PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed For VoP -- List of Ordinary Simple Weapons?

Palanan
2015-01-04, 11:58 AM
Is there a comprehensive list of simple weapons from across the 3.5 sourcebooks?

Or are there no simple weapons other than those presented in the PHB? Apart from the blowgun in OA, I'm not finding much, and I'd love to know if there's anything else out there.

deuxhero
2015-01-04, 02:10 PM
The only non-core non-exotic weapons I know of are campaign setting specific martial ones, though I would like to see a list of such and be proven wrong.

I will tell you that I HIGHLY doubt anything surpasses the longspear even if non-core simple weapons exist. It is better than a decent chunk of martial weapons.

Snowbluff
2015-01-04, 02:33 PM
Or the dagger. Daggers are pretty nice. Concealable and you can throw them.

Coidzor
2015-01-04, 03:12 PM
Dragon Magazine introduced the Fauchard, IIRC, which is basically just a Longspear that does Slashing damage instead of Piercing. I recall seeing some simple weapons, like in Frostburn or maybe Stormwrack or Sandstorm.

gorfnab
2015-01-04, 03:45 PM
The Heavy Sickle and Muspelrule are simple weapons listed in the Planar Handbook.

deuxhero
2015-01-04, 04:52 PM
Knowing about the two gorfnab listed allows Google to find that Races of Faerūn introduced the Heavy Aspergillum (heavy mace, but the only difference is dependent upon Holy Water you can't afford), Battle Gauntlet (no idea what this does beyond take a magic item slot you won't miss) and a few variant darts. Song and Silence also introduces a crossbow intended for fire grappling hooks.

The list this finds me also says that the Dragon issue that introduced the Fauchard (Longspear BUT WITH SLASHING DAMAGE) is 331. If you can get it in play (its from Dragon), it is strictly better than the longspear because slashing is strictly better than piercing (at least in core, there's probably some something in all of 3.5 where slashing is not just plain better)