PDA

View Full Version : Docks VIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

McBish
2007-03-31, 04:49 PM
The docks of The Town are big and expansive. Ships from everywhere rest here, moored in the harbors. Cargo is unloaded, shipments are moved, and the docks run.

The docks have their own workers, hired out by a private contractor. They are mostly human, half-elf, orc, half orc, and goblin, but all of them have a somewhat odd air about them. They all wear the same badge, to denote their status as dockworkers: A crimson moon crossed with four scimitars spread out.

Many of the ships are looking to take on cargo, not release cargo, and are for hire, for the right price.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 04:51 PM
((Repost))

Adder sighs, moving so that he is sitting next to Sia instead of behind her.

"Sia, I realize that I'm not the guy a person thinks they can confide in, but I want to be. I don't want any of my associates to have problems I can't help them with."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 04:55 PM
((Repost))
I have lots of problems, but you can't help with this one. The past is not something that can be changed. Sia is silent for a while, and quietly unfolds her arms. You say you want to help me. But what about you? What about your problems?

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 04:56 PM
"My only problem is that one of my associates - one of my friends - is troubled and I don't know why." For a sado-masochistic sociopath, Adder sounds sincere.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:01 PM
Sia looks sideways at him, trying to judge how sincere he really is. Tell me, do you know what it is like to be truly hungry?

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:03 PM
"I admit that I do not." Adder says, staring into Sia's eyes.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:07 PM
When you're truly hungry, nothing else matters. You do whatever you can to stop the awful gnawing feeling. If you tie your belt tightly across your stomach, you can pretend you're full for a few hours. You learn to tune out the smell that drifts out from resturants. She sighs. We did whatever it took to feed ourselves. If it meant stealing, that was fine. If it meant begging, that was fine. If it meant digging through rubbish bins to find a wrapper scrap, that was fine. We did whatever it took.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-31, 05:07 PM
Arram and Diederick make it to the docks. "Still no sign of that brat." He lets out a frustrated snort. "Damn her. That trick with the tavern... she knows this place too well."

Diederick restrings his crossbow while they are just standing there, "Then what is your suggestion, Arram? We cannot hunt for her here with her knowledge like that."

"Let me think. I've had harder prey to get ahold of."

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:08 PM
Adder, although he hears the voices, ignores them.

"You've told me this before, Sia. You are not haunted by your past of robbing and looting. It's something else."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:15 PM
Sia draws her knees up to her chest, not seeming to hear the voices. My band always slept in the slums. There were a lot of... illegal places down there. We didn't mind. Generally people left us alone there. When the band broke up, I stayed there, because it was familiar. But I was hungry. So I looked for work. Any work I could find. She averts her eyes. There were a lot of brothels in the slums. I didn't know what they were then.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:16 PM
Adder looks at her confused for a moment before realization finally dawns on him.

"Is that what happened between those years you skipped? You worked as a...prostitute?"

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:18 PM
She nods slowly, not looking at him. There's a reason I don't like men touching me.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:20 PM
Adder sighs, "I realize that was a rough time for you...Maybe the worst in your life, but what's past is past. Carrying emotional baggage about it won't make it any better."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-31, 05:21 PM
"We may have to hire the locals to obtain her for us," Arram says slowly, look over at Diederick.

"You think we can trust her in their hands?"

Arram nods slowly again, "She's likely not got anything worth robbing. So if they wish to be paid, they'll deliver her to us."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:23 PM
Well what am I supposed to do, Adder? I can't just forget it.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:25 PM
"But you can move past it, Sia. There's nothing wrong with having something you're guilty about - We all do. I do. But if you dwell on it then it will just create more problems now than it ever did then."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-31, 05:27 PM
"I see. Since we do not have the proper knowledge to find and capture her, we will use the locals. But we'd better pick the right kind." Diederick warns quietly.

Arram smiles and laughs a little. "Indeed. Let's have ourselves a look around, shall we?"

(To the Streets! Huzzah!)

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:29 PM
It's not like that. It's wired into my system - someone comes close, and I just react. Everytime someone touches me it's like my first experiances there all over again.

Deadly
2007-03-31, 05:29 PM
Chi spots Arram and Diederick and watches them carefully from a distance.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:31 PM
"Because you've dwelled on it for too long. Have you ever thought about getting help? I mean, I don't want to say you're crazy, because you're not, but with the amount of crap they sell around here, I'm willing to bet there is something that can help you."

McBish
2007-03-31, 05:32 PM
Eric walks onto the docks from the beach and heads to "Donelly's Shipping." He tears down the for sale sign and the goes and removes the sign above the door.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:34 PM
I've tried before. The Co-Ordinater helped me at first. Once I exploded in his office and ransacked the place. He just stood there and let me do it, and it was never mentioned again. I don't want my mind altered. I saw Eric have his memories removed. I don't want that. To not know what happened would be even worse.
She stares at the waves.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:37 PM
"Sia, you can't live like this. I udnerstand not wanting your mind altered, but you can't just jump into attack mode everytime someone touches you. I want to help you, you just have to let me know how."

McBish
2007-03-31, 05:38 PM
Eric takes the signs inside the building and drop them down the trapdoor and then closes it. He goes and closes the door and locks it.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:43 PM
Sia sighs. I want you to help too. But you know what? I don't know how. I don't even know how to help myself.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:45 PM
"Then let's try to find out."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:48 PM
By doing what?

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 05:49 PM
"Something other than sitting here, wallowing in our guilt."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 05:51 PM
Before we go, let me ask you something. What are you guilty about? No offence, but you don't really seem the type to regret what you do.

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 06:01 PM
Adder stands up, turning away from Sia.

"Maybe that's what I feel guilty about."

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 06:04 PM
Sia also stands and follows him. That you don't regret the things you've done?

Nevrmore
2007-03-31, 06:06 PM
Adder says nothing as he walks towards the streets.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-31, 06:10 PM
Sia walks beside him as they turn onto the streets.

darkblade
2007-03-31, 06:10 PM
Er'n Kelli steps off the airship that brought her to the town. "He's here I know it," she says darkly. She walks up to a aimless looking NPC "Do you know a man named Darkblade?" 'Nnnnooo,' the hapless man stutters in terror. "Then I'll continue my quest else where."

McBish
2007-04-01, 06:31 PM
Eric comes out of the locked door of his new building and cloeses it behind him. He heads towards Trog's.

----------

Eric returns to his building with a bag over his shoulder. He goes inside his building.

------------

After a bit he leaves heading towards Trog's.

darkblade
2007-04-01, 10:48 PM
A large stealth vessel flies within eyesight of Er'n the psionic reading she gets from the pilot is unmistakeable. "No matter where you go Darkbalde I will find you,"

McBish
2007-04-02, 12:14 AM
Eric returns to his new building and goes in through the locked door and shuts it behind him.

Xerillum
2007-04-02, 01:28 PM
Something that looks like a Galactic Cruiser crashes down in the harbor. It docks , and five people in gray medic uniforms carry a metal pod to a cart.

McBish
2007-04-02, 10:30 PM
Eric leaves his building and heads to the rest of the Town. Eric returns and goes inside. He leaves again. He returns again.

McBish
2007-04-10, 04:01 PM
Eric walks along the docks. He stops and talks to several people some in the middle of the dock, some in dark alleys. Money passes from one to another and shady deals are made. Eric keeps up this work.

After a long day of this he returns to his building.

---------------

Eric leaves his building again and heads towards the slums.

McBish
2007-04-11, 07:59 PM
Several men come to Eric's place and knock on the door. A few seconds later Eric opens it up and they go inside the door closing behind them.

Eric leaves the next day. None of the men that went in have come out again.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 07:53 PM
Dock #17 is oddly quiet tonight. The longshoremen do their work quietly, efficiently, even impassively. There is no singing, no rowdiness, no fights. As if all emotion had been drained from their lives...

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 08:50 PM
A boy, maybe in his later teenage years, sits on the end of a pier, his legs hanging over the sides. He stares into the sea sadly.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 08:52 PM
(( You volunteer, I take the bait... ))

Footsteps echo on the pier, and a strangely comforting voice speaks

Troubles, young one?

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 08:54 PM
The boy turns around quickly, startled by the voice.

((....*cough*))

The boy, seeing the man caught in dead time mere moments before dispensing some life-changing wisdom, sighs and leaves.

McBish
2007-04-14, 02:13 AM
Eric returns to his building and slips inside, noting the quietness.

Fenric
2007-04-14, 06:26 PM
(( I'm doing really lousy this week for starting things and running off without finishing them :yuk:. Or even cleaning up after them... Sorry, Nevrmore. ))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:27 PM
((Well, the kid isn't doing anything right now. I can bring him back here to continue.))

McBish
2007-04-15, 12:49 PM
Eric leaves his building again heading for the streets.

Fenric
2007-04-17, 09:08 AM
Dock #20 today is struck by the strange afflication. Not just the longshoremen, this time: all the workers up and down the dock do their tasks quietly and stoically. The silent efficiency is unsettling, but nothing seems to be wrong with the people and they quietly insist that they feel fine.

AmberVael
2007-04-18, 11:37 PM
Catherine appears through a portal and sits down on a pile of rope.

Rebonack
2007-04-18, 11:40 PM
Maph'tey steps through the rift as well, which promptly spirals shut behind him.

"Believe it or not, the only reason I'm here is because I threw a dart at a map."

AmberVael
2007-04-18, 11:41 PM
Catherine tilts her head, smiling a little.
Really?

Rebonack
2007-04-18, 11:49 PM
"Pretty much," Maph'tey admits. "I managed to hodge-podge together a collection of different places that I thought would be interesting to visit. Then a blind-folded myself and tossed a dart."

He closes his eyes and makes a tossing motion.

"And so I ended up here."

AmberVael
2007-04-18, 11:51 PM
Catherine laughs a little.
Wish that was my story.

Rebonack
2007-04-18, 11:58 PM
"What is your story?" Maph'tey prompts.

Fenric
2007-04-19, 10:34 AM
The laborers of Dock #3 take their turn being quiet and efficient (whether they particularly wanted to or not).

AmberVael
2007-04-19, 10:46 AM
Catherine remembers that she is here, then sees tha Maph'tey said something.
Well...
My full title is Mercury Gamma Echo Beckett of the Avarian ARCANE division.
In other words, I am moderately ranking scout who is only on active status once every few years, and has been trained in the use of the MAGE system.
She flexes the glove on her hand.
Its a very specially crafted system that has a fair amount of control for a technical device.
She uses it to pick a globe of water out of the sea nearby and move it around.
Anyways...
The point behind all this is that I was pulled off of inactive status a year early. They didn't give a real reason, they just said something about "high priority" and "government secret."
They got someone in the Janus division- the teleportation and travel dimension- to drop me off here in Town, setting it up to look like an accident, even to me.
I was abandoned in an unknown area. I'd never seen magic before, or even a non-human. The things here... frankly, I thought I had lost my mind. It was all legend and myth to me...
Tinderhall, a powerful mage, found me and took pity on me. He also started teaching me magic.
I had an astonishing aptitude for it, especially transmutation magic. I progressed quickly through my studies...
Catherine sighs.
I had met the Gent early in my time here, and then someone left a message for me through him... the founder of the ARCANE division.
He knew precisely what had happened, and they had purposefully abandoned me in this magic prone area, certain that I would pick some up sooner or later.
It was all a test. All of it. They just wanted to see if a MAGE user would be more skilled with magic. They were right, and were pleased with the results.
But due to their methods and legal matters I am not allowed home for quite some time still.
So here I am.

Rebonack
2007-04-19, 02:21 PM
Maph’tey just listens, taking in the story. It resonates with him to a degree, if only because he knows what it’s like to be a tool of someone else.

“So. What do you intend to do now?”

AmberVael
2007-04-19, 03:07 PM
Catherine shrugs.
They've abandoned me, and I see no reason to stay with them. If they use my life so lightly, then I'd rather not let them use it again.
She smiles.
I intend to stay here. I've made friends and learned new things.

Rebonack
2007-04-19, 03:20 PM
“Like Gent and how to bend the universe to your will, respectively?” Maph’tey responds. “I’ll admit right away that I don’t think you could have made a better choice. Gent is one of the most upstanding people in Town. Fair, honest, compassionate. He’s got the weight of the world on his shoulders, though.”

AmberVael
2007-04-19, 03:23 PM
Perhaps so, but he can bear it. He's that type of person.
Catherine adjusts her SEER system slightly, smiling as she realizes that it is just a tic now.

Rebonack
2007-04-19, 03:29 PM
“Probably so. I wouldn’t want to be in his place, personally. He has the power to right any wrong. To heal every woe. But he doesn’t because of his beliefs about individual freedom. He’s had friends die before, friends he could have saved,” Maph’tey sighs. “It really eats him up inside. I can see it. I’ve managed to get him out of the shop a few times. I was pretty happy for him to hear that he had gone on a hike. He needs that. The simple peace, I mean.”

AmberVael
2007-04-19, 03:37 PM
Catherine sighs and nods.
Its the choice he has made.
She stands up.
I need to retrieve the remainder of my things from Tinderhall's Realm, and see to the rest of it to make sure things go well while I'm gone.
I'll see you around, Maph'tey.
She waits for a reply, then vanishes.

Rebonack
2007-04-19, 03:39 PM
Maph'tey waves a goodbye and decides that he'll just sit there and watch the waves for a while.

Vhaidara
2007-04-20, 08:30 PM
Shadowbow comes to the docks at a run

I heard that there were drow here! Where are they?

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 06:24 AM
There! He points to a drow running through the crowd* We can follow it and I think it will lead us back to the main group.

Vhaidara
2007-04-21, 10:13 AM
Very well. I'll trail them from above.

With that, Shadowbow jumps onto a roof, casts a longstrider spell, and sets of in pursuit.

McBish
2007-04-21, 11:14 AM
Eric returns to his building.

Several people who have been watching the building take note of this. One heads off to report this.

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 11:15 AM
*Tereal fallows on foot*

Kyrian
2007-04-21, 11:17 AM
((Nightwing, you CANT be everywhere at one. Please stop.))

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 11:18 AM
(this is the only place I am I left trogs)

Shadow bow He is heading for the slums!

(Meat me in the slums thread book boy)

Kyrian
2007-04-21, 11:19 AM
((Then try posting that, because according to your posts, you're at Alarra's Gems as well.))

McBish
2007-04-21, 11:22 AM
A few minutes later there are several more men watching the building. They all start moving in towards it at once. There are about ten of them at the door, with a nod they kick it in and rush inside.

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 11:23 AM
((I'm in the middle of a plot))

Kyrian
2007-04-21, 11:24 AM
((You never actually post leaving anywhere, or entering half the time, which is driving some of us crazy as you appear to be in multiple places at the same time))

McBish
2007-04-21, 11:26 AM
Several large bangs follow the men entering. Then there are the sounds of a fight.

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 11:34 AM
((have to leave. be back later. don't attack the drow until I get back book boy))

McBish
2007-04-21, 11:53 AM
Several minutes later 5 men come out of Eric's building, one of which isn't walking on his own and is bleeding from a stomach wound. Flames can be seen building up inside the building.

Soon the entire building is engulfed if flame. Several NPC's start to try to put the fire out but all they can do is stop it from spreading. Soon the building is nothing but a burnt out shell. There are several holes where the wood of the dock has been destroyed. There is no sign of Eric inside.

Nightwing
2007-04-21, 11:54 AM
((I'm back))

McBish
2007-04-22, 06:25 PM
Eric returns to the docks where his building was burnt down. He takes off his shoes and dives into the water. He sufraces several times putting bags on the dock.

Eric gets the bags and heads towards Inari's.

Fenric
2007-04-22, 10:02 PM
The workers of Dock #8 receive a visit during the night: some enjoy it, some are frightened. Regardless, they all report to work in a quiet, stoic frame of mind.

McBish
2007-04-25, 10:09 AM
Eric comes to the docks and starts looking for work, only to find that basically the entire docks is closed down to a giant celebration for the Pirate King's birthday. He shrugs and heads towards Trog's.

He returns to the docks and continues to look for work, if not for today for tomorrow. He spends most of his time just sitting around watching people.

He decides to go crash a party. Since it seems that most of the big shots of the docks are on the Liza Jane.

-------------------------------

Eric returns to the docks in the morning and starts looking for work. He finds some in loading a merchant ship up with goods. He starts to work.

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-25, 07:29 PM
An apprehensive young man, with obvious albinism and a grey hooded cloak, wanders through the docks, looking quite lost. At his side is a satchel wiht various writing implements poking out.

McBish
2007-04-26, 04:15 PM
Eric sits down after a long morning of working. And after yesterday that he also spent lifting heavy boxes he is tired. He looks over his pay and sighs. He could have gotten this much picking pockets for a couple of hours. But he grins thinking he is a lot less likely to get stabbed in this profession. He heads into the rest of the Town.

AmberVael
2007-04-30, 11:24 AM
Fenix comes out to the docks, but fails to find Wukei, since she has been missing for quite some time. He sits down and watches the waves, hypnotized by them, but also instinctively afraid of them.
There is a splash as Maal bursts out of the water and lands on the docks, then looks up.
Fenix is staring at him, and Maal looks right back.
Well well well...
Maal pulls himself upright, the water sloughing off his slick clothing, hair, and skin.
I knew we'd meet eventually.
Fenix gets to his feet and reaches for his swords.
I wouldn't do that if I were you-
Maal raises a water and ice tinged hand, pointing it at Fenix.
We're in my element, you see.
Fenix glares and backs off.
What do you want here, devil? What do you plan on doing to me?
Maal drops his hand and chuckles.
Absolutely nothing. While you and I are an interesting example of mirror planes, I have no reason to show any ill-intent towards you. Why should I?
Because, you vile fiend, you stand for everything that I stand against.
...and that means I should die a horrible and painful death, or kill you first?
Maal leans against a pier.
Ironic that you stand for freedom and yet persecute others who don't stand for your beliefs, isn't it?
Fenix clenches his fists, unable to argue with it.
What is so horrid about our difference of opinions, Fenix? Why is that you feel we must battle to the death, or clash over our beliefs? Do you not truly uphold what you believe- the freedom to do as one wishes?
Maal crosses his arms.
We're more alike than you realize. I may manipulate people with my spells and words, but I leave the real decisions up to them- unless I'm forced.
Fenix shudders, then draws his swords and lets flame burst along them.
Enough of your sly words! You corrupt and destroy, and I will not-
Maal stuns him with a cunningly crafted spell.
I corrupt and destroy? Look at you!
Maal raises his arms in contempt.
You invade people's lives, change them to your liking, then leave. Your fiery, impulsive nature causes you to hurt anyone who even attempts to help you or point out your wrongs!
Your passion for the sword and for fire is far more destructive than any of the knowledge or power I sow. I teach- I protect- I rationalize and learn.
Maal glares at him.
Look in the mirror, Fenix. What do you see in yourself?
Fenix begins stirring from the spell, and Maal closes the gap and puts a long fingered hand around his throat, clenching down on him with the slight strength he possesses.
There is a slight hissing sound as the dampness burns Fenix's flesh.
If anyone disgusts you, it should be yourself for your hypocritical views. And now what will you do, now that I've pointed them out?
Maal backs off as the spell fades away.
Will you kill me? Prove everything that I've said to you? Blind yourself with the fiery nature you hold so dear?
Or are you strong enough to understand and accept a rebuke from a devil- your opposite, and learn from it?
Fenix breathes heavily, glaring at Maal. Maal shakes his head and turns away.
Maybe you'll come to accept the truth...
He vanishes into the streets, leaving Fenix alone on the docks.

Admiral One
2007-05-01, 06:52 PM
A pair of massive ships appear on the horizon. As they draw closer, it is obvious that they are moving in unison, and then not separate at all, but rather connected like a catamaran. It reaches the town and drops anchor, lowering a longboat once still. The boat reaches the docks and several men climb out. Two are tall, have slim, slightly pointed ears, and have similar looks, dressed in the same style, with cloaks drawn about them. One is a gnome, clashing erratically with his tall, darkly dressed companions. The rest of the men are clad in bronze, exotic armor and seem to be coordinated like soldiers in a regiment. Two other men are present, but one is hidden deep within a blue cloak, the other amidst the soldiers. The later is tall and dark, and obviously muscled.
The gnome, the two half-elves, the blue-cloaked person and two of the soldiers walk down the docks and go into town. The others begin unloading the boat and talking to some nearby sailors.

McBish
2007-05-05, 10:04 PM
Eric sits down on a box and relaxes. He seems to be extreamly tired and sore.

-----------------

Not finding any work the next day Eric gets up and heads to Trog's.

-----------

Eric comes back and finds some work. Despite his empty stomach he still works hard.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 11:15 AM
Lycande and Karaki fly from the streets to the docks, headed for the beach.

Exachix
2007-05-08, 11:16 AM
Karaki smiles as they fly, pondering.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 11:19 AM
Lycande peers down at the docks below. She looks at the various vessels slotted neatly in rows along the coast. She has become very fond of the sea since her arrival.

Exachix
2007-05-08, 11:22 AM
Karaki smiles and looks at her, then at the vessels.

McBish
2007-05-08, 11:23 AM
After a long night work Eric is extreamly tired and hungry. Foutently he got lucky finding work, getting two jobs his pocket now has enough gold and silver to feed him for a week. He heads to a street vendor to get some food. When he pulls out his pouch to pay he finds it gone, someone had picked his pocket. Damm it all! In anger he punches a nearby stone wall. A crack can be heard, but the wall looks fine so it was probably his hand the cracked. Without getting his much needed food he heads for the streets.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 11:25 AM
Lycande flies fairly low, weaving around between the sails of some of the ships. She appaers to be having a great deal of fun.

((brb, dinner))

Exachix
2007-05-08, 11:26 AM
Karaki watches, smiling.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 11:38 AM
((back))

Lycande flies back up high to Karaki after nearly crashing into one of the masts. She looks a little shaken, but tries not to show it.

Exachix
2007-05-08, 11:57 AM
Karaki smiles and kisses her.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 12:03 PM
Lycande hugs him in mid air, trembling a bit.
{Elven} "Let's move on, shall we?"

Exachix
2007-05-08, 12:04 PM
Karaki returns the hug and they fly on.

Baeleck
2007-05-08, 12:11 PM
Lycande flies down lower in preparation to land on the beach.

McBish
2007-05-15, 12:08 PM
Eric comes down to the docks and starts to watch people.

Deadly
2007-05-15, 12:16 PM
A large raven sits on a pier. It looks up and stretches it's wings a bit, then turns it's glassy eyes a bit towards Eric, watching him silently.

McBish
2007-05-15, 12:17 PM
Eric doesn't seem to notice the raven as he keeps a careful eye on some small deals going on.

Deadly
2007-05-15, 12:25 PM
Despite it's grim purpose, the bird is content to just observe Eric for now, watching for any particularly "weak spots" as well as his general behaviour.

((Did Fenric tell you that he sent Chi after Eric?))

McBish
2007-05-15, 12:28 PM
((He mentioned an Assassin didn't know it was Chi.))

Right now Eric is also just watching so it is hard to spot any weak spots. But a keen observer might notice that his left sleeve is hanging a bit heavier than his right. Almost like something is hidden up there.

Deadly
2007-05-15, 12:37 PM
((Ok))

The bird flies a bit closer to get a better look, and in doing so takes note of that small detail. Seeing Eric's appearance the bird figures that he's not that likely to possess a lot of protective items, but tries to spot any such things regardless... Appearance can be deceptive, it knows.

McBish
2007-05-15, 12:40 PM
Eric doesn't seem to have any items at all except for his dagger on his belt, no necklace or braclet, no armor at all.

Eric seems to finish watching people and heads to the beach.

Deadly
2007-05-15, 12:44 PM
The bird follows behind for a while, then flies off.

McBish
2007-05-16, 01:23 PM
Eric swims under the docks and finds a ladder leading up to the surface and climbs up it. Pausing at the trap door to listen to hear if anyone is above him. He climbs out onto the dock.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 01:25 PM
The raven lands on a docked ship and watches Eric from there

McBish
2007-05-16, 01:27 PM
Eric rests a bit in the alley way he emerged from. He looks at the neddle closely. Then he sticks it in the sole of his shoe.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 01:32 PM
The raven flies to sit on a roof from which it can still keep an eye on Eric.

McBish
2007-05-16, 01:36 PM
Eric gets up after awhile and heads to the streets.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 01:42 PM
The raven flies away

The_Librarian
2007-05-19, 04:17 AM
In the early morning light, the librarian walks along the dockside examining the ships. Occasionally, she smiles as the sea breeze ruffles her hair, enjoying the moment before turning her mind back to her plan. She lingers particularly over two ships she recognises: The Liza Jane and The Siren's Betrayal.

However, sensing that the sun is rising, and not yet wishing to be confronted with questions concerning her absence, she heads back to the slums hastily.
_________

Much later that same day, the librarian returns, this time accompanied by Greeny and Kratos, and holding an infant in her arms.

"Which ship did you choose?"

"Went for a stranger," the librarian replies. "Fewer questions." She sighs. "Seems unfair that we've been parted for so long, Greeny, and I have to leave again so soon."

"Tide's against you."

"Yeah. More ways than one." She approaches a small ship obviously built more for speed than a comfortable ride. The captain, a dark-skinned woman with almond-shaped eyes, is pacing the deck impatiently, keen to set sail as soon as possible.

"I have a schedule to keep!"

"Do you even know where you're going?" the wolf barks as Libris boards the ship. The librarian turns back and shakes her head. "Yeah, I bet. Stay safe!"

The librarian waves goodbye and the ship slips out of the docks.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 11:02 AM
Kazuki enters the docks area. At dock 8, he notices the odd, emotionless behavior of the workers.

That's odd...

Otherwise, he continues to search for Mikhail.

Said he was a... wonder if Dad's friend is around here somewhere...

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:57 PM
Mychasi speeds through the docks, looking over his shoulder to make sure Karaglen is still following.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 03:59 PM
In a dark alley, Kazuki battles the baugette construct. He doesn't seem to have taken any damage, but he's not made a lot of headway on the thing either. There are a lot of crumbs, though.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 04:00 PM
Karaglen is following and running full out, intent on catching up.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:01 PM
Mikhail appears, wrapping the chain of his shackles around the construct, trying to hold it off of Kazuki.

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 04:04 PM
Mychasi slows down just a little, deciding to weave through some of the boats sails.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:05 PM
The long, vaguely pointy loaves of bread rotate and try to poke Mikhail in the eyes, showering crumbs everywhere.

Kazuki jumps back with a disbelieving and disgruntled expression.

I was looking for you here among the ships cause you said you were a pirate. I got down to this end, and that thing jumped me. I've been wrestling it for hours!

Kazuki finally has a chance to cast a spell, and sends an Ephemeral Storm at the thing.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:07 PM
Well I didn't say I actually was working with a ship! He braces as the storm hits, keeping his hold on the doughy creature, just moving his head back and forth to dodge the attacks.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 04:08 PM
Karaglen grins and takes off after him with a bit more care to their delicate surroundings.

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 04:11 PM
Mychasi speeds up and heads onto the beach.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 04:14 PM
Karaglen adjusts a sleeping sailor's hat as she shoots past and into the beach.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:17 PM
The thing resists being crumbled better than it had any right to, and throws a spray of rock salt at Mikhail and Kazuki.

Kazuki gets some salt in his eyes

Shock! Shocking miserable bread thing!

He glares at it with bleary red eyes and casts Create Water into the air above it.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:19 PM
Mikhail is blinded by the thing. He continues to hold on, however.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:26 PM
A deluge of water soaks the bread-construct (and rinses salt away nicely, too). It turns into a horrid thing of slimy bread, but it has no strength and starts to fall apart under its own weight even as it tries to plant a soggy blow on Mikhail's head.

Kazuki snarls and Miracles up Bigby's Clenched Fist and draws it back for a splattery blow.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:27 PM
Mikhail stands there, raising his hands limply, drinched in dough. Ew...construct goo...

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:30 PM
Kazuki lets fly

SPLAT

Now Kazuki is covered in goo, too.

Up in the rooftops, a feminine voice is laughing delightedly. The sound rapidly recedes into the distance.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:33 PM
Mikhail glances up to where the sound came from. What was that?

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:36 PM
Kazuki looks abjectly miserable with goo in his fur. He shifts to elf form just to escape that feeling.

Somebody laughing at us. I'd assume the person who made that thing.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:38 PM
Mikhail sighs, the goo dripping into his line of sight. It's times like these I wish priests had prestidigitation.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:44 PM
Kazuki blinks

Oh.

He goes incorporeal and the goo drops to the floor. Shifting back to his normal shape, he turns to Mikhail

I know a spell to let you do this.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:45 PM
Mikhail smiles. That would be nice.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:48 PM
Kazuki manifests Umbral Form on Mikhail, turning him incorporeal (and giving him the "shadow" template). It will last 10 rounds.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 04:50 PM
As the goo falls off of him he steps out of the puddle before he goes back to normal. This doesn't have any bad side effects I should worry about later, does it?

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:55 PM
Kazuki shakes his head

It's little more than a polymorph... let's get home.

(( It's not an offensive shadow power

Anyway, as I said in the temple thread, I'll be back in a few hours. ))

Wukei
2007-05-22, 05:00 PM
He nods to Kazuki and they head off to do what they normally do, Mikhail explaining on the way what he's been doing all day.

McBish
2007-05-24, 11:31 AM
Eric comes onto the docks and starts to move through the familiar alleyways looking for trouble.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 11:41 AM
The raven, still hanging around, watches Eric from a distance, keeping an eye on him.

McBish
2007-05-24, 11:44 AM
Eric leans up against a wall in an alley and sighs. He starts to think of ways to draw out the assassin.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 11:49 AM
The raven flies closer, trying to see what he's doing. It seems a bit suspicious that he would stand around like that, so shortly after an attempt at his life.

McBish
2007-05-24, 11:54 AM
Eric glances around and starts walking again. He spots someone and goes over to him, he looks like a normal dock worker. He leans foward and whispers in the guys ear. He also slips some coins into the mans hand and nods. They start to walk there seperate ways.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 11:59 AM
The raven watches this and flies away. A bit later Chi appears in a shadow some distance away. This time he's cast Greater Invis beforehand, just to be sure. He narrows his eyes as he watches Eric, his hand reaching for his weapon.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:02 PM
Nightstar appears in the shadow next to Chi

In case you're wondering, the invisibility won't help you much here, the shadow will tell me where you are. I'm a shadow weaver, it's like a shadow dancer but the shadows helps a bit more. Means I know most of what happens round here certainly, like who's trying to lurk unseesn

She asks the shadow to hold Chi still for her

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:03 PM
Chi might notice a new leather coat on Eric as he ducks back into an alley way. He starts to head to his burnt out building.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:08 PM
Chi curses and tries to shadow jump away, certainly not used to people catching him like that, and not in a mood to let them succeed

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:10 PM
Eric stops and spins around hearing Nightstar.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:10 PM
Nightstar asks the shadow to disappear and leave where it was in the light.

She draws her swords.

I just want a little word with you. Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way, but if you try to shadow jump, so help me, I'll have the shadow spit you out in pieces.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:19 PM
Chi scowls. He honestly wasn't used to this situation. This cursed world was just too much Why don't you tell me what you want with me, then?

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:23 PM
Nightstars sword is pointing at his neck. Any amusement value provided by a 4ft 10 girl with blue hair should be lost by the fact the sword is unwavering and obviously very well used.

What I want from you is who's paying you to disrupt my business by trying to kill my employee here.

She indicates Eric

I do not take kindly to interference in my affairs, especially when I haven't been interfering in anyone elses. So, who's hired you and where can I find them ?

((Got to go in half an hour))

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:26 PM
Eric heads over, Yeah I would like to know that to.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:29 PM
Chi watches the blade carefully Sorry, but I never reveal such things. It's poor for ones reputation, and health.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:33 PM
Yes, I know all about that. However, it may be poor for your health, true, but not telling me would be even worse. Because I'm the one standing here with a sword at your throat and who can ensure you can't escape by shadow jumping. By the way, please don't get any ideas about me not killing you where you stand, armed or not. I've killed more people than you ever will and earned a lot of money for it too. Perhaps the next assassin your boss sends will prove more cooperative. Either way, I'll find out.

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:34 PM
Eric stands there and watches, and keeps an eye out for any trouble.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:38 PM
Chi shrugs Sorry, but you won't get anything out of me. he says and tries to leap back as he swings a thin, barbed chain at her, hoping to put a little distance between them and not get stabbed in the process

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:40 PM
Nightstar lets the barbed chain wrap around her arm, betraying no igns of pain. She then pulls on the chain and tries to punch Chi in the face with the hilt of her sword

You are being very foolish. If I need to, I'll get my mage sister to do the asking. You could save yourself a lot of pain, grief and being dead by telling me now.

((Got to go in 10 mins))

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:42 PM
Eric pulls out a dagger and quickly throws it at Chi.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:43 PM
Chi lets go of the chain and leaps back. This whole thing had already gone too far out of hand. He had to get away. He lands gracefully and quickly casts Dimension Door, to hopefully get as far away as possible.

Erics dagger leaves a long gash across his arm, and he winces.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:45 PM
Nightstar reaches into her handbag and pulls out a grenade, throwing it through the door ahead of Chi.

You run, I'll find you and I will not be disposed to be polite next time.

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:47 PM
Eric growls and charges at Chi trying to tackle him before he gets through the door.

Deadly
2007-05-24, 12:48 PM
The grenade explodes just before the door closes behind Chi. A brief scream is heard, but then the door is gone and so is Chi. For now.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:52 PM
Well that worked. Wasn't expecting a shadowdancer, slippery little sod managed to not get grappled by the shadow. Still, he won't forget that in a hurry and at least we know what we're up against now. Next time we'll have Snowraven along and she'll anchor him.

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:54 PM
Eric gets his dagger. That sneaky little bastard bought me a drink almost right after I was attacked. He sat down across from me.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 12:56 PM
So he goes to the tavern ? great, one of my other sisters can tag him then and then we'll talk to him without him running away. Definately sloppy on his part. Of course, if it had have been me, I'd have killed you when I saw you in the tavern instead of celebrating my own cleverness in buying you a drink.

McBish
2007-05-24, 12:58 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it easy for you. I was ready to run when I was there. So what are we going to do now? Go back to the garage?

Fenric
2007-05-24, 01:01 PM
The beady eyes that never sleep note Chi's failure... and Eric's new source of help.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 01:03 PM
Pretty much. By the way, I'd have popped out of a shadow and shot you in the head, but that's by the by. He'll come back when he's ready.

((got to go))

McBish
2007-05-24, 01:04 PM
Um... well that is a comforting thought.

Fenric
2007-05-24, 02:06 PM
Away in the darkness, another group of shadowy figures discuss the failure of Eric to meet his end

Why you insist on working through the assassins defeats my powers of deduction.
We do not yet wish to draw so much attention.
He stayed a night with my daughter: he must die
I shall not allow you cause us to be revealed. Bide your time, child.
Children, enough. The family honor will be seen to, have no fear.

The group withdraws...

McBish
2007-05-24, 03:12 PM
((That's why? Great... darn deadtime.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 03:29 PM
((Eric you daring dog !))

McBish
2007-05-24, 03:30 PM
((Wow, actually he was about to explain why he was going to leave when they got deadtimed.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 03:35 PM
((So, who's daughter did Eric dishonour ?))

McBish
2007-05-24, 03:38 PM
((Well you know how there are the caotic good foxes at Inari's. There are also evil foxes that like to suck out your emotions. I think it is one of the important ones daughter who Eric is friends with. She got drunk and he bought her a room at Trog's.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 03:42 PM
((Ho huuum, lets see.

Enemies of the girlies

Bengoshia the Necromancer (self inflicted)
Ilvari the drow priestess
Anyone who comes onto Winterfrost
Evil werefoxes

I think I'm going to need to start a queue))

McBish
2007-05-24, 03:46 PM
((Isn't it fun getting your PC's into trouble. And Eric's life has actually settled down since first coming into Town. He hasn't been stabbed in awhile lately.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 03:49 PM
((It's getting complicated keeping track of who's trying to kill them at the moment, certainly. They haven't even been objectionable in the tavern recently))

McBish
2007-05-24, 03:51 PM
((Yeah that happens a lot. That is why Eric wasn't sure who was after him. And as it turned out neither did I. I thought it was just the assassin's guild trying to pay him back for freelancing as a theif.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 03:55 PM
((How wrong he was... Ah well, another new group to annoy.))

McBish
2007-05-24, 04:02 PM
((True.))

Well shall we go back to the garage, or do you want to go to Trog's to get a drink?

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 04:04 PM
Lets go to the pub. The rest of the sisters are probably there too

McBish
2007-05-24, 04:07 PM
Eric nods and heads off to Trog's.

Timberwolf
2007-05-24, 04:10 PM
Nightstar follows

The_Librarian
2007-05-26, 09:54 AM
The two Moss Wolves wander along the dockside looking out across the waters in anticipation. They are not disappointed. White sails can be seen on the horizon. As the ship draws nearer, Greeny paces a little uncertainly while Kratos amuses himself trying to pounce on seagulls.

The Red Lady, so named for the red wood used in its construction, sweeps into the docks with the grace and confidence of her experienced crew. A plank is lowered to allow passengers to disembark, and the crew to rush about sorting out supplies for the next part of their journey. The captain seems keen to be moving on soon as she paces on desk, arms folded.

Amid the hustle and bustle of the ship's brief stay, however, the Librarian leaves the ship and walks a little unsteadily along the dockside, getting used to land again and holding an infant in her arms. She smiles at Greeny, but doesn't break her stride. The wolves chase after her.

"Uh Libris?"

"Hm?"

"I can't help noticing that... well... she's still here."

The Librarian looks down at the bundle in her arms.

"So she is. Fancy that."

"But what about the plan?"

The Librarian stops so suddenly that Greeny is ahead by a couple of paces before he realises, while Kratos nearly walks into the back of the Librarian's legs.

"I couldn't do it," the librarian says. "Gods help me, I couldn't. I came close... but as I started walking away it... it was awful. The pain was unbearable." She sighs. "So, she's here to stay." She doesn't sound too disappointed, and starts walking again.

"Does that mean she's got a name now?" Kratos ask, wagging his tail.

"Yup." The librarian grins and then picks up the pace, leaving the dockside.

"Well?! What is it?!" Kratos barks as he and Greeny run to keep up and the trio leave the dockside.

Deadly
2007-05-28, 01:53 PM
Chi lands on a roof in one of the less populated parts of the docks and sits down. He sits there, looking out to sea for a long time. As he sits there, a mist slowly gathers and creeps up around him. Chi, lost in his own thoughts, doesn't notice anything at first. Then someone speaks behind him, the voice cold and menacing Ah, my old friend... At the all too familiar voice, Chi leaps up and spins around, his face twisted in terror as misty tentrils reach out for him No!

As Chi struggles against his unseen foe, he trips and falls off the building, landing hard on the stones below. For the briefest of time, all he knows is blackness.

Then he slowly wakes, as a voice sounds in the corners of his mind By the Black Hound, you really have lost your touch, Chi. It's that little witch, Aeri, isn't it? Ah, but don't worry, we'll get rid of her soon enough. the voice laughs as Chi struggles against the new presence in his mind, but finds himself powerless against it. Unwillingly he gets back up and disappears into the shadows.

FireSpark
2007-06-15, 10:13 AM
Down by the harbour, it's business as usual. Merchants haggling over prices, sailors hauling gear, and everyday people just going about their day. At the far end of the last wharf of the bay, between two massive store houses, a strange wind blows through a cramped walkway between the two large structures. After a moment, a section of wall along one of the buildings begins to faintly shimmer and wave, as if suddenly turn to liquid. In the next moment, a vaguely humanoid figure emerges from the shimmering wall at a run, sending ripples along the wall like a rock thrown into a pond. With no room to slow down much less the time to react, the figure slams into the opposite building's wall with a loud and crunching thud, before dropping to the ground amid the refuse and other detritus common to such locations.

As the shimmering wall becomes solid once more, the figure rolls onto his back, revealing him to be a human male. The mans gloved hands slowly creep towards his head. With a groan, the man slowly sits up in the alleyway. "Why is it always like that? Always a rock, or a wall, or the time I almost went over a cliff. Just once I'd like to land in a nice comfy bed, or maybe even into a public bath or something!" Glancing about his surroundings, the man begins running a hand across his head, attempting to dislodge a piece of ... something, that had gotten caught in his long, black pony tail. Seeing that no one seemed to be about, the man pushed himself slowly to his feet, amidst numerous groans and grumblings.

Finally upright, he begins to shake out his ankle length duster of trash and other things that he happened to land in. Feeling about his person, the man straightened his gear that had come loose or slipped from its proper place. A simple, but well tended short-bladed falcata hung at his waist, and a large pouch or two hung from the same belt opposite the blade. A pair of goggles hung loosely about his neck, as he pulled a large, oversized hood up to shade his face from the sunlight reflecting in off the bay. Bending down, he picked up his khopesh, which had fallen loose when had hit the ground. Briefly checking the bronze colored weapon for any damage, and satisfied that there was none, he smoothly holstered it in its sheath on his back. "Well, I suppose I should try and figure out just where I wound up this time." Stepping out from between the two buildings to get his bearings, the man headed towards where he heard the sounds of people emanating.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 11:03 AM
The swinging motion of a tail can be seen, surrounded by a plethora of shimmering sparks. From behind the veil of stars, a golden yellow feline appears. It appears fairly normal (apart from the flashy entrance of course) except for the fact that it has a pair of what appear to be giraffe horns gracing the crown of its head.

It begins to eye the docks, looking and sniffing for something, perhaps.

thehothead
2007-06-15, 06:25 PM
A small gnome wanders by, muttering something about specimens.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 07:55 PM
The kitten's ears flick as it listens to the gnome, but it soon decides that it is uninterested for the time being. Instead, it finds itself called by the delicious sent wafting from a nearby fish market.

Around half an hour later, the kitten has its choice of fish, a small, tasty, somewhat rare little delicacy. Being cute had its priveleges sometimes. It sits atop on of the stalls and gnaws happily.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 08:07 PM
Osnagard enters the Docks and patiently leans agains a fishmonger's stall waiting for Raril.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 08:09 PM
Raril arrives, and takes in the salty sea air, then doubles over choking on the smell of fish. "It stinks out here."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 08:11 PM
Licking the last of a savoury fish from its paw, the kitten does not think so. It leans over the edge of the stall, peering down at the pair below.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 08:13 PM
"Stinks?", Osnagard says, "Hadn't noticed, besides, look at all the people."
He watches the crowd come and go.. they tend to give him a little bit of extra space. Might have been the golems, but they were left behind. Could have been the necromany, but he's dressed normally for once. He just seems to make people uncomfortable in general.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 08:16 PM
Perhaps it was the Drow standing next to him. Raril also takes in the crowd, then spots a pair of women standing on a doorway. "Yes look at them all." He grins.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 08:17 PM
The kitten looks in the direction Raril is looking. It furrows its furry little brow and wonders what is so important in that direction.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 08:19 PM
"Something special about those two?", Osnagard asks. He also happens to look up and notice the kitten. He points it out to Raril with a smile.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 08:26 PM
Raril raises an eyebrow at Osnagard. "Are you as dead as your creations? You're paying more attention to a cat than a woman." He then looks up at the kitten, and his voice suddenly becomes more femenine. "Ohh it's so cute!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 08:30 PM
The kitten ducks down in the awning, not so sure being pointed at by two rather scary looking fellows is the best thing. However, it's eyes, ears, and... giraffe horns? can be seen over the edge still. It blinks its golden eyes a few times.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 08:32 PM
"Hmm? There is much to be said for loyalty, This One is afraid. Haha, and it's best to stay on the good side of the "Future Evil Dictator of The World".", Osnagard thinks about what he just said for a moment, "Can't remember if it's semi-Evil or quasi-Evil, either way you didn't hear it form This One."

blackout
2007-06-15, 08:39 PM
About fifteen squads' worth of Blackout Raider soldiers march into the docks and scatter, taking up position across the area.

Soldier: *over handheld loudspeaker*Attention citizens! The Blackout Raiders are simply acting in your best interests! This is a simple security increase until the proper police of the Town are restored! Continue with your business as if we were never here!

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 08:44 PM
Raril watches the soldiers file past, then speaks loudly so the soldiers hear him "Oh yes that's so inconspicuous! I'll just go on my way and ignore the large armored men!" He chuckles.

blackout
2007-06-15, 08:48 PM
The soldiers ignore Raril and continue to secure the area.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 08:49 PM
The kitten doesn't appear to be overly afraid of all this, just simply cautious. It retains ducked down status for the time being, keeping the closest eye on the two men. Occasionally it looks to the soldiers and even less often to the two women that had been indicated earlier. For reasons the kitten didn't quite comprehend.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 08:50 PM
The Sea Hunter climbs up the docks. When he can see who is on the docks, he spots many soldiers running about shouting orders.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 08:51 PM
Osnagard laughs at Raril, "It thinks they are mostly harmless anyway. What kind of police force acts like an army. This area will b lucky to avoid plunder from them, let alone anyone else."

Osnagard scratches his chin, "And This One thought you the type to shy away from women, seem not to like other Drow much."

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 08:56 PM
Raril laughs nervously. "If you knew what a Drow woman was capable of, you would stay away from them too. Where I'm from, they control everything. Men are hardly better than slaves. Surface life is much more about equality, and so the women aren't as intimidating."

blackout
2007-06-15, 08:59 PM
The soldiers don't touch any of the dock-based shopkeepers or their merchandise, they just do their jobs. And occasionally break out some rations.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 08:59 PM
The Sea Hunter climbs aboard the docks holding his Trident in defense, not knowing what reaction the soldiers will take to him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 09:04 PM
The kitten now adds the Sea Hunter to its list of things to be on the lookout for. It now watches as such: Soldiers, women, scary guys, hunter, repeat. More emphasis on the last two groups of things.

blackout
2007-06-15, 09:04 PM
No one seems to take notice, being used to the Town and it's many denizens by now.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 09:07 PM
((Having no knowledge about Dark Elves other than Morrowind and some mythology))

Osnagard makes light of this, "What could they do? Eat you like a spider eats it's mate? Besides they have much more power up here than they're aware of."

He notices the man/fish which just climbed out of the ocean, but makes no sign of it. He also looks back up to see if the kitten is still there.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:11 PM
Thinking that the soldiers have no clue what they are doing and have been touched by the gods, the Sea Hunter walks over to two men having a discussion over something and asks them "Pardon my intrusion, but what continent is this? I may have lost my way in a storm."

blackout
2007-06-15, 09:13 PM
Soldier: No idea, buddy. Welcome to the Town. *they go back to their conversation*

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 09:15 PM
Raril shudders. "Please don't mention spiders. And I've heard of things like that. Fortunately I haven't run across one quite so extreme. And I know the women here have just as much potential as anyone, but they don't try to kill me as often." Raril casts a curious glance at the Sea Hunter, but knows better than to stare.

((Evil matriarchal society who worship a demon spider godess, basically I gave you the short version. I could recomend further reading if you like.))

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:16 PM
(( Erm, my character wasn't talking to the soldiers; he was talking to Osnagard and Raril. I thought I made that clear. ))

blackout
2007-06-15, 09:19 PM
((...No, you didn't make it clear. Sorry.))

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 09:21 PM
((Nope, that's enough I think, thanks though.))

"The only one's I've ever came across were nomads, and seemd equal enough. And that is a very good point... just try not to get mixed up with a dictatoress."

Osnagard looks at Sea Hunter, "You are in Town, as for continent, you're on the only one. Only one This One knows about at the least."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 09:23 PM
Oh good. All three men had collected in the same place. That meant less whiplash trying to keep an eye on them all. The kitten appears to be listening thoughtfully. As thoughtfully as a kitten can listen. It is so absorbed it forgets to duck back down when Osnagard looks up at it this time.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 09:25 PM
"Yeah, I'm afraid we can't give you a better answer than that. This is the Town, it exists everywhere and yet nowhere at all. " He turns back to Osnagard. "A dictatoress? That sounds like an adventure."

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:25 PM
"There are others across the ocean, but they are meaningless. What is this Town about? I'm looking for specific knowledge on magic and a certain person who knows such magic."

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 09:31 PM
"Certainly can be, and there is always the bonus of ruleing the world. Just have to deal with whole single ruler of the Earth thing."

To Sea Hunter, "This One is called Osnagard, Necromancer by trade, can It be of help? As for other mages you'll just have to look around, they're all over the place."

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 09:34 PM
Raril nods "They sure are everywhere. Power-mad, universe bending, crazies. No offense to you, Osnagard."

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:37 PM
"No, you are not the one I am looking for. They say he finds necromancy... beneath him. If there are as truly as many spellcasters as you say, then I shall have to stay in this Town until I have found him or the knowledge I must obtain."

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 09:39 PM
"This One is not power-mad, nor crazy.. excentric perhaps, universe bending a little... but certainly not crazy."

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 09:42 PM
Raril grins. "Glad to hear it. Hey this mage you're looking for, do you know his name?" He glances at Osnagard then raises an eyebrow at The Sea Hunter.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:49 PM
"I would have asked for him by name if I did. I know he exists; others have seen him and described him to me. But they did not know his name either."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 09:49 PM
The kitten crawls down from the awning gracefully. Or at least, it would have been graceful if it hadn't slipped on the fish remains. It makes a delightfully adorable squeaking mew as is plops into a pile of fish below. Much to the chagrin of the fish salesman.

"What the-?! You little rat! Get out! Shoo! Shoo!" he exclaims, waving his hands at the thing, trying to drive it away from his business.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 09:54 PM
"Ah that's good. I doubt he's the same mage I'm thinking of then." Raril watches the kitten fall, and his voice suddenly takes on a higher pitch. "Oh no! Don't hurt the cute little thing" He tries to pick up the kitten and rescue it from the angry fish merchant.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 09:59 PM
Ignoring the issue with the cat, he says to Osnagard "Before I leave, is there anything in particular that I should know of this Town?"

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 10:00 PM
Osnagard watches with concern the kitten and the merchant. He also nods in agreement towards Sea Hunter, "It may take some time to track him down, any reason to be looking for this mage?." He already has a distaste for the unnamed mage.

"Nothing in particular, no, just be careful with whom you're dealing."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 10:03 PM
"Take the damn thing! It's ruining my catch! Get it out, NOW!" he practically screams. He had a rather rough day, to be fair, but he also does have a bit of a short temper...

The kitten is bundled up into Raril's arms pretty quickly. It shakes off as much fish as it can, although, a particularly large one is wedged between it's horns. Shaking doesn't seem to be helping much.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:06 PM
Raril continues speaking in the more femenine voice "Oh you poor dear" He pulls the fish from between the kitten's horns and tosses it aside, right into the fishmonger's face.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-15, 10:06 PM
"Thank you. I shall be on my way now." he walks off the docks and into the Town without answering his question about the mage.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 10:12 PM
More than likely, Raril's hands brush up against the horns as he removes the fish. As they does, a small snippet of telepathic voice can be heard, remarkably matching the cuteness of the animal. Thank you... not so scary... It must mean Raril, because the it is practically quailing under the fishmonger's various curses.

The man throws the fish to the ground before shutting up, turning away, and grabbing his meat cleaver. He begins to chop the heads off of fish rather moodily, glaring at Raril and the kitten from time to time and muttering.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 10:14 PM
"Well that was rather rude,", Osnagard starts, "and hello Lillith, havn't seen you yet this evening."

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:20 PM
"Hi, deary. I just couldn't let this cutie, here, get hurt by that man." He pets the kitten, trying to comfort it. "Yeah, he was pretty mean to it. I'll have to come back down here later." The drow's red eyes flash and he grins wickedly as he stares at the fishmonger's back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 10:25 PM
It burrows close to Raril, deciding that anything that took its side and petted it was probably trustworthy enough. In traditional cat style, it starts to purr, the vibration thrumming through its entire body. It happens to be a sensational purr-er.

The fishmonger doesn't notice, now just working solidly, trying to not let it ruin what is left of his day.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 10:27 PM
Osnagard flips his wrist, and one by one the "dead" fish start flailing around and jumping back into the water untill 10 or so have gone. "Looks like you aren't as good a fisherman as you thought.", with that Osnagard starts walking along the docks and looking into other stalls to see what there is. "Coming?", he asks Raril.

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:28 PM
Raril chuckles and follows, still carrying the kitten. "Of course. It's probably not best to stay around all the stinky fish."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 10:32 PM
The fishmonger looks utterly astonished. Then furious. Luckily he keeps his temper in check and only hurls the cleaver to the ground rather than at the trio. Murder. Not good. In any event, he starts to chase after what fish he can, cursing loudly. What. a. day.

The kitten seems happy enough in Raril's arms. It thinks the voice changing is rather odd, but then again, so is a kitten with giraffe horns that seem to amplify telepathy when touched. Ergo, it decides to let it slide.

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 10:38 PM
When browsing though various stalls some pearls accidentally fall into Osnagards pocket here, perhaps a few gold suddenly appear there, nothing too big and nothing that's going to be missed untill later.

"So now what do we want to do?"

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:41 PM
Raril watches and follows, a slight smile on his face. "Well, I really didn't like the way that fishmonger was glaring at me. Do you think you can hold this for a second?" Raril tries to pass the kitten to Osnagard.
"And don't you dare hurt it!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-15, 10:45 PM
The kitten realizes it is being passed off for the time being and gazes up at Osnagard with wide, golden eyes. You know, it really had the adorable look down. But also... intelligent? Yes. There was that, too...

Osnagard
2007-06-15, 10:47 PM
Osnagard accepts the kitten, "Why should This One ever dream of hurting it?", It's obvious he's never held a cat before but cradels it gentaly in one arm while scratching it's head with the other

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:51 PM
"I'll be right back." Suddenly Raril's features shift to that of an old begger, complete with ragged clothing. "We have a score to settle" He then makes his way back to the fish stand.

Vhaidara
2007-06-15, 10:52 PM
(FYI: None of my characters will be active for a while. See my sig for why.)

Artemis97
2007-06-15, 10:56 PM
((I see the banner, but I don't know what that means. Could you explain? I see the "___ in the playground" Things all the time, but I never quite understood how they were gotten or why))