PDA

View Full Version : Still Silence on Future Publications?

randomodo
2015-01-07, 07:39 AM
Okay, perhaps this is on the WOTC site, but I can't get to that at present (it's blocked, because my sysadmins are like that).

Has there been any news at all on publication of any future books, campaign settings or adventures? I've seen the two book reboot of the Temple of Elemental Evil (which, honestly, other than having fond memories of playing T1 back in the day, didn't really excite me), but that's it.

eastmabl
2015-01-07, 11:50 AM
Okay, perhaps this is on the WOTC site, but I can't get to that at present (it's blocked, because my sysadmins are like that).

Has there been any news at all on publication of any future books, campaign settings or adventures? I've seen the two book reboot of the Temple of Elemental Evil (which, honestly, other than having fond memories of playing T1 back in the day, didn't really excite me), but that's it.

There's the Adventurers' Handbook and Elemental Princes books which have been announced for March 2015, but that's it. An OGL announcement is off somewhere in the distance of "early 2015," but I can't say that I'm all that surprised that we don't have an answer yet.

archaeo
2015-01-07, 12:26 PM
Seems reasonable to expect another major release this year, probably timed to come out around GenCon. And who knows; it's in WotC's best interest to not give a full accounting of their future plans.

Maxilian
2015-01-07, 02:38 PM
There's the Adventurers' Handbook and Elemental Princes books which have been announced for March 2015, but that's it. An OGL announcement is off somewhere in the distance of "early 2015," but I can't say that I'm all that surprised that we don't have an answer yet.

Yeah, we also have the cover picture of both

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2199-Covers-Preview-for-Elemental-Evil-Adventurer-s-Handbook-and-Princes-of-the-Apocalypse!#.VK19NdKG9qU

I'm really looking forward to check those books, but i can wait :)

silveralen
2015-01-07, 03:22 PM
Well, we know they are probably sticking to two adventure paths+player handbooks per year, unless the next couple just bomb or they get greedy.

Given that, I would assume we'd hear something about it after the march books release. It might actually release near gencon, with them unveiling something for late 2015/early 2016 there. That's just guesswork though.

We are also supposed to be getting information about the online magazines, or whatever they decide to replace them with, soon. I think someone mentioned early 2015 for when that would be discussed.

Maxilian
2015-01-08, 12:55 AM
We are also supposed to be getting information about the online magazines, or whatever they decide to replace them with, soon. I think someone mentioned early 2015 for when that would be discussed.

That makes me think, didn't they said that they plan on publishing the kenders and warforgers playable race in the "online magazine"? i wonder what else could they release there

silveralen
2015-01-08, 01:51 AM
That makes me think, didn't they said that they plan on publishing the kenders and warforgers playable race in the "online magazine"? i wonder what else could they release there

I think that was fan speculation, but I honestly can't remember. In fact, what I said might have been fan speculation. My memory is fuzzy and I can't find official sources.

randomodo
2015-01-08, 07:17 AM
It would be nice to get some campaign world sourcebooks. I haven't been a big fan of Forgotten Realms since the 1st/2nd Edition era, but a post-Sundering version could be interesting (plus, I simply woudln't include the annoying NPCs in my game, so that eliminates a lot of the friction in the game world).

I'd be surprised if we get a Planescape supplement, but the DMG had decent information already.

I've never played in Eberron.

Birthright was, even in 2e days, a niche product line; I don't reckon there's a snowball's chance in (one of the hot layers) of Hell that'll see the light of day again.

Person_Man
2015-01-08, 10:00 AM
Necromancer Games did a successful Kickstarter to publish some 5th edition supplements, which will be coming out this year at some point.

Feldarove
2015-01-08, 12:58 PM
Do we know anything about the adventurer's handbook?

In general, do we have any idea what future rulebooks will consist of?

Feats, classes, races, archetypes, backgrounds?

I feel like there is a lot of murmuring but I don't actually know what sort of tinkering is going on over there at WotC.

eastmabl
2015-01-08, 11:59 PM
Do we know anything about the adventurer's handbook?

In general, do we have any idea what future rulebooks will consist of?

Feats, classes, races, archetypes, backgrounds?

I feel like there is a lot of murmuring but I don't actually know what sort of tinkering is going on over there at WotC.

No, we don't have an idea- but then again, WotC isn't writing it. Sasquatch Studios is.