PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Killer Dungeon: Borealum

Kallimakus
2015-01-07, 06:09 AM
You have all answered the call for adventure!

Deep beneath earth lies Borealum, a dungeon created to contain an artefact of immeasurable power.
This artefact is said to be sentient and it generates “Life” that sustains the defenders of the dungeon without need for food or sleep, but eventually subjugates them and makes them part of its system. Thus it is in control of most creatures within it, allowing myriad creatures to cooperate despite them conventionally being enemies.

A religious order has grown from the first guardians of this dungeon, and now they have found to their alarm that its wards fired up, leading people to believe that it is compromised. Backup systems will “reset” the dungeon eventually, but right now the safety of the artefact must be ascertained. If it’s judged unsafe, it should be retrieved and placed somewhere else in the meantime.

The dungeon is a “living” entity and is capable of configuring itself and its defenders against intruders to a certain level. Supposedly it could rearrange its own corridors and rooms to place greater obstacles on the path of intruders. It probably can’t fundamentally alter its structure or create new traps in safe rooms.

You are the second group to be sent in, and the first that anyone places any confidence on. The prior group was sent in as soon as the anti-teleportation wards of the dungeon could be breached. They established a more permanent connection to the outside world and forged on into the dungeon itself, but withdrew after encountering stiff opposition in the second room. They have marked the traps of the first corridor and the room you enter. You will be teleported into the antechamber, pretty much the furthest point from the artefact and the only place directly accessible from the outside.

Helt - Meemas Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=73064)
Magnus - Savior Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=73150)
Ausk - ICN Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=75018)
Grillo - mote Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1081018)
Wailwae - Starbin Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1082479)
Beast - Keegan Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1087281)
Gregoric - TomPliss Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=72385)

In the OOC thread, discuss if you want a gathering before being teleported into the dungeon or if you want to start from the inside. Essentially, how much roleplay vs combat is desired.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?391720-Pathfinder-Killer-Dungeon-Borealum-OOC)

Kallimakus
2015-01-09, 03:49 PM
Indrick stood outside the temple building in the city of Auger. The sky was cloudless and the sun was climbing higher, which failed to reflect his own stormy mood. Certainly he had sent a word out less than a week ago, but it should have reached all intended recipients and they were all people capable of acting fast when so much was at stake. He was pacing back and forth, scanning the milling crowd for any arrivals. He wore the ceremonial blue-gold vestments of his order, somewhat warm on such a summer day.

Looking at the crowd, Indrick thought he saw someone approaching with a purpose. He stopped pacing, turning to greet the arrival gruffly. He motions at the person to follow him into the temple where they can discuss their business in private and despatches an acolyte to guide in future arrivals. The inside of the building is pleasantly cool, dim with sunlight coming in through ornamental carvings of the temple façade. You follow the priest into a back room, where on the ground is a inscribed a golden circle, ten feet across and marked with arcane sigil, almost visibly throbbing with power. "Might want to avoid stepping on that unless you want a one-way trip to Borealum" he says, gesturing to the circle. "My name is Indrick, and I'll discuss your mission at length after the rest of your companions to be arrive. It shouldn't be long. Have a seat, I can have something for you to drink or eat should you wish." he says with a deep, level voice.

mote
2015-01-09, 07:37 PM
Grillo briskly pushes his way through the crowd, holding his tail in one hand and using the other to separate the various hips and butts blocking his passage. He spots Indrick and shares a nod before following him into the temple.

"Don't tell me I'm the first one here," he grumbles, double-checking the mechanisms in the wand sheathes on his wrists. "I thought these fellas were supposed to be professionals."

He takes a seat. "So, what's the word from the forward team? What kinda trouble they run into that sent 'em scurrying back here?"

meemaas
2015-01-09, 07:57 PM
Helt

Not far behind Grillo, Helt follows, seemingly unnoticed by Indrick until they reached the room. He leans against the wall sideways, placing his back so that he's not leaning against the musket he's got strapped to it, and smiles at Grillo. "Now now, we're probably early. I mean, nobody is ever expected to be perfectly on time in this day and age."

Keegan__D
2015-01-10, 05:18 AM
An elven child walks into the temple without slowing at the acolyte's request for halt. He knew where he needed to be, and didn't feel up to the argument of his apparent age. It was not the way he wanted to spend his time shed of Beast. He takes a seat silently, and awaits the introduction to begin.

Savior
2015-01-10, 01:51 PM
Magnus

Magnus slowly swept in through the crowd, sluggish and tired. He awaited the invitation to progress on with the mission, which he enjoyed the waiting.

ICN
2015-01-10, 08:57 PM
Ausk strides into the temple and settles down in a chair to wait, his gaze wary and his weapon within easy reach beside him.

Kallimakus
2015-01-11, 05:56 AM
Indrick greets the new arrivals as they come and thanks them for their arrival. He gives a puzzled eyebrow at the childlike elf, but doesn't press the issue. He begins his explanation after a number of you have gathered. He’ll start answering questions and explaining the background of the situation as you await the last members of the group.

“For centuries our order has watched over Borealum, keeping it safe and its existence unknown. Even if someone learned that it existed, they would have no way of knowing what it was. Even if they knew what it was, they would not know where it is. And even if they knew where it was, it could only be reached from this temple, and even then, only the antechamber could be reached. Thus the enemy would grind itself against the defences of Borealum and clear the way for pursuit. Any damage dealt to the dungeon itself would be repaired by itself, and new defenders made to replace ones that were lost.”

He pauses for a moment before continuing: “It seems we were arrogant. Someone breached our wards in the middle of the dungeon and we know not how.” Indrick looks down, ashamed of himself before continuing:

”The first group we sent was composed of our finest warriors and the best trapfinder we could find at short notice, a burglar we had pardoned from prison for this duty. They got past the trap-laden first corridor and into the dungeon proper. in the first chamber they encountered a handful of humanoids and engaged in combat. Our troops found their weapons ineffective and our clerics found many of their spells ineffective. After a brief combat they were pushed back to the trapped corridor and retreated without being pursued. Almost miraculously, our forces suffered no fatalities, though many had critical injuries by the time we managed to extract them. “

“Sarquis the Sneak, trapfinder and thief has marked the traps on the first corridor, which should be safe to travel through. Most of the traps are harmless enough by themselves, but they’re rigged with secondary, maybe tertiary traps that will be sprung if you try to disarm them. Sarquis is not a combatant, and as such won’t take such risks. He said he’d rather sit his sentence in prison than die to traps for some crazy religious order. He shall do so, for we have returned him to authorities.”

He rises up and picks up a bundle of finely crafted rods. He proffers one to each of you. They are some 10” long, thin and made of intricately carved wood inlaid with gold. “These are rescue beacons.” he explains, “When one is snapped in two, we will summon the one with the broken beacon into the temple. Use them if you are too injured to fight on and we will heal you to the best of our ability. They are expensive to create, so don’t use them lightly. It’s also worth noting that these are the only way that you can exit Borealum so they should not be used lightly.” After each of you has received a beacon, there are 5 left (total of 10 exist at this time).

TomPliss
2015-01-11, 06:29 AM
A Human with silver wings and armor dives to join the group of adventurers, trying not to interrupt the templar as he arrives. He simply nods toward Indrick to express his embarrassment.

Keegan__D
2015-01-11, 08:56 AM
"So we have squat to work with." Nimrah said under his breath.

As soon as the bundle of rods was presented, Beast began chanting into Nimrah's head with "Crack the stick!" Nimrah ignored him, with difficulty. He had learned that the best way to control a voice in his head was to not listen to it.

After Indrick finishes, Nimrah chimes in with a question, "Were you unable to ascertain the method by which the intruders gained entrance into the temple?" He cleared his throat, "Certainly among the defenses include scrying spells."

Starbin
2015-01-11, 10:26 AM
"So we have squat to work with." Nimrah said under his breath.

A whispering voice answered nearby, "Not true. The pale-skins ... they has us" A glance would reveal a small figure wrapped in the shadows of the others, keeping to the walls. He reached for a rod, slipping it into a small pack on his back. For those acquainted with his kind, they saw a fairly typical wayang. Small and lithe, with deep purple skin, almost bordering on violet. Across his arm, the others caught glimpses of small bleached spots tracing strange whorls of some significance. Within the hooded cloak glittered black eyes with hints of purple, noting and analyzing the others.

Leaning back against the wall, he turned back to the priest, waiting for the answers to the others questions.

I figure with an average stealth check of 35, Vailwae could probably slip in unnoticed by most, but I'll let y'all figure that out for yourselves. If necessary, he could up that to 55 with invisibility

Just some poetic liscense that our DM might trump anyhoo :smallbiggrin:

mote
2015-01-11, 11:14 AM
Grillo, admiring the craftsmanship on the rescue beacon, starts upright when Vailwae speaks. "Wayang, huh? Interesting. Least I'm not the shortest one here."

He goes back to sifting through his mental file cabinet: "So...Humanoids. Weapons and spells ineffectual. But the clerics were useless too, so that probably rules out undead. Illusions? Ethereal? Oh, hopefully not ethereal, I hate that plane!" He looks up at Indrick, "So wait, were these guys part of the dungeon's defenses or were they the infiltrators?"

Kallimakus
2015-01-11, 02:29 PM
“I will answer the questions and proceed to explain what we know of Borealum.” Indrick says, his voice growing quiet for a moment before he continues: “Borealum itself is hidden from most forms of divination. It should have been entirely undetectable, though clearly some method must have been overlooked during the warding. We cannot scry inside its premises so whatever is behind this intrusion is currently safe from us. The rooms are each built with a ward, allowing us to monitor the advance of the intruders. It seems that they are either not aware of the prize inside or are greatly taxed by the defences and must recover their strength after every room.” he concludes.

He reads an immediate question and after a moment he continues: “While you might imagine that this would allow us to monitor him carefully, the detailed layout of the dungeon and its defences are not known. What we know from our own lore is that Borealum is a labyrinth filled with monsters under its control. It can also alter it’s layout to a limited degree. It can’t move rooms but altering the connections between them is possible. We have never set foot inside so the accuracy of these facts is unknown. We also know that it provides its occupants with sustenance, meaning that you shouldn’t need to worry about food and drink while inside. The area my people accessed was not lit I think it’s safe to assume that all creatures within can function without light and some might even be vulnerable to it.”

“Concerning our opposition, in the first room, our warriors were armed with enchanted steel blades that seemed to encounter no resistance and inflict no harm, though the attacks they received in return were very real. On the other hand, our priesthood has an affinity to earth magic and protective runes. I’m not sure how reliable these reports are though, our forces are hardly battle hardened, it shames me to say, and they are less capable than you.”

Keegan__D
2015-01-12, 12:39 AM
Nimrah shuddered at the hushed voice. He had not detected his entrance in the slightest, and it disturbed him. Not having access to Beast's senses was uncomfortable to say the least. He did not respond to the weird looking shadow stalker, and stood, "Well, I am satisfied that we won't gain anything by delaying further." Nimrah steps onto the magical circle on the ground, entering Borealum.

Starbin
2015-01-12, 08:36 AM
Vailwae watched with some amusement as the elven child is visibly disturbed by his presence, wondering what he will do in this dark dungeon of dangerous devices. However, when the boy suddenly stands, speaking of delaying no further and steps onto the seal, he is somewhat surprised ... and disappointed. I had hoped he'd be smarter ... he thought to himself, before turning to the ...warden.

"A deadly cage, but you can't sees what's in it ... wards but no pictures ... ghosties that can touch ... a 'prize' hidden within ...trapsies and tricksies, come back to bite ye ..." He paused for a moment, then looked piercingly at Indrick. "Unknown, undiscoverable, untouchable, unbreachable ... and all untrue. But you said 'he' ... you knows who it is, don't you?"

[roll0] ... and any knowledge checks to determine what creatures might meet the descriptions of the first group? Vailwae has +15 or +12 in knowledge skills (with a +1d8 to all checks).

meemaas
2015-01-12, 05:51 PM
Helt

Helt looks up at the strange Wayang as it speaks, and speaks directly at it. "Its the typical male pride my kind has. We would never expect a woman to be able to infiltrate a location that shouldn't exist. Only men are capable of that." With a smile, he pats his sack. "I'm sure we'll be fine. Lets get on our way. All the talking and preparing in the world won't make it any less dangerous." He steps into the circle, and speaks under his breath a word that seemed unintelligible, and yet resonated with power in its very syllables. "And worry not, I can identify any magic we may come across"

Gonna activate my Litany of Sight unbroken.

Tzacotl check [roll0]

Damn, that's a nice roll. I now have the effect of Greater Arcane Sight until further notice.

Savior
2015-01-12, 08:54 PM
Magnus

The large stature of a man stepped into the circle with no words, only an anticipation to rest both hands on their respected pommels.

mote
2015-01-12, 10:57 PM
Grillo glances back at the Wayang, then toward the group moving into the circle, and shrugs. "Guess the crowd has spoken."

Before joining the others in the circle, he slips a vial from his satchel, pulls the cork out with his teeth, and spits into it. It glows faintly as he sloshes the contents around then downs it in a single swallow. "Lead the way, boys."

Drinking a potion of Longstrider and a daily use of Enhance Potion (6/7) that activates it at my caster level. Should be good for 9 hours.

Starbin
2015-01-13, 11:44 AM
Vailwae almost grinned at the way the others moved to go into the dungeon without any further information. He waited, not letting the peer pressure force him to leave before he was ready. There would be other times where leaping first might be required - this did not seem like the time.

Kallimakus
2015-01-13, 03:43 PM
As each of you enters the circle, you feel a sense of dislocation as your eyes involuntarily close. As they open again, you see nothing but darkness. Temperature drops sharply, though it isn’t exactly cold. The place has an eerie feel to it, almost unnaturally quiet, only sounds there being the ones you yourselves make, echoing in the room. The walls, the floor and even the ceiling are made of carved stone, though no toolmarks are evident anywhere. The floor is patterned with 1 foot squares in a regular pattern. There is evidence of tampering though, discarded gear, torches and rations litter the floor.

A single exit from the room lies directly in front of you, a corridor that runs straight until your vision no longer pierces the darkness. Above the doorway is an inscription in ancient script, likely a warning or a ward. The floor has chalk markings on some tiles. A large number of tiles. There’s no immediate way of determining their meaning.

Indrick looks stunned at the arcane circle and sighs. Clearly these are men of action rather than words or ceremony. He produces a small notebook and hands it over to Vailwae. “This is Sarquiss’s journal. I asked him to document their progress in Borealum, and though his stay there was brief, it might hold something useful for the start of your quest” he says. There’s hardly two pages worth of text, though there are some observations concerning Borealum, as well as details of the traps. He also provides you with a quartet of scrolls. “These scrolls provide you with communications to us on the surface,” he says, indicating to two bound with red leather strips, “And these can briefly undo some of the protective wards and allow us to teleport supplies to you directly.” he finishes indicating to the ones bound in blue.

As far as Grillo can tell, Indrick is not hiding anything. Racking his brain, he can come up with some viable methods of ingress that could bypass the defences. While the dungeon is thoroughly protected from detection, someone aware of its existence and possessed of sufficient resources could locate it by casting divinations underground and physically checking out the places where they fail. That doesn’t seem reasonable. Knowledge (Common Sense) tells you that it’s more likely that its location has leaked out or something with great awareness concerning earth became aware of it and broke in.

There are no magical wards in this room. The carvings over the doorway are mundane, and Silent Image covers certain tiles, creating an illusion of solid walls along the corridor.

These scrolls of plot convenience are there in order for you to gain equipment as you progress. There will be items inside the dungeon as well, but they’re likely as not to be better than your starting gear.

Edit: The description is for creatures with Darkvision (which is most of you I believe). If Grillo reveals or is using his Ioun Torch, the colours become apparent. The stone is unnatural dark red in colour here, and has seamless golden inlays that mark an abstract image of some kind across the entire floor. This is indistinguishable in greyscale.

mote
2015-01-13, 06:02 PM
Grillo blinks as his eyes adjust to the darkness, then he pulls his ioun torch from his bag and sets it floating in the air above his shoulder. Squinting at the inscription above the door and the strange markings on the floor, he opens his kit and carefully picks out a few choice ingredients.

"I'm assuming none of you fellas can read that sign above the door? If so, I'll put the ol' alchemy to use on it."

If no one can read the door inscription off-hand, I will prepare an infusion of Comprehend Languages to read it.

EDIT: Also I want to make a Knowledge(Arcana) check to see if I can glean any magical meaning from the chalk markings or the image on the floor.
I screwed up the dice roller by editing I think, so can you just roll 1d20+25 for me Kallimakus? :smallredface:

Bombs: 16/16
Enhance Potion: 6/7
Prepared Infusions: ([ ] = Unused; [X] = Used)
Lv1: Bomber's Eye [ ]; True Strike [ ]; Reduce Person [ ]; Shield [ ]
Lv2: False Life [ ]; Invis [ ]; Spider Climb [ ]; Restoration (Lesser) [ ]; See Invis [ ]; Alchemical Allocation [ ]
Lv3: Gaseous Form [ ]; Haste [ ]; Fly [ ]
Infusion Slots Free: Lv1[3] Lv2[0] Lv3[2]
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (9 hrs)

Starbin
2015-01-14, 01:00 PM
Ignoring the others disappearing through the portal, Vailwae focused politely on Indrick. He took the scrolls and slipped them into his pack, while the notebook he took and began to pour through swiftly. He nodded as the man spoke, understanding the concerns and the purpose of the scrolls. Glancing at the portal, he paused - he would have liked to have spoken to the previous visitors, but it seemed like time was no longer a commodity.

With a sigh, he asked, "Does the clock tick-tock, tick-tock? Are we's under time constraints?

And what's the prize, yes? The juicy secret in the heart ... wot's that?"

Barring anything earth shattering, once he had answers to his questions, Vailwae would slip across into the portal and join the others.

meemaas
2015-01-15, 09:41 AM
Helt

Helt takes a close look at the runes too, studying them closely with his own knowledge.

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]

Kallimakus
2015-01-15, 12:15 PM
Indrick nods at Wailwae after his question. "You need to stop whoever or whatever has intruded Borealum before they reach its centre." he says. "The dungeon supposedly rearranges itself to slow down intruders. If my understanding is correct, it must keep a linear path, so when you reach his entrance point your progress should be quicker after that. What exactly the artefact does is a secret not entrusted even to the head of our order, though I think the measures taken to keep it away from mortal hands speaks volumes of its power."

He falls silent for a moment. "You should hurry up and join your companions. The intruder seems to progress at a rate of one or two rooms each day. There are scores of rooms, though since Borealum can't truly be mapped, it doesn't really tell us much about your time limit."

Inside Borealum, the carving reads:
Beyond lies Borealum. No mortal that enters shall leave.

The chalk markings appear to be some custom variant of markings used by dungeoneers and miners to point out hazards or paths. They look hardly days old. Perhaps they were left here by the first expedition?

Edit: forgot to write this: The runic carvings above the doorway are not in any language you know. After Grillo brews an extract of Comprehend languages, the markings convey the following.

mote
2015-01-16, 11:17 AM
"Beyond lies Borealum. No mortal that enters shall leave." Grillo reads aloud for the group. "Well, we'll see about that I guess. What say we do some exploring, gentlemen?"

Prepared Extracts: ([ ] = Unused; [X] = Used)
Lv1: Bomber's Eye [ ]; True Strike [ ]; Reduce Person [ ]; Shield [ ]; Comprehend Languages [X]
Lv2: False Life [ ]; Invis [ ]; Spider Climb [ ]; Restoration (Lesser) [ ]; See Invis [ ]; Alchemical Allocation [ ]
Lv3: Gaseous Form [ ]; Haste [ ]; Fly [ ]
Extract Slots Free: Lv1[2] Lv2[0] Lv3[2]
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (9 hrs); Comprehend Languages (90 min)

meemaas
2015-01-16, 07:09 PM
Helt

Helt moves through the doorway and looks down the hall, waiting for the other, more heavily armored allies, to head down first.

Starbin
2015-01-17, 10:05 AM
Vailwae

Nodding to the priest, the wayang slipped forward towards the portal. He wondered at that last warning, about how powerful the artifact must be, but knew it just added to the challenge before him. As he stepped across, he mentally ran over his resources again, already focusing on the task at hand.

Upon arrival on the other side, Vailwae took stock of the situation. Smirking, he found the others standing around staring at strange markings on the floor and down a seemingly endless corridor. Moving towards them, he cleared his throat, least they think him a part of the defenses of this place.

"Ah, the swift ones ... what has they found? Tricks and trapses? Perhaps this helps, yes?". Holding up the journal, Vailwae proceeded to check it, looking for Sarquiss' notes for the entry point. Glancing down the hall, he frowned - something seemed weird about it.

Take 10 on Perception (29 +[roll0]+4 vs traps) 33 or 37

1: cure light wounds x2, enlarge person, reduce person, expeditious retreat, keen senses, negate aroma
2: alchemical allocation; bull's strength; cure moderate wounds; invisibility; see invisiblity; spider climb
3: cure serious wounds; fly; gaseous form; haste; remove blindness/deafness
Init +12, HP 58/58, Speed 20ft
AC 22, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17 CMB/CMD +5/+20
Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +7

Savior
2015-01-19, 10:22 AM
Magnus

Magnus Followed Helt, so far not a word escaped his tightly closed lips. He simply stood tall and strong, looking to be the least flashy, and at the moment, least useful.

Kallimakus
2015-01-20, 02:01 PM
Flipping open the book, Vailwae found the passage describing the antechamber on the first page. It concludes that Sarquiss found that the golden inlays could not be removed without proper tools that he neglected to bring. the passage concludes with an optimistic note about returning there later with a Bag of Holding to carry out a fortune.

Next you find a passage instructing the wardens of Borealum on avoiding the traps in the first corridor. There are notes that explain that most of the traps are obvious and easily spotted, and are there to draw attention away from less obvious traps and anti-tampering devices.

-Paraphrased-
Do not step on a tile marked with a square; it is a trap that will kill you.
Do not step on a tile marked with a circle; it triggers a pitfall behind you that will kill your friend
Duck after any tile marked with a halved square; there is a trap that will kill you.
Behind the bend in the corridor there are statues; they have some form of magic on them but I couldn’t examine it further; square within square marks a safe spot to step into.
Don’t touch any objects or carvings on the walls. They trigger traps that will kill you.

Several tiles contain multiple markings (such as a triangle within a square) that are absent from the journal. The paragraph break after the paraphrased section is also longer than previous ones.

Sarquiss also writes that he drank a potion of invisibility to sneak past the guardians of the first room as the fighting forces engaged them. The next corridor doesn’t have nearly as many traps as far as he could tell. He remarks that after seeing the fight going poorly for his muscle he joined the fray and knocked one foe unconscious with a sap, fighting off a second one for a while before joining the retreat. He describes them as taller than him, with odd faces and sharp teeth. Some fought unarmed, others used melee weapons. There were some tras in the room but Sarquiss lacked the opportunity to mark them.

Finally, there is a mention of an odd, “wrong” quality to the air he sensed in the room. He couldn’t quite tell what, but it made ‘my beard bristle’ as he puts it.

Starbin
2015-01-20, 02:55 PM
Vailwae

The wayang moved to the others, whispering what he had learned from the book so that everyone would know. He also studied the steps, just to make sure that Sarquiss hadn't missed anything, knowing it could well mean their death if he, too, missed a crucial trap.

"So ... you have warnings ... we progresses forward, yes?".

Waiting for the others to move out before he does. However, he will check on those traps and such as he goes, knowing to fail could be fatal, and try to see if there are any magical wards that would prevent flying/floating through.

1: cure light wounds x2, enlarge person, reduce person, expeditious retreat, keen senses, negate aroma
2: alchemical allocation; bull's strength; cure moderate wounds; invisibility; see invisiblity; spider climb

meemaas
2015-01-21, 05:56 PM
Helt

"Yes, indeed. We should go forward. Any time spent here is time wasted. But before all else..." He stops talking and digs into his haversack, pulling out a few of his bullets and lobbing one at the nearest tile in the hallway with a square on it. After he lets it go, he ducks back and watches for it to hit from a safe distance. "Lets see what these traps look like."

Tossing a single bullet pellet at one of the marked squares to see if it triggers.

Keegan__D
2015-01-24, 11:31 AM
"Before you go triggering the traps, we should figure out where they are. It says here that the pit fall is for your friends. That's likely this location here." he says, gesturing to their feet. "I, personally, would rather not fall to my death in the first room of this place. If we could confirm the location of the pit trap, that would be far less likely to happen."

Perception, looking for the pit trap opening: [roll0]
Also waiting on GM response to invisible ink question. It seems unlikely that our predecessor would attempt to trick us, but it's possible. It could even be a note just for himself as to the location of some treasure. Maybe a Sense Motive roll would help here. Mine's ****, but others aren't.

Kallimakus
2015-01-25, 12:33 PM
The bullet hits the tile targeted and clatters onward in the corridor, coming to a halt in a junction between tiles. You wait for a moment and nothing happens. It seems that the triggers require greater force to activate. Taking a close look at the floor of the antechamber and knocking it with the hilts or butts of your weapons you conclude that there is no hollow portion in it. The first tile marked with only a triangle is around 40 ft. into the corridor, leaving plenty of room in the corridor itself for a pitfall. The corridor is 15 feet tall and wide, and square shaped. A medium creature could fly there without too much difficulty using wings, or easily with magical flight.

Trap Sense and regular trapfinding taking 10 reveals that there are far fewer openings, tiles being slightly out of place and other signs of mundane traps on the floor and ceiling. The walls seem entirely bereft of traps.

Arcane Sight reveals no magical traps or triggers beyond the Silent Image on the walls. The walls appear nearly the same, though there are grooves and holes set in a repeating pattern along the wall. Long vertical grooves are set every ten feet, there are 4 rows of 5 holes spaced between them in a staggered pattern and four horizontal grooves around 4 feet long in pairs. without closer inspection it is difficult to see whether they are grooves or openings.

mote
2015-01-26, 12:18 AM
Grillo seems distracted and mutters to himself as the others mull over the trap tiles.

"Knocked one 'unconscious,' he says...'Unconscious' implies consciousness, does it not?" He begins pulling ingredients out of his haversack and mixing them together in a double-chambered extract vial. "Consciousness implies thoughts. And thoughts can be gleaned with a little ingenuity." The vial emits a dull glow as he completes the extract and shoves it into a bandolier slot.

"Once you boys are done checking these traps, I've got a plan to deal with those dudes who chased off the J.V. squad."

Brewing an extract of Seek Thoughts
Lv1: Bomber's Eye [ ]; True Strike [ ]; Reduce Person [ ]; Shield [ ]; Comprehend Languages [X]
Lv3: Gaseous Form [ ]; Haste [ ]; Fly [ ]; Seek Thoughts [ ]
Extract Slots Free: Lv1[2] Lv2[0] Lv3[1]
Cognatogen: [ ]
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (9 hrs); Comprehend Languages (90 min)

Keegan__D
2015-01-26, 06:16 PM
"Seems those don't weigh enough. Allow me to try something." Nasall beckons forth [roll0] hound archon(s) to assure a safe path. He tells them of the book's warnings, and sends one down the corridor. "Now, we just have to follow this fellow, and we'll be across in no time."

Starbin
2015-01-27, 08:28 AM
Vailwae

Vailwae watched the others play at throwing stones and calling forth creatures. As they did this, something one of them said raised a thought. Pulling out a tindertwig, he ignited it near the book, letting the light and heat aid in pulling forth any hidden messages. If necessary, between himself and Grillo, they should be able to find a compound that would reveal the message.

When the hounds moved forward, Vailwae asked quietly, "What is it trying to do, hmmm? Squares in squares is safe ... unless you don't trusts the book ...?". He looked inquisitively at the others, wondering if they had reason not to trust the book, they who seemed anxious to rush forward.

Okay, using the tindertwig to check for heat/light sensitive messages. If not, here's a check to figure out what was used ... [roll0].

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned the silent image, but if possible V would try to turn it off, per the Disable Dweomer. [roll1]+[roll2] = 39 vs DC 15+CL. Takes [roll3] rounds and disables it for [roll4].

Finally, if we cannot find something in the book, Perception check vs unidentified squares (triangle in square): [roll5]+[roll6] = 41

Keegan__D
2015-01-27, 11:21 AM
"Well, there are tiles without information on them. Given the evolving nature of Borealum, I figure it's a safe bet that things have changed since the last group ventured into this room." Nimrah explains. He may have been hasty to enter, but traps are no way to die. "Besides, they'll serve useful, should whatever our predecessors faced remain in the next room."

He takes note of Vailwae's tindertwig, and retorts, "Do you not trust the book?"

meemaas
2015-01-27, 10:26 PM
Helt

"I don't know about anyone else. I just wanted to test the traps and see what they were."

Kallimakus
2015-01-28, 01:20 PM
The summoned creatures listen to the instructions given and one of them starts forward, swiftly navigating the corridor until it reaches a turn some 60 feet into the corridor, on the edge of your darkvision and light sources. It then disappears to the left, beyond your sight.

Vailwae ignites the tindertwig and holds it close to the book. At first, there is nothing, but soon enough portions of the empty space is riddled with lines that keep growing, forming letters and then words.
Two more lines of symbol explanations are revealed. The first one details that a square inside a triangle determines a trap that he couldn't identify but is still there.
Second reveals that any other two symbols marks a square as safe as the others, drawn only to make the passage and his job seem more dangerous and earn more pay. It also notes that he might have exaggerated the dangers of the traps slightly to make sure that no-one thought to be careless.

Soon afterward, there is a growling sound, followed by heavy running footseteps, and few wooshes of displaced air. The archon reports that it had reached the last symbol there had been sounds ahead. Speech, though spoken too quietly to be heard from such a distance. Two humanoid beings had started along the corridor to challenge the archon so it withdrew. It's opponents were not evil, and heedlessly pursued it to the trapped corridor.

Beyond the corner the markings are more densely packed, but safe passage could still be found. It assumes that the sound was that of a triggered trap.

The creatures encountered were humanoid, wore no discernible armor and were equipped with light weapons. There may have been bows as well, though no arrows were fired. It saw 5 creatures through the doorway, though much of the room was still hidden from him.

Starbin
2015-01-29, 10:19 AM
Vailwae

As the words appeared, Vailwae grinned back at Nimrah, responding. "Not the book we don't trust ... but the author."

Pointing to the new passages, he chuckled, "The sneaksy thief kept secrets from his team. Those symbols are not trapses ... and those he couldn't figure out. Best we use caution and move along."

Stepping to the symbols Sarquiss couldn't figure out, he looked at them again ...

Curious - any results from my last checks? Lots of checks but no results on checking the squares.

If I need to make more, then here we go: [roll0]+[roll1]=38 and [roll2]+[roll3]=40

mote
2015-01-29, 11:21 AM
Grillo barks a laugh. "Clever bastard. Can't say I blame him. So we need to avoid the squares, circles, half-squares, and triangles. No big deal. And don't touch anything pretty on the walls."

"Now, here's what I'm thinking: I'm gonna go invisible and sneak into the room with the guards. They didn't notice the cleric, so hopefully they won't notice me either. I've got an extract that will let me read their thoughts to some extent. If I can get 'em thinking about what their weakpoint is, then we should have no problem employing our muscle here to take 'em down. Sound good to everyone?"

ICN
2015-02-02, 02:46 AM
Ausk jerks awake, realizing he managed to nod off at some point during the conversation. He looks around blearily before snatching up his weapon and striding to the portal. Upon arrival, Ausk takes a moment to look around, then walks up to join the others. Catching the tail end of what Grillo said, he shrugs and settles into a comfortable stance to wait.

Starbin
2015-02-02, 10:35 AM
Vailwae

The wayang nodded at Grillo's suggestion. "See what they is doing and tell us. Good idea, yes. I'll check the traps 'n walls and disable where possible."

Letting Grillo go first, Vailwae will follow slowly, ensuring there is a good path to get down the hallway. Checking the 'good' tiles as he goes, to make sure they're still good; disabling where it won't take too long.

mote
2015-02-02, 02:43 PM
"Welp, if there are no objections..."

Grillo deactivates his floating torch and begins slipping potions out of his satchel and the bandoliers across his chest, twirling them between his fingers and flipping them in the air (and other wholly unnecessary flourishes) before downing them at an alarming speed - two or three gulps, or sometimes just one long sickening swallow. He wipes his mouth with his sleeve, then belches. "Here goes nothing."

He sips a last vial and disappears from view.

Drinking my Cognatogen (+4 Int, -2 Str, +2 Natural Amor; 90 min)
Also drinking extracts of:
False Life (12 Temporary HP; 9 hrs)
Shield (+4 AC, deflect Magic Missiles; 9 min)
Fly (9 min)
Invisibility (9 min)
Seek Thoughts (9 min)

I'm flying down the middle of the corridor, midway between the floor and ceiling and not touching any walls. Once I'm inside the chamber, I'm going to stay midway between the floor and ceiling. If none of the guards notice me, I'll take a quick look around with my darkvision.

Once I get a good look around, I'll move near the middle of the room or wherever I can get as many of the stupider-looking guards in my area of effect as possible. Seek Thoughts works in a 60ft cone and everyone in the AoE gets a DC 22 Will save to prevent his thoughts being read for the duration of the spell.

I'm going to yell out" "So, boys, how come the group before couldn't hurt you? What's your secret power?"

If I don't get a satisfactory answer, I'll change position (hopefully floating over their heads), and direct the spell at anyone I didn't hit the first time and ask the same question again.

Once the spell succeeds, fails against everyone, or it seems like they've pinpointed my location and start attacking me, I'm gonna hightail it outta there.

Lemme know any rolls I need to make
Grillo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1081018)
HP: 62(12 tmp)/62(12 tmp)
Str: 11(9), Dex: 20, Con: 14, Int: 24(28), Wis: 12, Cha: 14
AC: 26, 20 Touch, 21 FF
Fort: 8, Ref:11, Will: 4
Init.: 11, Speed: 30' (60' Fly, good)
Bombs: 16(18)/16(18); Attack +16/+11; 5d6+10 (5' splash, DC 23 Ref 1/2)
Lv1: Bomber's Eye [ ]; True Strike [ ]; Reduce Person [ ]; Shield [X]; Comprehend Languages [X]
Lv2: False Life [X]; Invis [ ]; Spider Climb [ ]; Restoration (Lesser) [ ]; See Invis [ ]; Alchemical Allocation [ ]
Lv3: Gaseous Form [ ]; Haste [ ]; Fly [X]; Seek Thoughts [X]
Cognatogen: [X]
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (9 hrs); False Life (9 hrs); Cognatogen (90 min); Comprehend Languages (90 min);
Shield (9 min); Invisibility (9 min); Seek Thoughts (9 min)

Kallimakus
2015-02-09, 04:37 PM
Grillo rises off the ground, invisible, and flies through to the corridor. There is a low insistent murmur in his mind as he crosses the threshold. It sounds almost like communication, but Grillo's alchemical extract would certainly translate it for him were it so. His journey is undisturbed by traps, and he makes it to the corner. The corridor makes a sharp turn to the left and he progresses forward, alert for any trouble. Grillo flies off towards the room itself, when he notices something off. There are 5 humanoid creatures loitering in the room in his field pf vision. As he enters the room, he realizes with a stárt that two creatures are flanking the door, one on either side, waiting for someone to enter. Both are holding a polearm of some sort, with a barbed hook on the back of the blade. The room is some 60 feet By 80 feet, with one other exit straight ahead. Soon the quintet of guards stop looking inconspicious and start moving with a purpose. One speaks out in a harsh language that your potion allows you to understand:

"Where is the intruder"
"Didn't see any" another replies.

The creatures are humanoid and between five and 6 feet tall. They are dressed in ancient-looking leather armor, with small blades strapped at their belts. Two are also carrying bows and a quiverful of arrows. Grillo positions fimself so as to catch them all inside the cone of his Detect thoughts and asks the question. Immediately they respond with shock and scattered thoughts of because we are superior and They knew nothing can be sensed for a moment before their track of thought focuses again.

"Invisible, begin search." says the first speaker. He then switches to common tongue, broken by a gruff accent. "You would know our weakness? You are more fool than your approach lets on"

His thoughts, however, speak a greater deal. We are creatures of earth and fire is what sounds through Grillos' mind.
His comrades move methodically through the room, padding almost without sound on bare feet as they comb through the floor. Grillo picks up altitude as one approaches. He pauses for a moment near him before moving on.

The apparent leader is talking to you still:

"At least the earlier batch were not cowardly vermin like you. They had the courage to face us with cold steel, which is more than you ever could." he mocks.
Another thought makes itself known: The little bearded one managed a good slug on my head though, one of the searchers thinks.

They keep combing the area in seemingly random patterns. The insitent buzz at the back of your mind continues, though it is impossible to make out what exactly is it.

mote
2015-02-09, 08:05 PM
"Oh, we got plenty of steel, ugly! Don't you worry 'bout that!" Grillo shouts as he flies back down the corridor. "Earth and fire...what could he mean by that? And what was with that noise? Like a fly trapped in my skull."

Upon returning to the others, he shares his (slim) findings, including the presence of the two lying in ambush on either side of the door. "Perhaps we should take the chance to launch a surprise attack of our own? Take some positional advantage, eh?"

He gives whatever additional info he can muster about the nature of the creatures and the possible meaning behind their cryptic thoughts. He also suggests there may be some unseen presence empowering them.

Three questions, Kalli:

1.) Do I have any idea what types of creatures these are exactly? Do they look human? Grillo knows his zoology, if nothing else :smallwink:
Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1]

2.) What are the dimensions of the door, and where were the two ambushers standing in relation to it?

3.) Shot in the dark here: does anything I detect in the room or in their thoughts suggest the are under the influence of a spell or the products of a spell?
Spellcraft: [roll2]

ICN
2015-02-11, 03:44 AM
Ausk scratches at his chin, a speculative look on his face. "So what's their secret? Incorporeal? Or maybe it's got something to do with the buzzing. Think we could get them out of the room somehow?"

TomPliss
2015-02-11, 04:11 AM
"Well, they surely know about the traps, so I doubt that we would get them far away from the room.
Maybe there is a magical effect there, coming from an artifact that we could destroy, though."

Starbin
2015-02-11, 10:37 AM
Vailwae

The wayang listened carefully to Grillo's report, nodding to himself. "So they searched for you ... did they move their ambush? What ice and water spells does we have?" He was willing to take advantage of the situation, but Vailwae didn't want to reveal their advantage and NOT have the ability to defeat these foes. Additionally, if it were possible to circumvent the threat, they could save resources for later.

Nothing yet ...

mote
2015-02-11, 10:32 PM
Grillo looks at Vailwae and shrugs. "They might've moved, but at least we'll be ready for any surprises. And if you want my two cents, I say we head in there and take them on. Try and figure out what their deal is during the fight. We're not learning anything else sitting around here, and we can't sneak past 'em with all those traps in the corridor beyond."

Starbin
2015-02-13, 08:39 AM
Vailwae

The wayang nodded slowly, but it was not actually to Grillo, but himself. These pale-skins are quite hasty ... eager to jump in without understanding the situation. Very well ... Aloud, he shrugged slightly. "If they is sold on idea to press forward, then use your advantage to throw them off ... break the ambush, attack while they mills about."

First off, presuming Grillo hasn't dropped his spells, so recommendation is for him to get them spun up looking around, then have the main group attack. Of course, not sure what their weaknesses are, but if the group wants to figure it out on the fly, Vailwae will support them ... from the back :smallsmile:

Any KS checks V can make to know more about these things?

meemaas
2015-02-14, 07:44 PM
Helt

Helt waits quietly as they prepare for the attack, and once they move to attack, whispers a word of an ancient language, the likes of which the others could neither understand nor comprehend.

Wait for the party to be ready to strike, and use my War Cry Edict on Beast just before we go to engage.

Tzacotl check [roll0]

My check results in a +1 bonus to attack and damage to all of his attacks for five rounds after combat starts.

mote
2015-02-15, 09:21 AM
"You boys follow me up the corridor. I'll pop in there and scout their positions real quick while I'm still invisible. Then we can launch our attack."

Grillo flies back up the corridor into the chamber just through the door, hopefully undetected. He gets a look at where all the creatures are standing, and (once again, hopefully :smallwink:) flies back out to tell the others waiting.

Stealth (+4 Dex; +4 Size; +20 Invis while moving): [roll0]

HP: 62(12 tmp)/62(12 tmp)
Bombs: 16(18)/16(18); Attack +16/+11; 5d6+10 (5' splash, DC 23 Ref 1/2)
Lv1: Bomber's Eye [ ]; True Strike [ ]; Reduce Person [ ]; Shield [X]; Comprehend Languages [X]
Lv2: False Life [X]; Invis [ ]; Spider Climb [ ]; Restoration (Lesser) [ ]; See Invis [ ]; Alchemical Allocation [ ]
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (9 hrs); False Life (9 hrs); Cognatogen (90 min); Comprehend Languages (90 min);
Shield (9 min); Invisibility (9 min); Seek Thoughts (9 min)

Kallimakus
2015-02-16, 11:58 AM
Grillo's once again braves the corridor and manages without setting off any traps. As he approaches, the creature that issued ordeers last time lifts his gaze at the doorway, looking at him. Or rather, a it turns out, in the general direction of the corridor. He remains unable to percieve you, but speaks after a moment.

"It returns. Or is it a new one? Did you bring friends?"

It paces around in the room. You see that two creatures with polearms are again at ambush positions beside the doorway. The rest are picking themselves up around the room, their gear already at hand and ready for use. One of them is crouched over an aparratus of some kind. You recognize it as a fancy alchemical stove, albeit one that seems to give off no light. You can't recognize what he does exactly, other than that he seems to be grinding something into powder.

(Darkvision is strictly black&white, so determining what this one is doing means a longer period of observing it's actions to determine what exactly it is doing. Common sense would suggest a counter for invisibility.)

The rest seem to resume their patrol across the room at a signal from the leader, who keeps mocking the courage, onor and skill-at-arms of someone who won't dare show oneself and would rather hide away in the shadows.

Starbin
2015-02-18, 09:46 AM
Vailwae

With Grillo leading the way to scout the folks, Vailwae readied himself to move forward cautiously - best they be within easy supporting distance when the call to arms came. To the others, he whispered, "I has two potions that might help ... one makes one bigger, the other stronger. Any pale skins thirsty?" Once the group decided to move forward, he readied himself

Can offer up a bull's strength or enlarge person to a front-liner (or whoever wants it) ... or if there is something else in the extracts below someone would really like. Ready to press on ...
[roll0]
[roll1] +[roll2] =31

... and once we approach, do the rest of us notice this buzzing sound?

mote
2015-02-18, 08:59 PM
Grillo ignores the taunts. His extracts won't last much longer - it's now or never. He positions himself 10 feet in the air directly above the door and reaches into his cloak, pulling out three delicately wrapped bombs balanced between his fingers. He takes a deep breath and hurls them down at the ambushers next to the doorway, two at the one on the left and one at the one on the right.

As he attacks he yells out to the party in the corridor, "Ambushers by the door! I got 'em! Everyone attack!"

Throwing 3 bombs with Rapid Shot. 2 at the Ambusher on the left. 1 at the Ambusher on the right.

Attack(Left): [roll0] vs. Touch; [roll1] vs. Touch
Damage(Left): [roll2] (Blinding Bomb; DC 23 Fort or Blinded for 1 min); [roll3] (Blinding Bomb; DC 23 Fort or Blinded for 1 min)

Attack(Right): [roll4] vs. Touch
Damage(Right): [roll5] (Blinding Bomb; DC 23 Fort or Blinded for 1 min)

If a direct hit misses they take 16 splash damage (Half with a DC 23 Ref save)

HP: 62(+12)/62(+12)
Bombs: 16/18; Attack +16/+11; 5d6+10 (5' splash, DC 23 Ref 1/2)
Ongoing effects: Longstrider (8 hrs); False Life (9 hrs); Cognatogen (87 min); Comprehend Languages (4 min);
Shield (6 min); Invisibility (6 min); Seek Thoughts (6 min); Fly (6 min)

Kallimakus
2015-02-21, 09:04 AM
The group departs from the antechamber one by one, each warily stepping over the threshold. None notice the buzzing sound mentioned by Grillo. Once Helt crosses the threshold, his arcane sight picks up a nigh-imperceptible background magic. It seems to have some flavor of enchantment and transmutation to it. It has a very slow pulsing quality, like a wave emanating from straight ahead. It doesn't effect anyone that entered.

In good order, the group moves forward, avoiding the traps in the corridor. As they approach the corner, Helt picks up an emanating Abjuration effect from beyond the corner. The core of the spell is out of sight, but the spell is of low level.

Grillo tosses the trio of bombs, turning visible as he does so. The bombs all hit their marks and the two flanking the door are briefly obscured by smoke and fire. As the smoke clears, they are backing away, hands covering their eyes. Both appear little worse for wear, and aside from the lack of vision they seem quite fine. It turns out that "creatures of earth and fire" are unconcerned with the latter at least. The searching ones snap their heads at Grillo, snarling and revealing rather inhuman teeth. In his experience, human teeth weren't so great in number. Or that pointy. Two of them hastily nock arrows to their bows and let loose.

Left (enemy 1)
Fortitude 1
[roll0]
Fortitude 2
[roll1]

Right (enemy 2)
Fortitude
[roll2]

Enemy 3 (Shortbow)
[roll3] damage [roll4]
Enemy 4 (Shortbow)
[roll5] damage [roll6]

Starbin
2015-02-24, 12:34 PM
Vailwae

He could hear the taunts come from the door ahead, when suddenly three loud explosions echoed through the hallway, with Grillo appearing suddenly in front of them. Two arrows flew wide from the doorway, clearly sounding the call to arms. With an inward sigh, Vailwae waited for his better suited companions to engage first, following them quietly as he took aim with trusty bow. Once he saw the figures, things began to make sense, and he called out some warnings.

"Ware yourselves ... they be elementals ... fire and stone, but cold hurts them, yes? They may burrow ... and see through the stone ..."
So no takers on extracts ... Vailwae will slip forward with his bow drawn, but against immune guys, no point in attacking ... or even in sneaking at this point!

meemaas
2015-03-07, 08:19 PM
Helt

Helt turned the corner and carefully kept himself behind the others, uttering out a single complicated word, he'd extend his finger, pointing at one of the creatures, and a small beam of cold energy shot out towards it.

Move action: Get within range
Standard action: Frost Ray

Tzacotl check [roll0]
Ranged touch attack [roll1]

meemaas
2015-03-12, 06:36 PM
Magnus lurches in front of the others, drawing his two greatswords together as he takes a quick swing at the closest enemy with one of them.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kallimakus
2015-03-16, 03:05 PM
Helt and Magnus passed the corner an into the magical effect Helt had seen earlier. An alarm spell had been laid onto the corridor to warn the guardians of any intrusion. The blinding flash of Grillo's bombs left a figure lt starkly beyond the doorway, covering his eyes from the flash. Helt fired a ray from his extended finger but his aim was off. The more direct attack that charging Magnus unleashed was more accurate, biting deep into his shoulder, cutting through the cured leather of its armor.

It turned its head at Magnus, locking gazes.
"Going for the kill I see. I approve" it said, in nearly nonchalant tone for someone with a greatsword where his lung used to be. It's face twisted into a snarl as it bared a row of sharp teeth behind its oddly coloured lips. It bit down on Magnus, going for his throat, his fingers gathered intob talons as he stabbed them into the half-ogre.

Its kin cease their search pattern and focus on the new intruder. There is chatter about something and they are cleasrly avoiding showing themselves through the doorway. The two archers moveforther apart and release more arrows at Grillo. The two blinded creatures continue their retreat towards the corners of the room. They make their way there and remain, covering for now. The two remaining creatures move toward the flanks of Magnus.

Okay, I'm gonna make a map of this soon, but basically, the room is 80ft wide and 60 deep. Magnus is 15 feet into the room, his opponent just further in. The two flankers are adjacent to the door, a 5ft step away from Magnus, 15 feet between them. I assume Grillo is hovering in the vicinity of the doorway out of reach of melee attacks unless otherwise notified.

Boss full attacks (bite, 2 claws, rend[roll0][roll1][roll2] (natural attacks ignore metal armor)
Damage bite [roll3] claw [roll4], claw 2 [roll5], rend [roll6]
Archers [roll7] [roll8]
[roll9], damage[roll10]

meemaas
2015-03-16, 05:21 PM
Helt

Seeing the monster of a swordsman charge in, Helt calls out a word of power, the gun on his back floating upwards and turning itself on one of the monsters moving to flank Magnus, as it shoots itself twice towards the creature.

Used the Dancing Blade Edict, reducing the check by 6 to allow myself to use a ranged weapon, and another 6 to get my iterative attack.

Attack roll 1 [roll0] vs. touch AC
Damage [roll1]

Attack roll 2 [roll2] vs touch AC
Damage [roll3]

Magnus

Magnus brushes off the attacks like they were nothing and unleashes a flurry of powerful attacks with his highly oversized blades, wielding them as though they were a part of himself.

Full attack the boss

Attack roll 1 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Offhand roll 1 [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Attack roll 2 [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Offhand roll 2 [roll10]
Damage [roll11]