PDA

View Full Version : MtG: YMTC challenge II: The Purple Blues

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

r2d2go
2015-02-09, 02:23 PM
That's pretty insane, considering that it would be very good without the Epic ability - even 5 5/5s for 9 is good, anything more than that and you're getting a frankly insane amount of big vanilla guys. With the epic ability, this is probably overpowered. A single X/X token would probably be fine at 7 or so mana, as a swarm of them, this should cost more.

Edit: Oh, misread, you're right, sorry. I thought it was X X/Xs :smalltongue:

Blitz Spark RR
Creature - Elemental U
Trample, Haste
At the end of turn, sacrifice ~.
4/1

Challenge: Something mono blue.

braveheart
2015-02-09, 02:24 PM
The cards in hand bit was me pulling from the other examples of epic spells, although adding judgement would have been a good idea
now for your card
I don't think it should be Rare because its actually a little weaker that Guttersnipe who was uncommon
Simply another 1 turn runner with trample and haste, he's decent
the Purgator Stream only puts 1 out per turn, the epic ability is what makes it good
OK you both made the same challenge

flying fish 1U
Creature - Fish - C
Flying
Island walk
1/1

Make a something from one of Ravnica's guilds

mystic1110
2015-02-09, 02:51 PM
Two forms of evasion? Meh - don't like it. For the same reason I wouldn't like a card with Flying and Intimidate.

Boros Elite guardsman 2RW
Creature - Human Soldier U
Vigilance
Whenever ~ blocks a creature ~ gets -3/+3
3/3

Make something based on your favorite Novel

braveheart
2015-02-09, 04:18 PM
It seems a bit defensive for boros, however mechanically it is completely sound and pretty strong

Eragon the dragon rider - 6UR
Legendary Creature - Human - MR
When ~ enters the battlefield put a Legendary 3/3 Blue and Red Saphira Creature Token with "Flying, R:this creature gains +1/+0 until end of turn, and Soulbound (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.) As long as Saphira is paired With Eragon the dragon rider they both get +3/+3." onto the battlefield
2/2

Make something that whistles

Zaydos
2015-02-09, 04:35 PM
Eragon the dragon rider - 6UR
Legendary Creature - Human - MR
When ~ enters the battlefield put a Legendary 3/3 Blue and Red Saphira Creature Token with "Flying, R:this creature gains +1/+0 until end of turn, and Soulbound (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.) As long as Saphira is paired With Eragon the dragon rider they both get +3/+3." onto the battlefield
2/2

Not sure why it's Blue instead of mono-Red, and making it only gain bonuses as long as its paired with Eragon makes me wonder why it doesn't just give them both +3/+3 as long as they're both on the battlefield, but probably works. 11 power and firebreathing for 8 might actually be a little undercosted but Artisan of Kozilek is 10+ power and annihilator 2 for 9 colorless so it probably works.

Make something that whistles

Urza's Teapot 4
Artifact R
T: Each player draws a card and gains 2 life.
2, T: Target player discards a card then draws a card.
Let's talk it through, over some tea.

@v: Because you can target yourself when your hand is empty :smallwink:

Challenge: Make a space alien.

Jormengand
2015-02-09, 04:37 PM
Complicated enough to give me a headache trying to understand it, but probably fine.

Jacob's Calling WWWGGG
Enchantment - MR
Creatures you control have "T: Add 1 to your mana pool."
"To anyone who can know the bitter sweet taste of the word 'November,' may we forever bask in the softest shade of the color Tuesday."

Anyone who hasn't played TCT, go and do it. It's really good.

I, uh, don't really see why you'd use the second ability. Really.

Tervigon 4UB
Creature - Tyranid R
T: Put 3 1/1 black tyranid creature tokens with reach onto the battlefield under your control.
4/4

Next: A song.

thatonesungod
2015-02-09, 05:01 PM
its, really good, turn 7, 7 power, turn 8 10, power, so on and so forth pretty strong

Dreamriser 6R
Artifact Sorcery R
as an additional cost to cast Dreamriser sacrifice up to 6 creatures you control
Put an X/X Tank artifact creature token onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures sacrificed
if 4 or more creatures were sacrificed this way the creature gains haste
if 5 or more creatures were sacrificed this way the creature gains first strike
if 6 or more creatures were sacrificed this way the creature gains trample
I just feel my wind, i just feel my shine, sorani, rise and ride(music swells)

the song: Dreamriser from the anime girls und panzer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wly8YHLNWOQ)

make a bow

braveheart
2015-02-09, 05:58 PM
I can't think of a time when I would use that card, I would only ever sac 6 0/1's for it to play it. also it costs too much, with the sac cost added in, the mana cost should be significantly less than it is

Simple Bow 1
artifact - equipment - C
equip 1
equipped creature has reach

make a mono Black enchantment

mystic1110
2015-02-09, 06:38 PM
I would hate to draw that in a pack - but this is such a believable card it's crazy! Just imagine pulling that UGH. Well done - bad cards that are printable are hard to do IMO. Seriously this is not a criticism. Not every card is supposed to be great.

Blood Bazaar 2B
Enchantment M
Whenever a player would draw a card, that player reveals that card. If it is a non-land card exile it. Each player may then bid life, with the player that would have drawn the card starting the bidding with a bid of any number. In turn order, each player may top the high bid. The bidding ends if the high bid stands. The high bidder loses life equal to the high bid. Player's may cast cards exiled by Blood Bazaar as if they were in their hand if they had won the bid for that card.

Create a white instant with the word "equipment" and "aura" in its rules text.

Jormengand
2015-02-09, 07:33 PM
It's weird, because it wants to be played with white. Seems like it could be fun with Extort.

Reminder text counts, right?

Mass Dispel 3W
Instant - R
Until end of turn, creatures your opponents control have Silenced (They lose all abilities except silenced, and their equipment and auras have no effect except granting Silenced)

Next: Make a card costing 0.

braveheart
2015-02-09, 07:35 PM
Wow, that would just grind the game to a halt, I would hate to have that in play. although on a turns basis it would speed up the game.

Purge the Land 2WW
Instant - R
Creatures lose all abilities, except for, Protection from Auras and Protection from Equipment and gain Protection from Auras, and Protection from Equipment, until end of turn

apparently we had a similar idea and I like yours

Dying Puppy 0
Creature - wolf - U
At the End of your upkeep step put a -1/-1 counter on ~
It's so sad
1/1

make something else that might make particularly sensitive people cry

Zaydos
2015-02-09, 08:54 PM
Dying Puppy 0
Creature - wolf - U
At the End of your upkeep step put a -1/-1 counter on ~
It's so sad
1/1

Memnite (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=194078) is pretty much strictly better.

make something else that might make particularly sensitive people cry

Put Down B
A dog, and a boy with a gun
Instant U
Target player may sacrifice a creature. If they do not they take damage equal to the highest power among creatures they control.
Poor ol' Yeller.

Challenge: Make a kamagawa style spirit.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-09, 09:36 PM
Why damage rather than life loss? Life loss feels more like the result of letting a poor creature suffer; if you just set it to a static number, it could probably have even been common. I guess the dog might be rabid, but if that's the case, why is the damage tied to the highest-power creature when your opponent is more likely to put down their lowest-power creature? Does it, like, infect the big one? Which is then the only one that bites? Aargrbrbl. In any case, it does its job, though it's obviously really situational. And as CT says below, the flavor is certainly there.

Sparat B
Creature - Spirit C
The primary feature of Kamigawa spirits is that they suck.
1/1

Ember-wind Kami 1RRR
Creature - Spirit R
Arcane spells you cast that have targets have Overload XRR, where X is the spell's converted mana cost. (You may cast a spell for its Overload cost rather than its normal cost. If you do, replace each instance of, "target," with, "each.")
4/2

Challenge! Make a nonwhite, nonblack ghost.

CantigThimble
2015-02-09, 09:37 PM
That is a well balanced card with excellent flavor. 5/5 would put down again.

Akamaro, First to Speak 5WU
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Creatures you control get +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
0/0

So, a Maro of civilization.

Make a devil that likes artifacts (I like the idea of flesh smiths) or a white creature with a drawback. No bonus point for doing both.

r2d2go
2015-02-09, 11:37 PM
That's... potentially horrifying. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that it would be horrifyingly OP for though, so good job! :smallbiggrin:

Ancient Scholar 1U
Creature - Ghost U
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
1/1

(Compare to Baleful Strix :smalltongue:)

Challenge: Another permanent that cantrips. Bonus points if you do something interesting with the card that you draw

Zaydos
2015-02-09, 11:49 PM
Ancient Scholar 1U
Creature - Ghost U
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
1/1

(Compare to Baleful Strix :smalltongue:)

As baleful strix has never been printed in a standard set it's not the best comparison, especially for rarity. That said you can compare it to Elvish Visionary (Green, Elf, no flight same CMC and color weight), and Surveiling Sprite (draw on death instead of entrance, fairy) both of which have tribal advantages and it's probably fine, although it'd be more likely to see print as UU. It depends upon the metagame surrounding it, and the block/set themes.

Challenge: Another permanent that cantrips. Bonus points if you do something interesting with the card that you draw

Do I get bonus points for fulfilling the ninja'd challenge as well?

Hellforger Devil 1RR
Creature - Devil R
When ~ enters the battlefield draw a card.
If that card is an artifact you may reveal it. If you do add RRR to your mana pool which may only be used to cast the revealed card or a card which shares its name.
2/1

(I think the cost might be off since if it's an artifact you could have played it's 2/1 and a card for 0 and even with the gamble element it might should only give RR)

Challenge: Make a dinosaur.

r2d2go
2015-02-09, 11:57 PM
Seems potentially very strong and very swingy, but I suppose that's alright. You're right though, I'd only give RR.

Raptor Packleader 1GG
Creature - Dinosaur R
Other dinosaurs you control gain +1/+1 and Banding.
2/2

Challenge: Another lord.

mystic1110
2015-02-10, 09:17 AM
I can't really judge a card that uses banding - I never tried figuring out the rules for it, and I don't think anyone really has to. I get the "old" flavor, but Dinos could have a cooler lord.

King T-Rex 3G
Creature - Dinosaur R
Each other Dinosaur has +1/+1 and "Tap an untapped basic land you control: this creature has +1/+1 until end of turn"
Tap an untapped basic land you control: this creature has +1/+1 until end of turn
4/4

Make another Dinosaur.

ezkajii
2015-02-10, 09:36 AM
Seems pretty solid, though I guess technically 'king t-rex' is redundant :smalltongue:

Wizard Lizard King 2UGG
Creature - Dinosaur Wizard MR
Cast green sorceries as instants.
1/4

Challenge: Another unlikely creature/class combo

Jormengand
2015-02-10, 11:27 AM
Should read "Green sorceries in your hand have flash." Is probably also way overcosted; I can't see many green sorceries that I would want to play as instants, and even then it's probably not worth 5 in two colours.

Clockwork Knight 4
Artifact Creature - Construct Knight R
Clockwork Knight gets +1/+1 for each creature blocking it.
3/3

Reference to the game Lock's Quest, which is actually pretty fun despite how old it is.

Next: Another artifact creature.

mystic1110
2015-02-10, 11:38 AM
That looks like a strong uncommon - but not a rare.

Starcrusted Golem 3
Artifact Creature - Golem C
4, Sacrifice ~: add WUBRG to your mana pool and draw a card.
2/2

Create a card with the word "Sun" in its name

braveheart
2015-02-10, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure that should be a common, because it of the sac ability, I'd likely put it at uncommon

Send to Sun 1RW
sorcery - R
Exile target Creature that is not an Elemental or Weird
If this spell targets an Elemental or Weird exile it and return it to the battlefield at the end of turn

make something interacts with Weirds and elementals in an interesting way

CantigThimble
2015-02-10, 12:26 PM
The flicker effect really isn't very useful at sorcery speed so this is really just a flavorful exile spell, but that's fine.

Rubberize Bones 1UR
Instant - U
All weirds gain +2/+0 until end of turn.
All non-weird creatures get -2/-0 until end of turn.
This bothers you? I had no idea.

Make an elemental.

braveheart
2015-02-10, 12:49 PM
that's pretty cool and good all around

Lavaborn 2RR
Creature - Elemental - U
When ~ enters the battlefield deal 2 damage to target player
4/3

Lets keep this going with elementals and weirds

mystic1110
2015-02-10, 12:57 PM
Solid card - not much to say

Nightmare Elemental 3B
Creature - Elemental R
When Nightmare Elemental ETB - target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. You lose 4 life.
no . . NO! Please let me wake up! PLEASE! NOOOO!!!
4/2

Why not . . . Make another elemental

Zaydos
2015-02-10, 01:21 PM
4/2 deals 4 damage to you, and if your opponent is not top-decking/has non-lands in their hand still makes them discard. Functional, might could be an uncommon.

Tanglerush 4GG
Creature - Elemental R
Trample
When ~ enters the battlefield creatures you control gain +2/+2 and trample until end of turn.
Evoke 2GG (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
5/5

Challenge: Make another elemental, because why not?

braveheart
2015-02-10, 02:02 PM
Very nice, reasonable cost and all around good

Tremorer 3RR
Creature - Elemental - U
Defender
XRR: deal X damage to all Creatures without Flying
3/7

Make a non creature card that benefits Elementals

thatonesungod
2015-02-10, 02:22 PM
at nightmare elemental, its actually awful for a rare, distress is BB for opponent reveals hand discards nonland card no downside, at common, adding 2 mana and dealing yourself 4 damage for a 4/2 body seems not worth it, but it would be okay at uncommon, but it sucks at rare

at tremmorer its fine, nothing really stands out except the big body

Evocative Surge 2(G/W)
Enchantment-Elemental U
Evoke abilities of creatures you control cost 2 less to cast
a true surge of notions

make a box

braveheart
2015-02-10, 03:35 PM
aren't most evoke costs already like 3 mana, I guess it works, but I don't think it would see much use

Urza's Lockbox 4
Artifact - R
2T: Draw 2 cards
4 sacrifice ~: Draw 4 cards
Even now we still find Urza's secrets

make a white elemental

Zaydos
2015-02-10, 03:45 PM
Urza's Lockbox 4
Artifact - R
2T: Draw 2 cards
4 sacrifice ~: Draw 4 cards
Even now we still find Urza's secrets

Would work as Draw 1 card, and maybe with a lower number of cards on the sac, but as is it's really underpriced for 1 sided repeatable draw 2, alternatively make it "Each player draws 2 cards". The sac is 8 mana total but you get the one-sided draw probably at least once, so it should probably cost a bit more.

make a white elemental

Peacewing 3W
Creature - Elemental U
Flash, Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield prevent all combat damage which would be dealt by creatures until end of turn.
Evoke 1W (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
1/3

Challenge: Blue elemental.

mystic1110
2015-02-10, 03:50 PM
Fog elemental? I like it - well balanced.

Doubt Elemental 1U
Creature - Elemental U
Flash, Flying
When ~ ETB counter target spell unless its controller pays 2. If that spell is countered this way, put it on top of its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard.
1/2

Create a card that hates on elementals

thatonesungod
2015-02-10, 03:55 PM
uhhh no, see dawnfluke (http://magiccards.info/lw/en/12.html) which is the same cost to full cast, no power, and one less evoke cost, but prevents 3 damage, even at uncommon that's way too strong, maybe its okay at rare, but then its kind of a letdown

Siezed thought 1U
Creature-Elemental C
When seized thought enters, the battlefield tap target creature
When seized thought leaves the battlefield draw a card
Evoke-1U
1/1

make a red elemental

r2d2go
2015-02-11, 03:38 AM
And you were calling the Mana Leak-on-a-flier a poor rarity match. This is probably too much text and complexity for a common, not to mention the good flexibility and power for low cost. It'd be a great uncommon though :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Nevermind, you were just Ninja'd and left it! Though still. Zaydos's prevents the damage that everything does. Fog and it's white counterpart is a much better comparison.

As to Mana Leak-on-a-Flier, that's overpowered by a considerable amount. Think about it, a 1/2 flash flying is probably worth 1-2 mana, a pseudo-mana leak is another two mana. This should cost at least 1UU, if not 3U or 2UU.

Spark Lighter RR
Creature - Elemental U
Haste
When ~ enters or leaves the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player and 1 damage to its controller.
Evoke R
1/1

Compare to Forked Bolt - same as the evoke without self-damage.

And, for the elemental hate...

Blitz-Clone Weird 1UR
Creature - Weird R
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may imprint target elemental or weird. If you do, ~ becomes a copy of that creature except that it has haste.
At the beginning of each upkeep, return the imprinted creature to the battlefield under its owner's control. You may the return ~ to your hand.
0/0

Note that this leaves the returned creature with summoning sickness, IIRC.

Challenge: Something else that pings (deals 1 damage). Bonus points if you can beat the 4/5 pings for 2 mana ratio :smalltongue:

ezkajii
2015-02-11, 12:18 PM
Interesting card, I like the idea of imprinting an elemental token of some kind; I don't know how exactly you could make use of that but i'm sure there's something there.

Mana Mirror Golem 1
Artifact Creature - Golem - U
Mana Mirror Golem's color identity matches the color of the mana used to play it. Whenever another player casts a spell whose color identity partially or completely matches Mana Mirror Golem's, Mana Mirror Golem deals 1 damage to that player.
0/1

Challenge: An unusual undead of some kind

Zaydos
2015-02-11, 12:27 PM
Mana Mirror Golem 1
Artifact Creature - Golem - U
Mana Mirror Golem's color identity matches the color of the mana used to play it. Whenever another player casts a spell whose color identity partially or completely matches Mana Mirror Golem's, Mana Mirror Golem deals 1 damage to that player.
0/1

Probably doesn't need to mention color identity but instead "Mana Mirror Golem is whatever color of mana was used to play it. Whenever another player casts a spell of the same color, Mana Mirror Golem deals 1 damage to that player." Color identity gets awkward out of Commander.

Challenge: An unusual undead of some kind

Rotten Rat 1BB
Creature - Rat Zombie U
Deathtouch
When ~ attacks and is not blocked it gains +2/+0 until end of turn.
Unearth 1B (1B: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step or if it would leave the battlefield. Unearth only as a sorcery.)
1/1

Challenge: Make an undead treefolk.

CantigThimble
2015-02-11, 01:52 PM
Hmm, interesting. However I think this should just be a 3/1 because it already has deathtouch, the difference only matters when your X/1 gets multiple blocked for some reason and reduced complexity is always nice. Seems like a strong card otherwise.

Rotwood Summoner 2GB
Creature - Zombie Treefolk U
When ~ enters the battlefield put X 1/1 green saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
1/4

Make a card that interacts with an evergreen keyword. (Flying, vigilance, trample ect.)

ezkajii
2015-02-11, 02:18 PM
That's a really solid card; I could see building a deck around it, even. Also very nice name, I can just imagine the artwork for that card now.

Their Strength Is My Speed 2RG
Enchantment - Aura - U
Enchanted creature has +1/+1.
If enchanted creature's controller also controls a creature with trample, enchanted creature gains first strike.
If enchanted creature's controller also controls two or more creatures with trample, enchanted creature instead gains double strike.
If enchanted creature's controller also controls four or more creatures with trample, enchanted creature also gains deathtouch.

Challenge: A big creature that's equally black and green.

r2d2go
2015-02-11, 04:29 PM
It's interesting, but it's probably not worth 4 mana. Doublestrike is worth 3 or so, and you're unlikely to get the Deathtouch (which, by the way, isn't very "speed").

Splinterlord 4GB
Creature - Elemental M
At the beginning of your upkeep, put the top five cards of your library into your graveyard. Then, sacrifice ~ unless you exile five cards from your graveyard.
Creatures you control have power and toughness equal the number of creatures in your graveyard and Trample.
*/*

See Splinterfright (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=splinterfright) which is more G/B than G, IMO :smalltongue:

Challenge: Something else based on an existing card.

thatonesungod
2015-02-11, 08:44 PM
that seems, pretty ****ty, it keeps your creatures stable with some chance for growth, but if anyone blows out your graveyard your field dies :smallfrown:

Betrayal of the Black rose 4BB
Instant R
Will of the council - when you cast ~ starting with you each player votes for assassination or mutiny, if assassination gets more votes destroy target creature you dont control with the largest power, if mutiny gets more votes or the vote is tied each player discards their hand, then exiles their graveyard

make something awesome

r2d2go
2015-02-11, 11:35 PM
Betrayal is pretty terrible. Each opponent discards their hand and exiles their grave is not good (Mind Sludge costs less and generally makes an opponent discard their hand), especially as Black has graveyard interaction, while restricted 4BB to kill a thing is terrible as well. This could probably cost 2BB, since it's not actually flexible, due to the vote - It could probably be a 4BB uncommon if you just chose one.

You clearly haven't played against enough graveyard interaction :smalltongue: It's not supposed to be randomly thrown into a G/B draft deck (though it's okay there), it's supposed to make your entire board 10/10 tramples.

Awe's Ascendant 1WU
Creature - Spirit U
Level Up (W/U)
Level 0 - 2/2, Flying
Level 3-6 - 3/3, Flying, T - Target creature becomes 1/1 until end of turn.
Level 7+ - 4/4, Flying, T - Other creatures become 1/1 until end of turn.

See Godhead of Awe (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=godhead+of+awe)

Challenge: Another level up card. Bonus points for making it based on another one of the Shadowmoor Spirit Avatars.

Jormengand
2015-02-12, 12:37 PM
Eh, I guess? Incidentally, you know that...

"The abilities a leveler grants to itself don't overwrite any other abilities it may have. In particular, they don't overwrite the creature's level up ability; it always has that."

So you don't need to say that it has flying each time - just as well, because the 3-6 tap ability might be better than the 7+ one depending on situation. Also, it's probably easier to cast the real thing than pay double the mana (and you can't play it in monocoloured) for an imitation that has to tap to do anything.

Palanquin of Solitude {W/P}{W/P}{W/P}{W/P}{W/P}
Creature - Spirit Avatar R
Level Up {W/P}
T, remove five level counters from Palanquin of Solitude: Revivify (Return a card you own from exile to your hand.)
T, remove five level counters from Palanquin of Solitude: Exile target creature.
4/4

Next: Something else dual-coloured but playable in one colour.

CantigThimble
2015-02-12, 01:38 PM
Actually, if you look at coral helm commander they list every ability every level, regardless of necessity for the sake of simplicity.

That creature doesn't have level up, the essential characteristic of level up is increasing abilities or stats that don't go away and it doesn't have that, they should be charge counters or something similar. It seems fine otherwise, though I still don't like using exile as 'just another zone'.

Ruthless Tactician 3W
Creature - Orc Warrior
B, Sacrifice a Creature: Tap up to two target creatures. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Orcish tactics may be brutal, but never say they aren't subtle too.
3/3

Make an ally. (Allies trigger effects whenever they or other allies enter the battlefield or have abilities based on the number of allies you control.)

Zaydos
2015-02-12, 01:48 PM
Ruthless Tactician 3W
Creature - Orc Warrior
B, Sacrifice a Creature: Tap up to two target creatures. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Orcish tactics may be brutal, but never say they aren't subtle too.
3/3

Needs a rarity. Wouldn't be a great card, but could see print as a common or uncommon.

Make an ally. (Allies trigger effects whenever they or other allies enter the battlefield or have abilities based on the number of allies you control.)

Depthdweller Loremaster 2UU
Creature - Merfolk Wizard Ally R
Whenever ~ or another ally enters the battlefield under your control you may draw a card.
2/2

Challenge: Make a menhir of some sort.

thatonesungod
2015-02-12, 01:52 PM
WTH is a menhir?

Zaydos
2015-02-12, 01:53 PM
A standing stone.

CantigThimble
2015-02-12, 01:54 PM
WTH is a menhir?

Here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Menhir) you go. :P

thatonesungod
2015-02-12, 02:00 PM
there is a card that already, exists i dont remember what its called but i own it and its that as a 1/3 for 3 mana so....

Obelisk of Shadows 4B
Artifact R
Creatures are black in addition to their other colors

make a slime

ezkajii
2015-02-12, 03:58 PM
Pretty simple, maybe like a single mana over cost? But I don't really know for sure.

Arcana Slime 3UU
Creature - Ooze C
Whenever a player casts a sorcery, if it is not countered, put a +1/+1 counter on Arcana Slime.
Some being have learned to feed themselves on our magical leftovers.
1/1

Challenge: A creature that combines two (pref. unlikely) creature types

Jormengand
2015-02-12, 04:36 PM
That is... actually really odd rules-wise, and I'm not sure how actions on the stack resolve, so that might not even work - the ability may resolve before anyone even has a chance to counter it, because I'm not sure it uses the stack.

Anyway, whatever. It works, I guess. But in blue, why not instants too?

Foes in Mind UUURRR
Creature - Illusion Dragon R
Flying, Haste
When you draw a card, you may deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
When an instant or sorcery spell you control deals damage, you may put the top card of your library into your hand.
4/4

Foes in Body PPPGGG
Creature - Purgator Wurm R
Judgement, Trample.
When you exile a creature, you may have target opponent put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
When you put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control, you may have target opponent exile target creature they control.
4/4

Foes in Soul WWWBBB
Creature - Angel Demon R
Lifelink, Intimidate
When you gain life, you may have target opponent lose the same amount of life.
When an opponent takes damage, you may have your life total become your current life total plus X, where X is the amount of damage they took.
4/4

Yes, clunky wording is clunky. I couldn't think of a better way of doing it.

Next: An artifact creature, or idol, or equipment, or more than one.

thatonesungod
2015-02-12, 04:58 PM
ok, why not just draw a card, the second ability only triggers on instants and sorcerys, that one is easier than the other two in my opinion
seriously though whenever you put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control you may have target Opponent exile target creature They control?.?!?11?!

Dancing Blade 4
Artifact-Equipment U
Living Weapon
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
0: put a 0/0 black germ creature token onto the battlefield and attach dancing blade to it
Equip 2

make something else inspired from d&d

Jormengand
2015-02-12, 05:19 PM
ok, why not just draw a card

Dancing Blade 4
Artifact-Equipment U
Living Weapon
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
0: put a 0/0 black germ creature token onto the battlefield and attach dancing blade to it
Equip 2

make something else inspired from d&d

I didn't want either ability to trigger the other.

Uhm... you realise that anyone with a "When a creature enters the battlefield under your control" ability is going to have a field day with this? If you made the 0 ability a tap ability, it'd be fine.

Disjunction 2UU
Instant - R
Choose one:
- Nonland permanents have silenced until end of turn. (They lose all abilities except silenced, and their auras and equipment have no effect except granting silenced)
- Destroy target artifact.

Next: Something else based on the mechanics of something from another game.

CantigThimble
2015-02-12, 05:42 PM
Seems reasonable, but it needs to be red or white, mono-blue never destroys artifacts, that's one of the few limitations blue still has.

Monsterous Rampage 2GGRR
Sorcery R (Un)
Roll 6 dice. For each 1, 2 or 3 you roll put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. For each 4 you roll gain 4 life. For each 5 you roll add 2 mana to your mana pool in any combination of colors. For each 6 you roll deal 3 damage to target creature.

I'm not sure if the die rolling requires it to be Un or not.
Based off of King of Tokyo, coincedentally also designed by Richard Garfield.

Make a card that interacts with Demons.

mystic1110
2015-02-12, 05:47 PM
I have no clue if silenced would work. 1) it has severe memory issues 2) "and their" doesn't have a meaning in the game - At best i think you can get away with (Silenced creature, and all auras and equipment attached to it, lose all abilities.)

I don't know still a lot of memory issues - and a lot of rules text. . . almost as much as protection.

That said - i think the card is pretty weak. Silencing everything isn't that strong, especially since combat tricks still work. Also with equipment, they can detach it and reattach it . . . even under your wording that equipment will grant bonuses again.

maybe to combat memory issues and the above problem. . .

(To silence a Permanent, place a silence counter on them. Permanents with silence counters on them have no abilities. Auras and equipment attached to Permanents with silence counters on them, lose all abilities.)

Also blue doesn't get destroy artifacts.

Can't think Anymore 5B
Sorcery
Target Player discards a card. If he or she does not, that player loses the game.

Based on the mechanics of one of the ways to win in Netrunner (if a player has to discard, but can't they lose)

create a Commander with the words "command zone" in the rules text.

braveheart
2015-02-12, 07:16 PM
@CantigThimble, Most of the time random effects are just bad overall, but seeing that the abilities are all positive and the mana cost is low for the total effect, it may just be a good card, and as an unglued card it's fine

@Mystic, that is a scary way to kill someone

time to do both challenges

Rag'Othun, The Demon Summoner 4BBB
Creature - Human Wizard - R
When ~ is cast from the Command Zone you may search your Library for a Demon Creature Card, reveal it and put it in your hand, or you may put a Demon Creature into play from your hand.
Reduce the Casting Cost of Demon Creatures by (2)
3/4

make a Demon

Zaydos
2015-02-12, 07:23 PM
Rag'Othun, The Demon Summoner 4BBB
Creature - Human Wizard - R
When ~ is cast from the Command Zone you may search your Library for a Demon Creature Card, reveal it and put it in your hand, or you may put a Demon Creature into play from your hand.
Reduce the Casting Cost of Demon Creatures by (2)
3/4

Should be a six drop and even then wouldn't be particularly strong. And the command zone thing is awkward but challenge required.

make a Demon

Lord of Madness 4BB
Creature - Demon R
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep each opponent must discard a card. For each creature discarded this way put a 3/3 black Demon creature with flying onto the battlefield.
5/5

Challenge: Demon lord.

Jormengand
2015-02-12, 07:38 PM
That's giving you card advantage and 3/3 fliers. That should probably cost one more.

Khorne, Lord of Skulls 4BBRR
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demon God MR
Indestructible
If your devotion to red and black is less than 8, Khorne isn't a creature.
Red creatures you control get Haste.
If you control four demon gods with different names, you win the game.
8/8

Next: Another big creature.

thatonesungod
2015-02-12, 07:44 PM
without seeing other demon gods its hard to judge, giving just red stuff haste is meh

Cuddlefish of Cthulu 3B
Creature-Monster Fish C
~ doesn’t untap during its controllers untap step
3B: untap ~
4/4

its from stumpt plays crawl

make a fish

mystic1110
2015-02-12, 07:45 PM
GAH - SUPER NINJAD :smallfrown:

I like it. Good demon - but for some reason. . . . I always like my demons with more Drawbacks

Mezz't, The Pact Maker 1BB
Legendary Creature - Demon M
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may have an opponent gains control of ~
If you would draw a card, reveals it instead. Then any opponent may pay 2 life. If an opponent does, put that card into your graveyard. Otherwise, draw a card.
Mortals don't understand. Whomever we help. . . we ruin all. Only Demon-kind grows stronger for each deal dealt.
5/5

Create a fallen angel

spikeof2010
2015-02-12, 08:43 PM
Ahehehe. I'd see that being useful near end game. Or if I'm playing a white black deck.

Azchar the Torn 3BR

Legendary Creature - Angel - M

Battalion - When ~ attacks, all creatures you control attacking gain life link.

BB - Creature you control gains death touch.

1B - Target creature loses flight until your next turn.

3/3

I came clawing back with the bones of my wings.

Make a malevolent horror.

Zaydos
2015-02-13, 12:08 AM
Azchar the Torn 3BR

Legendary Creature - M

Battalion - When ~ attacks, all creatures attacking gain life link.

BB - Creature you control gains death touch.

1B - Target creature loses flight until your next turn.

I came clawing back with the bones of my wings.

Need subtype(s), needs Power/Toughness. Is it supposed to be "creatures you control" or "target creature you control"?

Make a malevolent horror.

Predator from Beyond 2BB
Creature - Horror U
When ~ enters the battlefield you may exile target creature with power less than or equal to ~'s power.
2/2

Challenge: Make something Green.

Blue Ghost
2015-02-13, 12:28 AM
Simple uncommon removal. Might be more relevant in some formats than others. Fulfills its purpose well enough.

Elder Bael 2GG
Creature - Spider (U)
Reach
When a creature dealt damage this turn by Elder Bael dies, put a 1/1 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.
2/4

Next: Make an egg.

r2d2go
2015-02-13, 01:02 AM
Simple uncommon removal. Might be more relevant in some formats than others. Fulfills its purpose well enough.

Elder Bael 2GG
Creature - Spider (U)
Reach
When a creature dealt damage this turn by Elder Bael dies, put a 1/1 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.
2/4

Next: Make an egg.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that ability is more of a vampire/black thing. It works, though :smalltongue: a decent uncommon.

Nerubian Egg 2G
Creature - Spider U
Defender
When ~ dies, put a 4/4 spider token onto the battlefield.
0/2

Actually, this could be a cycle, with Dragon Egg (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370660)...

Challenge: Another creature with defender. Bonus points for one in the "egg" cycle noted above.

Fortuna
2015-02-13, 07:21 AM
Strong. That's some really solid, splashable value. Limited will love it. I don't know that it might not want to go down to a 3/3 token.

Dream Egg 2U
Creature - Illusion R
Defender
Whenever Dream Egg becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.
When Dream Egg dies, if it wasn't sacrificed, put a 5/5 blue Illusion creature into play with "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it".
0/1

Make an Eldrazi-related instant, sorcery, artifact or enchantment. It must be colourless, and can have only one type. (Remember, Tribal is deprecated tech - don't use it.)

mystic1110
2015-02-13, 09:03 AM
That's a lot of hoops to jump through just for a 5/5 with a drawback. . . . I would hate to open up that rare :smallfrown:

Kozilek's Perversion B
Instant R
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 9 or more from your graveyard to the battlefield.

(remember you can respond to Eldrazi grave triggers - 9 or more was to make it unworkable with usual reanimator targets like grizzy and the praetors)

Create a Barbarian Bear

CantigThimble
2015-02-13, 11:53 AM
Waaaaaay op. Needs a drawback of some kind, maybe sacrifice some permanents as an additional cost? That's pretty eldrazi.

Bladebane Vanguard 1G
Creature - Human Barbarian U
Whenever a creature blocks or becomes blocked by ~ that creature loses first strike and double strike until end of turn.
G: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn, activate this ability only once each turn.
2/2
Warriors of the Bladebane clan cover themselves in thick scars and Druidic tattoos, rendering their flesh as tough as bark.

Make a creature with the subtype bear.

braveheart
2015-02-13, 12:44 PM
nice I like the negation of first and double strike, it seems very useful when it would come up, and otherwise its just a nice uncommon

Sir Bearington 1W
Creature - Bear Human - U (unglued)
If an opponent calls Sir Bearington a Bear they must sacrifice a creature for insulting the noble Sir Bearington
"But he's a bear"
2/2

Make something that is funny

Jormengand
2015-02-13, 01:30 PM
Decent Un-card, but should the noble Sir Bearington not be legendary?

BEARS BEARS BEARS 1{R/G}
Creature - Bear bear bear R
Trample, haste
Cumulative upkeep - Shout "BEARS" in a manly voice.
BEARS BEARS BEARS
2/2

Next: Make a bear that's not a bear or a bear that's not a bear.

r2d2go
2015-02-13, 02:14 PM
It's alright, 2/2 trample haste for 2 with hilarity :smalltongue: maybe only uncommon worthy?

Er... so you mean, a 2/2 for 2 that is not creature type bear, or a creature type bear that's not a 2/2 for 2? I can do that...

Veteran Druid GG
Creature - Elf U
~ enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter.
T - Add G to your mana pool.
Remove a -1/-1 counter from ~: Untap ~.
2/2

Challenge: The other kind of bear not-bear :smalltongue:

thatonesungod
2015-02-13, 02:19 PM
its 5 mana on turn two, but still vulnerable to shock so seems dece

Angry Bear 2UG
Creature-Bear U
UG: ~ gains flying until the end of turn
3/2

make a bear, thats a bear, but is also a fishtopus

Jormengand
2015-02-13, 02:28 PM
Angry doesn't scream blue or flying to me, but I guess it's okay? I mean, I'd rather just give it flying, honestly.

Improbable Combinations 2WUG
Creature - Fishtopus Owlbear Landshark R (Un)
Improbable Combinations has all the card text of all other permanents.
Unfortunately, V's "Ducksnake" didn't make it in this time.
3/3

Next: Something sensible! :smalltongue:

thatonesungod
2015-02-13, 02:31 PM
just a comment, its an angry birds refrence also you're missing p/t

Zaydos
2015-02-13, 02:38 PM
Improbable Combinations 2WUG
Creature - Fishtopus Owlbear Landshark R (Un)
Improbable Combinations has all the card text of all other permanents.
Unfortunately, V's "Ducksnake" didn't make it in this time.

Needs P/T, probably higher cost since this is Kraj's ability on some sort of drug (though with the potential to get screwed over but that requires a deck built to screw you over).

Next: Something sensible! :smalltongue:

Avenging Wolf 1G
Creature - Wolf U
Whenever a creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2
As its pack falls its anger grows.

(should be leagues weaker than champion of the parish at least, though usable in BG sacrifice effects)

Challenge: Make something not bear related in any way.

ezkajii
2015-02-13, 02:39 PM
Avenging Wolf is profoundly sensible. Well done! And a solid uncommon. For something completely not-bear related:

Dark Harvest 3BBBB
Sorcery - R
Destroy all creatures. For each creature destroyed this way, draw a card.

Challenge: Another board-wipe with an additional effect.

mystic1110
2015-02-13, 02:52 PM
I miss the days of MB control :smallfrown: - this would have been good in it.

War's Spite WR
Sorcery R
Destroy all creatures. At the beginning of your next end step, you lose the game.

Create a non-creature card that does not produce tokens.

thatonesungod
2015-02-13, 02:56 PM
its, bad but cornercases

also, make noncreature no tokens, so any spell ever

Spellshield UU
Instant U
Counter target spell that would deal damage to you or a creature you control

make an unusual shield

Jormengand
2015-02-13, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure that the counter is allowed to look at the spell to see what it, hypothetically, would do before deciding whether or not to counter it - what about "Choose one" spells?

Throwing Shield 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equip 2
Equipped creature gets +0/+4 and "Sacrifice Throwing Shield: This creature deals 3 damage to target creature or player".

Next: An unusual weapon. Like not a sword, axe, hammer, spear... something interesting!

Zaydos
2015-02-13, 03:09 PM
Throwing Shield 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equip 2
Equipped creature gets +0/+4 and "Sacrifice Throwing Shield: This creature deals 3 damage to target creature or player".

Colorless burn usually caps at damage < CMC where this is two instances of 2 it's still cheap for a colorless lightning bolt and should probably be 3 mana to play or equip. Actually checking gatherer I'm wrong. It should probably be at least 4 mana. To illustrate recent card with 3 damage and no colored mana (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373514) and another (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373514) both of these are worse and cost more for the same rarity.

Next: An unusual weapon. Like not a sword, axe, hammer, spear... something interesting!

Entangling Net 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equip 2
Equipped creature gains First Strike and whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature tap that creature and it gets -X/+0 until end of turn where X is the damage dealt. That creature does not untap during its controller's next untap step.

(was going to be a kusari-gama but M:tG already had one)

Challenge: Make a warrior.

braveheart
2015-02-13, 03:29 PM
Interesting, but at uncommon it should probably cost 1 more to equip or cast, although it would probably be good as is if it were rare

Fighter Slime 2G
Creature - Ooze warrior - U
whenever ~ becomes blocked it gains +1/+1 per creature blocking it
1/2

make something black

Jormengand
2015-02-13, 03:46 PM
Huh. I guess it works; it does what it does. Give it trample and laugh. If you can sneak must be blocked and can't be blocked except by more than three creatures on it, go ahead and have a good giggle, but probably not worth.

Pot of Black Paint 2
Artifact U (Un)
T: Put a paint counter on target permanent.
Permanents with paint counters are black in addition to their other colours.
He doused them in paint,

Pot of White Paint 2
Artifact U (Un)
Permanents with paint counters are white in addition to their other colours.
There once was a man from The Hague,

Pot of Blue Paint 2
Artifact U (Un)
Permanents with paint counters are blue in addition to their other colours.
Who thought that his clothes were quite vague,

Pot of Red Paint 2
Artifact U (Un)
Permanents with paint counters are red in addition to their other colours.
People thought he was quaint,

Pot of Green Paint 2
Artifact U (Un)
Permanents with paint counters are green in addition to their other colours.
And avoided him like he was the plague.

Next: Make something that causes a player to win something that isn't the game.

mystic1110
2015-02-13, 03:47 PM
EDIT - DAMN it. . . I'm slow . . . get ninjad all the time

Till end of turn?

Corpseapult 1B
Enchantment
Exile 2 creature cards from your graveyard: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn, and its controller loses 1 life.

Create a white card with madness

thatonesungod
2015-02-13, 03:54 PM
alright, black paint is cool, but not paticularly usefull

winning:

Still Alive 3GW
Sorcery R (Un)
You lose the game, then the player who won the game bakes you a cake

because if getting a cake isn't winning what is??

@mystic seems sweet tech in dredge or graveyard matters decks

Zealous Accuzation 5W
Instant R
Choose one
-Destroy each attacking creature
or
-Destroy each blocking creature
Madness 1W(if you discard this card you may instead cast it for its madness cost)

make a refrence

Jormengand
2015-02-13, 04:09 PM
Still alive is funny, Zealous Accusation seems odd, since you want to have something to discard it at just the right time. It's not terrible, I guess.

Refer to Authority W
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a creature you control. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to that creature this turn.

Refer to Wisdom U
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a creature they control and returns it to their hand.

Refer to Power B
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a card in your graveyard. Put it into your hand.

Refer to Transcendence P
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a card you own in exile. Put it into your hand.

Refer to Experience R
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses themself, an ally or a creature they control. Refer to Experience deals 3 damage to that creature or player.

Refer to Enlightenment G
Instant - R
Target opponent searches your library for a land card. Put that land card onto the battlefield tapped under your control.

Next: Another card that gives an opponent a choice.

Zaydos
2015-02-13, 04:21 PM
Refer to Authority W
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a creature you control. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to that creature this turn.

Refer to Wisdom U
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a creature they control and returns it to their hand.

Refer to Power B
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a card in your graveyard. Put it into your hand.

Refer to Transcendence P
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses a card you own in exile. Put it into your hand.

Refer to Experience R
Instant - R
Target opponent chooses themself, an ally or a creature they control. Refer to Experience deals 3 damage to that creature or player.

Refer to Enlightenment G
Instant - R
Target opponent searches your library for a land card. Put that land card onto the battlefield tapped under your control.

I think Shielded Passage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=366332) is stronger at a common; I mean this has an advantage if you are using Shroud but other than that. This would work as a common, if not a great one.

The rest of the cycle... Refer to Wisdom is again very niche (it bounces hexproof) and could be a common, Refer to Power could be a common and a really neat one, Refer to Transcendence is flat better than Refer to Power (you are liable to have fewer exiled cards, cards are balanced with the idea that it's harder/impossible to get them back from exile), Refer to Experience shouldn't allow ally since it doesn't mean anything in a rules sense (you could say another player on the same team but that's just awkward) and probably works again as a common or uncommon. Refer to Enlightenment is significantly stronger than the rest of the cycle since in a mono-colored deck it's 1 drop instant Rampant Growth and probably needs to be reworked (better would be 1G instant Cultivate where opponent picks).

Next: Another card that gives an opponent a choice.

Corrupt Magic BU
Instant U
Counter target spell unless its controller discards a card.

Challenge: Dance!

Fortuna
2015-02-13, 05:52 PM
That's a lot of hoops to jump through just for a 5/5 with a drawback. . . . I would hate to open up that rare :smallfrown:

Kozilek's Perversion B
Instant R
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 9 or more from your graveyard to the battlefield.

(remember you can respond to Eldrazi grave triggers - 9 or more was to make it unworkable with usual reanimator targets like grizzy and the praetors)

Create a Barbarian Bear

I did specify that it had to be colourless, you know. :smalltongue:

I think Shielded Passage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=366332) is stronger at a common; I mean this has an advantage if you are using Shroud but other than that. This would work as a common, if not a great one.

The rest of the cycle... Refer to Wisdom is again very niche (it bounces hexproof) and could be a common, Refer to Power could be a common and a really neat one, Refer to Transcendence is flat better than Refer to Power (you are liable to have fewer exiled cards, cards are balanced with the idea that it's harder/impossible to get them back from exile), Refer to Experience shouldn't allow ally since it doesn't mean anything in a rules sense (you could say another player on the same team but that's just awkward) and probably works again as a common or uncommon. Refer to Enlightenment is significantly stronger than the rest of the cycle since in a mono-colored deck it's 1 drop instant Rampant Growth and probably needs to be reworked (better would be 1G instant Cultivate where opponent picks).

Corrupt Magic BU
Instant U
Counter target spell unless its controller discards a card.

Challenge: Dance!

Blech? Most days this reads 'target opponent discards a card' as a timing-restricted instant for two. Not worth it. It gets good if your opponent goes into topdeck mode, but only if you have it at the right time. Also, instant-speed discard, even timing-restricted, feels a bit iffy to me.

War Dancer 2WW
Creature - Human Shaman R
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may have target creature get -1/-0 until end of turn.
3/3

Back to the ol' standby: CMC 1 green instant or sorcery that makes a creature bigger and has a brand-new keyword, keyword action or ability word on it.

r2d2go
2015-02-13, 09:23 PM
I did specify that it had to be colourless, you know. :smalltongue:

Blech? Most days this reads 'target opponent discards a card' as a timing-restricted instant for two. Not worth it. It gets good if your opponent goes into topdeck mode, but only if you have it at the right time. Also, instant-speed discard, even timing-restricted, feels a bit iffy to me.

War Dancer 2WW
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may have target creature get -1/-0 until end of turn.
3/3

Back to the ol' standby: CMC 1 green instant or sorcery that makes a creature bigger and has a brand-new keyword, keyword action or ability word on it.

Maybe discard two? Makes it a slightly cheaper counter/discard at the cost of two colors and giving your opponent the choice.

War Dancer is pretty strong, but not overly so. It has immediate board effect, lets you white-weenie your guys past most anything, and unlike most anthem buffs lets you tromp past big enemies (instead of just increasing damage output). Overall good, though I might lower it's P/T by a point somewhere.

War-Cry (R/G)
Instant - U
Target creature gets Enrage 4 until end of turn. (Prevent the first 4 points of combat damage that creature would take. That creature deals 1 damage to target creature blocking it for each point of damage prevented.)

I like that better as a Gruul keyword :smalltongue: It would be "Enrage X - Prevent the first X points of damage ~ would take each turn. It gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each point of damage prevented" on creatures, I think...

Challenge: Something else new.

Fortuna
2015-02-14, 02:07 AM
The trouble is that damage is dealt simultaneously, which means that most of the time, the second part of Enrage won't matter. I'm not sure how best to resolve this, but it most definitely is a problem.

Corpse Curse 1BB
Sorcery - R
Put a Night token into play, then any number of target players sacrifice a creature.
Unhallow - If a Night token is in play, instead exile it and choose for each player up to one target creature that player controls. Those creatures' controllers sacrifice them.

Make a blob.

r2d2go
2015-02-14, 03:14 AM
I guess other spells make Night tokens, so you get the synergy pretty frequently, making this pretty decent removal - potentially targeted and unstoppable.

@Enrage: Hm, you're right. Maybe make it "Prevent the first X points of combat damage ~ would take each turn. For each point of damage prevented, deal 1 damage to target creature blocking ~."

Recycling Ooze 1B
Creature - Ooze R
B - Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, put a 1/1 black Skeleton token onto the battlefield and lose 1 life.
Its creator prefers "Recycling" to "Reanimating".
2/2

Challenge: Another sort of colorshifted card.

greymerchant
2015-02-14, 04:31 AM
Reflux R
instant U
return target creature to hand
"Now that back where is should be, shall we proceed?"

Challenge: card with rebound

Edit: that reminds me of scavenging ooze(maybe morr exact like but different color and effect). Great in limited but in constructed might be in side board for mirror matches or support.

@random_person I apologize. I totally forgot ( 24hr duty @[email protected]).

Fortuna
2015-02-14, 06:13 AM
You're supposed to offer critique. It's an important part of the game. Please don't ignore it.

Initially, I was going to complain that bounce is not a red ability. On reflection, though, I can see the reasoning, imagine an alternate world where it is true. A good call, in other words, even if it couldn't be printed today.

Madness of the Mighty 2BB
Sorcery - R
The player with the most cards in hand discards three cards.
Rebound

Make a burn spell!

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 09:14 AM
That is really nasty - causes a player to discard 3 cards and slightly situational, and because you don't have to rebound it (it can just sit in exile, much good may it do you) you don't actually run any risk from it.

Aetherflame 3RP
Instant - U
Aetherflame deals 3 damage to each creature and each player.
Second Wind - If you've cast another spell this turn, Aetherflame deals 3 damage to each opponent and each creature they control and 2 damage to each other player and each creature they control instead.
The problem was that you needed another spell to direct the flames. That meant more burning things. Johannas Waize was okay with that.

Next: A burn spell, but that doesn't literally burn things.

Ionbound
2015-02-14, 11:44 AM
Hmm...Seems on-curve for similar spells. Gets a penalty for being purple, though...Can we lay off of that?

Charged Pulse-0

Sorcery-R

Charged Pulse is red

XR-Suspend X

~ does one damage for every time counter removed from ~.

Challenge: Create a legendary card with Transform.

Zaydos
2015-02-14, 11:56 AM
Charged Pulse-0

Sorcery-R

Charged Pulse is red

XR-Suspend X

~ does one damage for every time counter removed from ~.

Do you mean "Whenever a time counter is removed from ~ it deals 1 damage to target creature or player" or "When you cast Charged Pulse it deals X damage to target creature or player"? The first is interesting, but should be an uncommon (for complexity) and while it has good aspects (uncounterable, unstoppable Tim for X turns) it is not super strong (you pay X to get it; it's not like some which have been 3 mana for the Timming the rest of the game with no means of ending it) and it is timing restricted. The other is just a worst Blaze and has memory issues.

Challenge: Create a legendary card with Transform.

Brash Recruit W
Creature - Human Soldier R
At the beginning of your upkeep put a Age Counter on Brash Recruit then if it has 3 or more Age Counters on it you may transform it.
1/1

Talvrin, Veteran of Whitespur
(white color indicator) Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First Strike
Whenever ~ would be dealt damage prevent X damage where X is the number of Age Counters on ~.
3/3

Challenge: Make a goblin.

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 12:04 PM
Huh. Fairly decent, I suppose.

Reckless Rocketeer 3R
Creature - Goblin U
Haste
5/2

Next: Something with One Eye Open - When you draw a card, (do X).

thatonesungod
2015-02-14, 04:29 PM
i mean, its fine, not very goblinlike, for such a basic card i would like some flavor text but its fine

Emergent Tactics 3WUR
Enchantment R
Creatures you control have Prowess(whenever you cast a noncreature spell they get +1/+1 until end of turn)
One Eye Open-whenever you draw a card choose a card in your hand, then your opponent guesses the card type, if they guess incorrectly you may cast that card without paying its mana cost until the end of your turn

make a bakery

r2d2go
2015-02-14, 05:39 PM
That's insane. Like, seriously, seriously nuts. The fact that you need 6 mana out to use it puts a damper on things, but the fact that you suddenly get a 75%+ chance of casting anything you draw for free? This is dangerously close to Omniscience for 6, on top of an extra synergetic buff. This needs to cost a lot more.

Enticing Bakery 3
Artifact R
T, 3 - Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
T, BBB, discard a card - Exile target creature and attach it to ~.
Return 2 creatures exiled with ~ to their owners graveyard: Transform ~.
I wonder what these are made of?

Nightmare Bakery
Artifact Creature - R
T - Target player loses 2 life for each card exiled attached to ~.
...oh.

Challenge: Something else horrific.

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure that attach is a thing you can do, but it's not a thing you need to do either. That said, I'm not sure that the transformed version counts as the same thing as the other, so it wouldn't actually do anything.

Merchant of Time BBBB
Sorcery - R
As an additional cost to cast Merchant of Time, pay half your life rounding up.
Take another turn after this one.

Those who get the reference will know that it is pretty horrific. :smalltongue:

Next: Something which protects people.

thatonesungod
2015-02-14, 06:19 PM
i do not get the reference, but card seems not very good half your life and 4 mana for one turn is still good but... ehh

Taking Cover 2W
Enchantment-Aura U
Enchanted Creature gets +0/+1 for each basic land you control and +0/+2 for each nonbasic land you control
GET DOWN

make a shop

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 06:28 PM
So it's easier to hide on a plateau than in a forest? :smalltongue:

Anyway, it's probably too much. By the time you can even cast it at all, it can easily be +0/+6. Later, it can be ridiculous.

Magic Mart
Land R
WT: Add BB to your mana pool.
UT: Add RR to your mana pool.
PT: Add GG to your mana pool.
BT: Add WW to your mana pool.
RT: Add UU to your mana pool.
GT: Add PP to your mana pool.

Next: Something else with a large amount of rules text.

r2d2go
2015-02-14, 08:21 PM
@critique: Transform retains attached objects (up to and including loyalty counters, +1/+1 counters, and enchantments). I suppose I said "with" and not "attached to", but if it should work fine.

Anyway, it's an interesting land, and somewhat useful, though I feel it'd be more so if it gave mana of two colors at once (e.g. Y to RG).

Kol, Rune Channeling 2RUG
Legendary Creature - Werewolf Wizard M
Defender, Trample, Hexproof, First Strike
At the beginning of your upkeep, put two loyalty counters onto ~.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, put a loyalty counter on ~.
When ~ has 7 or more loyalty counters, transform it.
4/4

Kol, Runemarked
Planeswalker - Kol M
+3 - Target creature gains trample, hexproof and first strike until end of turn.
-4 - Deal 3 damage to target creature or player, give target creature +3/+3 until end of turn, and put an enchantment token onto the battlefield with "sacrifice this token - counter target spell unless it's owner pays 3".
-15 - Transform ~. You gain an emblem with "Kol, Rune Channeling gains +15/+15 and loses Defender."

If it helps, the second form doesn't have a loyalty marker, opening a tiny bit more space :smalltongue:

Challenge: Something with no text but keywords ("French Vanilla")

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 08:28 PM
Emblems do not "Say" anything. You get an emblem with that ability.

Otherwise fine. I guess.

Decoy Conjuration 3U
Creature - Illusion U
Guardian for Creatures (When a creature you control would be the target of a spell or ability, you may change the target to ~), Shift (When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may return it to your hand and put another creature with the same or lower converted mana cost onto the battlefield which then becomes the target instead. That card cannot Shift this turn.)
0/4

Next: Make something where CMC matters.

r2d2go
2015-02-14, 08:34 PM
That seems a little bit like cheating :smalltongue: still, alright, I guess. Dodges removal and such, or redirects it to something that's immune or unharmed.

Storm of Genius 5UR
Sorcery - R
Draw and reveal a card. Deal damage to target creature or player equal to it's converted mana cost .
Storm

Challenge: Something else that draws cards. Bonus points for making the drawn card(s) do something.

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 08:42 PM
I think we already decided that was probably a bad idea, due to decks where everything is high CMC.

Edge of Infinity 1UU
Sorcery - R
Draw two cards
Conversion UUU (UUU, reveal ~ from your hand: Target spell you control becomes a copy of ~.)
"We all have all the power in the world - we can do anything we like by simply achieving omnipotence first. The opportunity for power is really the same thing as power in the first place."
- Speaker Trianna

Next: Something else with Conversion {Cost} (Cost, reveal ~ from your hand: Target spell you control becomes a copy of ~. If applicable, X is equal to the CMC of that spell)

thatonesungod
2015-02-14, 08:48 PM
i like the name soo much more than the card itself, the card is still sweet, but that name deserves better

Artillery Barrage 1RU
Sorcery U
Conversion 2RU(read the last post for the reminder text)
Each creature you control deals 1 damage to target creature or player
Blow them to smithereens
-Takao, heavy warship

make a missile

Jormengand
2015-02-14, 08:53 PM
Well... Conversion is hardly red, and that's quite a lot of damage (I think I priced the same ability at 1RR with no conversion) that you could be dealing.

Deathwind Missile
Sorcery - R
Suspend 3 - 3RR
When you take damage, put a time counter on Deathwind Missile.
Deathwind Missile deals 3 damage to each creature you don't control.

Next: Make an idol.

(It is an ARTIFACT with the IDOL subtype.
It is COLOURLESS but uses COLORED mana for its ACTIVATED ABILTITY.
It has "CCT: Energise each idol you control," where C are coloured mana. They may both be the same colours or different colours; they might be purple.
It has "When you energise ~, do something."
It might be a creature, equipment or fortification.)

Zaydos
2015-02-14, 08:57 PM
Well... Conversion is hardly red, and that's quite a lot of damage (I think I priced the same ability at 1RR with no conversion) that you could be dealing.

I'd be more worried about DD not being Blue, and Massive Raid is the same damage but worded less awkwardly (and in a less beneficial to the caster way) for 1RR.

Deathwind Missile
Sorcery - R
Suspend 3 - 3RR
When you take damage, put a time counter on Deathwind Missile.
Deathwind Missile deals 3 damage to each creature you don't control.

Should be cheaper to suspend and have a note it's Red. 3RRR gets you 4 damage to each creature you don't control. This could go down to 1R to suspend with that effect.

Next: Make an idol.

(It is an ARTIFACT with the IDOL subtype.
It is COLOURLESS but uses COLORED mana for its ACTIVATED ABILTITY.
It has "CCT: Energise each idol you control," where C are coloured mana. They may both be the same colours or different colours; they might be purple.
It has "When you energise ~, do something."
It might be a creature, equipment or fortification.)

Spiral Totem 4
Artifact - Idol U
UG, T: Energize each idol you control.
When you energize ~, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

And cause I'm bored some cards that I almost posted but would have been ninja'd.
French Vanilla:
Shimmerscale Krasis (U/G)
Creature - Snake Mutant U
Evolve, Hexproof
0/1

CMC Matters:
Aethertide Shaper 1GU
Creature - Merfolk Wizard R
Evolve
T: Put a permanent with converted mana cost equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~ onto the battlefield.
1/2

Draw cards and something else
Starwind Weird 1RUU
Creature - Weird R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery you may pay 1, if you do draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card you may reveal it, if you do and it is an instant or sorcery put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2
One part star fire, two parts the wind that howls between worlds. 100% forbidden knowledge.

And still bored so fulfilling the other challenges in the interim
Conversion
Beast Form Shift G
Instant - U
Target creature gains +2/+2 until end of turn.
Conversion: 0.
Logic: turns all your spells into bad Giant Growth, capable of swinging a combat but to get good you have to give up too much card advantage. Conversion is very similar to retrace and buyback which are available in all colors, and doesn't really have anything that intrinsically makes it a specific color

Missile
Phyexian Bombard 4
Artifact U
1(R/B), Sacrifice ~: If Red was paid for this ability deal 3 damage to target creature or player. If Black was paid for this ability destroy target land. If both were paid do both.

Challenge: Create a weird mutant thing of some sort.

Jormengand
2015-02-15, 11:39 AM
Is that so blue? I feel it would be better as GGT than UGT. Could probably get away with costing 3 if it's gonna be two colours.

Beast form shift scares me because if you have enough cards, it might end up being "When a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, you may discard your hand. If you do, that player loses the game." The fact that you're paying nothing but cards also kinda scares me.

Mutated Dreams 3UBG
Enchantment - R
Whenever a card you own enters the graveyard from anywhere, draw a card.
What we learn in life, we learn from death. What, then, do we learn from in death?

Next: Something to do with light that isn't white, dreams that isn't blue, death that isn't black, fire that isn't red or growth that isn't green.

Ionbound
2015-02-15, 11:51 AM
Seems really, really OP in BUG decks. For example, Taisgur alone gets a draw 2 tagged onto his repeatable active.

Blessed Sleep-2WW

Enchantment-U

Cards cannot leave the graveyard.

May you rest on the earth.

Challenge: Create a card that would fit into the Innistrad block.

Zaydos
2015-02-15, 12:01 PM
Blessed Sleep-2WW

Enchantment-U

Cards cannot leave the graveyard.

May you rest on the earth.

Compare Grafdigger's Cage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=278452) this is stronger in ways, but the cost is prohibitively more expensive except in limited where in a block like Innistrad it could never see print as an uncommon because of that. Probably should be WW or 1W (compare rest in peace (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=277995)) and Rare.

Challenge: Create a card that would fit into the Innistrad block.

Grey Hunter 1RG
Creature - Wolf U
Undying
As long as ~ has a +1/+1 counter on it, it gains First Strike
2/2

(pricing due to comparison to hound of griselbrand (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=240146))

Challenge: Make something about balance.

Jormengand
2015-02-15, 05:44 PM
Hmm... seems okay.

Jedi Curve 3WW
Enchantment - R (Un)
Each creature has power and toughness equal to its converted mana cost.

I'm sorry. It had to happen.

Next: Make something which counters something.

thatonesungod
2015-02-16, 11:46 AM
it did have to happen but thats not the jedi curve, well maybe it is for like white, but each color has a diffrent cost-power ratio for the jedi curve, so i guess it fails the flavor test

HOLY **** SPIDERS 4UUG
Instant MR (Un)
Counter target players turn(each spell they would have cast that turn is countered, prevent any damage they would have dealt and they return the card they drew that turn to the top of their library)
put 6 1/1 green spider creature tokens onto the battlefield under that players control
My Hobby: sneaking into experiments and giving lsd to the control group

who gets the reference

anyway, make a monster

Jormengand
2015-02-16, 12:08 PM
Okay, totally against the spirit by using counter to mean something it doesn't mean, and also kinda underpowered because extra turn effects usually cost less than 7+spiders.

Blink Dog 2UP
Creature - Purgator Hound C
Warpstrike UP (When this creature becomes blocked, you may pay UP. If you do, exile it and return it to the battlefield tapped and attacking)
The beasts from the void are a terror to behold and a nightmare to defend against.
3/3

Next: A high-cost common.

thatonesungod
2015-02-16, 05:57 PM
i dont think anything with warpstrike should be common, as its better unblockable with a blink attached for a cost but its fine...

The Cardboard Box 8
Tribal Instant-Boss R
search your library for a coin, key, bomb, card, pill, trinket, heart, and a chest and put them onto the battlefield under your control

Penny 1
Basic Artifact-Coin C
Sac ~: add 1 to your mana pool

Golden Key 3
Artifact-key C
Sac ~: destroy each chest

Trollbomb 1
Artifact-bomb C
Vanishing 1
when trollbomb leaves the battlefield choose a random creature, deal 3 damage to that creature

Eternal Heart 2W
Enchantment-Heart C
Sac ~: put 2 +1/+1 counters on target creature at the beginning of your next turn

The Fool 1U
Artifact-Tarot C
Sac ~: exile target creature then return it to the battlefield under its owners control

Lemon Party 2G
Artifact-Pill C
Sac ~: each creature target player controls gets -1/-1 until end of turn

Curved Horn 1B
Artifact-Equipment Trinket(a creature may have only one trinket equipped at a time, if more than one is attached its controller chooses one and unattaches all others) U
Equip 1
Equipped creature gets +2/+0

Golden Chest 4
Artifact-Chest
When ~ is destroyed add 5 to your mana pool, spend this mana only on coins, or keys, or bombs, or hearts

make something with many permuations

r2d2go
2015-02-17, 12:44 AM
...So you made a bucket of new subtypes just to shorten the rules text of your other card? Ok...

In any case, this is a lot of effects with not much purpose. I don't think this card is even remotely playable given the cost - certainly the effects added together are worth 8 mana, but none (even added) is powerful enough to do something meaningful turn 8. And if you're cheating out artifacts, why not just take Blightsteel Colossus?

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "permutations", since a permutation is a set of objects in which order matters. I guess I'll just make a modal card that lets you choose multiple.

Weirdsurge 1UR
Instant - R
Kicker UR
Choose one, then choose another for each time ~ was kicked:

Target creature gets +3/-3 until end of turn.
Target creature gets -3/+3 until end of turn.
Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.
Return target creature to it's owner's hand.
Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during it's owner's next untap step.

Challenge: Another modal card.

thatonesungod
2015-02-17, 01:27 PM
it seems pretty good, i dont see using more than 3 effects unless you end up in a late game stall but still pretty good combo 1 and 3 for a kill 6 spell etc.

Swiss army polearm 3
Artifact-Equipment U
When ~ enters the battlefield choose one
-Equipped creature gets +3/+1
Equip 3
-Equipped creature gets +1/+3
Equip 2
-Equipped creature gets +2/+2
Equip 2
or
-Equipped creature gets +5/-2
Equip 4
It has, many uses

make something true to flavor by completely disregarding the established rules of balanced cards

Jormengand
2015-02-17, 04:17 PM
Would be a nice un-card if re-formatted; my only worry is the whole thing about being a repeated lightning bolt for 4.

I feel this is now necessary:

The Very Essence of Purple WUPPPPPBRG
Instant - MR (Un)
Conversion WUPPPPPBRG, Otherworlder WUPPPPPBRG
When you cast ~, Revivify and then Lock In target creature.
The Locked In creature has "Paragon - if this creature has the highest toughness of creatures you control, it gets Judgement, Warpstrike 0, Shift, Isolation, Outcast, Flamestorm 1, Deny spells you don't control, Accelerate spells you control and "One eye open - when you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature"" until you cast a spell called ~.
Another target creature gets Silenced until end of turn.

Sorry guys...

Next: Something blue.

Zaydos
2015-02-17, 04:41 PM
The Very Essence of Purple WUPPPPPBRG
Instant - MR (Un)
Conversion WUPPPPPBRG, Otherworlder WUPPPPPBRG
When you cast ~, Revivify and then Lock In target creature.
The Locked In creature has "Paragon - if this creature has the highest toughness of creatures you control, it gets Judgement, Warpstrike 0, Shift, Isolation, Outcast, Flamestorm 1, Deny spells you don't control, Accelerate spells you control and "One eye open - when you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature"" until you cast a spell called ~.
Another target creature gets Silenced until end of turn.

Sorry guys...

The feel of the card is extremely erratic and if the name fits the flavor then you need to go back to basics with purple and think it through more properly.

Next: Something blue.

Glimpse Beyond 1UU
Instant U
Draw a card.
Aetherstorm (when you cast this spell copy it once for each permanent that has been exiled from the battlefield this turn).

Challenge: Make a cantrip.

Jormengand
2015-02-17, 05:03 PM
The point was that it had all the purple abilities on. It's a little bit like Blast from the Past only with purple instead of old mechanics. It's not really meant to make sense.

Anyway, nice mechanic. Clever card. It works; it does what it's meant to do.

Collect Taxes WB
Sorcery - C
Draw a card
Put a colourless artifact token called Gold with "Sacrifice Gold: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool" onto the battlefield under your control.
"Those who cannot pay in coin, cloth or salt will pay in blood, bruises and broken bones."
-Constable Uberti

Next: Choose another challenge on this page. Make something that technically fulfills the challenge, but clearly wasn't what they meant.

thatonesungod
2015-02-17, 05:04 PM
well welcome to the PURple storm... that was bad Edit: its, okay, you get a mana and a card for 2 so good enough

also i choose your challenge, to not do what you meant by totally fulfilling the challenge, INCEPTION(i dont think so but it sounds nice)

Memory of Beast 2UG
Instant U
put a 4/4 beast creature token onto the battlefield UYC(under your control for in the future)
draw a card

they are all uncommon instansts

Memory of Fire 2RU
deal 4 damage to target creature or player
draw a card

memory of life 2WU
Gain 7 life
draw a card

Memory of death 2BU
Destroy target nonblack creature
draw a card

Make something about death

Fortuna
2015-02-17, 05:29 PM
Is it really so hard to just type 'under your control'? Anyway, I question why this isn't just a creature with flash that draws a card when it comes into play. Yes, there are some difference, but they're niche and mostly favour your opponent unless you're doing tokens, which historically I don't think UG is super-inclined to do. Basically, Green would usually rather this be a creature, and blue mostly doesn't care. (For that matter, there's no reason for this to be blue - a 4/4 with flash that draws a card on entering play would be a totally acceptable green uncommon.)

Mourning WU
Instant - U
Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Tap all creatures that card's owner controls.

Make a card that's powerful against a deck you like to play.

Jormengand
2015-02-17, 05:34 PM
Ouch? I mean, it's annoying if you want your own card exiled but it's an instant so you can use it right before your untap. But otherwise, it can counter a spell by invalidating its targets, exile something from a graveyard, and tap all creatures target opponent costs (isn't that worth 2 on its own? Counter target spell that targets a creature in a graveyard is probably 1 or 2), which is probably a little over the top.

Empathic Obliterator 2WB
Sorcery - R
Destroy target creature and all creatures that share a name with it.

RIP Champion of the Parish. We shall nae forget ye.

Next: Make a card that is absolutely terrible against a deck you don't like playing against.

Fortuna
2015-02-17, 06:18 PM
Doesn't seem very white - white likes uniformity, after all. That aside, looks pretty solid.

Oracle of Stability 1WU
Creature - Human Wizard
Players play with the top card of their library revealed.
When a player shuffles their library, sacrifice Oracle of Stability.
3/3

(Fecking all-the-tutor EDH decks...)

Make a card that's substantially better in Constructed formats (not necessarily Standard) than in Limited.

Blue Ghost
2015-02-17, 07:58 PM
So... this card exists solely to be hosed by tutors? I don't see the point of printing it.

Goblin Assault Team 3R
Creature - Goblin (R)
When Goblin Assault Team enters the battlefield, you may search your library for up to three cards named Goblin Assault Team, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
2/1

Next: Make a legendary Knight.

Jormengand
2015-02-17, 08:10 PM
Huh. It's not a great card in any case - it hits you as hard as anyone else, and it sacs itself the moment anyone tutors for anything.

I was thinking of doing something like that. Yeah, that works. Thins out your deck by three as well as being 4 2/1s for 4.

Was going to do something like this anyway:

Azariah the Enlightened 2WW
Legendary Creature - Pariah Knight
Lifelink
Azariah the Enlightened's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Ikarios the Disillusioned 2UU
Legendary Creature - Pariah Wizard
Flying
Ikarios the Disillusioned's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Tamria the Transcendent 2PP
Legendary Creature - Pariah Cleric
Judgement
Tamria the Transcendent's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Ulthuras the Untouchable 2BB
Legendary Creature - Pariah Priest
Intimidate
Ulthuras the Untouchable's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Alkazar the Unattainable 2RR
Legendary Creature - Pariah Warrior
Haste
Alkazar the Unattainable's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Korasil the Almighty 2RR
Legendary Creature - Pariah Hunter
Trample
Korasil the Almighty's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Next: Something else that would fit in a cycle (you don't need to make the rest of the cycle; you can).

r2d2go
2015-02-17, 08:55 PM
Huh. It's not a great card in any case - it hits you as hard as anyone else, and it sacs itself the moment anyone tutors for anything.

I was thinking of doing something like that. Yeah, that works. Thins out your deck by three as well as being 4 2/1s for 4.

Was going to do something like this anyway:

Azariah the Enlightened 2WW
Legendary Creature - Pariah Knight
Lifelink
Azariah the Enlightened's power and toughness are both equal to two, times the number of pariahs you control.
*/*

Next: Something else that would fit in a cycle (you don't need to make the rest of the cycle; you can).

That seems like it'd get out of hand very quickly if there's any other Pariahs. If there's only those (or others are similarly expensive), it's fine.

Shock-Saddle Weird 1UR
Creature - Horse Weird R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, ~ or mounted creature gets +1/+1.
Mount 2, 1UR (1UR - Exile ~ attached to target creature. That creature gets +2/+2.)
2/2

Challenge: Something else with Mount, or otherwise representing a mount.

Zaydos
2015-02-17, 09:10 PM
Shock-Saddle Weird 1UR
Creature - Horse Weird R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, ~ or mounted creature gets +1/+1.
Mount 2, 1UR (1UR - Exile ~ attached to target creature. That creature gets +2/+2.)
2/2

Probably better worded with the +1/+1 effect for the mounted creature being included in the mount effect since unlike a creature with Bestow the mount is exiled and not actually on the battlefield.

Challenge: Something else with Mount, or otherwise representing a mount.

Assault Krasis 4GG
Creature - Elephant Mutant
2GG: Exile ~ and return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the end of turn. Creatures you control gain +X/+X and trample until end of turn where X is ~'s power.
3/3
"Sells to the Gruul horde have been brisk. It appears that a whole clan managed to ride one directly into a Boros barracks."

Challenge: Make a zombie.

Fortuna
2015-02-17, 10:21 PM
Interesting. I presume this is a Rare - in which case it's a Limited bomb, and I'm not sure how well it fares in constructed (since it's quite impractical to get it down with mana to protect it). Neat design.

Rejoined Husk 1BB
Creature - Spirit Zombie U
When Rejoined Husk dies, put a white 1/1 Spirit creature token with flying or a black 2/2 Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
2/3

Make a sacrifice engine (a card that allows you to repeatedly - preferably indefinitely, although it's not required - sacrifice creatures for some benefit).

Jormengand
2015-02-17, 11:43 PM
Odd that the P/T don't add up with the new form and the original, but... well, it works. It does what it does and it does it well.

Sacrificial Dais 4
Artifact - Idol R
Sacrifice a creature, T: Energise each idol you control.
When you energise Sacrificial Dais, add 1 to your mana pool.

Next: Something which is physically purple (as in actually coloured purple, reflects purple light, rather than having P symbols in its cost). Can be Purple purple as well if you like.

Fortuna
2015-02-18, 12:13 AM
The flavour feels like a miss - why does the sacrificial dais provide mana even when you're not actually sacrificing things? Mechanically, it's probably more or less okay insofar as idols are ever okay, although I continue to dislike them.

I'll cheat on this one a bit. :smalltongue:

Prismatic Golem 4
Artifact Creature - Construct U
W: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool.
1, T: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool.
2/2
Dull in the shade, it sparkles with every colour there is when the sunlight strikes it.

Make a noncreature permanent-type spell which includes in its text an ability that (either always or sometimes) involves it being sacrificed.

r2d2go
2015-02-18, 01:48 AM
Huh. So white-based multicolor gets ridiculous mana, and if you can somehow attach something to the first ability's activation, you get infinite combo. Luckily I don't think there's anything that does that, so it's pretty much just a cool uncommon. Nice! :smalltongue:

Seal of Earth 2RG
Enchantment - U
Sacrifice ~: Choose one:

Target creature gets +3/+3, first strike and trample until end of turn.
Deal 4 damage to target creature or player.
Deal 2 damage to each creature without flying.
Deal 2 damage to each creature with flying.

Challenge: Another Seal (enchantment that sacs to be used), or a modal card.

thatonesungod
2015-02-18, 07:26 AM
i like all of those except the second and the last, and the first could be toned down, green gets heavily overcosted flying damage, doesnt get direct damage and the first is just too strong i know its GR but the R does not really make this ballanced

Seal of Suns WUBRG
Enchantment R
T, Sac ~ :Put a permanant that is red blue green white and black from your hand onto the battlefield under your control
The power of the five suns, at your fingertips

an internet to whoever gets the refrence

make a sun(choose how you interpret that)

Ninjaman
2015-02-18, 08:34 AM
It doesn't do anything. You can cheat in progenitus for WUBRG less and coalition victory for 3 less. That's pretty much it.

Artificial Sun - 3W
Artifact
White creatures you control get +1/+1
Whenever you cast a white spell, draw a card.

Make a moon.

Jormengand
2015-02-18, 08:49 AM
Fricking hell I was trying to respond to the last challenge. Ninjas!

Not sure I like white perpetual motion for 4, and a free anthem (because you don't care about the anthem; you care about the perpetual motion) thrown in. That said, white is probably one of the less dangerous colours to have that kind of effect, but still.

Morrsleib 2BB
Legendary Enchantment R
When Morrsleib enters the battlefield and at the beginning of each player's upkeep, put two colourless artifact tokens called Warpstone with "T, Sacrifice Warpstone: add one mana of any colour to your mana pool and Warpstone deals 3 damage to you" onto the battlefield under the control of the player whose turn it is.

Next: Something else that gives everyone goodies... only, evil goodies! :smallbiggrin:

braveheart
2015-02-18, 06:51 PM
It is functional and an interesting idea, but I don't think it would ever be used.

Tempt With Serpents 3BG
Sorcery - R
Put at 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield
Each other Player may put a 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield, then you may place an additional 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield for each other player who did

(those ones are hard to word properly)

make something that utilizes the number of creatures someone controls as a variable

r2d2go
2015-02-18, 07:03 PM
It is functional and an interesting idea, but I don't think it would ever be used.

Tempt With Serpents 3BG
Sorcery - R
Put at 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield
Each other Player may put a 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield, then you may place an additional 1/2 Snake Token with Deathtouch onto the Battlefield for each other player who did

(those ones are hard to word properly)

make something that utilizes the number of creatures someone controls as a variable

There's actually a template/keyword for that, you know. "Tempting offer - (effect). Each opponent may (effect). For each opponent who does, (effect)." Other than that, it's really weak. Think about it, you're getting what is a weak 2 drop/strong 1 drop for 5, and your opponents choose whether you get more. Even in multiplayer formats, you'll notice that the other Tempting Offers are only one or two mana behind curve without the Tempting Offer - this is easily 3 mana behind. It's interesting, but should probably only cost 1BG.

Black Lightning 3RB
Sorcery - R
Deal X damage to each creature target opponent controls, where X is the number of creatures that opponent controls.

Or, new keyword:

Black Lightning 3RB
Sorcery - R
Deal 1 damage to each creature target opponent controls.
Reverberate (Copy ~ for each creature that opponent controls.)

Challenge: Something else with a new keyword, or something using G, U and/or R.

Jormengand
2015-02-18, 07:10 PM
Hmm... cool, I guess, but I don't want to see this card in the same format as Repercussion. :smalltongue:

Paladin of Freedom 2WR
Creature - Human Paladin U
Smite Black and Blue (When this creature would deal damage to a black and/or blue creature, it deals twice as much damage instead)
3/3

Next: More D&D mechanics. :smalltongue:

r2d2go
2015-02-18, 08:16 PM
Huh. It's alright, though perhaps 3/4 would be more appropriate - as is, it's a mediocre sideboard card or limited card at best (though there's nothing wrong with that - it's just I like good limited over mediocre limited :smalltongue:)

Enter the Dungeon 2RBW
Sorcery - R (Un)
Roll a 20 sided die. Put three Gold tokens with "sacrifice this token: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool" under target player's control and their health becomes that number.

Martial Stance RW
Enchantment - U
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose one:

Enchanted Creature gets +3/-1
Enchanted Creature gets -1/+3
Enchanted Creature gets First Strike
Enchanted Creature gets Vigilance
Enchanted creature gains "T - Exile Martial Stance, then return it to the battlefield attached to this creature."

Challenge: Another permanent that can change.

Fortuna
2015-02-18, 09:09 PM
Oy. Memory issues all up in the everywhere. Especially if multiple copies of this thing are on the field. Let alone the case where other effects manipulate them, or one creature gets enchanted with multiple copies. I don't even have to look at the power levels to tell you that this would probably not be good for the game.

Unstable Polyform 2U
Creature - Shapeshifter R
At the beginning of your upkeep or when Unstable Polyform enters play, choose an opponent. That opponent reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a creature card. Exile that creature card. Unstable Polyform becomes a copy of that creature card and gains this ability. Then that opponent shuffles all other cards exiled with Unstable Polyform into their library.
0/1

Make a common non-creature permanent.

Zaydos
2015-02-18, 09:15 PM
Unstable Polyform 2U
Creature - Shapeshifter
At the beginning of your upkeep or when Unstable Polyform enters play, choose an opponent. That opponent reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a creature card. Unstable Polyform becomes a copy of that creature card and gains this ability. Then that opponent shuffles their library.
0/1

I'm guessing it's a rare. Why 1 toughness instead of 0 like Clone? Overall this is interesting, and while my gut says turn 2/3 is too early to get this out it's pretty well priced.

Make a common non-creature permanent.

Vigor Chant 2G
Enchantment C
At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Challenge: Make something silver in color or material.

Fortuna
2015-02-18, 09:24 PM
I'm guessing it's a rare. Why 1 toughness instead of 0 like Clone? Overall this is interesting, and while my gut says turn 2/3 is too early to get this out it's pretty well priced.

Toughness 1 instead of 0 because it's a triggered ability, not a replacement effect. Technically I could have made it a replacement effect, but given how much goes on (including spoiling any library manipulation they've done) I thought it was better to make it a triggered ability on a 0/1.

Vigor Chant 2G
Enchantment C
At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Huh. Interesting. It definitely needs the timing restriction. I'm not sure if, even then, this should really be a common - imagine this in Limited, where rarities matter. If someone manages to get two or three of these on the field, that's probably game right there with how huge they can pump creatures. It also wins stalemates pretty hard. I think this belongs at uncommon, not common.

Challenge: Make something silver in color or material.

Moonsilver Dagger 3
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature has first strike, reach, and +2/+0
Equip 2

Make a common non-creature permanent that actually belongs at common. :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2015-02-18, 09:24 PM
Huh. It seems okay, yeah, sure. Not much to say.

For god's sake Jor stop it what are you doing stahp stahp 4SSSS
Sorcery - MR
Exile everything and everyone (All cards that aren't in exile go into exile. All cards that are in exile go into exile again, just to make sure. Then everyone loses the game.)

Silver Bolt W
Instant - U
Destroy target vampire, demon or werewolf.
Purge these creatures that assail us!

Ninjas!

I don't see why a dagger gives reach, but wonky flavour aside, sure.

Sturdy Blade 2
Artifact - Equipment C
Equipped creature has +2/+0
Equip 1.
For all your fancy blades and enchanted armour, never underestimate the power of a few feet of good steel.

Next: Make a card based on an un-mechanic but that isn't un (Such as the pacts based on rocket-powered turbo slug or Barren Glory based on The Cheese Stands Alone).

r2d2go
2015-02-18, 09:47 PM
Silver Bolt is what it is - cheap white sideboard removal. Absolutely crazy in a set like Innistrad, but oh well, I'm sure you knew that.

Sturdy Blade is... common :smalltongue: It's Bonesplitter that costs one more though, so not sure it's particularly worth anything.

Form of the Weird 3UR
Enchantment - R
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 3/3 weird token with "T - Cast a spell for its mana cost" and "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, ~ gets +1/+1 and untaps" onto the battlefield. You lose when it leaves the battlefield.
Creatures can't attack you.
You can't be the target of spells or abilities.
You can't play spells.

Challenge: Something else weird. Or, something encouraging monocolor, but not devotion.

Gandariel
2015-02-19, 06:03 AM
i don't really like it.

First, I feel it's too binary. Either the opponent can remove your 3/3 or he has no way of winning (Aside from weird shenanigans, I guess). Platinum angel does this too, but it costs 2 more. And allows your opponent some more freedom (bringing you to -20 before killing the Angel).
I don't really like Platinum angel either, though.

what happens if you destroy the enchantment? You're no longer at risk of dying? Is this even intended?

So overall, I don't know, but it feels weird to me.

Something to encourage mono color... I'll go with something simple

Lord of Ruin 4BB
Creature - demon R
Flying
Nonblack creatures have -1/-1.
5/5

Create a card from the world of Herbert's "Dune".
Or, create a white Dragon.

Jormengand
2015-02-19, 11:25 AM
It's a demon with a negative anthem. Sure, why not?

Wyrm of the Vast 4WB
Creature - Dragon R
Angels and demons you control get +1/+1 for each dragon you control.
When the army of the vast descends, the most unlikely of allies shall work together. And it shall be glorious.
4/4

Something else that looks like a particular commander would love it.

mystic1110
2015-02-19, 03:29 PM
Sure - it works, but I don't get the flavor behind it. Why would a dragon help out demons AND angles?

Enchanter's Markings UWB
Enchantment
When ~ ETB search your library for an enchantment card with a converted mana cost of 2 or less and place it onto the battlefield.
Enchantments with a converted mana cost of 2 or less have hexproof.

Create a Vampire.

Jormengand
2015-02-19, 03:46 PM
Sure - it works, but I don't get the flavor behind it. Why would a dragon help out demons AND angles?
For the same reason a human cleric (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=236473&type=card) would call on demons, dragons and angels.

Enchanter's Markings UWB
Enchantment
When ~ ETB search your library for an enchantment card with a converted mana cost of 2 or less and place it onto the battlefield.
Enchantments with a converted mana cost of 2 or less have hexproof.

Create a Vampire.

So... tutors, and puts it onto the battlefield, and provides a fairly nice anthem? I'd make that cost at least a little more.

Bloodborn Warleader 4BB
Creature - Vampire R
When a vampire you control deals damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
He teaches them how to hunger. He teaches them how to fight. And he teaches them how to destroy the things we hold dear.
4/4

Next: Something big and blue.

braveheart
2015-02-19, 04:14 PM
Not ridiculous, and appropriately costed, maybe it doesn't need two black but whatever it works

Hydro Cannon 3
Artwork: of a massive blue cannon with a pipe leading into the water
Artifact - Equipment - U
equipped creature has +1/+0
if you control an Island equipped creature gets +4/+0, First Strike, and Reach
equip 3

make another artifact that is useless if you don't control a certain land type (other than island)

Zaydos
2015-02-19, 04:25 PM
Hydro Cannon 3
Artwork: of a massive blue cannon with a pipe leading into the water
Artifact - Equipment - U
equipped creature has +1/+0
if you control an Island equipped creature gets +4/+0, First Strike, and Reach
equip 3

The abilities aren't blue in the least, and re-assignable +4 & First Strike needs to cost more.

make another artifact that is useless if you don't control a certain land type (other than island)

Copperwood Armor 4
Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature gains +1/+1 for each forest you control.
Equip 3.
Last forged from the Tangle of Mirrodin before the glistening oil warped it into a place of horror.

Challenge: Make a dragon.

Jormengand
2015-02-19, 04:28 PM
I guess it works, but it's not amazing even if you do control an island.

Guilds' Gift 4
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each gate you control with a different name.

Next: Something that you would expect to exist, but doesn't.

thatonesungod
2015-02-20, 07:00 AM
copperwood armor, is fine, it seems more uncommon than rare to me but meh

guilds gift is really bad unless you are in ravnica, and even then not very playable

Gift of Angels Eye 2R
Enchantment-Aura U
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and T: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player

a cycle of off color creature types

make a dragon thats not red, a demon thats not black, a beast/wurm thats not green, or an illusion/wizard thats not blue

Jormengand
2015-02-20, 07:49 AM
It's kinda meh. It's kinda like strapping a prodigal pyromancer to someone, only it costs a bucketload more for no discernible reason.

Illusion of Power 2BR
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Power becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
4/4

Illusion of Love 2WR
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Love becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may have target creature get +4/+0 until the beginning of your end step.
4/4

Illusion of Faith 2WB
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Faith becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may gain 2 life and have target player lose 2 life.
4/4

Illusion of Will 2WG
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Will becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
4/4

Illusion of Decay 2BG
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Decay becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may have target creature get -2/-2 until end of turn.

Illusion of Freedom 2RG
Creature - Illusion U
When Illusion of Freedom becomes the target of an ability, sacrifice it. If you do, you may have target creature you control fight target creature you don't.

Next: An instant that costs at least 8 to play.

mystic1110
2015-02-20, 09:34 AM
Outside being a non-blue illusion and that sulking has been moved to blue away from black - I actually really like the card. Well done.

Orbital Strike 8RR
Instant C
Orbital Strike deals 13 damage to up to three target creatures.
You're not being paranoid, if the universe is really against you.

An amazingly expensive common, but imagine it in ROE draft - I think it could keep up in terms of draftability. 10 mana to destroy up to 3 target creatures.

Create a card with "Meteor" in the title.

Jormengand
2015-02-20, 12:46 PM
Is there even anything with that much toughness short of Emrakul, who is protected from it anyway? I mean, I know you could have a creature with a ton of +1/+1 counters, but still.

But I guess it's simple and it works and I doubt it's overpowered.

Meteor Hammer 6
Artifact - Equipment R
Equip 4
Equipped creature has +12/+0 and trample.
A single blow will break you into a thousand pieces.

Next: Something that does something five times.

Zaydos
2015-02-20, 12:59 PM
Is there even anything with that much toughness short of Emrakul, who is protected from it anyway? I mean, I know you could have a creature with a ton of +1/+1 counters, but still.

But I guess it's simple and it works and I doubt it's overpowered.

Innistrad had a 13 theme and a few creatures with 13 toughness, like the tree that you can swap life with.

Meteor Hammer 6
Artifact - Equipment R
Equip 4
Equipped creature has +12/+0 and trample.
A single blow will break you into a thousand pieces.

This should probably cost more (+12/+0 and trample is > 6 cost as an enchantment) but might could squeak by, and definitely should cost more to equip. It'd be better as a symmetrical P/T buff (+6/+6) but even then would be comparable to Argentum Plate (6 drop, 6 equip).

Next: Something that does something five times.

Manyfold Strength 2(G/W)
Instant U
Target creature gets +1/+1

(White because small buff to many, Green because big buff to one, hybrid because both sometimes get the other)

Challenge: Make a ninja pirate.

mystic1110
2015-02-20, 06:08 PM
Seems reasonable - 2W for +5/+5 might be pushing it though so just to be safe I would remove one line of text. . .

Nautical Backstabber 2UU
Creature - Ninja Pirate U
Ninjutsu 1U (1U, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
When Nautical Backstabber enters the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a permanent unless he or she pays 2.
2/2

Create a Spirit Lizard

Jormengand
2015-02-21, 08:29 AM
You are allowed to use "That player", you know.

Anyway, the card itself is just about okay, but you could be paying 1U to upgrade your 1/1 to a 2/2 and then make your opponent pay 2 anyway, and not even pay any cards to do that. Further, that doesn't even require a particularly good play to pull off.

Warning Lizard 1U
Creature - Spirit Lizard U
Shift (Whenever Warning Lizard is targeted you may return it to your hand and put another creature with the same or lower converted mana cost onto the battlefield which then becomes the target instead. That card cannot Shift this turn.)
"We call them warning lizards, because they always mean that something stronger is on the way
0/2

Next: Create something with Conversion or Second Wind.

Conversion {Cost} (Cost, reveal ~ from your hand: Target spell you control becomes a copy of ~. If applicable, X is equal to the CMC of that spell)
Second Wind - You get an extra effect if you've cast another spell this turn.

Ninjaman
2015-02-21, 11:05 AM
I can't see this card's use outside of combos, and the ability doesn't feel like one that should be keyworded, that would result in a insufferable limited format.

Nargan Greifblade - 1BB
Creature - Zombie Assassin - U
Deathtouch
Second wind - When Nargan Griefblade enters the battlefield, if you have cast another spell this turn, target opponent discards a card.
2/2

Make a card with deathtouch.

Jormengand
2015-02-21, 11:32 AM
The idea was so that you could, for example, drop an instant on it and have something your opponent couldn't have prepared for, or so you can use a non-flash permanent's ETB ability at instant speed. It also lets you sneak in small nonblue creatures that help your deck.

Nargan griefblade is cool - making it a creature or at least permanent is something I hoped someone would do.

Maexxna 4BB
Legendary creature - Spider U
Deathtouch
Maexxna hates it when people introduce her as "Maxina" or "Maxxy".
2/8

Next: Another uncommon legendary.

Ninjaman
2015-02-21, 12:11 PM
I understand the reference, but I don't think it should be a legendary, it could be a cool card then I could see pbeing printed.

Uncommons shouldn't be legendary but here we go:

Drantac, Immortal - 1WB
Legendary Creature - Human Knight - U
First strike, undying
2/2

Make something big.

@V The fact that you had to go all the way back to kamigawa shows that it's not a thing anymore.

Jormengand
2015-02-21, 12:26 PM
What about all the shrines/honden? I can't say the Brothers Yamazaki were a bad idea either. The kamigawa flip legendaries are uncommons a lot of the time too.

Eh, well, that works. It's a decent uncommon legendary.

Deathwing WWUUBBRRGG
Legendary creature - Dragon MR
When Deathwing enters the battlefield, discard your hand and exile all nonland permanents.
Once a noble dragon known as Neltharion, Deathwing lost his mind and shattered Azeroth before finally being defeated.
12/12

Next: Okay, let's stop being silly and make something that actually fits in with the Magic universe. Uh, multiverse. Whatever.

Ionbound
2015-02-21, 12:50 PM
I mean, I think for 10 mana in 5 colors, he should have less of a drawback. Maybe 6BBRR or even 8BR would be better, but as it stands, he doesn't fit the color pie very well, nor is he particularly playable even is decks that can get up to that much mana due to the 5 color manacost.

Call of the Mooncurse-2GR

Tribal Enchantment-Werewolf

All creatures you control are werewolves in addition to their other types.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Challenge: Create another Innistradian card!

r2d2go
2015-02-22, 03:19 PM
I... don't know what this does, really :smalltongue: it would be better if it gave them a werewolf-transformation, but as-is, it's 4 mana for a global... type addition. If you're playing werewolf tribal, wouldn't you already have werewolves? Still, it's not a bad idea...

Mass Marking 1WBR
Tribal Enchantment - Vampire R
All creatures you control are Vampires and gain "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, or a creature damaged by this creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
It's time to feed.

Challenge: Another tribal enchantment.

Jormengand
2015-02-22, 05:26 PM
You need to say "Damaged by this creature this turn" or you get memory issues. Why is it red?

Form of One 2UU
Tribal Enchantment - Shapeshifter R
Creatures you control are each creature type among creatures you control.
We have many faces.

To be honest, I think that's the kind of type-change effect a four-drop should really be worth.

Next: Something which does something with instant and sorcery spells, but isn't one.

r2d2go
2015-02-23, 02:01 AM
You need to say "Damaged by this creature this turn" or you get memory issues. Why is it red?

Form of One 2UU
Tribal Enchantment - Shapeshifter R
Creatures you control are each creature type among creatures you control.
We have many faces.

To be honest, I think that's the kind of type-change effect a four-drop should really be worth.

Next: Something which does something with instant and sorcery spells, but isn't one.

A little better, since interacting tribals (e.g. Vampires and Humans) now overlap bonuses , but I don't think it quite has a place with current tribals in blue. Still, there's potential, especially with Changelings.

Flux Arcana 4UR
Tribal Enchantment - Weird R
Exile an instant or sorcery you control: Put a 2/2 Weird token with "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn" onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a weird: Counter target spell.

Yep, all your instants and sorceries are hard counters.

Challenge: Sonething else that gets rid of things from the stack. Bonus points if it's not just a counter spell.

Fortuna
2015-02-23, 02:15 AM
...no, don't make all your instants and sorceries hard counters. That's a bad idea, even for a five-drop enchantment, especially if it also does other things.

Impatience 1{U/R}
Instant - R
Resolve target spell.
Cycling {U/R}

Make a non-aura uncommon enchantment that is exactly one colour, has two coloured mana symbols in its mana cost, and has a new keyword on it.

Lord Ruby34
2015-02-23, 02:23 AM
A little better, since interacting tribals (e.g. Vampires and Humans) now overlap bonuses , but I don't think it quite has a place with current tribals in blue. Still, there's potential, especially with Changelings.

Flux Arcana 3UR
Tribal Enchantment - Weird R
Sacrifice an instant or sorcery: Put a 2/2 Weird token with "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn" onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a weird: Counter target spell.

Yep, all your instants and sorceries are hard counters.

Challenge: Sonething else that gets rid of things from the stack. Bonus points if it's not just a counter spell.

Sacrifice an instant or sorcery isn't quite the correct wording for that sort of effect, but that's beside the point. I feel like the ability to make any instant or sorcery you have a 2/2 with pseudo prowess that can sac to counter a spell for free is too powerful to see print at five mana. It probably needs an activation cost on the second ability.

Aether Converter 2
Artifact R
Exile an instant or sorcery spell you control: Put a charge counter on ~~.
Remove a charge counter from ~~: Draw a card.
Desperate mages have ways of turning what is into what could be.

Design a flip card that changes types when it transforms. (I.E. Elbrius, the Binding Blade).

r2d2go
2015-02-23, 02:58 AM
Impatience: Seeing as it's a lot like Quicken but Split Second, it could probably cantrip at UR. Otherwise., interesting.

Aether: I don't think this is strong enough, since basically it turns your spells into cycles, but at the full cost of the spell. Though, it doesn't cost too much... Eh, probably fine.

Kol, Contained 1UR
Legendary Creature - Weird Wizard MR
T - Put a loyalty counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability.
R - ~ gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
U - ~ gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
When ~ has 4 or more loyalty counters, transform him.
4/4

Kol, Unleashed
Planeswalker - Kol MR
+3 - Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
-X - Target creature gets +X/-X until end of turn.
-13 - Take an extra turn after this one. Transform Kol.

Did that one first because I like it more :smalltongue:

Here's Random's:

Heat of Battle 1RR
Enchantment - U
Creatures you control get Rage 2 (Whenever a creature you control would take or deal damage, it deals or takes that much plus 2 instead.)

Challenge: Another Planeswalker.

braveheart
2015-02-23, 01:30 PM
as a creature he is good, although he should probably be legendary, when he transforms there are a few issues, the +3 is fine, but the -X is pretty bad, and for the -13 if he uses it with 17+ loyalty counters he would transform back immediately

Joe, The Wanderer 4G
Plainswalker - Joe - MR
+1: Search your library for a land card reveal that card and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library
-2: Search your library for a creature card reveal that card and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library
-7: Put any number of creature and land cards in your hand onto the battlefield

Joe, The Researcher 4U
Plainswalker - Joe - MR
+1: Target player may draw a card
-2: Search your library for an instant or sorcery card reveal that card and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library
-7: You get an emblem with "Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost (4) less"

Joe, The Priest 4W
Plainswalker - Joe - MR
+1: Target creature gets +1/+1 and Lifelink until the end of turn
-2: Search your library for an Enchantment card reveal that card and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library
-7: Put 5 5/5 Angel Creature Tokens with Flying onto the battlefield

Joe, The Assasin 4B
Plainswalker - Joe - MR
+1: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn, and its controller losses 1 life
-2: lose 2 life, Search your library for a card, and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library
-7: Put a creature from target graveyard into the Battlefield under your control, Target creature gets -5/-5 until end of turn

Joe, The Pyromancer 4R
Plainswalker - Joe - MR
+1: Target creature or player takes 3 damage
-2: Discard a card then draw 2 cards
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have +3/+0 First Strike and Haste"

make a permanent that gets bigger the longer it's in play

r2d2go
2015-02-23, 01:58 PM
Both small abilities are very weak, though the -7 is quite strong, especially with synergy. It's alright, though I think it could do with more (maybe just inflating the costs to make it +2/-4/-9 or 10 for extra durability).

@ critique: Transform conditions don't remain after the transformation, so no, dropping him to 4 or less will not transform him.

Time-Eater 2UU
Creature - Weird MR
Cumulative Upkeep: Put an Age counter on ~.
0 - Remove all Age counters from ~. Untap an island for each Age counter removed from ~. You skip your next turn.
Time Eater gets -1/-1 for each Age counter on Time-Eater.
8/8

Challenge: Something else with a cumulative upkeep.

Jormengand
2015-02-23, 02:44 PM
It's... really odd. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to do or why you would really want to run it - bear in mind that on turn 1 you make it a 6/6 (put an age counter on, then put another one on) and then a 2/2 (Put one on and then another three on) and then kill it. If you don't use the honestly suboptimal pseudo-turn grab effect then you die. And having a 6/6 for 4 is okay, but having to shoot yourself in the foot with a machinegun every few turns isn't worth it.

Eternity Cleric 2W
Creature - Human Cleric R
Cumulative Upkeep: You gain 1 life.
1/2

Eternity Scholar 3UU
Creature - Human Wizard R
Cumulative Upkeep: Draw a card.
1/2

Eternity Warden 4PPP
Creature - Human Aristocrat R
Cumulative Upkeep: Revivify (Return target card from exile to your hand)
1/2

Eternity Slayer 2B
Creature - Human Knight R
Cumulative Upkeep: Target player loses 1 life.
1/2

Eternity Zealot 2RR
Cumulative Upkeep: Eternity Zealot deals 1 damage to target creature.
1/2

Eternity Druid 2GG
Creature - Human Druid R
Cumulative Upkeep: Put a +1/+1 counter on Eternity Druid.
1/2

Next: Something musical.

Fortuna
2015-02-23, 03:01 PM
So... its upkeep is to put an age counter on it, then double the age counters. First turn, it has two counters. Second turn, it has six. Then it dies. Since you played it turn four, that means that on turn six you get to untap six islands at the cost of skipping turn seven - not really a great deal, and it only gets worse over time. I would also say that this doesn't really fit the challenge of getting bigger the longer it's in play.

Aged Mentor W
Creature - Human Cleric U
Cumulative Upkeep: Tap a cleric you control.
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. That creature becomes a cleric in addition to its other types.
1/3

Ugh. I don't like the implications for Limited much, although it being rare helps with that. Still, cumulative upkeep gets positively obscene in just a few turns - if this sticks around four turns, it's gained ten life for three mana. I worry that this will be too good in constructed formats, where multiples can easily be played.

Song of Ages 4UUU
Sorcery - MR
Take an extra turn after this one.
Harmonize (As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card with Harmonize from your hand and pay any shortfall between the mana you paid for this card and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana, to cast that card.)

Make another, non-blue, card with Harmonize. This keyword can appear on cards of any colour.

braveheart
2015-02-23, 04:20 PM
Ugh. I don't like the implications for Limited much, although it being rare helps with that. Still, cumulative upkeep gets positively obscene in just a few turns - if this sticks around four turns, it's gained ten life for three mana. I worry that this will be too good in constructed formats, where multiples can easily be played.

Song of Ages 4UUU
Sorcery - MR
Take an extra turn after this one.
Harmonize (As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card with Harmonize from your hand and pay any shortfall between this card's mana cost and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana. If you do, you may cast that other card without paying its mana cost.)

Make another, non-blue, card with Harmonize. This keyword can appear on cards of any colour.

Harmonize is a nice ability, and overall that seems like a nice card

Litany of Death 2BB
sorcery - C
Destroy target creature
Harmonize (As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card with Harmonize from your hand and pay any shortfall between this card's mana cost and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana. If you do, you may cast that other card without paying its mana cost.)

lets keep Harmonize going, use it in red, white, or green

Fortuna
2015-02-23, 05:20 PM
Way too good. Common removal has been scaled back significantly over the past few years, and Harmonize is a powerful upside mechanic. This should probably cost 4BB, or be uncommon.

Apprentice Songsmith 1W
Creature - Human Bard C
Harmonize (As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card with Harmonize from your hand and pay any shortfall between the mana you paid for this card and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana, to cast that card.)
1/2

Onwards with Harmonize! Red, green, or an interesting development of the mechanic - if you imagine that Harmonize showed up in the first set with the three Harmonize cards so far, a second-set Harmonize card.

EDIT: I changed the text of Harmonize somewhat to make it play better and be less swingy - now cascading harmonies can't get quite so out of hand.

Jormengand
2015-02-23, 05:58 PM
Okay, so if I understand harmonise correctly, it basically reads "When you cast a spell whose CMC is greater than this spell's CMC, you may cast this spell without paying its mana cost". Not quite the case because of colours, but near enough. So, 1/2 for 0 when you cast another CMC 2+ spell at common. Hmm. I'm gonna say no.

Can We Have A New Challenge Now Please This Is Getting Old P
Instant - R (Un)
Harmonize
Exile each permanent with harmonize and each card in a graveyard with harmonize. Then, each player chooses an opponent; that opponent searches that player's library for any number of cards with harmonize and exiles them. Then exile all cards in exile with harmonize, just to make sure.

Next: Make me an illusion.

Fortuna
2015-02-23, 06:15 PM
Well, that certainly was helpful criticism right there, thank you kindly.

It's a spiteful purple card. You can predict my reaction easily. Also, given how thoroughly purple dominated for the first couple of pages of this thread, I find your whining somewhat ironic.

Phantasmal Terror 1UB
Creature - Illusion Horror U
When Phantasmal Terror enters the battlefield, choose a creature. Phantasmal Terror has protection from that creature, and any damage it deals to the chosen creature is lethal damage.
When Phantasmal Terror becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.
4/4

Make a card that has Harmonize or, if you feel Harmonize is fundamentally flawed, make a card with a fixed version of Harmonize.

mystic1110
2015-02-23, 06:16 PM
Damn it . . . NINJAD AGAIN :smallfurious:

I personally feel that Harmonize, like Splice, is just too parasitic - it relies on you only playing Harmonize cards. . .

Illusion of Self 1WU
Enchantment M
You do not exist (You may not be the target of spells or abilities. Spells or abilities that choose a player, may not choose you. Spells or abilities that affect each player, do not affect you. Creatures you control may still be the target of spells or abilities. You may still lose life, cast cards, and lose the game. You still have a turn. Do not fall into despair. Life may yet still have meaning)

. . .

Random Person. . . here's my take on fixed harmonize:

Harmonize (As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card from your hand and pay any shortfall between the mana you paid for this card and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana, to cast that card.)

Just take away the "another card with Harmonize text" . . . then again that makes it a powerful mechanic. . . so any Harmonize cards need to cost something like 6 at the least (since revealing a 3 CMC makes them only cost 3 CMC and 3 life). . . . so

Creature
Harmonize [I](As you cast this spell, you may reveal another card from your hand and pay any shortfall between the mana you paid for this card and that card's mana cost, including coloured mana, to cast that card.)
2/3

Should be a blue-print IMO

Make a "zen" card

Jormengand
2015-02-23, 06:22 PM
Phantasmal Terror is slightly odd, but I get the concept. Illusion of reality makes burn sad. Like really sad. And curse decks. And usually doesn't affect much else. It's pretty odd.

Two challenges? Two challenges.

Zen Focus 3U
Sorcery - R
Draw two cards.
Harmonise UU (When you cast zen focus, you may cast another spell. If you do, that spell costs UU less to cast)
Take a moment to think, and you shall go far.

Next: Another card which draws cards.

mystic1110
2015-02-23, 06:28 PM
Problem with that version of Harmonize . . . and my version is that Harmonize doesn't really evoke the imagery of making things . . . cheaper. . . does it? So just think of it instead as a placeholder name. As for your version of it. . . I like it, but I think it should be 2 instead of UU, as UU also fixes color which is a powerful effect while also drawing 2 cards

The Truth of Violence R
Instant U
If 3 or more creatures you control attacked this turn, draw a card, if you do then draw another card if an opponent was dealt 3 or more combat damage this turn.

Make a card about farming

r2d2go
2015-02-23, 10:08 PM
That's basically 1 mana draw 2, for most red decks, which is a little scary (note that "3 or more combat damage this turn" means 3 damage total, not 3 incidents of damage). It could probably cost 1R. Also, you probably want to make the first ability one sentence and the second another. Still, interesting idea, and pretty good.

Farmer G
Creature - Human C
T, 1G, Sacrifice Farmer: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
1/1

Challenge: The above is based on Font of Fertility (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380417) (can't immediately sac in exchange for 1/1 body). Make something similarly based on another noncreature permanent made into a creature.

Zaydos
2015-02-23, 10:35 PM
Farmer G
Creature - Human C
T, 1G, Sacrifice Farmer: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
1/1

I could see it being printed without the tap cost, maybe a little stronger, perhaps with some synergy effect within the set to take advantage of its themes. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=29773) But as a basic concept I love the card due to its graveyard synergy and ability to chump and sac (block the 2/2, sac before damage).

Challenge: The above is based on Font of Fertility (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380417) (can't immediately sac in exchange for 1/1 body). Make something similarly based on another noncreature permanent made into a creature.

Predation Sage 2GU
Creature - Elf Druid
~ cannot be blocked.
Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it deals combat damage to an opponent you may draw a card.
1/3

(Bred for the Hunt (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=368953) on a stick; boltable but not shockable, and 1 more mana, but unblockable and works with things to give creatures +1/+1 counters).

Challenge: Make a Red/Black Vampire.

Lord Ruby34
2015-02-24, 02:17 AM
It feels just a little on the weak side. It could probably stand to be a 2/3, otherwise it seems solid.

Stromkirk Ripper 1RB
Creature- Vampire U
Haste, Deathtouch
When ~ attacks you may have target creature an opponent controls block it if able.
2/2

Design a card that could have been printed in Innistrad.

Blue Ghost
2015-02-24, 04:33 AM
I like it. Premium hard removal in creature form. I don't think it's overpowered, but it's certainly very powerful, especially at uncommon, though being two colors does balance it.

Skabaren's Recipe 2U
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a Zombie enters the battlefield under your control, you may exile any number of creature cards from your graveyard. Put a +1/+1 counter on the Zombie for each creature card exiled this way.

Next: Make a legendary Spider.

mystic1110
2015-02-24, 10:32 AM
Honestly a little weak. . . at most it'll act like an anthem for a few creatures, or pump one creature up a bit. . . but even then you're deck will need to have a lot of creatures to make it work, and then a lot of cards to get them into the grave.

Mother of all Webs 5GG
Legendary Creature - Spider God M
Reach, Deathtouch
At the beginning of each mainphase chose one:

Place a 1/1 green spider token with deathtouch onto the battlefield
Place a 1/1 green spider token with reach onto the battlefield
Place 2 1/1 green spider tokens onto the battlefield.

1/3

Yep . . . get's out of control VERY FAST, but easy to take care of.

Create a non-enchantment creature with the creature type of God

Jormengand
2015-02-24, 10:48 AM
It's weird. It's not indesctructible, it's not an enchantment, and it doesn't need devotion. It's pretty much categorically not a god. It makes titchy spiders but itself goes down to R and a card, for 5GG. Hmm...

The Omnissiah 12
Legendary Artifact Creature - God MR
Indestructible, Affinity for artifacts
If the total converted mana cost of artifacts you control is less than 24, The Omnissiah isn't a creature.
Artifacts you control are indestructible.
6/6

Next: Something with a big disadvantage justifying way above-curve stats.

mystic1110
2015-02-24, 11:38 AM
It's weird. It's not indesctructible, it's not an enchantment, and it doesn't need devotion. It's pretty much categorically not a god. It makes titchy spiders but itself goes down to R and a card, for 5GG. Hmm...

God is just a creature type . . . it doesn't need devotion or whatever. It doesn't need to be indestructible. I can make a rage against the heavens like kamigawa and replace spirit with god. . . that's the point . . . a god doesn't need to resemble the Theros gods. . . gods can be anything you want them to be

The Omnissiah 12
Legendary Artifact Creature - God MR
Indestructible, Affinity for artifacts
If the total converted mana cost of artifacts you control is less than 24, The Omnissiah isn't a creature.
Artifacts you control are indestructible.
6/6

Next: Something with a big disadvantage justifying way above-curve stats.

Sure that works. . .

anyway

Magmin, The Perversion of Life 1BB
Legendary Creature - Demon M
Flying, Trample
Opponents may cast cards in their graveyards, as though those cards were in their hands
5/5

Create a legendary angel that is neither white nor black.

braveheart
2015-02-24, 12:25 PM
That works, the downside is significant, but when you drop it it's not likely that it will be a significant downside, perhaps if there was an all players mill 3 attached to it then it would be a bit better, otherwise it's good

Angelfish U
Creature - Fish - U
Islandwalk
1/1

Nice and simple

Fulfill another challenge from this page but it needs to have green in its color identity as well

Lord Ruby34
2015-02-24, 01:25 PM
That's not a legendary angel. :smalltongue: Other than that it's still pretty weak, this would struggle mightily to see play even in limited.

Mesana, Attendant of the Wilds 4GG
Legendary Creature- Angel R
Flying
Forests you control have Tap: Target Creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
4/4

Create a card that could be part of a cycle.

braveheart
2015-02-24, 01:50 PM
woops, I missed the legendary part

that's a really strong ability, especially if your running mono green but I think it's pretty strong

Frostwing Dragon 3UU
Creature - Dragon - R
Flying
Whenever Frostwing deals damage to a creature, tap that creature, it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step
4/4

simple cycle challenge, continue the cycle of a dragon in each color

r2d2go
2015-02-24, 02:12 PM
Probably doesn't deserve rare. 3UU for a 4/4 flier is mediocre, and the freeze effect isn't great considering that you're unlikely to have it fight with things that it won't kill. Like, how often do you come across a 3 or less power flier with 5 or more toughness? Would be better if it just froze something whenever it attacked.

Flameburst Dragon 3RR
Creature - Dragon R
Flying
Whenever Flamewing Dragon deals combat damage to a creature, deal 3 damage divided among one, two or three target creatures or players.
4/4

Challenge: Another dragon, but doesn't have to be part of the cycle.

Zaydos
2015-02-24, 02:20 PM
Flameburst Dragon 3RR
Creature - Dragon R
Flying
Whenever Flamewing Dragon deals damage to a creature, deal 3 damage divided among one, two or three target creatures or players.
4/4

Needs to say combat damage so it doesn't trigger itself. This is even then pretty strong (4/4 that if blocked pings 3 or first strikes 3 or...) but not wholly unreasonably so, though I think it'd end up deal 2 or deal 3 damage to target creature or player. Or just make it be whenever it damages a creature deal 3 to target player. That still leaves it a 4/4 pseudo flying trample for 5 which can deal damage by acting as a blocker.

Challenge: Another dragon, but doesn't have to be part of the cycle.

Pollenstorm Dragon 3GG
Creature - Dragon R
Flying
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature add GG to your mana pool. Mana added this way does not empty from your mana pool until your next end step.
4/4

Challenge: Continue the cycle, White or Black!

mystic1110
2015-02-24, 02:23 PM
And . . . another post Ninjad :smallsigh:

Ouch . . . 3RR for what is essentially a better version of a 7/4 flyer. . . works for rare . . but nasty in limited.

Chained Dragon 2RR
Creature - Dragon R
Defender
If Chained dragons power is greater than 10, it loses defender and gains flying (this effect is indefinite)
R: Chained dragon has +1/+0 until end of turn.
6/6

Create another card that has defender but can lose it.

braveheart
2015-02-24, 03:48 PM
you need a way to designate that it is no longer chained, otherwise it works pretty well

Chrysalis Demon 2BG
Creature - Demon, Insect - R
Defender, Reach
If ~ would die, Transform it instead
It waits for it's chamber to be broken...
0/1

Demon Butterfly
Creature - Demon, Insect - R
Flying
So it can devour all
5/5

Jormengand
2015-02-24, 04:23 PM
2BG sounds about right for a 5/5 flyer, so I don't see why you need to have the other side, unless you want to chump-block some eldrazi or something.

Unchallenged Challenge 3UG
Instant - U
Split Second
Counter each other spell and target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
The world began not with an uncaused cause but with an unchallenged challenge.

Next: Create something that's four colours.

r2d2go
2015-02-25, 01:23 AM
It's alright, though a bit weird. I like the play on words, though, with the split-second. A good card overall :smalltongue:

Blitz Nephilim WR(B/G)
Creature - Nephilim R
Haste
Whenever ~ attacks, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Whenever a Nephilim or Nephilim Spawn is blocked, each Nephilim or Nephilim Spawn you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

So blocking it makes it slightly above curve (a 2/2 haste, 2 face damage, and a 1/1 for 3), while letting it get through means it starts making guys. I figure it's not too bad since your opponent can generally choose.

Growth Nephilim UG(W/R)
Creature - Nephilim R
Evolve
Whenever ~ Evolves, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield.
Nephilim Spawn you control have Evolve.
1/1

Control Nephilim WB(U/G)
Creature - Nephilim R
When ~ or a Nephilim Spawn enters the battlefield, exile target creature. Return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next upkeep.
Whenever a creature a creature is returned to the battlefield from exile, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield.
1/1

Chaos Nephilim UR(W/B)
Creature - Nephilim R
Whenever you win a coin flip, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield.
Whenever a Nephilim or Nephilim Spawn enters the battlefield, flip a coin.
Whenever a Nephilim Spawn dies, deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
1/1

Grave Nephilim GB(U/R)
Creature - Nephilim R
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield for each instant, sorcery or creature in your graveyard.
Whenever a creature dies, put a 1/1 Nephilim Spawn token onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice two Nephilim Spawn: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
1/1

Challenge: Another multicolored card. Bonus points for a Sunburst effect (greater effects based on number of mana colors spent).

Jormengand
2015-02-25, 07:32 AM
Well, I don't like the chaos one because it could potentially be putting down a small army of ping-on-death spawn, and having more than a couple of any of them seems like it would get way out of control quickly.

Nemesis Engine X
Artifact Creature - Construct R
Nemesis Engine is all colours.
Sunburst (Nemesis Engine gets a +1/+1 counter for each colour of mana spent to cast it.)
1/1

Yes, it's a strictly-better memnite, which is probably okay at rare. I hope.

Next: Something else with an X but that doesn't actually use the X directly (If that's too hard, just make something with X in its casting cost).

1pwny
2015-02-25, 04:29 PM
Well... I'm fairly sure that's strictly better than a bunch of other cards, like Memnite and Isamaru. Generally though, i guess that's going to be an early-game card because late-game in a 5-color deck, 5 for a 6/6 is fairly underpowered.

Mana Boost - X
Sorcery - MR
If you used W to cast ~, target creature gains and Vigilance until end of turn.
If you used U to cast ~, target creature gains Flying until end of turn.
If you used B to cast ~, target creature gains Deathtouch until end of turn.
If you used R to cast ~, target creature gains First Strike until end of turn.
If you used G to cast ~, target creature gains Trample until end of turn.
Everybody uses it differently - Old Alaran Saying

Challenge: Some multikicker

Jormengand
2015-02-25, 05:09 PM
Well, fortunately you made it a sorcery or I can see a lot of people casting it on a chump for BR. As-is, I'm seeing... maybe WG or WU? Maybe WRG if you're running that.

The Boots of Kick Everything 2
Artifact - Equipment R
Multikicker 2
Each time the Boots of Kick Everything was kicked, put a power counter on it. Whenever you kick a spell, put a power counter on the Boots of Kick Everything.
Equip 3
Equipped creature has +X/+X, where X is the number of power counters on The Boots of Kick Everything.

Anyone who's played Age of Mythologies will know what I'm on about, but I'm still not sure why there exists such an artifact in the first place.

Next: Something else which synergises with itself (Champion of the Parish is another example, I suppose, but preferably a more interesting interaction).

1pwny
2015-02-25, 05:34 PM
Ha! I played that! And here my parents said that my games would never lead to social connections in the real world!

BTW, I have the Titan's expansion. :smallsmile:

r2d2go
2015-02-25, 06:44 PM
I believe something is kicked when you pay the mana and put it onto the stack, so unfortunately this doesn't get two counters from each kick. Still, it's alright. Some sort of green-ramp-multikicker deck, maybe?

Relentless Dragon RRRRR
Creature - Dragon U
Flying
You may have any number of cards named Relentless Dragon in your deck.
Relentless Dragon costs R less for each Relentless Dragon you control.
4/4

Challenge: Another dragon.

Jormengand
2015-02-25, 07:24 PM
Ah, god, it's terrifying. I just want to see someone with some kind of perpetual motion (everything is cantrips) effect and a hand full of relentless dragons.

Alexstrasza 5WWBB
Legendary creature - Dragon MR
Flying
When Alexstrasza enters the battlefield, you may have target player's life total become 10.
I bring life... and death...
8/8

Next: Something else huge.

Fortuna
2015-02-25, 09:21 PM
For all us commander players (and, I guess, for 2HG players and Archenemy players), can you please make it 'half your starting life total'? Other than that... it's a bigger magister sphinx - two more mana in one less colour for +3/+3. Decidedly unexciting, except in Commander where its legendariness makes it really annoying.

Devouring Maw 3BB
Creature - Horror R
T: Destroy target creature with toughness less than Devouring Maw's power and put a +1/+1 counter on Devouring Maw.
3/3

Make a monocolour uncommon creature with two different tap abilities that doesn't transform, flip, or otherwise massively change its state.

Jormengand
2015-02-26, 07:36 AM
I think I made a creature that did the exact same thing before, except for the different subtypes and mine was legendary. Might have been slightly different, but yeah, it works.

Apprentice Pyromancer R
Creature - Human Wizard U
RRT: Put a spark counter on Apprentive Pyromancer
T: Apprentice Pyromancer deals damage to target creature or player equal to the number of spark counters it has.
1/1

Next: More 1-drops that do lots of damage.

braveheart
2015-02-26, 11:55 AM
It'll take a while to build up to be too scary, but it can turn into a shock stick pretty easily, I like it

Infection Swarm G/B
Creature - Insect - MR
Trample
~'s power is equal to the number of swarmingling tokens in play, ~'s toughness is equal to the number of Swarmling token's in play +1
1BBT: Destroy target creature with power less than or equal to ~'s toughness and it's controller places a 0/1 swarmling token onto the battlefield
GT: Place a 0/1 swarmling token onto the battlefield
*/*+1

Make a board wipe

Blue Ghost
2015-02-26, 12:39 PM
It's a cool idea, but it's too busy. Could you trim it down a bit?

Divine Retribution 3WW
Instant (R)
Cast Divine Retribution only if a player was dealt combat damage this turn.
Destroy all creatures.

Next: Make an Aura.

Zaydos
2015-02-26, 12:54 PM
Divine Retribution 3WW
Instant (R)
Cast Divine Retribution only if a player was dealt combat damage this turn.
Destroy all creatures.

It's Day of Judgment with a timing restriction but possible to play during your opponent's turn. As you usually would want to do this before they attack, however, I'd say it should probably not cost more than Day of Judgment (2WW).

Next: Make an Aura.

Fury 1R
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and First Strike.
When Fury is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Fury to its owner's hand.

Challenge: Make a lord... for either Oozes, Spiders, or Treefolk.

braveheart
2015-02-26, 01:19 PM
A red version of rancor, that is pretty terrifying in concept, but it is certainly more balanced than rancor

Spider Emperor 3GG
Creature - Spider - R
Reach
Other Spiders get +1/+2
3/4

make something tricky in blue

mystic1110
2015-02-26, 01:44 PM
Kind of a bland lord, no?

The Lies We Tell 2UU
Sorcery - R
Bluff (When you cast this spell name a card. Target opponent guesses whether a card with that name is in your hand. You may reveal your hand. If you do and your opponent guessed wrong, you win the bluff)
Draw 2 cards. If you won the bluff, draw 4 cards instead.

Create another Bluff Card

Jormengand
2015-02-26, 02:18 PM
Oof. That's pretty nasty, and I wonder if it shouldn't perhaps cost one more.

The Secrets We Keep 2WW
Sorcery R
Bluff. If you win the bluff, you gain 10 life.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you this turn.

Next: These are kinda fun, so make another one. Or, if you don't like it, make a giant.

braveheart
2015-02-26, 03:53 PM
Really good if you pass the bluff, but overcosted if you fail, I'm going to assume that is the intended balance for Bluff

False Intel 5B
Instant - R
Bluff (When you cast this spell name a card. Target opponent guesses whether a card with that name is in your hand. You may reveal your hand. If you do and your opponent guessed wrong, you win the bluff)
Destroy Target Creature, If you win the Bluff destroy all attacking creatures

Make something that is just plain broken in exactly one Format, and nearly useless in every other format

Jormengand
2015-02-26, 04:16 PM
Way overpriced even if you win the bluff. Also odd colours but the colour bend seems fair enough for bluff spells.

This is, incidentally, a terrible idea. Things shouldn't really be format-breakers.

Palar the Exiled P
Legendary creature - Human Wizard R
When you cast Palar the Exiled, if you cast him from your hand, library or graveyard, exile him.
10/10

You win by commander damage on turn 3. I guess? Seriously, that's not a fun challenge and Palar isn't a fun card. The card I made that wasn't legendary and so you had to cheat it out of exile and onto the battlefield (Revivify, the WP keyword, is only into your hand) was way more interesting. Anyway, whatever.

Next: CMC matters... but high CMC is bad.

Fortuna
2015-02-26, 05:55 PM
It's a bad card for a bad challenge. No blame to you (although did it have to be purple? :smalltongue:)

So, um. This challenge... is basically the entire game, right? High CMC means it's harder to cast. :smalltongue:

Fell the Mighty 1WW
Sorcery - U
Destroy target creature with the highest converted mana cost among creatures in play.

Make a noncreature rare with only one line of text.

Jormengand
2015-02-26, 06:09 PM
Yes, it had to be purple! :smalltongue: (What other colour would it be? White? Blue? Too big. Red, green, black? Do they even have exile synergy?)

Anyway, that was the basic idea I had, so GJ. Though that said, it could probably stand to cost a little less - something that will take out an elder cathar over a CotP isn't amazing. Even less colour weight would do?

Manabane Gem 5
Artifact R
Players can't play lands.

Next: Something legendary that affects instants and sorceries.

mystic1110
2015-02-26, 06:18 PM
Seriously? That card is ridiculous - it's not fun, and all it leads is to locking the game down. . . Hell combo it with LD or mana accel and game could be over very quickly.

Ksibide, Mouth-stitched Templar WBU
Creature - Human Knight Rogue R
Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked you may have defending player gain control of it instead.
You may not cast instants, sorceries or enchantments.
4/4

Yes combo with pacifism - but that's a 5 mana combo that involves an attack that isn't blocked and still lets the opponent play Creatures, Artifacts and Planeswalkers.

Create an equipment that grants at least 5 power

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-02-26, 08:18 PM
I like it, though I'm not sure the flavor lands. A knight rogue is interesting, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with the ability. Colors are right, and it's a fun effect. Not sure it needs to be wrapped in such a tough 4/4 shell, though. Also, it would probably be clearer if it read "Ksibide's controller can't cast instants or sorceries."

Hammer of Fate 5
Legendary Artifact-Equipment; R

At the beginning of your upkeep, add a luck counter to Hammer of Fate.
Whenever equipped creature attacks or blocks, flip X coins, where X is the number of luck counters on Hammer of Fate.
For each flip you win, equipped creature gets +5/+0. For each flip you lose, equipped creature gets -5/+5.
If you win five or more flips in any one session, you win the game. If you lose five or more flips in any one session, you lose the game.

Equip 3

"You know what they say about Lady Luck-she's a bitch.
-Norin the Wary

Next challenge: Make an Elf Knight.

Fortuna
2015-02-26, 08:35 PM
So on average, this is actually detrimental to the equipped creature, and it's as likely to lose the game as win it at any given moment. This is unplayable awful. Even with Krark's Thumb it's hopelessly overcosted for a so-so combo.

Elven Renegade 2WW
Creature - Elf Knight
Whenever Elven Renegade attacks, target creature you control can't be blocked by elves this turn.
4/5
Give me the cities over the forests, and civilization over barbarism, and a sword over a bow.

Make a common artifact creature with a drawback.

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-02-26, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I know it's terrible. I just wanted to make a card representing the hammer Norin carries in his art.
Your card is potentially interesting as a sideboard against Elf decks, but that's too narrow to really be practical. Otherwise seems to be a decent enough card in draft, and could actually be useful in an elf-heavy limited.

Myr Razorslave {BP}
Artifact Creature; C

Whenever Myr Razorslave attacks or blocks, sacrifice it.

"The serve their purpose."
-Jin-Gitaxias

2/1

Next: Create a red-white Mirran card.

Fortuna
2015-02-26, 09:12 PM
So it... enters play and then leaves play, accomplishing precisely nothing along the way? Not even a combo deck wants it - it doesn't die easily enough to be used for graveyard shenanigans. Cards like this shouldn't go at common; common is the workhorses of the set, not oddities and weirdos.

Fury of the Dying 2WR
Enchantment R
Each creature you control has +2/+0 for each -1/-1 counter on it.

Make a common artifact creature with a drawback that belongs at common. :smalltongue:

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-02-26, 09:37 PM
It's a fun effect, and one that appeals to me, but I'm just not sure how useful it would really be. It has utility as a hail-mary, when you're loaded up with poison and -1/-1 counters at the end of the game, but otherwise it seems not to be worth the mana cost or the space in your deck. Still, it's offensive and flavorful, so I'd at least playtest it.

Silent-Gear 1U
Artifact Creature-Ninja; C

Ninjutsu 1

Whenever Silent-Gear deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and then discard a card at random.

1/1

Next: Design a non-planeswalker version of Ugin.

Zaydos
2015-02-26, 09:40 PM
Fury of the Dying 2WR
Enchantment R
Each creature you control has +2/+0 for each -1/-1 counter on it.

Interesting, not sure if it is actually stronger than a standard anthem for the increased price, but it's close enough.

Make a common artifact creature with a drawback that belongs at common. :smalltongue:

Rebellious Auto-Drone 1
Artifact Creature - Construct
At the beginning of your upkeep you lose 1 life.
2/1

Silent-Gear 1U
Artifact Creature-Ninja; C

Ninjutsu 1

Whenever Silent-Gear deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and then discard a card at random.

1/1

1/1 for 2 with an ability which is usually disadvantageous but capable of being gimmicked? The ability belongs to an uncommon since it's mainly actually a bonus that requires work to make it not a penalty and the card has no real use except in that as it is overcosted for its P/T. As a 1 drop this might work, but really the ninjutsu doesn't fit for a common as well.

Next: Design a non-planeswalker version of Ugin.

Ugin the Ghost Dragon 6
Legendary Creature - Dragon R
Flying
Creature cards you own gain Morph with a cost to turn them face up equal to their converted mana cost.
Reduce the mana cost for you to cast cards face down by 2.
5/5

Challenge: Make a goblin. An uncommon goblin.

Jormengand
2015-02-27, 03:19 PM
Your hand is 2/2s for 1? Ehh, not terrible, though not very exciting either.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer 4UR
Creature - Goblin Rogue U
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, draw a card.
I got the best deals anywhere!
4/4

I'm guessing/hoping that C/R/E/L is a decent analog to C/U/R/MR. Anyway, the effect doesn't seem too strange for U, given the size is fairly low for its cost. Hmm.

Next: Something legendary.

Blue Ghost
2015-02-27, 03:32 PM
The card looks fine, though 4/4 is really big for a goblin in MTG, and I'd expect some justification for that. I wouldn't do a direct conversion of Hearthstone rarities to Magic; I think it's better handled on a case-by-case basis.

Selena Fluorspar 1UR
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Tactics -- Whenever you cast a spell during combat, Selena Fluorspar deals 3 damage to target creature and target player.
You may cast noncreature spells as though they had flash.
3/2

Next: Make another legendary Human.

Jormengand
2015-02-27, 04:33 PM
Let's break this down. That's a 3/2 for 3 with everything is flash, which I wouldn't judge as a terrible uncommon. Then, you have her tactics: When you're in combat, any spell you play - be it enchantment, artifact, instant, or sorcery (or if any creatures you control have flash organically, creature) - causes a lightning bolt to face, and another lightning bolt to board. The only downside to this ability is that you can't choose not to board (I don't see why you'd not want to face, but you can't not face either) which might mean you can only target your own creatures. That means that she's throwing two usually-considered-broken spells that usually cost R and a card, free, easily up to 4 times on the next turn. That's not okay. That's not okay.

And that's terrible. :smalltongue:

Let's try this one, the last of the lot. Though the others probably need a rework, especially Tasia Zelb.

Melissa Gidai 2PPGG
Legendary Creature - Human Hunter MR
When Melissa Gidai enters the battlefield, you may Lock In target creature.
Paragon - If Melissa has the highest power among creatures you control, she gets "At the start of your upkeep, you may Lock In target creature."
T: Melissa Gidai fights any number of locked in creatures.
4/6

This is actually really hard to balance. Hmm... ah well.

Next: Something from one of the opposite-colour guilds, real or invented (Orzhov, Izzet, or Gidai) that has the theme of that opposition in it.

braveheart
2015-02-27, 06:37 PM
That's an odd one, At a glance I think it might be overcosted, but when you think about it it's not. So I guess it works.

Lava Pump 2RR
Sorcery - R
Deal damage to target opponent equal to the total power of target creature you control
Overload 5RRRRR (you may cast this spell for it's overload cost, If you do change it's text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each")

Make a legendary Beast that isn't green

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-02-27, 07:58 PM
I'm not positive it responds to the challenge, but it's a decent enough effect with a way, way overcosted overload. And, honestly, this works better in Gruul or Naya than Izzet. Izzet is pretty good at high power/low toughness creatures, but the power typically only lasts until the end of the turn, and usually costs mana, meaning that you're almost certainly not going to have enough for the overload cost.

The Chamberlain WUB
Legendary Artifact Creature-Sphinx Beast

Flying
T: Put a riddle counter on target creature. Creatures with riddle counters on them can't attack or block and have "2: Remove a riddle counter from this creature."

While the Hegemon craves new riddles, the Chamberlain make demands supplicants answer his.

2/3

Next: Make a Rigger (http://magiccards.info/fut/en/121.html)

r2d2go
2015-02-28, 04:29 AM
Huh. It's pretty strong, great low-cost control card, especially with Voltaic Key and such. Probably fine, though it'd definitely have to be rare.

Tinkering Rigger 1UR
Creature - Goblin Rigger U
T, UR - Assemble a Contraption.
T, Sacrifice a Contraption: Add 4 to your mana pool. Spend this mana only on artifacts.
2/2

Assemble a Contraption: Put an artifact token named Contraption onto the battlefield.

Challenge: Another ability from Future Sight.

Jormengand
2015-02-28, 07:39 AM
You know, I kinda plan on making the most hellishly broken deck I can make out of all of our cards, and I think I may have to four-of this dude in with lots of idols. These contraptions be cray.

That said, I am definitely four-of'ing Ley Angel and that guy who makes all your artifacts cheaper... and possibly my The Omnissiah. :smalltongue:

Knower of Fates 3UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard R
Whenever you would scry X, you may fateseal X instead.
4/4

Next: Some other substitution effect.

Ionbound
2015-02-28, 01:01 PM
Huh...Seems pretty mean, especially on a 4/4, considering how prevalent Scry Lands are and how resistant this thing is to removal. I don't think it's overcosted, specifically, just that it should have 3 or less toughness for what it does and how common Scry is currently.

Knowledge From the Visions-2UU

Enchantment-R

Whenever you would Scry X, Draw X instead.

Challenge: Create a Tribal card for a tribe that isn't very prevalent.

r2d2go
2015-02-28, 02:36 PM
Dang. That's... very strong, in the right deck (scrylands become cantriplands, scryfish becomes drawfish, Preordain becomes Ancestral Recall, etc). Should probably cost more or have some limit.

Turtle Turtle 1GG
Creature - Turtle R
Other turtles you control gain +1/+1 and "T - This creature gets +0/+3 until end of turn."
2/2

Challenge: Make another turtle.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-28, 02:49 PM
It's a nice turtle lord. It actually kind of feels like a Brushwagg lord, and there's not much flavor justification to speak of. Why are the other turtles so inspired by this one?

Arctic Snapper 2U
Creature - Turtle C
Whenever Arctic Snapper deals combat damage to a creature, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Though its diet mainly consists of small fish, it may also scavenge the frozen bodies of predators it has previously fended off.
1/4

Challenge! Make an Aura enchantment that's not good for the thing it's enchanting.

Jormengand
2015-02-28, 03:31 PM
1/4 for 2U that freezes anything it touches. Neat, I guess: don't see why not.

Dying of the Light 4B
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant creature.
At the start of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
When enchanted creature dies, you may exile Dying of the Light and return it to the battlefield under your control.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Next: Along similar lines, make a curse (enchant opponent).

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-02-28, 10:08 PM
I like it. It's persistent and difficult to eradicate, and yet slow enough not to be particularly game-breaking. It's mana cost might be a little high, but considering how persistent it is, it's still probably worth it, in the right deck.

Curse of Anterograde Amnesia 2UB
Enchantment-Aura Curse; R

Enchant player
At the end of each end step, enchanted player discards X cards, where X is the number of cards he or she drew this turn.

"Planeswalkers. They always forget their biggest weakness is their fragile sanity, at least until it's too late."
-Ugin, Eternity King

Next: Create an 'evolving' creature like Figure of Destiny (http://magiccards.info/query?q=figure+of+destiny&v=list&s=issue) or Warden of the First Tree (http://magiccards.info/frf/en/143.html).

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-01, 12:45 AM
That thing has the potential for a lot of card advantage. The good part is that it realizes that potential in an interesting way, which I am happy about. Your opponent can try to dodge the worst of it by playing out their hand quickly. But, even then, I imagine it'll usually hit 3 or 4 cards as it forces him or her into topdeck mode, which is kind of an anti-fun way of doing things. It could get even nastier in a howling mine/psychic possession sort of deck, but it doesn't need it. The effect could thus probably stand to be a bit more expensive and still impress. It also kind of acts like a mono-black discard effect, but its place in a blue mutual-draw scenario might justify the multicolor route.

Anyway. What's that? You want another turtle? Okay, here you go!

Molting Leatherback 1G
Creature - Turtle R
1(u/b): If Molting Leatherback is not a Mutant, it becomes a Mutant Turtle with base power and toughness 2/3 and, "whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card unless defending player discards a card."
3(u/b): If Molting Leatherback is a Mutant, it becomes Mutant Ninja Turtle with base power and toughness 3/4 and can't be blocked.
1/2

EDIT: Apparently they were forced to change the way they phrase these abilities since FoD came out. Changed mine to match.

Challenge! Make a nonturtle teenage mutant ninja.

r2d2go
2015-03-01, 05:23 PM
At the moment I believe the third form simply makes it a 3/4 unblockable rather than a 3/4 draw-discard unblockable. Still, assuming it works as intended, very nice, probably a little undercosted considering how quickly it gets out and how much value it generates. Cool idea though.

Slippery Choker 1UBG
Creature - Mutant Ninjitsu R
Ninjitsu 2UBG
Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, you may return it to your hand. If you do, target creature gets -5/-5 until end of turn.
2/2

Challenge: Another Ninjitsu card.

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-03-01, 11:02 PM
Pretty strong, but I like it and the cost seems to fit. Colors are good too. It might be a little too roundabout of a way to achieve removal, but it's still fun. Although I'm pretty sure ninjutsu is always supposed to be less than the hardcast cost.

This is card that I've posted at least twice in the past, but it's still my favorite card ever, so here it is again:

Kenshin Battle-Mind 3UUR
Legendary Creature-Human Samurai Ninja; R

Ninjustu 2UUR
Bushido 2
Whenever Kenshin Battle-Mind enters the battlefield tapped and attacking, you may have up to two target creatures block it this turn.
Whenever a creature blocking or blocked by Kenshin Battle-Mind dies, draw X cards, where X is the number of Bushido points Kenshin Battle-Mind has.

"Duty and cunning are not mutually exclusive, my Lord Konda."
-Upon his dismissal from the Eiganjo Guard.

3/2

I looked up the rules on this a while ago, and I'm pretty sure that creatures can still be forced, by other effects, to block after the 'declare blockers' step has ended.

Next: Make a Samurai.

Zaydos
2015-03-01, 11:16 PM
Kenshin Battle-Mind 3UUR
Legendary Creature-Human Samurai Ninja; R

Ninjustu 2UUR
Bushido 2
Whenever Kenshin Battle-Mind enters the battlefield tapped and attacking, you may have up to two target creatures block it this turn.
Whenever a creature blocking or blocked by Kenshin Battle-Mind dies, draw X cards, where X is the number of Bushido points Kenshin Battle-Mind has.

"Duty and cunning are not mutually exclusive, my Lord Konda.
-Upon his dismissal from the Eiganjo Guard.

3/2

I looked up the rules on this a while ago, and I'm pretty sure that creatures can still be forced, by other effects, to block after the 'declare blockers' step has ended.

While this is correct it's ability is not quite. The X is awkwardly worded and as Bushido triggers when you become blocked you don't get it twice for multiple blockers. So it would be best to just make it draws X where X is its Bushido value or just 2. On that note, however, it is extremely undercosted for double provoke plus draw 4 (draw 4 being a 5 or 6 drop effect on its own).

Next: Make a Samurai.

Miyamoto Musashi 2RRR
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai MR
Bushido 1, Double Strike
Prevent all damage which would be dealt to ~ by creatures.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature you may gain control of an equipment attached to that creature and attach it to ~.
3/3

Challenge: Make a man in tights.

r2d2go
2015-03-02, 12:19 AM
Dang. Just a 3/3 Bushido 1 Doublestrike is probably worth 5 mana. The combat-invincibility, plus the weapon-steal, makes this a really, really strong card... if it weren't for the fact that mono red probably won't hit 5 mana. As-is, it might be a reasonable sideboard, but overall costs too much. I think it'd be better at 1RRR and 2/2, or maybe RRR and 2/1. Eh, still cool :smalltongue:

Paragon Mimic 2UG
Creature - Shapeshifter R
~ enters the battlefield as the copy of target creature, except that it gains "Heroic - ~ gains +2/+2 and Indestructible until end of turn."
Anyone can be a hero.
0/0

Challenge: Another mimic (either type-wise or copying-target-wise, bonus points for both).

mystic1110
2015-03-02, 10:05 AM
indestructible seems weird to put on a UG creature? Maybe make it 1UWG - or make it give hexproof instead of indestruble?

Barkburner Mimic 1{R/G}
Creature - Shapeshifter C
Whenever you cast a spell that's both red and green, barkburner Mimic has base power and toughness 6/4 until end of turn.
2/1

based on the Eventide enemy color mimic cycle. Gave the shape shift ability +2/+0 instead of wither or other abilities

Create a card whose title only contains words that start with the letter "A"

braveheart
2015-03-02, 11:52 AM
It works, it's flavorful, and seems balanced but on the strong side of balanced

Artisan Arthropods 2G
Creature - Insect - U
Outlast 1G
Each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it has +0/+1
2/3

Make something else with outlast

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-03-02, 10:13 PM
Decent. Price seems right, although Outlast might could stand to cost 1 less. Feels more white than green, though, like most outlast effects.

Lord Quartermaster 2WW
Creature-Human Soldier; R

Outlast 1W
Whenever you activate a creature's Outlast ability, put an additional +1/+1 counter on that creature.

"The material is to the moral as three is to one."
-Anafenza, the Foremost

2/4

Next: Design a dragon that's also another creature type (examples: Dragon Ogre, Dragon Beast, Human Dragon, etc.)

Lord Ruby34
2015-03-03, 02:55 AM
It's probably fine, a functional but unexciting rare. The cost and stats seem correct for a rare.

Half Blooded Paladin 2RW
Creature-Human Dragon Knight U
Vigilance, Haste
R:~ Gets +1/+0 Until end of turn.
W:~ Gets +0/+1 Until end of turn.
2/3

Design a Knight

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-03-03, 03:43 AM
Mostly I like it, but it seems like a slightly worse version of Truefire Paladin (http://magiccards.info/query?q=truefire&v=card&s=cname), which was a decent enough card in limited, but not so useful in constructed. It might be a little overcosted, but the abilities are flavorful.

Golgari Grave-Warden 2BG
Creature-Zombie Elf Knight; R

Deathtouch, lifelink
Whenever you exile a card from your graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Golgari Grave-Warden.

2/2

Next: Make a viashino

braveheart
2015-03-03, 12:10 PM
In a Golgari deck that is pretty scary, In a deck that uses a lot of delve it is terrifying. Given all the features It should probably cost 1 more mana, or come it a little weaker

Bloodscale Acrobat - 3RG
Creature - Viashino - R
~ can't be blocked except by 2 or more creatures
when ~ becomes blocked, prevent damage dealt by target creature blocking ~ until end of turn
4/3

make a new ability

Jormengand
2015-03-03, 12:21 PM
Apart from the slightly silly interaction with illusions and hexproof/protection and stuff, it seems cool.

Champion Casper 3WR
Legendary Creature - Human Knight R
Protection from Creatures, Challenge (When Champion Casper attacks, if your opponent controls creatures that could block him, you may Challenge. If you do, Champion Casper must be blocked.)
In Eisenhafen, you may either choose a normal trial, or trial by combat. Even the guilty usually prefer a normal trial.
5/3

Challenge: Challenge. If you don't like it, make another ability to cover a similar mechanical or fluff perspective.

r2d2go
2015-03-03, 01:39 PM
Apart from the slightly silly interaction with illusions and hexproof/protection and stuff, it seems cool.

Champion Casper 3WR
Legendary Creature - Human Knight R
Protection from Creatures, Challenge (When Champion Casper attacks, if your opponent controls creatures that could block him, you may Challenge. If you do, Champion Casper must be blocked.)
In Eisenhafen, you may either choose a normal trial, or trial by combat. Even the guilty usually prefer a normal trial.
5/3

Challenge: Challenge. If you don't like it, make another ability to cover a similar mechanical or fluff perspective.

That might be too strong. Dies to removal, but you're basically getting an Edict every turn. Still, Aggro can sometimes ignore it by leaving nothing untapped, and green can block with huge things, so it has it's weak points. Still, maybe make it 4/3?

Gruul Striker 1RG
Creature - Warrior U
Challenge, Trample
3/2

Challenge: Something tricolor.

Jormengand
2015-03-03, 04:27 PM
Huh. It's pretty neat, I guess. Seems fair enough.

Actually, you know what. Because apparently Deny and Accelerate are EvilBadWrong, and Challenge seems kinda purple as well as WR:

Trostan Champion 1WPR
Creature - Purgator Knight R
Haste, Challenge (When Trostan Champion attacks, if your opponent controls creatures that could block him, you may Challenge. If you do, he must be blocked.), Judgement (When a creature fighting, blocking or blocked by this creature dies, exile it)
3/3

Next: Other Trostan guild mechanic.

Darksoul Saint WUB
One Eye Open - When you draw a card, you gain 1 life and target opponent loses 1 life.
2/3

Next: Create something else with One Eye Open (When you draw a card, do X)

Zaydos
2015-03-03, 04:35 PM
Huh. It's pretty neat, I guess. Seems fair enough.

Actually, you know what. Because apparently Deny and Accelerate are EvilBadWrong, and Challenge seems kinda purple as well as WR:

As a worse version of Lure/Provoke, Challenge actually falls primarily in Green's slice of the pie (though Red and White both get bleed there). Actually what part of it is vaguely in keeping with the alienness/exile theme of purple?

Trostan Champion 1WPR
Creature - Purgator Knight R
Haste, Challenge (When Trostan Champion attacks, if your opponent controls creatures that could block him, you may Challenge. If you do, he must be blocked.), Judgement (When a creature fighting, blocking or blocked by this creature dies, exile it)
3/3

Reasonable.

Darksoul Saint WUB
One Eye Open - When you draw a card, you gain 1 life and target opponent loses 1 life.
2/3

Possibly too much in a draw heavy deck, look at classic Niv-Mizzet. It is 3 colored, though, which might make it acceptable especially since it can't be comboed with Curiosity, but it might should be 1WUB.

Next: Create something else with One Eye Open (When you draw a card, do X)

Lorespider 3GG
Creature - Spider U
Reach
One Eye Open - When you draw a card, ~ gains +2/+2 until end of turn.
2/4

Challenge: Make an Enchant Artifact.

Jormengand
2015-03-03, 04:46 PM
I dunno, thematically challenge seems to be honour (White) agressive (Red) and single combat (purple) - purple places value on the individual, purple people get very aggravated if they have to work with other people and change plans to suit others.

Huh. None of the original OEO colours, but still seems to work. Wouldn't want that slamming into my face after a round of cantrips.

That said... asynergistic. The reach wants it to be your opponent's turn, the OEO wants it to be your turn (because you'll have drawn a card in your draw step).

Fickleblade X{U/R}
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Equipment. Only enchant an Equipment with equip X or less.
Enchanted Equpment has Equip 0.

Next: Yo dawg, heard you liked enchantments. Make an Enchant Enchantment (So you can enchant while you enchant).

r2d2go
2015-03-03, 06:07 PM
It's very good for a deck that has a lot of creatures with equipment support. I suppose it's alright, though might deserve UR instead of (U/R).

Enhance Enhancement 1WW
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Enchantment Enchanting a creature you control.
Enchanted Enchantment gains "Enchanted creature gains +2/+2 for each enchantment enchanting it."

Challenge: Something else with a lot of the same word.

Jormengand
2015-03-03, 06:22 PM
Seems a bit... redundant? You could just have it enchant an enchanted creature directly and then not count itself when adding up enchantments; I guess it stops them stacking on each other but... ehh. The enchant enchantment thing just seems to be there to fit the challenge rather than as something the card wants.

Apart from that, it's Mage Power straight out of YGO, and has the same problems (seriously, no-one wants a creature with like 10500 bonus power going for their face, and neither do they want a 10/10 rocking about).

The Gaiaphage 4UBG
Legendary creature - Horror MR
Defender, Indestructible.
UBG, discard a card: Counter target spell. Put a +1/+1 counter on The Gaiaphage.
You control each creature with a power lower than the number of +1/+1 counters on The Gaiaphage.
It's hungry... hungry in the dark.
0/12

Look, three is a lot, okay!

Next: Something else big with defender.

Ninjaman
2015-03-04, 03:56 AM
I don't know what the flavor is suposed to be. being able to counter things is really strong, but gaining control will take forever with that ability. But be completely broken with something like increasing savergery.

Mental Guardian - 3UU
Creature - Illusion Giant - R
Defender
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause you to reveal your hand, don't reveal your hand instead.
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause you to discard one or more cards, you discard no cards instead.
3/7

Make another illusion.

Jormengand
2015-03-04, 10:47 AM
The Gaiaphage was a creature (Deity?) from GONE/HUNGER/LIES/PLAGUE/FEAR/LIGHT which couldn't be fought by any means except literally dropping it into a giant hole (indestructible but not outcast), was able to feed off other people's pseudo-magic abilities (Counter into counters) and as it got more powerful it started controlling people (You control blah-di-blah).

Couldn't that be written "If you would reveal your hand or discard cards, you don't"? Not sure the first part works though, because you might get people having to choose an instant or sorcery spell from a hand they can't see as part of the resolution of an ability.

Illusion of Choice
Sorcery U
(Illusion of Choice is blue)
Suspend 3 - U
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
You can choose what, but you have to sacrifice the when. You can choose how at the cost of where. But only you will ever know why.

Next: Something to do with time.