PDA

View Full Version : Female Warlock man-hater needs a fiend patron

Scampowl
2015-01-04, 06:14 PM
I'm looking for a fiend patron for my female dwarven, man-hating bladelock.
I've found Glasya and Fierna, but they don't have any anti-man issues.

Malcanthet, the Queen of the Succubi, is the top candidate so far, but again, no real man issues.

Any ideas?

KhorashIronfist
2015-01-04, 06:30 PM
Is your DM not allowing you to invent one, pending his approval? That seems the most logical thing.

I'm playing a great old one warlock (who is also a dwarf) and I invented a completely new entity without so much as asking the DM's permission. The PHB pretty much tells you to do so. Inventing a god would be another thing altogether, but surely there are countless foul entities and what have you. So long as you don't design your entity such that you gain an advantage for some story reason, topple the existing cosmology, or just make something the DM otherwise disagrees with, I think you'd generally be quite allowed to do so.

Ghost Nappa
2015-01-04, 07:05 PM
I'm looking for a fiend matron for my female dwarven, man-hating bladelock.

Malcanthet, the Queen of the Succubi, is the top candidate so far, but again, no real man issues.

Any ideas?
A good model might be the Judeo-Christian figure Lilith (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Lilith).

I won't go into any analysis out of fear of the "please don't discuss religion" clause in the rules, but I think it has some good potential for as a template for a homebrewed fiend matron.

Celcey
2015-01-04, 08:12 PM
I dunno if she'd work for a dwarf, but you might consider Lolth, the Spider Queen of the drow.

Fable Wright
2015-01-04, 09:13 PM

Any ideas?

The fiend doesn't actually have to be a Demon Lord to become a patron; in fact, Balors and Pit Fiends are called out as acceptable patrons. A Marilith who carved a bloody swath through ranks of male Balors who looked down on her and other demons in her successful attempt to claim a corner of the Abyss for herself might be a fantastic patron for your bladelock. Night hags are other options, being creatures who never need the existence of males to propagates, though it would have to be a very, very far advanced one to be a patron. An Ultraloth with an inexplicable hatred for men could work as well.

Talakeal
2015-01-04, 10:03 PM
I would go with a night hag personally. Possibly based on Lilith.

Louro
2015-01-04, 10:05 PM
Lilith as already suggested, who happens to be a succubus.
Hates men, and instead of just killing them she enjoys to manipulate them to force wrong decisions towards a doomed fate.

Envyus
2015-01-04, 10:12 PM
Lilith is actually a devil already. She is Baalzebul's 2nd consort though she really does not like him that much.

You also don't need to have a man hating patron. Glassya would probably be good enough.

Louro
2015-01-04, 10:24 PM
You are right as I am.
Succubus are demons.

AirApparent
2015-01-05, 12:03 AM
In 5e they changed them so that they are neither demon nor devil, but are often found in the employ of both.

Coidzor
2015-01-05, 12:18 AM

Any ideas?

So is this an evil reboot of Cheery Littlebottom or is your dwarf's name Valerie?

If you have to come up with a name for a fiendish matron, I'd recommend some riff on Solanas myself.

Talakeal
2015-01-05, 01:46 AM
Lilith is actually a devil already. She is Baalzebul's 2nd consort though she really does not like him that much.

You also don't need to have a man hating patron. Glassya would probably be good enough.

Huh. Well thats a boring and innapropriate use for such an important mythological figure.

I remember in Planescape the lord of the sixth layer of Baator was an incredibly powerful night hag, and in one of the books (either the very late second edition wotc guide to hell or the third party 3.0 guide to devils) she was said to be Lilith.

Envyus
2015-01-05, 03:12 AM
Huh. Well thats a boring and innapropriate use for such an important mythological figure.

I remember in Planescape the lord of the sixth layer of Baator was an incredibly powerful night hag, and in one of the books (either the very late second edition wotc guide to hell or the third party 3.0 guide to devils) she was said to be Lilith.

D&D Lilith picture http://i.imgur.com/T0D3hTc.jpg

Lilith was a consort to Moloch the first lord of the sixth but was phased out by Malagard the Hag Countess who eventully took over the layer before being killed and replaced with Glasya. Lilith went back to Baalzebul

Details on Lilith

Lilith is the second consort to Baalzebul. She is often regarded as the patron of black witches on the Material Plane.

Lilith is a well-known figure in Hell, one occasionally painted as a romantic figure, a spurned lover or a wronged woman. On the Material Plane, witches, warlocks, evil druids, and other dabblers in the occult hold her in high regard. As well, she’s quite beautiful and talented in the arts of passion, a fact she uses to ensure she survives the occasional upheaval that plagues her native plane.

Lilith has been near power for as long as Asmodeus has ruled the Nine Hells. The earliest records of Lilith recounts when Baalzebul gave her to Moloch as a gift in a transparent attempt to curry favor with the Lord of the Sixth. Lilith was easily the most alluring of fiends in the Hells and she has a way of distracting those who encounter her, keeping their attention diverted from what is truly important.

While serving Moloch in all things, a service she came to resent, she fought for her place against Malagarde, the treacherous night hag. If Lilith had been a little more eager in her duties, she might have exposed Malagarde’s villainy and the Nine Hells would be a vastly different place than it is today.

After Moloch’s fall, Lilith returned to Maladomini, relegated to a position of second consort in Baalzebul’s court. Her resentment has grown, for she feels powerless and despises the archdevil’s disgusting touch. For a time, she worked closely with Glasya and Tartach, but she opted not to go to Glasya’s court, partly because of her resentment of Glasya’s sudden rise, but also to stay close to Baalzebul’s court and find some weakness. When she does, there’s no doubt that she will make the bid for his position and replace the bloated slug as Maladomini’s new master.

Lilith has a strong mortal following. If she would only cultivate her followers, she might rise even further in the esteem of her peers. Surely she would lure many mortals to the Nine Hells by dint of how she is perceived on the Material Plane. It is her disinterest in such matters that stands as her only barrier, and if she ever overcomes her detachment she could be a force to be reckoned within the Hells.

It should be noted while she is the 2nd consort she has imprisoned the 1st consort, but Baalzebul is an ass and likes to spite her by keeping her the 2nd consort despite the 1st consort not being able to do anything.

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-05, 02:00 PM

Any ideas?

Make the patron a male, for whatever gender is worth to outsiders, who makes the warlock think she is serving a female patron.

If the player is sexist then an evil devil/demon may take advantage of that just for the evilolz.

The patron wants the strongest warlock, shape shifting and lying to get said warlock? Par for the course.

Rowan Wolf
2015-01-06, 01:23 PM
The Patron could be gender-less and tricks Warlock of either gender out of an intense hatred of sexual reproduction (mostly the faces humanoids make during).

Joe the Rat
2015-01-07, 12:36 PM
Remember, your relationship with your PMatron* can be antagonistic.

If you went that route, my recommendation would be Grazz't. It seems like something he'd do, and is about as far as you could get from the ideal Patron for a misandrist.

* - It's got a silent letter

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2015-01-07, 08:22 PM

Any ideas?

Ruth?

10char