PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Code

Falcos
2015-01-03, 02:35 PM
So... A CW Samurai has, essentially, intimidate as their entire class.

Intimidate checks can cause an enemy to cower in fear.

Would attacking them then be considered dishonourable, and violate the Code of Honour?

Afgncaap5
2015-01-03, 02:47 PM
That'd depend on the GM and the situation, I think. I'd say so, unless they're somehow choosing to attack you even while cowering. However, simple forms of attacking would probably be permitted (like, pushing them out of the way if they're resolutely standing in front of a door while cowering).

Dgrin
2015-01-03, 03:12 PM
As always, that depends on your GM.
Bushido was not some set of rules - it was constantly changing. So I'd say player and GM should work the code out before playing.

Speaking about killing cowering enemy... No, I don't think it is dishonorable. If it is a samurai duel, it may be more respectful not to attack your enemy while he's cowering. But what is dishonorable here? You are right before him, he still has his weapon and can fight. He's afraid of you - so kill him and let the fear go. At least he deserves to die to your hand.

Vhaidara
2015-01-03, 03:17 PM
My view would be:
He is too much of a coward to continue fighting. It is better that he die than live with that dishonor.

atemu1234
2015-01-03, 03:21 PM
My view would be:
He is too much of a coward to continue fighting. It is better that he die than live with that dishonor.

I second this.

BWR
2015-01-03, 03:24 PM
My view would be:

Thirded.
Better that his lord know that the fallen retainer died in his service than a coward who let his lord down to save his own life.

Dgrin
2015-01-03, 03:25 PM
My view would be:

Agreed. Fear touches the heart of all but samurai stands above his emotion. Samurai should hold respect for their enemy, even when his enemy doesn't have the courage to fight. In that case, he should finish the fight and continue his mission: samurai or not, his enemy is now dead.