PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need Idea for Achievement Feat

SuwinTzi
2015-01-04, 01:26 AM
Background information: Human paladin, falchion, lvl 3 Pwr attack and Furious Focus, 3rd feat not chosen.

Did a dungeon crawl with 2 other players, ran into 2 Minotaurs.

Samurai and Ninja take one, I take the other.

Marked my minotaur, pwr atk, deal 24dmg. "Nice!"

DM rolls, looks at me, says, "I'm so sorry..." 20.

Rolls for dmg....and does 46 dmg to my 40hp pally...

Ninja and Samurai are chipping away at other Minotaur.

I roll to stabilize, success! Minotaur ambles over to N and S without trampling me.

I roll to regain conciousness, success! Use one LoH and take a 5ft step adjacent to the Taur that hit me.

Both taurs are wailing on the S and N respectively.

Declare pwr attack and roll....18! Confirmed my crit, and DM just rules the minotaur I hit falls over dead, but the exertion causes my pally to collapse and pass out.

Fast foward/skip a bit, the same pally is inserted into an existing campaign the other players were doing. We wrap up our session and everyone has left except for the DM, one other guy and me. Other guy wants to test his Dex Dual wield Kukri against a Minotaur....solo (he's new).

I ask for a similar run against a minotaur. DM sets up the fighter then turns to me (same DM who did the dungeon crawl), rolls to attack....it's a 20. His jaw drops, and he's chuckling saying his dice must want me dead. Rolls for dmg.....and again does 46 leaving my pally at -6 hp.

Fighter is struggling against his Minotaur so they both turn their attention to me. I roll to stabilize....success!! Roll to regain consciousness....1. DM feels so bad that he just lets me take a hit instead of outright killing my character. Rules the minotaur ignores my pally and an hour passes. Roll again....another 1. We all freak out at how badly MY OWN DICE wants me dead (they always do this during combat, never skill checks).

DM decides to be nice and just rules I lose another HP. At -8, Minotaur still ignoring me....and I make the next roll. I use LoH to heal up a bit, -2 hp. DM declares that I can still act as though disabled though I'm at negative HP, so I step forward 1 square. Minotaur swings his axe...and misses. I use another LoH and use Power Atk...deals 24 dmg. DM tells me the Minotaur is hit badly but still up for a fight. He attacks again....another miss!

I use another LoH and roll with Power Attack again....20! Confirmed! Roll dmg....48 total! Minotaur falls over dead, while my DM is wishing he could give me something, since I never make these kinds of rolls when we're actually playing with the group.

So any idea what would be fitting for a Paladin that did that? DM isn't sure what would be appropriately awesome, that isn't OP.

TL;DR Pally survives from negative HP while soloing a Minotaur twice! Need ideas for a feat/bonus/stat/something.

Kol Korran
2015-01-04, 06:44 AM
I usually suck at mechanics, but here are some thoughts:

(One of the following options)
Rise to the challenge!
You do not let your friends down, and you are not easily toppled over! If you fall to negative hitpoints, You may roll a will save (DC 10+ enemy's CR). If you succeed, you may as a swift action expand a use of lay on hands on yourself (even though unconscious), and get to your feat (In the same swift action. Not provoking an AoO). If the lay on hands healing does not get you to 0 or above, you remain unconscious. You can use this ability up to once per encounter.

OR:

Back with a vengeance!
If you get knocked to negative hit points, but then return to positives, you get a free use of smite evil against the enemy that fell you.

OR:

Bull headed bull slayer!
Once per day, when faced with an enemy with at least 4 Str than you, you may use Bull's strength, taking upon yourself the power of a minotaur. CL= your character's level.

OR:

Hard to kill
You gain a +5 bonus to stabilize and regain consciousness checks.

I hope you may like any of these. I suck at machanincs and balance, but I hope this are flavorful enough.

SuwinTzi
2015-01-05, 02:51 AM
Thanks I'll bring em to my DM and see what he thinks.