for a more specialized race.

N. Jolly
2015-01-01, 12:15 PM
So far it looks like you got a good basis for this, but it feels like there should at least be a feat section, since that seems like it'd help out a lot for people who want to keep advancing. I do like the suggested entries though, very useful. It'd be nice to have the information a little better sectioned off though, sections just tend to bleed into one another and it doesn't really feel like there's strong points of separation in it.

Lord_Gareth
2015-01-01, 12:25 PM
So far it looks like you got a good basis for this, but it feels like there should at least be a feat section, since that seems like it'd help out a lot for people who want to keep advancing. I do like the suggested entries though, very useful. It'd be nice to have the information a little better sectioned off though, sections just tend to bleed into one another and it doesn't really feel like there's strong points of separation in it.

Gonna second this. Some bolded headlines or something to help break things up would work out really nicely for ya.

I might also suggest, since this is a TWF prestige class, that you discuss a bit about weapon investment?

deuxhero
2015-01-01, 12:32 PM
Huh, you'd think Google would have programed their link generator to avoid that word...

Effortless Lace from Giant Hunter's Handbook (not yet on the SRD) for 2500 lets you treat any one handed weapon as light, which opens some more options for dex based TWF

Piercing Lance Style makes your polearms and spears light weapons for "whenever it would be advantageous". They are still two handed weapons and get the power attack bonus of such (as losing that bonus is absolutely not "advantageous") despite being wielded in one hand (definitely "advantageous"). Getting the required maneuver requires a feat though, and its manuvers aren't all that TWF compatible. This also, without question, gives you a way of getting reach as a TWF.

ghanjrho
2015-01-01, 09:53 PM
Hey nice work! Y'know I hadn't considered dipping Titan Mauler for dual wielding greatswords, so that in particular was a good catch.

A few things you should note:

1. The class STILL isn't on the PFSRD, despite my yelling at them.
2. Regular Dervish Defender Warder is a pretty good entry for Dex even without the Barb dip, you get Shield of Blades for an earlier boost to your defenses and you'll get more defensive Warder goodies.
3. If you have PoW:E and a lenient DM a straight Warder that swaps Golden Lion for the (as yet unreleased) Thrashing Dragon martial tradition makes for a good STR entry thanks to Prodigious TWF and Shield Mastery eliminating any TWFing penalties as long as you wield a shield.

Would you like me to add your guide to my list or do you want to keep it separate?

Feel free to add it to your list. I'll keep this thread open while I keep tweaking.

Gonna second this. Some bolded headlines or something to help break things up would work out really nicely for ya.

I might also suggest, since this is a TWF prestige class, that you discuss a bit about weapon investment?

Feats, weapons, and a through reformatting are on my to-do list.

Huh, you'd think Google would have programed their link generator to avoid that word...

Effortless Lace from Giant Hunter's Handbook (not yet on the SRD) for 2500 lets you treat any one handed weapon as light, which opens some more options for dex based TWF

Piercing Lance Style makes your polearms and spears light weapons for "whenever it would be advantageous". They are still two handed weapons and get the power attack bonus of such (as losing that bonus is absolutely not "advantageous") despite being wielded in one hand (definitely "advantageous"). Getting the required maneuver requires a feat though, and its manuvers aren't all that TWF compatible. This also, without question, gives you a way of getting reach as a TWF.

May have to grab that book. As far as Piercing Lance Style, it's an option. I can't help but think that Thrashing Dragon Style is a better choice, but I'll talk about it.

N. Jolly
2015-01-01, 10:20 PM
I'd probably remove the first two dead links from your OP, it's kind of distracting to have them there and misleading to anyone who wants to check out your guide. Let me know if you need any help formatting, I've got a little G. Doc knowledge.

ghanjrho
2015-01-02, 06:11 PM
Cleaned up the formatting some. Still compiling the feats for the feats section, because God-Emperor there are a lot of them. Any of the more obscure ones that you think belong in this, speak up. Half my knowledge came from the Playground, after all.

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-02, 06:48 PM
You can use survival while raging. According to the PFSRD its INT, DEX and CHA based skills (Excluding Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate and Ride) that can't be used while raging. So feel free to spam Primal Fury counters.

ghanjrho
2015-02-25, 07:53 AM
Doc updated with feats and martial traditions.