View Full Version : Fallen Angel free adventure

ComaVision
2015-01-04, 07:25 PM
Today, I ran Fallen Angel the free adventure and the outcome wasn't what I had expected. My group left the Ogre Mage alone after it successfully used Charm Person on the party Crusader, and didn't go back after. The Ogre Mage agreed to give them some Angel Blood and Angel Tears in return and kept her word.

Does anyone have any ideas for what the Ogre Mage should do now that she's been left unmolested?

Baldin
2015-01-05, 04:37 AM
Hey,

If I understand you correctly the group used Charm Person on the Ogre Mage? If so, this should not be possible. Ogre Mages are of the Giant type and thus not subject to Charm Person, as they are not Humanoid. In order to charm a Giant you would need Charm Monster.

Assuming you don't want to change what happened and just let the Charm Person error pass.
As for what he could do now. The charm will wear off and the Ogre Mage has sufficiënt spellcraft to know he had been charmed, and know he gave away his precious items. Revenge would be my suggestion.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Baldin

atemu1234
2015-01-05, 08:20 AM
The ogre mage is faking it! Run for your lives!

ComaVision
2015-01-05, 11:07 AM
Hey,

If I understand you correctly the group used Charm Person on the Ogre Mage? If so, this should not be possible. Ogre Mages are of the Giant type and thus not subject to Charm Person, as they are not Humanoid. In order to charm a Giant you would need Charm Monster.

Assuming you don't want to change what happened and just let the Charm Person error pass.
As for what he could do now. The charm will wear off and the Ogre Mage has sufficiënt spellcraft to know he had been charmed, and know he gave away his precious items. Revenge would be my suggestion.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Baldin

Thanks but it seems I wasn't very clear (originally posted from mobile). The Ogre Mage charmed a member of the party and asked them to leave. The rest of the party couldn't dispel it and didn't fancy their chances without the charmed individual so they've left.

atemu1234
2015-01-05, 03:15 PM
Thanks but it seems I wasn't very clear (originally posted from mobile). The Ogre Mage charmed a member of the party and asked them to leave. The rest of the party couldn't dispel it and didn't fancy their chances without the charmed individual so they've left.

Wait for it to wear off, have the caster hit everybody with protection from evil and proceed to go nuts.

ComaVision
2015-01-05, 03:19 PM
Wait for it to wear off, have the caster hit everybody with protection from evil and proceed to go nuts.

So, as DM, you'd tell them, "Just cast Protection From Evil and go give that Ogre Mage the pointy end of the stick"? I generally try to avoid telling the party what to do.

What I'm trying to figure out is what the Ogre Mage and her 18 Insectile Ogres should do since the party didn't kill or disperse them.

animewatcha
2015-01-05, 03:44 PM
alignment of ogre mage and insectile ogres?

ComaVision
2015-01-05, 03:52 PM
alignment of ogre mage and insectile ogres?

Ogre Mage is Lawful Evil. Insectile Ogres are Chaotic Evil but kept in check by the Ogre Mage.

atemu1234
2015-01-05, 04:29 PM
So, as DM, you'd tell them, "Just cast Protection From Evil and go give that Ogre Mage the pointy end of the stick"? I generally try to avoid telling the party what to do.

What I'm trying to figure out is what the Ogre Mage and her 18 Insectile Ogres should do since the party didn't kill or disperse them.

Chase while the PCs run?

Morof Stonehands
2015-01-05, 05:09 PM
(I only read the opening, and conclusion, bear that in mind)

It sounds like the angel is still with the ogre mage and his minions. If that's the case, then you shouldn't do anything with him just yet if your PC's don't go back. While they continue doing whatever other quests it is they want to do, the ogre mage could be exploiting this angel, making terrible, evil weaponry and armor for his minions, getting ready to go on a command and conqueror invasion of the nearby land.

If they got the angel out somehow, then definitely have the ogre mage come after them at some point for revenge. Or attack the town to draw the PC's back.

ComaVision
2015-01-05, 09:31 PM
(I only read the opening, and conclusion, bear that in mind)

It sounds like the angel is still with the ogre mage and his minions. If that's the case, then you shouldn't do anything with him just yet if your PC's don't go back. While they continue doing whatever other quests it is they want to do, the ogre mage could be exploiting this angel, making terrible, evil weaponry and armor for his minions, getting ready to go on a command and conqueror invasion of the nearby land.

I think I'll be going this way. Looks like I'll need to get familiar with Vile Darkness.

animewatcha
2015-01-05, 10:27 PM
Ogre Mage is Lawful Evil. Insectile Ogres are Chaotic Evil but kept in check by the Ogre Mage.

Lawful Evil, eh? What were exact words from Ogre mage during this?

ComaVision
2015-01-06, 12:26 AM
Lawful Evil, eh? What were exact words from Ogre mage during this?

To the Charmed character, "I can't talk to you right now because I'm busy but take your friends and go back to the capital. I'll send you some of what I'm working on if you don't cause any trouble."

Paraphrased but it went like that. PCs haven't said anything that makes me believe they intend to go back. Maybe she'll change their mind when the news spreads that nobody has heard from the nearby town at all.

animewatcha
2015-01-06, 04:23 AM
What is the ogre mage working on?

Yahzi
2015-01-06, 06:04 AM
To the Charmed character, "I can't talk to you right now because I'm busy but take your friends and go back to the capital. I'll send you some of what I'm working on if you don't cause any trouble."
Then that's what the ogre should do.
Some of what he is working on should turn out to be +5 Full Plate, a +5 Shield, and a Helm of Opposite Alignment. :smallbiggrin:
Then when the party comes back for revenge, all of his troops have upgraded equipment.

goto124
2015-01-06, 06:24 AM
Don't forget the Belt of Sex Change.

ComaVision
2015-01-06, 11:14 AM
What is the ogre mage working on?

He has a child Archon. He's torturing it to make evil weapons as per Vile Darkness.

animewatcha
2015-01-06, 12:50 PM

Paraphrased but it went like that. PCs haven't said anything that makes me believe they intend to go back. Maybe she'll change their mind when the news spreads that nobody has heard from the nearby town at all.

The ogre mage never said anything about him letting them reach the capital....