PDA

View Full Version : shadowrun in 3.5?

CyberThread
2015-01-02, 01:08 AM
Basic Google search not coming up with much. Not even homebrew. Anyone have any resources?

T.G. Oskar
2015-01-02, 01:17 AM
I recall seeing somewhere a PDF with an attempt to work Shadowrun via the OGL. Methinks it's called Shadowrun d20 or something like that. I believe it used d20 Modern rules instead of 3.5, though.

Had rules for playing an Adept, Decker, Mage, Rigger and Shaman in addition to the d20 Modern base classes. Mage and Shaman were treated separately, and used the Arcane and Divine class features instead. It also had rules for Cyberware, but by adding Essence directly as a sort-of ability score. Mages didn't get Initiation, as far as I recall, and Adepts had their Power Point resource tacked in.

From a Shadowrun perspective, it's a good translation, but it ends up kinda wonky on the d20 side, since it requires tampering with the rules until they fit the Shadowrun setting.

If you're aiming for d20 Modern and its rules, there was a supplement called d20 CyberRave, which was meant to play in a Cyberpunk setting, with a few campaign settings aimed at it. Mix that with Urban Arcana and d20 Future, and you have another approximation to the Shadowrun rules.

However, a Shadowrun setting (or rules) meant strictly for 3.5? No, not really. It'd be fun to play Eberron in a Shadowrun-esque lens. Also, d20 Modern works well for a typical shadowrun: the last session my friends and I had on d20 Modern (where I was attempting to deal with a a Drow ethnic criminal gang to support a community) ended up as an impromptu shadowrun (the last session was Legwork, and our next session should end up in the "proper" run).

Jeraa
2015-01-02, 02:11 AM
I recall seeing somewhere a PDF with an attempt to work Shadowrun via the OGL. Methinks it's called Shadowrun d20 or something like that. I believe it used d20 Modern rules instead of 3.5, though.

Conveniently, someone else is talking about this in another board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?390239-Shadowrun-without-Shadowrun). And yes, it is based on d20 Modern.