PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wizard/Sorcerer cavalry?

deuxhero
2015-01-07, 02:34 AM
I noticed a wizard (or sorcerer) with Uncanny Concentration doesn't require concentration rolls to cast while mounted (and you can stick on Nature Soul, Animal Ally and Boon Companion to give them a relevant mount at latter levels). Is there anything interesting you could do with a mounted mage as either NPC enemies (alone, in a group or supporting a group of non-casters) or PCs that mountless mages couldn't beyond the mobility itself?

Tarvus
2015-01-07, 02:48 AM
First thing I think of is making the mount your familiar. With a permanent Enlarge via spell sharing and a small sized familiar (of which there are a few), your gnome wizard can ride around with a mount that can be targeted by personal spells and the various abuses that come with familiars. Conversely Reduce yourself and fly around on your bat, terrorizing people with spells.

If you get an exotic saddle made for him, IIRC you'd only have a -5 for riding an untrained mount. I'd suggest a military exotic saddle for 60gp for the +2 circumstance bonus on Ride.