PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class NPC Class - Musician

Roxxy
2015-01-03, 02:22 AM
This is meant to represent a military drummer, bugler, piper, shanty man, or the like without having to provide actual spellcasting ability. They serve as an essential part of any military unit's communication system, and can inspire their fellow troops to fight harder in battle.

Weapons and Armor: Light armor, no shields, simple and martial weapons
Hit Die: 8
Skill Points: 4 + Int
Class Skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perception, Perform, Profession
BAB: 3/4
Fort: Bad
Ref: Good
Will: Bad
1st Level: Gains Bardic Performance as the Bard ability, but can only use it to inspire courage. This is the only special ability the Musician class gets.

So, pretty quick and dirty, not very powerful at all. Just thought I'd share it in case anyone else finds it useful.

Extra Anchovies
2015-01-03, 01:47 PM
Hm. Would be a good dip if you want to combine Inspire Courage with some lawful-only PrC.

Roxxy
2015-01-03, 01:58 PM
Hm. Would be a good dip if you want to combine Inspire Courage with some lawful-only PrC.If you play Pathfinder, Bards can be lawful.

I actually forget what the 3.5 Bard gets at level 1. Is it really just Inspire Courage?

Ah, well. Even if it is an attractive dip, there is no way it is overpowered, so I don't see a problem. Though, if playing 3.5 you may want to drop the hit die to 6.

Extra Anchovies
2015-01-03, 02:48 PM
If you play Pathfinder, Bards can be lawful.

I actually forget what the 3.5 Bard gets at level 1.

Bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1

Roxxy
2015-01-03, 02:50 PM
Bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1Okay, so this isn't close to matching the 3.5 Bard. Good. It is an NPC class, after all. I balanced it against PF Bards, but forgot to do so against 3.5 Bards. Granted, this was really, really quick and easy to make, given that it only does one thing. I was just statting up common military forces for my setting, and decided I wanted drummers to have Inspire Courage but not spellcasting, so I whipped something up fast.