PDA

View Full Version : Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Vonriel
2007-04-05, 06:03 PM
((Timberwolf, I'm more a fan of this particular look
http://blogged.the-protagonist.net/images/puss-in-boots1.jpg))

Alarra
2007-04-05, 06:06 PM
Okay....you're forgiven....how could I resist the look?

Timberwolf
2007-04-05, 06:06 PM
((Damn it !!!!! When I find a lawyer, that cat is toast !! I'll sue the fur of its back, call it out and blow it's head off on Calais Sands, I'll horsewhip it publicly, I'll, I'll, I'll.... give it a stroke, its so sad and cute

Edit, thank you oh great forgiver of poor lost and did I mention lovable newbies))

blackout
2007-04-05, 06:31 PM
((*blows the cat's head off*BAD CUTE! :) ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-05, 06:50 PM
I stand by my philosophy of 'If it's cute, it's evil'.

However, because I consider my fiancee to be 'cute' when she's angry, it kinda becomes problematic.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-05, 10:25 PM
Day breaks, the citizens all meet in the dining room for a delicious breakfast of bacon and eggs. Their spirits are high, especially given the events of last night. Gnome Barbarian is served a huge portion of bacon. There is a plate of nice greasy bacon in gravy next to some dog treats for Nana. The breakfast goes wonderfully for a time, until someone points out that Nana hasn't touched her food. The room goes quiet and the vet scurries off to find the lovable pooch.

30 seconds later, a agonized wail is heard. They rush to Nana's room, but the vet has closed and locked the door. He says he doesn't want the children to see it, but he holds out a note that was left. The lower right side of the paper is soaked in crimson.

My last gift to my fellow pirates before leaving
Never Never Land awaits inside....

-- Yours truly, Smee

Helgraf, A.K.A. Nana. aka the baner was killed last night. Day begins. It ends at 11PM on Saturday, April 7th. Not sure about Alarra, but Atreyu will be at home for Easter, so his update may be irregular. Indurain is still suffering computer issues.

Please note that we will answer Search checks as we can.
(On a personal note, you shocking pirates killed my favorite character of that whole movie.)

Kyrian
2007-04-05, 10:27 PM
SON OF A b****!!!

Vonriel
2007-04-05, 10:54 PM
Vonriel comes to the door, but stops when he sees the note. ..Damn. They.. damn. I think it's safe to say we're in trouble.. He looks around at everyone nearby, hangs his head, and slumps off.

Akaziel
2007-04-05, 11:29 PM
Akaziel groans and holds his aching head. "I shouldn't have had that rum last night... Oh man... I think I'm gonna puke..." He staggers over to the door and reads the note. "Another victim.... damn..." His stomach starts to growl, but he takes a deep breath and tries to find any clues in hallway A, but his head still continues to hurt.

[roll0]

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-05, 11:31 PM
((Damn... one of the most important people killed this early... :smalleek:))

*DLD looks concerned to see the note*

Tigerlilly's days are numbered...

*DLD turns to Gnome Barbarian*

Did you see anything useful last night? I will search hallway C again.

[roll0]

blackout
2007-04-05, 11:45 PM
Oh, GREATER-GOOD-DAMMIT! We lost the dog! THE DOG! GAAAAAAH! We're dropping like flies! That's it! There's one way, and one way only, to make sure the pirates die! KILL EVERYONE ON THE SHIP! *DUN DUN DUN!*

Helgraf
2007-04-06, 12:22 AM
((Twice in one bloody night?!

Damn, I must be scaring people. I get it here and in WC III in the same freakin night!

Well, I guess this frees up more time for the other games I'll be in.

I gotta admit to being curious - when it's all over I want to know if you went for me because you'd somehow figured out my role, or if that was just a bonus to find out. Cause I'm 99.44% sure the Smee didn't scry me the first night. Or you could PM the answer to me - I'm dead now so I can't contribute anyway.

Also, I knew I should have been a selfish sob and protected myself, but nooo ... I didn't want another WW VI ... so I had to go and be all noble and protect someone else. BAH))

Calamity
2007-04-06, 04:47 AM
How could they do such a terrible thing to a dog!?

*Calamity tries to shift those thoughts out of his head while searching Hallway A* [roll0]

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-04-06, 05:38 AM
"Poor Nana!" El Jaspero hangs his head. "Wait a minute...poor us!"

After scarfing down a quick breakfast he heads off to search Hallway B.

2007-04-06, 05:40 AM
Bah, I forgot the roll: [roll0]

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-06, 05:59 AM
I should have been a selfish sob and protected myself ((That's how I screwed up and got the Seer killed in WW IV :smallbiggrin:

But that was the second-last night of the game, so it didn't matter as much

And I like to justify it by pointing out who wrote my death scene in WWC I :smallamused:))

Timberwolf
2007-04-06, 06:05 AM
((Just out of curiosity because I wasn't there, what happened in WW VI ?))

Moonshadow nods sadly in agreement with Calamity and heads out to search hallway D

[roll0]

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-06, 07:24 AM
First children, now dogs? These pirates don't deserve to be called human.

Vonriel, I think it's time you told me that secret. Whisper it to me if you must, but I need to know now.

Kyrian
2007-04-06, 07:50 AM
((Starting later today, I Won't be on until Sunday (I believe).))

Kyrian searches Hallway A

[roll0]

((EDIT: Oh yay....I found out there are rooms...))

pendell
2007-04-06, 07:54 AM
Pendell points at Pendell

Yah, yah, I know. But everyone knows the week this is right? I won't have time for this until Monday. Besides, having just pondered the whole 'crucify him' thing, I just don't have it in my to lynch someone today, of all days.

Well, THAT was an unfortunate turn of events.

*Works his Thumb again, it still doesn't work*

Dang.

Well, Gnome_Barbarian will probably be dead by next game day. So anything you see or know, better spill it now.

I also want to propose a really cynical idea.

I think it 90% likely at this point that Gnome_Barbarian is the seer. But I want to propose another possible solution.

It's possible that Gnome_Barbarian is a pirate, that they deliberately sacrificed the Smee to give him credibility, that he then talked the masons and the Baner into PMing him, and ...

... and that's how the pirates knew who the Baner was.

I'm not saying this is CERTAIN. I don't believe it's even likely. But it IS possible. Just bear it in the back of your mind.

If Gnome_Barbarian doesn't die a horrible death in the next few days, it may be a theory to re-visit. But I don't think anyone should act on it now.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-06, 08:00 AM
Ikari grumbles and searches his hallway, A, before going into his room. He leaves the door open, wordlessly inviting anyone in.

[roll0]

((EDIT: Finally, something higher than 2! :P ))

Tormsskull
2007-04-06, 08:04 AM
((Just out of curiosity because I wasn't there, what happened in WW VI ?))

((VI is the one running now right? In that one the paladins (bad guys) found the seer (who is actually called the devil in that version) and tried to smite him (eat him). The Seer, who had already discovered the baner (called the beast) was protected and thus the attack was stopped.

On the very next round the paladins attacked the seer again and the baner was not protecting him, and thus he died. This made most of us think that the baner had fallen asleep at the keyboard and forgot to send in his protection message to the narrator. But then someone said something about the baner did send in a protection message, just that it was for someone other than the seer. I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure.))

Tormsskull looks about, hoping someone has a good idea of who these pirates are and who should be forced to walk the plank next. He then searches Hallway B ([roll0]).

Joosbawx
2007-04-06, 08:27 AM
((EDIT: Oh yay....I found out there are rooms...))

(( Yes, but you didn't notice the stairs. *thunka*thunka*thunka*thunka*thunka*THUNK!* ))

Joosbawx goes from breakfast to the scene of the crime, immediately wishing he hadn't. Running up the stairs for some air, he visits the side of the ship before turning around and wiping his mouth. Slumping to the deck and leaning against the rail he considers the possibilites and behavior of the other passengers. Standing up, he goes back below decks and checks out his own Hallway C ([roll0]) while he tries to make a decision.

(( Oh no! There are stairs on this hallway, too! *thunka*thunka*thunka*thunka*thunka*THUNK!* ...groan... ))

Kyrian
2007-04-06, 08:33 AM
((Hey there Joosbawx...how'd you end up here too?))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-06, 08:56 AM
"Wow, Im dead tonight. If the lost boys could get a hold of me I have a list of trusted people including the possible fool and 4 others."

Supagoof
2007-04-06, 09:09 AM
((Baners can't protect everyone. It just goes to prove that even with the seer coming out and the baner hidden - not a fool-proof way for the passengers to win.

That's why I bear no ill will to the baner in WW6.))

Suparufio skates into breakfast. Finding out that Nana's gone, he starts uncontrolably crying.

First m-m-m-michael....n-n-n-now our dog. Nana didn't even want to come here. *sob* N-n-nana w-w-was such a good puppy. Why didn't we j-j-just stay in bed t-that night. *sob*

After stuttering through the tears, Suparufio runs out to find a corner to be alone in his thoughts for awhile. He finds a place in hallway G. And after checking it to be clear, he sits into a corner with his arms around knees, staring off into space.

[roll0] to search hallway G.

Joosbawx
2007-04-06, 09:10 AM
((Hey there Joosbawx...how'd you end up here too?))

(( too busy making a smart remark to watch where I was going, I guess. =) ))

pendell
2007-04-06, 11:09 AM
Oh, I 1d20 search corridor B.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

pendell
2007-04-06, 11:11 AM
Curses!
[roll0]

Somewhat puzzled,

Brian P.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-06, 11:58 AM
I'll have limited access over the holiday, so here's a point...

Raldor points at Joosbawx

((Just need somebody to point at and no time to research))

blackout
2007-04-06, 12:23 PM
Nukular searches Hallway C in an attempt to find out more about who was behind Nana's death.

[roll0]

(....Oh, yeah. That...that's just...yeah.)

Joosbawx
2007-04-06, 12:28 PM
"Me?!? A Pirate!!! ...... I am not a pirate, or associated with pirates. However, I don't have anyone to turn you toward either. I have [I]light suspicion of Akaziel, but nothing particularly solid to back it up. So I point out of necessity."

Joosbawx, almost reluctantly, point to Akaziel.

Shadow
2007-04-06, 12:44 PM
((VI is the one running now right? In that one the paladins (bad guys) found the seer (who is actually called the devil in that version) and tried to smite him (eat him). The Seer, who had already discovered the baner (called the beast) was protected and thus the attack was stopped.

On the very next round the paladins attacked the seer again and the baner was not protecting him, and thus he died. This made most of us think that the baner had fallen asleep at the keyboard and forgot to send in his protection message to the narrator. But then someone said something about the baner did send in a protection message, just that it was for someone other than the seer. I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure.))

Tormsskull looks about, hoping someone has a good idea of who these pirates are and who should be forced to walk the plank next. He then searches Hallway B ([roll0]).

The ghost of Smee passes by and whispers "That's how I knew it was pretty much a DEAD lock. Pun intended.
I'll see you this evening, Gnome."

B-Man
2007-04-06, 12:45 PM
B-Man dons his sleuthing coat, a mug o' coffee and searches [roll0].

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-06, 12:50 PM
Ikari points at Vonriel.

I'll keep throwing your name out there like this if you don't tell me what you told the gnome.

HyramGraff
2007-04-06, 12:59 PM
Hyram Graff is horrified at the thought of having pirates still on board. After breakfast he carefully inspects his own hallway [roll0] to make sure that there aren't any pirates in it.

After finishing his search Hyram expects to find the others in a sea of fingers being pointed around the room. Finding naught but a puddle he asks, "Does no one among us have any clues as to who the pirates aboard this ship are?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-06, 05:59 PM
(All the search check PM's have been sent out. If you did not receive a PM it is because you rolled too low or there was nothing to see.)

(Since I'm going home for the weekend, with little internet access, all search checks must be done by Alarra or Indurain, and they are both busy in RL. So please be patient.)

Vonriel
2007-04-06, 07:03 PM
((Gah! I knew I should've rolled earlier before I got distracted..))

Vonriel turns, looking at Cobra. You want to know the real reason? Sit down, because it's gonna be fun. I'm the real seer. I contacted the Barbarian the first day because I had scried him the first night, knowing him to be trustworthy. That night, I scried Smee, and both the Barbarian and I knew we needed to get rid of him. Our plan was to have him come forward, and finger Smee in place of me. I didn't expect him to act the part of the seer, so I overreacted when I heard it, and that's why I said what I did that second day. What? I never claimed to be a smart seer.. I may have heard the stories of the werewolf attacks, and that other cruise where pirates took over, but this? This is real. And I wasn't expecting it. So now you know. You may be wondering.. why come forward? Why not let him take the fall for it? Well, I'm looking at a dilemma. My actions that second day were very suspect, I'll admit. Unfortunately, I now have three different people who are ready to toss me over, and it's not that hard to start a bandwagon. Look what happened to poor Inky that first day. So I'm looking at the possibility of having you three start something up against me, and nothing I can say other than this will excuse the fact. Of course, now that I've stepped forward, it looks like I'm on the chopping block for tonight. At least I might get a chance to scry another person and send the results to someone I trust before I die. Too bad Helgraf died, I could really use his protection... By this point, Vonriel can barely keep his head up, knowing full well that the pirates are coming for him tonight. He walks off, to start his half-hearted search down Hallway D ([roll0]). His mind is wandering, contemplating all the different horrors that Hook and his crew have in store for him, yet he does his best to stay focused on any clues that might be revealed.

blackout
2007-04-06, 10:34 PM
Nukular points at Hyram Graff. Graff hasn't really done anything. He has been staying in the back.(and he's posted very few times on the thread. Not much but it's possible.) Far as I can tell, that's just a LITTLE suspicious. Possibly a pirate, but because I have no one else with a definitive confirmation of being a pirate, and we don't really know what he is, he is suspect in my eyes.

Lord Magtok
2007-04-06, 10:41 PM
Magtok checks hallway A. d20

I think blackout has a good point.

*Points at Hyram Graf*

Edit: ((What did I do wrong with the roll thingy?))

Madmal
2007-04-06, 10:44 PM
((i think it was supposed to be "1d20"...))

Akaziel
2007-04-06, 11:32 PM
"Wh-what? Joosbawx, you've gotta be kidding.. I swear I'm not a pirate..." Akaziel is shocked that he has already been pointed at. "If I am already under suspicion... must I suspect others before proving my innocence? But... why do I see other candidates of being one of Hook's men?"

Akaziel points at Hyram Graff.

"I don't know... I just don't have any clues..."

(If people begin to suspect me from the first accusation, don't forget, I was on vacation and computer access was very, very limited. Oh, and a screenshot (http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/akaziel/proof.png) taken a few minutes ago.)

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-07, 03:25 AM
Well, I haven't been able to come up with anything myself, and blackout makes sense.

*point at Hyram Graff*

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-07, 09:41 AM
Looks around at everyone... smiles at the deception that he and vonriel set up.

"What can I say Im a mast illusionist."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Hyram Graff

Ceika
2007-04-07, 09:46 AM
Ceika looks around at the accusers.

I don't know... I dislike bandwagons, especially when they're using flimsy logic at best. Then again, I don't have much else to go on myself. I still am highly suspicious of you Vonriel... but if what you say is true, I won't have to worry about the suspicions for long, I suppose. Odd-looking patsy you make, Gnome. 'Specially in that dress. For the sake of outing the true seer, I'll go along with it for now... though you loose credit for that pun, Gnome. *Ceika point at Hyram Graff*

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:30 AM
I talked with Hyram, and he swore to me he was a passenger. In fact, I believe this is his first cruise ever. For that, I can't bring myself to point at him...

Ikari points at Blackout.

You, however, have pointed at people we have known we can trust. Therefore, my suspicions fall on you.

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:36 AM
((Trying to roll again. [roll0]))

2007-04-07, 10:50 AM
El Japsero stands at the lunch buffet, sipping a glass of grog.

"I too dislike bandwagons, especially on nothing more than random suspicions. Somtimes people don't do much because they're busy, after all. I'm not ruling out the possibility that Hyramgraff is a pirate, I'd just like to hear more...but I'd also like to hear from Hyramgraff himself."

Ceika
2007-04-07, 10:54 AM
Ceika keeps her ears open for additional arguments, but heads below after a little while to try searching hallway H [roll0] for piratical evidence

Goblin Music
2007-04-07, 10:58 AM
searches hallway E [roll0] and points at Hyram Graff

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-07, 11:14 AM
The girl with the feathered cloak carefully searches hallway D [roll0]
before pointing at Akaziel. Third to jump on a bandwagon! You must be a pirate!

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 11:22 AM
((Okay...now I can't find it, but I'm certain Blackout used to have a vote up for GB after he was confirmed as a seer or proxy. But because it isn't there, I'm gonna change my vote for lack of evidence.))

Ceika
2007-04-07, 11:22 AM
((I remember that too, Cobra... ))

blackout
2007-04-07, 11:45 AM
( :smallconfused: Pardon?)

Ceika
2007-04-07, 11:57 AM
((shortly after Smee was killed, you pointed at Gnome Barbarian, claiming him to be a pirate, but it was night and not time to point. This occurred in post #215. I know this because I quoted you on it within a few minutes of you posting -- for reference, see post #217--You then edited your post 20 minutes later saying you were itching to point, removing evidence you pointed at Gnome Barbarian at all... but my quote of you, and inky's telling you it was night (#216) still exist. I'm fairly certain that's what Cobra was referring to.))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 12:05 PM
((Aye, that it was. Made me very uncomfortable around you, Blackout. I'm putting my vote back up, since it wasn't just a figment of my imagination. My thanks, Ceika.))

Ceika
2007-04-07, 12:06 PM
((No problem... it made me quite leery as well, which is why I made sure to quote it in my post... hehe, evidence!))

blackout
2007-04-07, 12:07 PM
((OK, three things. One, I ALWAYS forget what's what and who's who in these types of games. I MEANT to point at Vonriel. Two, I forgot it was night. Three, come on! We just got their seer for cryin out loud! Better keep hittin' em before they get the chance to coordinate their efforts properly.))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 12:11 PM
((I'm still pointing at you. Those aren't good excuses, and I don't care at all when you pointed, just who you pointed at. I'm very suspicious of your actions. That's all I'm saying.))

2007-04-07, 12:13 PM
((Me so confused!))

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 12:18 PM
((Me so confused!))

((Same here. We're allowed to alter our pointing, right? If so, then...))

*Magtok points at blackout.*

Sorry, but they've got some good reasons there. Also, the "croc thingy" may not have been an accident, now that I think about it. And no, I'm not going to explain what the "croc thingy" was.

HyramGraff
2007-04-07, 12:45 PM
"Fingers are pointed at me? My felow passengers I must agree with Cobra Ikari. This is my first voyage ((or any WW type game)) and I have sopken with him. I will join the rest in pointing at blackout as he has best argument against him I've seen yet (excepting Shadow of course).

If Gnome Barbarian has seen another pirate then I am perfectly willing to change my vote."

blackout
2007-04-07, 12:48 PM
((Never said it was a good excuse. Just the truth. :P And magtok, your suspicion is going to be well-rewarded eventually. You'd be good in SPecial FOrces, or something.))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-07, 12:51 PM
"Unfortunatly Vonriel didn't get a pirate scry last night. So I do not have another pirate."

blackout
2007-04-07, 12:57 PM
Well, I am NOT a pirate. Don't believe me? If you don't, ask the kitten(Castaras), or even gnome barbarian. They'll vouch for me.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-07, 01:01 PM
"Yes I will vouche for blackout. He is part of the Gnome Barbarian/Vonreil team. 11 members and strong thanks to the excellent scrying of our seer."

blackout
2007-04-07, 01:03 PM
THANK you! What more proof do ya need? Perhaps you need to see the back of my neck for some kind of tattoo? Or maybe I need to complete some sort of ritual to be considered 'non-pirate?'

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 01:14 PM
((And Magtok, your suspicion is going to be well-rewarded eventually. You'd be good in SPecial FOrces, or something.))

((Me? Special Forces? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_forces) Nah. I'm the kind of paranoid megalomaniac they send guys like that to dispose of. Oh, and "Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness." (http://www.donath.org/Quotes/Paranoia/) :smallbiggrin: ))

Edit: Wait...gnome is the seer, right? Gah...now I don't know where to point!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-07, 01:20 PM
((Your half right magtok. I was posing as the seer for Vonreil. But people were pointing at him so he needed to get the heat off of him in order to not get lynched.))

blackout
2007-04-07, 01:21 PM
Still, what more evidence do ya need?

(Well...<_< >_> What about Secret Service? FBI? CIA?...Spy?)

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-07, 01:24 PM
(( We need Vonreil to scry tonight cuz we think we have a wolf. We jsut want to make sure of it.))

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 01:27 PM
((I'm still at a loss for where to point.

Hmm...I strongly dislike that EVILite Raistlin, and since he's on vacation and everyone else is going to want to avoid bandwagoning someone who can't do anything about it...))

*Magtok points at Raistlin1040.*

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 01:31 PM
Well, if the party of the seer will vouch for him...

Ikari is confused as all hells. He begins to lower his finger, but then swings around to point at Gnome Barbarian.

So...why did he point at someone in his party? If you can explain that one to me, I'll gladly follow you. If not, the only explanation I can think of involves a pirate killing his own to gain a position of respect.

blackout
2007-04-07, 01:32 PM
*continues pointing at Graff* I still stand by my previous statement. I observed the last Pirates game, and I figured that the pirates might try some of the same tricks from last time. Ergo, Graff is under suspicion.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 01:41 PM
Actually, in thinking, I'm way more suspicious of Blackout than I am of you, Barbarian. And unlike with Vonriel, I can't get an explanation out of you by threatening you...no one would follow me, and I won't throw you off on just my suspicions.

Ikari points at Blackout. He then walks to the side of the boat, kneels, and begins carving something into the deck.

blackout
2007-04-07, 01:46 PM
Dude, the party of the Seer's already vouched for me, and Gnome-barb never pointed at ME. If you are still pointing at me, there is a decent chance you could be a pirate that is trying to get rid of someone in an attempt to further the pirate's plans before you get lynched(lets face it, chances are both me and Ikari will get lynched before the game's done.), but I'm more suspicious of Graff. Therefore, I won't point at you. YET.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 02:14 PM
I assure you, I am not a pirate. Here's why I'm still pointing at you.

You voted for a near-confirmed seer or his proxy immediately after his sucess.
You tried to make it appear that it never happened.
You played dumb when some of us tried to remember when it happened.
You gave unrelated arguments to support yourself.
You blamed it on "catch 'em all" fever, which seems like an attempt to infect us with it.
You got people to vouch for you, which does not clear you in my eyes. It just makes all of them appear suspicious, too.
You called me a pirate in an attempt to cast doubt on my arguments.

I have not lived this long by being stupid, Blackout. My land is a wartorn one filled with backstabbers and betrayers. I am willing to trust someone who has given no reason for me to doubt them. That's why I'm willing to take Hyram's back in an argument. You, however, have given me no conclusive evidence, just weak arguments and attempts to change the conversation. I'm not interested in starting a bandwagon. To tell the truth, I'm not interested in throwing you overboard. What I am interested in is making sure that from now on, you don't throw accusations around as if they were water. What I am interested in is making sure that the next time you accuse someone, it doesn't start a bandwagon of people, because there'll be suspicion on who you vote for without reasoning. And that is why I will not remove my vote against you for the rest of this day.

Unless you'd like to add more non sequiturs and attempts to cover your tracks? I've given up hope on you actually providing legitimate evidence in your favor.

He goes back to carving on the deck.

blackout
2007-04-07, 02:37 PM
Feel free to believe what you want, man. I just KNOW two things right now. ONE, I'm not a pirate. TWO, everyone ELSE is a POTENTIAL pirate. I'm just going down the metaphorical list.

Mr. Moon
2007-04-07, 02:42 PM
((I'm in a lazy mood, and really don't feel like reading three pages of fluff, so...))

Zidane points at Blackout.

blackout
2007-04-07, 02:46 PM
Oh, come on! You don't even HAVE a reason to point at me!

Mr. Moon
2007-04-07, 02:51 PM
"Not really. I'm just as confused as you are." Zidane shrugs. "But everyone else is, so it seems like a logical choice."

blackout
2007-04-07, 02:56 PM
...This is just not my day.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 03:00 PM
The kitten purrs, listening to the arguements, not really understanding what the frack is going on.

Which is just about how its player feels at the moment.

But it got mentioned a while ago, and trots over, wondering if someone was going to feed it.

blackout
2007-04-07, 03:03 PM
Hey, kitten, I'll give ya an extra helping of cat food in your bowl if ya tell me whether or not you think I'm a pirate. Whatever you say doesn't effect the extra-helping bit. You get more food either way.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 03:04 PM
Mrrp?

The kitten sniffs Blackout carefully, stalking round him, inspecting him very very carefully. After a while, its tail stops twitching, and it begins to purr loudly.

Alarra
2007-04-07, 03:05 PM
For those of you that don't read the first page, the votes are currently as follows:

Hyram Graff: 6 votes
akaziel
Blackout
Ceika
DarkLightDragon
Gnome Barbarian
Goblin Music

Blackout: 3 votes
Cobra Ikari
HyramGraff
Moon Called

Akaziel: 2 votes
Joosbawx
Cult_of_the_Raven

Pendell: 1 vote
Pendell

Joosbawx: 1 vote
Raldor

Raistlin: 1 vote
Lord Magtok

Has Not Voted: 20
B-man
Calamity
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
El Jaspero
Eldritch Knight
Fredricus
Gezina
Krursk
Kyrian
Malmagor Andrigal
Miatog
Pingcode20
Raistlin1040
Selrahc
Supagoof
Timberwolf
Tormsskull
Vespe Ratavo
Vonriel

blackout
2007-04-07, 03:07 PM
...Anyone speak cat?

Castaras
2007-04-07, 03:09 PM
...Anyone speak cat?

Miaow!

The kitten purrs loudly, chest puffed up.

It then decides to point at Cobra Ikari, still extremely confused by the hundreds of arguements, yet not wanting to be near to autolynch.

blackout
2007-04-07, 03:39 PM
I'm assuming the cat's on my side.

Calamity
2007-04-07, 03:42 PM
I have my suspicions of pendell, and in the confusion of this all I'm going to point at pendell

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-07, 03:52 PM
*points at Hyram* for fear of the dreaded gazebo autolynch.

blackout
2007-04-07, 04:02 PM
Oh, yeah. Food. *arms cat-food gun* Open wide!

Supagoof
2007-04-07, 04:07 PM
Suparufiio comes skating by, and without saying a word, he points at Pendell.

((Sorry for such a short post, just stopping by quickly to point.))

pingcode20
2007-04-07, 05:13 PM
Pingcode Points at Hyram, and searching Hallway F [roll0]

"I'm the Seer and so's my wife!"

HyramGraff
2007-04-07, 05:23 PM
"Thank you, Gnome Barbarian, for your endorsement of blackout." Hyram Graff stops pointing at blackout.

"However since I need to point at someone to avoid being autolynched I will point at [roll0] Raldor.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 05:37 PM
You know what's funny? As I've said, I'm really not concerned with lynching Blackout as I am stopping his pointing pattern. But I'm the only person who offered any evidence for why I'm pointing like this. Everyone else just has "I'm suspicious of _____" or " _____ is quiet" or "I just don't like _____". Come on, are you all mindless bandwagon jumpers, people? Does no one else have any concrete reasons to suspect anyone? What's wrong with you?!

He throws the knife he was carving with into the deck and storms off.

blackout
2007-04-07, 05:43 PM
...What's his problem?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-07, 06:43 PM
Meh. He's probably tired.

blackout
2007-04-07, 07:05 PM
...When'd you get back?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-07, 07:11 PM
I didn't post?

Raistlin1040
2007-04-07, 07:16 PM
Raistlin points at Cobra Ikari.

blackout
2007-04-07, 07:20 PM
...Nevermind, just...yeah...you kinda scare me, especially when you just appear outta nowhere.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-07, 07:25 PM
the girl in the feathered cloak turns around, interested. Why do I scare you? Is there something I'm not being told?

blackout
2007-04-07, 07:35 PM
It's just creepy's all.

Timberwolf
2007-04-07, 09:13 PM
((runs in wearing fancy suit with wedding speech poking out of back pocket, I'm here, don't lynch me because I've been quiet all day...))

points at Blackout for exactly the same reasons as the Zidane only I read the 3 pages.

blackout
2007-04-07, 09:20 PM
......Yeah, y'now what, i'm just gonna..go over here, an' be quiet..

B-Man
2007-04-07, 09:29 PM
* B-Man points to himself.

Akaziel
2007-04-07, 09:53 PM
"I'm already being pointed at because of what? Because I saw blackout's point? True, it may be a bandwagon, but I have no hints, and I couldn't find anything. So who do you expect me to point at?" Upset, Akaziel walks off and leans against a wall, watching any further events. "Oh, and before more people suspect me, haven't I already shown you my ticket?"

(If you didn't see it, the ticket is here) (http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/akaziel/proof.png)

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:02 PM
Ikari walks on deck, looking tired, angry, hopeful, and a little nervous.

You fools are so hopeless...there's no way you could catch a pirate...you haven't looked twice at the one standing in front of you this whole time!

My crew'd cut you to shreds, no problem.

Alarra
2007-04-07, 10:06 PM
Accusations fly around all day as you suspect first one person and then another of being a pirate, and even one and another of being a princess, before it is finally decided that someone is going overboard. Those gathered against HyramGraff are the most vocal, and begin to circle around him, herding him toward the plank. Before you even realize what's going on, he has a cutlass out and is swinging it at the rest of the passengers and cackling maniacally. B-Man doesn't even have time to flinch as the blade slices through his torso, but the rest of you manage to jump out of the way quickly. He stands against the railing, brandishing his blade, laughing at the fact that you all fear to come near him, until a lucky rock hurled from the back of the crowd, takes him in the forehead and flips his body backwards over the railing. You all cheer wildly. That'll teach em' for killing poor, cute, fluffy, Nana....

(HyramGraff a pirate was killed. B-Man a passenger was killed (dropped out due to time issues))

Night Begins. Ends 24 hours from now. 11pm Sunday, April 8th.
HAPPY EASTER!

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:09 PM
Wait...where'd my pet rock go? :smallconfused:

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:10 PM
Hyram was a pirate?

...and to think, I just tried confessing to be one to save his life...I told him I'd make sure he was safe, this being his first cruise...

...damn it. It was all a lie?

Ikari slams his fist on the rail and sinks to the ground, distraught.

blackout
2007-04-07, 10:21 PM
I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! I FREAKIN' TOLD YOU! I WAS RIGHT!

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:38 PM
But where did my rock go? Seriously people, this pirate-catching thing is great and all, but my rock's missing! It was right here a minute ago!

blackout
2007-04-07, 10:42 PM
Maybe it was taken by the same guy that stole my rifle...WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND! >:(

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:43 PM
You shut up. You shut the hell up. You told me? No, you just ran around bandwagoning and making bad excuses. I don't want anything to do with you. Get the hell out of here.

He looks up, glaring. A few tears fall from his eyes.

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:45 PM
You shut up. You shut the hell up. You told me? No, you just ran around bandwagoning and making bad excuses. I don't want anything to do with you. Get the hell out of here.

He looks up, glaring. A few tears fall from his eyes (due to losing his bestest buddy in the whole world).

((I made an edit to the end for ya. :smallbiggrin: ))

blackout
2007-04-07, 10:47 PM
Look, pal. I feel for ya, really I do. Y'know what? I really don't think your a pirate. But Graff had to go. Trust me. The results would have been WAY worse if you, say, threw ME overboard. I'm not a pirate. Graff was. End of story. Now, I'm getting some sleep.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:47 PM
((Oh, hush, Magtok. My character doesn't take being betrayed very well. :P

Don't take it too seriously, though, Blackout. I just like rolling with a character's emotions. :) ))

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:50 PM
*Magtok wanders around the railing, until a certain rock is found.*

Yay! I found it! Eww...someone spilled red paint on it!

blackout
2007-04-07, 10:50 PM
((Not taking it seriously...but really, it's my first game. I'm also naturally kind of clumsy, uncoordinated, and don't always pay attention, hence earlier accusations and so on. :) So, really, no harm, no foul. ))

Lord Magtok
2007-04-07, 10:53 PM
Magtok wanders back to his room to wash the rock off, still wondering who stole it, and got it all red and wet.

((If I die tonight pirates, please spare the poor rock.))

blackout
2007-04-07, 10:55 PM
....Oh, so he finds his rock, and I don't get my rifle back. HOW IS THAT JUSTICE?!

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-07, 10:58 PM
Ikari throws a dagger across the deck. It becomes embedded in a sign that reads "No Firearms Onboard. Such Weapons Will Be Disintegrated. Thank You!"

Does that answer your question?

He gets up, grabs the knife he left in the floor, and resumes his carving.

blackout
2007-04-07, 11:01 PM
....Well. Great. There goes my grand-dad's pulse rifle...FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC! *mutters*

Vonriel
2007-04-07, 11:56 PM
Vonriel looks on while they toss Hyram overboard. Huh.. looks like he really was a pirate.. He returns to his own bedroom for the night.

pingcode20
2007-04-08, 04:59 AM
"Is it really a firearm, though? Fire really has nothing to do with pulse rifles..." ponders Pingcode, looking at the sign-with-a-knife-hole-in-it.

Pingcode leaves to grab a couple of buckets of paint and some brushes. Within five minutes, the sign now reads:

No Firearms Pirates Onboard. Such Weapons Individuals Will Be Disintegrated. Thank You!

Akaziel
2007-04-08, 05:17 AM
"Well, I just hope that shows everyone that jumping on the bandwagon is not cause for suspicion. I'll be in my room to celebrate." Akaziel goes to his room and slams the door shut. "If anyone needs me, just knock!" he yells, as he pulls out a dart board and nails it to the wall.

Ceika
2007-04-08, 08:22 AM
Ceika cheers as they are rid of another pirate. Good call, guys! Good call indeed! Here's to hoping... well, here's to hoping we life out the night. Sleep well, guys. And good luck.

With a nervous glance over her shoulder, she heads below to get some sleep.

((oh, and blackout, I didn't realize it was your first game... my bad. Your quote was suspicious, but I have trouble keeping people straight too, so I understand.))

2007-04-08, 09:02 AM
El Jaspero nods, sipping his grog. "Two pirates dead, a good start. If we can keep up this pace we'll be safe in just a few days!"

Goblin Music
2007-04-08, 09:03 AM
Weeeeeeee *runs of to cabin*

Alarra
2007-04-08, 09:07 AM
Okay, guys....just for future reference, posting your ticket to prove your innocence is not really allowed or fair.

Akaziel
2007-04-08, 09:14 AM
Various knocking noises can be heard outside of Akaziel's room, as he assembles the dart board for a rousing game of darts. "There," he says, "now for the finishing touches." He takes out an old cutout of Hook from the fables and storybooks about him, and nails it to the bullseye. Akaziel takes aim, and throws the dart. It hits. "Yes! Now, I'm finished..." he sighs. This time, he grabs a handful of stones and throws them at the Pirate Captain's image, while shouting, "Ha! Ha! Take that! That'll show you, and your slimy dogs... that'll show you for killing the dog... Woo, I'm all riled up... better go to sleep now..." Akaziel falls down on his bed, dreaming of Hook's eventual lynching...

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-08, 09:42 AM
Does a little gnomish indian girl jig.

"Hopefully tonight me and Vonriel can deduce another pirate."

blackout
2007-04-08, 11:21 AM
((Meh. :) ))

You better. The more we get rid of, the less we have to deal with in the long run!

Selrahc
2007-04-08, 12:01 PM
Does a little gnomish indian girl jig.

"Hopefully tonight me and Vonriel can deduce another pirate."

See I'm doubting that. With the demise of the dog defender and all....:smallfrown:

That day there was really frigging confusing. Glad we got a pirate kill out of it. Thought it was a little too chaotic for that, but I guess I was wrong.:smallsmile:

blackout
2007-04-08, 04:40 PM
Just remember: It was me. I did it first. I got 'em. :)

Alarra
2007-04-08, 09:58 PM
You wake early and hurriedly move to check on the princess. Vonriel steps out of his cabin with a yawn "What's happened?" Everyone sighs with relief..."Oh...you're still alive!" "But not the princess..." a random npc interrupts, brandishing a note he'd just found searching Gnome Barbarian's room.

Tieing her to a stake and leaving her in a lagoon didn't work out so well last time. So we went with something a bit simpler.

Your pal, HookYou hurry down the hall to her cabin and find.....nothing. No trace of the princess, or anything else, except the note.

(Gnome Barbarian, princess Tigerlilly, was killed...you assume...)

Day begins, ends 48 hours from now, 11pm, Tuesday April 10th

Vonriel
2007-04-08, 10:07 PM
Vonriel sees the note. And reads it again, just to make sure. It looks like it didn't work out so well. Still.. I had to try.. Well, I think it's time to settle in and see how the day develops. Vonriel walks up on deck and finds a nice place to relax in the sun.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-08, 10:08 PM
Ikari stares wordlessly at the deck and works on his carving.

Akaziel
2007-04-08, 10:12 PM
"Damn it! Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it...", Akaziel repeats as he bangs his head on the walls. "Well, crap. This might not end well..." he sighs, and decides to stroll around Hallway D to clear his head. Hopefully, he might find things pirate-related, but he doesn't expect to find anything, seeing as how his first two searches turned up nothing.

[roll0]

He still doesn't expect to find anything. He realizes that he shouldn't have hit his head 5 times on the wall. "Oww...."

blackout
2007-04-08, 10:42 PM
Well....great...yeah...

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-09, 12:51 AM
Well.. no real suprise there.

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-09, 12:58 AM
Well, I've had no luck in my own hallway, so I will search hallway E.

*DLD goes down the hallway slowly, tapping on walls and floorboards, and carefully checking the doors on each room. She also has a quick glance inside the rooms*

[roll0]

Castaras
2007-04-09, 01:34 AM
The kitten wakes up and starts searching Hallway B, sniffing around, wrinkling its nose at the bad smells.

[roll0]

Kyrian
2007-04-09, 01:34 AM
Kyrian searches Hallway C

[roll0]

Fredricus
2007-04-09, 06:10 AM
Fredricus wakes up with a little hangover and crawls on his back in Hallway H trying to find his bottle.

search [roll0]

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-09, 09:45 AM
the girl in the feathered cloak sighs, and sets to work searching [roll0]

Madmal
2007-04-09, 09:47 AM
Rennard decides to inspect around Hallway C

[roll0]

Joosbawx
2007-04-09, 09:50 AM
Joosbawx wakes and searches his own Hallway C ([roll0])before going up to breakfast and a cup of coffee to consider the morning news they all feared.

blackout
2007-04-09, 09:55 AM
Nukular goes about search Hallway E in an attempt to find something that will help with dealing with the pirates. [roll0]

Goblin Music
2007-04-09, 10:00 AM
the hitchhiker searches hallway A
[roll0]

Timberwolf
2007-04-09, 10:02 AM
Oh hell, now we're really in trouble

Moonshadow goes off to search Hallway A

[roll0]

Madmal
2007-04-09, 10:05 AM
the hitchhiker searches hallway A
[roll0]

((....:smallannoyed: ))not sure how to name what you did there...

Ceika
2007-04-09, 10:07 AM
Ceika looks concerned as she paces the deck. This isn't good at all... Now we're short a watchdog and a princess... I hope they treated the princess better than they did the dog. *she cringes at the thought* I fear for Never Land, the way this is going.... We have to find Hook!!!

She heads belowdecks to search hallway C [roll0]

Goblin Music
2007-04-09, 10:11 AM
((....:smallannoyed: ))not sure how to name what you did there...
(([roll=Sword, search, kill, or other]))

Ceika
2007-04-09, 10:12 AM
((Goblin Music, I don't know if anyone else saw your double roll, but I did, and I find it uncool to say the least. You rolled once in two separate posts, then deleted the post with the lower roll...))

Madmal
2007-04-09, 10:15 AM
((har har...i don't know if that can be be considered as "cheating" though...))

Goblin Music
2007-04-09, 10:16 AM
((sorry my computer is malfunctioning today that is the only reason why)) i did not even see the first roll

Ceika
2007-04-09, 10:19 AM
((*shrugs* If you say so. It's awfully convenient for a malfunction, but, whatever. That's all I'm gonna say about it.))

Supagoof
2007-04-09, 10:30 AM
Suparufio wakes up. His eyes a but worn, he doesn't appear to have slept well. On his way to check on Gnome Barbarian's room, he skates slowly. Reading the note the NPC had brandished, his mind begins thinking of different scenarios.

Something a little simpler, what does that mean? Is there a chance he is alive? Well, Ill start at the scene and work my way out from there.

Suparufio leans back and spins around on his board. He begins searching hallway C [roll0].

blackout
2007-04-09, 11:33 AM
Something a little simpler, what does that mean?

(Here's a hint: Stabbity stab stab. ;) )

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-09, 04:08 PM
First off: a new announcement involving double rolling and computer error. If you accidently double-post while rolling a search check, DO NOT delete either post. You must keep both posts and you will be forced to accept the lowest roll. We feel this is the only way to be fair.

Also, anyone caught deleting posts that have rolls in them, from this point on, will lose their privilege for search checks.

Speaking of search checks, I'm going to be sending out PM's now.

(Sent)

pendell
2007-04-09, 07:40 PM
Right.

First things first: Considering the number of people in corridor C, I search corridor E [roll0]
I release a swarm of self-replicating nanobots to achieve saturation coverage of the corridor, the different data being
amalgamated by a sophisticated artificial intelligence that synthesizes the different sensor reports together to produce a single, unified whole, which is then fed directly into my brain via neural link without the need for such crudities as monitors for input/output. All the information there is to know about the corridor I know instantly.

Second, that shoots my Gnome_Barbarian is a pirate theory all to heck. I'm glad I said I was only 10% confident in it.

I notice I have some people pointing at me, and once again I see no one explaining why.

I make my defense as follows:

1) I did not vote for Inky, who was not a pirate.
2) I DID vote for Shadow, who was. In fact, it was I who exposed his ticket as a forgery.
3) For that matter, you have all seen my ticket. Those of you who are passengers can compare it to your own
and know I am telling the truth.

Are these the actions of a pirate? I contend they are not.

Moving on ... it's time for me to spoil my perfect record and point at somebody. I call up a subprogram to look at the voting patterns ...

... and having examined them all, I point at Eldritch Knight

Reasoning:

1) I found a puddle of water in corridor A. That may be flavor text on the part of the mods, but it may also mean a pirate is on this level.

2) Eldritch Knight has been quiet in this game, voting only once, and that for an innocent.

3) Eldritch Knight is extremely competent. I can believe he would have been asked to be Hook.

Thus, my reasoning. Make of it what you will.

I should add that this is very weak, and I am more than willing to change my point, if someone can give me a good reason before day ends.

*Leaves out a fresh fish for the kitten*

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-09, 07:44 PM
Pendell, to me, water suggests a sea creature was onboard late that night. Perhaps some beast with a vendetta against someone onboard?

My hall is getting lonely quickly...

He sighs.

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-09, 07:53 PM
... and having examined them all, I point at Eldritch Knight

Reasoning:

1) I found a puddle of water in corridor A. That may be flavor text on the part of the mods, but it may also mean a pirate is on this level.

2) Eldritch Knight has been quiet in this game, voting only once, and that for an innocent.

3) Eldritch Knight is extremely competent. I can believe he would have been asked to be Hook.

Thus, my reasoning. Make of it what you will.

I should add that this is very weak, and I am more than willing to change my point, if someone can give me a good reason before day ends.

*Leaves out a fresh fish for the kitten*

Respectfully,

Brian P.

1)I've been quiet because I went away for Easter Weekend and only now got my internet access back.
2) Yes, I'm a competent player, however I've screwed over all of the narrators at one point or another, making it very unlikely for them to trust me with a key role.
3) The puddle of water is more likely evidence that the crocidile was looking for Hook. I have reason to believe that they looked at me. Since I am still here, I cannot possibly be Hook.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-09, 07:57 PM
Searching Hallway A [roll0]

Lord Magtok
2007-04-09, 08:01 PM
*Searches Hallway C with a rock in his pocket.*[roll0]

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-09, 08:09 PM
Ikari gets up slowly and checks his hallway, A, before heading into his room. He leaves the door open and quietly naps on his bed.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-09, 08:26 PM
(We need a roll, Cobra)

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-09, 08:28 PM
((oops! [roll0]))

pendell
2007-04-09, 08:58 PM
Eldritch Knight, exactly how did you 'screw over' the narrators?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

pendell
2007-04-09, 09:05 PM
Having thought about it, I withdraw my previous point and Point at Cobra_Ikari.

Reasoning:

1) You defended Hyrum fiercely, even to the extent of a 'false' confession of being a pirate yourself to save him. Why?
2) You pointed at Gnome Barbarian, who turned out to be the seer, and also at Vonreil, whom Gnome_Barbarian has vouched for.
3) In fact, I am hard pressed to see where you have ever voted for a guilty party. All your votes have been aimed directly at those who have been working the hardest to save the ship.
4) Moreover, you are playing extremely aggressively. This implies, perhaps, Lucky's strategy on that other fabled ship I heard about, when the dominant player with the best logic turned out to be the infamous Jack Sparrow.

Thus, my reasoning. What is your defense?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Lord Magtok
2007-04-09, 09:08 PM
Until I hear his defense, I'm *pointing at Cobra.*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-09, 09:12 PM
Pendell's logic makes sense to me.

Raldor points at Cobra_Ikari

((I am intentionally not searching, it doesn't help to find a pirate by knowing who the croc checked, who Tinker Bell protected, or who Chief Wigwam scried, which is all searching can tell us now))

Goblin Music
2007-04-09, 09:17 PM
*Points at cobra*((just agreeing k'))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-09, 09:28 PM
Ikari, unable to sleep, wanders up on deck and catches the argument against him.

Very well, Mr. P. I'll fill you all in on how I work.

First, I defended Hyram because he came to me. I had reminded him that searching in daylight was probably more fruitful than doing it in the dark, we got to talking, and he mentioned this was his first sea voyage. He swore he was just a passenger, so I told him I'd be his ally, if he liked. At the end, I felt I owed him a bit longer of a voyage, so...I tried to get attention te me, so he could enjoy his first cruise a little longer, but I said it too late, and then it turned out he had betrayed me.

Second, I pointed at Vonriel before he had been mentioned as GB's ally, mostly to try and get out the reason he had defended Shadow, or Mr. Smee, and what he had whispered to GB. I pointed at GB...I don't remember why. I was angry. I've lost my head a time or two when that happened. And I don't like people keeping secrets.

Third, I disagree. I voted at Inky when he confessed to being a pirate, I voted at Shadow on GB's advice, and I voted at blackout because I didn't like the suspicious way he worked. He voted for GB right after we got Smee from GB's advice, and then said he meant to point at Vonriel, who has been on GB's team, too. And then GB covered for him. I have no clue how they know his innocence, but that rapidfire pointing worries me.

And as for my "aggressive" and "logical" tendencies...that's just part of my nature. Sorry if I'm striking out hard, but I make sure I have a reason before I point, which is more than I can say for some of the others here.

I am no pirate. And if I'm to be pointed at...

He slowly draws out his carving knife and examines it before kneeling.

If you decide to throw me off anyway, I'll tell you this. Don't bother trying to shove me off some plank. I'll gladly walk off this ship full of idiots if it comes to that. Aye, you heard me. Idiots. Because only a fool would think me a pirate.

He glares and works a little more on his carving, disgusted.

Akaziel
2007-04-09, 10:59 PM
"I do not think I will be voting anyone off this boat today... unless an unlucky pirate slips a vital clue off his tongue. And then, only then I will vote." Akaziel sighs, and walks a few steps... and eventually figures out that not pointing is a cause for suspicion. He runs back. "Damn... I forgot about that one... I guess I'll just have to point at Cobra, not because of your reason, but as a means of self preservation. I do not wish to be thrown overboard, or 'auto-lynched'."

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-09, 11:11 PM
Better safe then sorry.... Although, coming from a guy who blew up a Solar System, that's probably not very reassuring...

EK points at Cobra

Vonriel
2007-04-09, 11:22 PM
((First post needs to be updated: Gnome Barbarian is still on the vote tallies list, and he isn't around any more.))

I don't blame Cobra for pointing at me, but I do take offense at being called an idiot. I can't promise what's gonna happen if you keep it up. Vonriel turns from where he was appraising Cobra's work. Pendell, however. You are guilty of what you accuse Cobra of: You are easily the most logical one among us. You've also proven yourself to be the first to make a long speech, perhaps expecting us to fall asleep or simply give up and agree with you to get you to stop talking, and then lead everyone into pointing at someone. I personally hate bandwagon starters, and you never even asked for opinions of the other people on board, so for now, I point at Pendell. Vonriel finishes, then looks around, and speaks to everyone. Think this through on your own, this is just one man's opinion. I hate it when people join just to join, because if I wind up wrong, I look like a bad guy.

Vonriel turns away, and goes back to check Hallway G (([roll0])). Starting at his own door, he slowly feels his way along the doorwell. At any sign of an odd feeling, he pulls out a dagger and scrapes it off, to see if he can tell what it was. From there, he moves to Calamity's doorway, checking every little detail he can see. He goes on in the same way at Ink's doorway, and then to Ceika's doorway, but when he gets there, he scans around carefully to see if anyone is around, before picking the lock and doing a quick scan of the room. Closing and locking it back, he goes to Moon Called's door, and does the same as with Ceika's. Once done, he goes back up on deck to relax in the sun. ((Hmm, I think I need to stop being verbose.. :smalltongue:))

Alarra
2007-04-09, 11:43 PM
(It does, but I'm tired and have a paper to write...maybe llama will do it)

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-10, 12:20 AM
*DLD turns to Vonriel*

While, you make sense, and I don't like what either Pendell or Cobra are saying, but Cobra is more suspicious to me, so my vote goes to him.

*DLD then turns to Pendell*

Don't think your long speeches will save you forever. I won't forget my suspicion of you, either.

pingcode20
2007-04-10, 12:45 AM
"Meh. I won't be held responsible if Cobra's just a garden variety knife-throwing lunatic, though."

Pingcode also points at Cobra

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 12:54 AM
Knife throwing, fine. Lunatic? Where'd you get that from?

And you aren't washing your hands of this. If you point at me, it's on your head, too.

He glares.

All bandwagoners will burn.

pingcode20
2007-04-10, 01:01 AM
"Don't glare at me! I don't have opinions - I just do what I'm told! Besides, that sounds like pirate talk, making threats... well, smee talk, if nothing else."

Pingcode goes off and searches Hallway B [roll0]

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 01:09 AM
Oh, I'm not threatening. But don't you dare think you can call me out and contribute to my death and then say you had nothing to do woth it.

Bandwagons kill innocents. There's no evidence against me. I can tell them they'll burn if I wish.

pingcode20
2007-04-10, 01:30 AM
Pingcode makes a show of thinking that he can wash his hands of the issue, for no reason other than to annoy Cobra.

"At any rate, if you're just a garden variety knife-throwing lunatic, sorry about this. If you're not, then, well, you can burn, I suppose. I'll remember you if I ever end up doing a Lady Macbeth, though."

Akaziel
2007-04-10, 02:38 AM
"If Cobra is a pirate, is there any explanation for him behaving this way? Yes, there is: he is trying to cast suspicion onto someone else. But if Cobra is not a pirate, why is he acting this way? Anger? I doubt it... no real reasons at all..." Having said this, Akaziel sits down and waits for sundown, his finger pointed firmly at Cobra. "I said I'd vote when I see clues, right? Cobra's reaction is clue enough for me."

Selrahc
2007-04-10, 03:02 AM
*Points at Cobra*
Seems like a decent case against him.

Bandwagons kill innocents. There's no evidence against me. I can tell them they'll burn if I wish.

Your game completely stopped lynching due to lack of rebellions. They are vital tools to keep lynchings going.

Selrahc
2007-04-10, 03:16 AM
*Points at Cobra*
Seems like a decent case against him.

Your game completely stopped lynching due to lack of bandwagons they are vital tools to keep lynchings going.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 03:31 AM
Clues, Akaziel? What do you know of clues? My personality is a f***in' clue now? My reaction is a clue? I haven't changed how I treat any of the people here. The is the worst case I've ever seen presented...and you and Pendell would kill me over things like this? I was already suspicious of Pendell, and I know there's been suspicion on you...

I think you're both pirates. I think you're in on this together.

Ikari points at Pendell.

Learn to make a case. If I have to go down because nobody bothers reading and just follows the fingers of those who talk a lot, so be it. I'm no pirate. I've not heard either of you suggest the same.

((Selrahc, lack of bandwagons didn't kill my game. Lack of people paying attention did. Like pingcode said, you had a massive voting block. It wasn't people with no voting block not following your points, it was the fact that half your voting block never showed up that made you unable to kill anyone.))

pingcode20
2007-04-10, 03:38 AM
((*Hem Hems* I said that we lost because of half the voting block not showing up.))

"Very well, I shall stop my accusations. And then I shall wash my hands of this affair, excepting if you are a pirate, in which case I will claim credit with everybody else."

*Unpoints at Cobra

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 03:41 AM
((*Hem Hems* I said that we lost because of half the voting block not showing up.))

((Yeah, I realized that... >.> sorry!))

Timberwolf
2007-04-10, 03:44 AM
Vonriel makes sense to me

points at Pendell

Calamity
2007-04-10, 04:09 AM
Yes, I agree with Timber

*points at Pendell*

Castaras
2007-04-10, 04:15 AM
The kitten points at herself, still very very very confused.

Timberwolf
2007-04-10, 04:44 AM
((OOC, in no way to be taken seriously

I couldn't resist this

Look what I found by the kittens bowl !!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/CreamyPudding/pirate_kitten_03.jpg

end OOC))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 04:53 AM
((points at Kitty[/redtext] ;) ))

Castaras
2007-04-10, 04:53 AM
(( @Timberwolf - I wondered who would post that...:smalltongue:

Meow!

Oh shut up kitten. Go back to your roleplaying.

And as for you Ikari...I dint do it guv'ner! :smallwink: ))

The kitten curls up, and dozes.

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-10, 04:56 AM
While I see Pendell's point.. I agree with Vonriel too, and Cobra's defense makes sense, at least.

I point at Pendell.

Fredricus
2007-04-10, 05:25 AM
Fredricus crawls up on deck for some fresh air. As he sways in the wind he listen to the arguments of the to accused. Listening carefully to both defences he points at Cobra because he was more suspicious than Pendell.

Castaras
2007-04-10, 05:26 AM
The kitten, after rereading the posts, points at Pendell, still feeling a little confused.

2007-04-10, 06:02 AM
((Sorry gang, I was up in Chicago for Easter and thus off-board.))

El Jaspero meanders up on deck. "Having had a chance to look over the arguments...I think Vonriel has something there." He *points at Pendell* then wanders off to search Hallway B.

[roll0]

Kyrian
2007-04-10, 06:44 AM
I'm going to go with the one that GB vouched for. Kyrian points at Pendell.

Joosbawx
2007-04-10, 07:18 AM
Joosbawx leans against the rail and points to Pendell as well.

Ceika
2007-04-10, 07:25 AM
Ceika returns topside to hear the arguments. I still don't like you, Vonriel, but at this point, I'm liking him *Ceika points at Pendell* less. I think Cobra is telling the truth, in that he was only trying to help out a newbie, and I think Pendell has been a bit too vocal in his claims. He changed his vote when nobody followed his initial claim. If he truly believed his logic, I would think he would show more conviction...

pendell
2007-04-10, 08:04 AM
Well, I come on in the morning and look at all the fingers pointing at me ...

I have made my arguments in my defense already. I will, however, add one thing:

-- I changed my point at EK not because of the votes, but because I, having thought it over, decided that 1) he was probably right about the water, as was Cobra and 2) the fact that he had limited access due to Easter was probably sound.

In any case, you will all see soon enough that I was not a pirate.

I never expected to live through this cruise anyway.

Now, if you folks will excuse me, I have a death-scene to compose and a death-poem to write.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Goblin Music
2007-04-10, 08:39 AM
then they started to... (player slaps the hitchhiker) hum.. you have not convinced me yet Cobra

Supagoof
2007-04-10, 08:44 AM
((Sorry, RL work is dragging me down. I never expected them to actually make me work!?! What do they mean that's what they pay me for. Stoopid work, expecting me to y'know...work. So, short post again.))

Suparufio, after turning nothing up in hallway C, comes to hear both arguements against Cobra and Pendell.

I am inclined to believe Cobra at this point. He was not the only person to receive a PM from Hyram about being new to this game, as I did as well. Much like Cobra, I bought into the clever lie told by Hyram. Granted this doesn't exclude him from being a pirate, but it does offer proof to me that their is truth behind his word.

As for Pendell, I pointed at you yesterday. I shall point at you again today. Reasons being the same, only further enforced by other assumptions made outloud here today.

Suparufio performs and ollie, then lands with a one hand plant pointing the other at Pendell.

blackout
2007-04-10, 01:57 PM
Nukular points at Pendell. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cobra's right.

Tormsskull
2007-04-10, 06:45 PM
Tormsskull shrugs and *points at Pendell*

pingcode20
2007-04-10, 06:47 PM
Pingcode follows suit and Points at Pendell

Lord Magtok
2007-04-10, 07:04 PM
Bla bla bla, agrees with others, *points at Pendell.*

Raistlin1040
2007-04-10, 07:21 PM
*points at Magtok*

Lord Magtok
2007-04-10, 08:33 PM
Why Raistlin? Was it my simple post, the pointing at you earlier, or some psuedo-logic speech you plan to post? Maybe an old AMEN-EVIL grudge?

pendell
2007-04-10, 08:51 PM
Well, this looks like curtains for Pendell. As you will see in an hour. I am a passenger.

Two more things I wish to say before going to the after life:

1) Ikari_tiger, I believe you are making a mistake WRT Akaziel. I'm willing to bet 100 zorkmids he is no more a pirate than I am.

2) I AM suspicious of supagoof. I admit I have no concrete reason, and I'd like to believe I'm big enough not to retaliate because he pointed at me twice, but every cell of my body screams 'pirate!' when he's around.

*Shrug* make of that what you will.

And now, I'll be in the galley when you're ready for plank-walking. I've been undergoing strict weight control for three years, and I'm going to see if I can't kill myself with carbs before the lynching.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-10, 08:56 PM
Why Raistlin? Was it my simple post, the pointing at you earlier, or some psuedo-logic speech you plan to post? Maybe an old AMEN-EVIL grudge?
Partially because with you around, no matter how bad I am, I'll always be the number 2 cyborg. The other part is I don't like your avvy. Get the old one back.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 09:04 PM
Ikari tiger? Zorkmids?

He looks confused.

Vonriel
2007-04-10, 09:45 PM
It looks like I've started something.. I hope you won't hold me responsible if we're wrong..

pendell
2007-04-10, 10:06 PM
*Pops on one last time*

Sorry, Cobra_Ikari. That's what I get for writing your name from memory rather than looking it up on the board. I was writing in a hurry.

'Zorkmids' are the unit of currency in Nethack and, in Infocom's "Zork" trilogy, the currency of the Great Underground Empire. It is roughly equivalent to one gold piece.

*Goes back to stuffing his face*

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Supagoof
2007-04-10, 10:52 PM
2) I AM suspicious of supagoof. I admit I have no concrete reason, and I'd like to believe I'm big enough not to retaliate because he pointed at me twice, but every cell of my body screams 'pirate!' when he's around.

((I was a good pirate last time. :smalltongue: Plus, this time I'm wearing my new spiffy outfit, so I can understand why every cell in your body screams.))

Suparufio rolls his eyes.

I said sorry, go fish!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-10, 11:39 PM
(sorry for the lateness, I had to double check the auto-lynches)

Pendell does not resist as the posse swarms around to manhandle him off the plank. As he is bundled off, he intones his death
song -- a Haiku:

"The raging ocean
calls hungrily for my flesh
paradise awaits"

One of the NPCs reaches into his pocket and pulls out a strange gizmo ... 'what's this'?

Pendell answers ... "A prototype infinite improbability drive. It allows travel by increasing the probability of unlikely occurrences.
Eventually the probability that you spontaneously electron tunnel to your destination becomes high enough that it happens, and there you are."

"The problem is, OTHER improbable events also become more probable, so it's a gamble ... no telling what will happen. But it doesn't work?"

"Oh yeah? Well, why don't you just reverse the polarity ... it always works on star trek..."

There is a loud BZZT as Pendell is thrown into the water ..

.. and a giant custard pie materializes over the ship and falls face first onto the posse.

SPLAT!

Then it starts to rain potatoes.

A very bizarre few seconds involving brightly colored machine tools, lemon scented napkins, and a spontaneous journey to the orbit of Pluto (and back) before someone finds a hammer and smashes the II.

Sadly, the attack was more brutal than previously expected. Gezina had been turned into a small raccoon and Miatog was scurrying around the cabin as a squirrel. Malgamar lay dead on the floor, bludgeoned to death with potatoes and Krursk had been struck in the head by a falling potted plant.

In the day-long cleanup that follows, someone finds pendell's ticket. He was a passenger.

Pendell was lynched, he was a villager. Mal and Krursk were auto-lynched. They were villagers. Gez and Miatog were auto-lynched. They were lost boy and girl.

Night ends Wednesday night at 11PM EST. Please PM all night actions to Alarra, Indurain, and Atreyu the Masked Llama.

Goblin Music
2007-04-10, 11:42 PM
prototype? bah! i perfected that years ago. oh well. heads for cabin

blackout
2007-04-11, 12:24 AM
....Something tells me the odds have suddenly tipped in the pirates' favor.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-11, 12:25 AM
Damnable NPC's...

Akaziel
2007-04-11, 01:02 AM
Without saying a word, Akaziel walks away to his room, feeling responsible for Pendell's death.

Vonriel
2007-04-11, 01:39 AM
Vonriel sighs. This is what I get. Pendell, I'm sorry to put suspicion on you like I did. He pulls a small carving out of his pocket, walks to the edge of the ship, and drops it overboard, before slowly making his way back to his cabin.

Fredricus
2007-04-11, 05:28 AM
Fredricus looks at the mayhem and goes back to his cabin to drink.

2007-04-11, 05:45 AM
"Pendell...sorry about that. You deserved better." El Jaspero finishes his glass of before-bed grog, then heads to bed.

Joosbawx
2007-04-11, 07:34 AM
Joosbawx sighs "Not again..." and shuffles off to care for his petunias before going to bed.

pendell
2007-04-11, 08:04 AM
*The ghost of Pendell pops up*

No worries, lads. The best apology you can make is to kill the pirates!

BTW, did you know the afterlife has an all-u-can eat buffet? Gotta go before someone steals my booth.

*Pendell pops away*

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Supagoof
2007-04-11, 08:13 AM
Suparufio gets slapped with a fish from the fallout of Pendell's pockets.

That's not what I meant by go fish! *sigh* Pendell, enjoy the afterlife. Stay away from the crabcakes, trust me on that one.

Looking at the fish, he sees it's full of holes.

Heh, holy mackeral, go figure. *Ba dum kssh*

Suparufio skates off to his cabin, pondering the pointing of today.

((*Waves hello to archives ninja! I know you're watching.* ))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-11, 08:51 AM
Ikari walks to a secluded part of the deck.

...my apologies, Pendell. I wish it hadn't had to come to this...

Madmal
2007-04-11, 09:48 AM
((oh, crud...too late to save me from auto lynching.....i knew it!!!))

((now let's hope i'll be able to save myself on Mafia...))

Helgraf
2007-04-11, 11:18 AM
Hey Pendell ... welcome to the afterlife. And my, you've brought a lot of friends. I do hope I can keep you safe better here than on that wretched ship.

Shadow
2007-04-11, 12:17 PM
The ghost of Smee, seeing all the innocents join him in the afterlife, flies over the deck and hauntingly whisper/shouts:
For Hook!

Lord Magtok
2007-04-11, 02:05 PM
Partially because with you around, no matter how bad I am, I'll always be the number 2 cyborg. The other part is I don't like your avvy. Get the old one back.

*Sigh.* Fine. I'll go get it. It was raining in Mafia, and I didn't want to rust...

blackout
2007-04-11, 02:58 PM
*shoots the ghost of smee with a pulse rifle he found*...Oh. Cool....HEY! <_< >_> *hides the rifle*

Selrahc
2007-04-11, 03:00 PM
*shoots the ghost of smee with a pulse rifle he found*...Oh. Cool....HEY! <_< >_> *hides the rifle*

Tau tech, while advanced, is rather ineffective against the intangible.(Aren't you a crisis suit anyhow? They don't even get pulse rifles):smalltongue:

I'd be willing to bet on a gaping hole in the boat though.

blackout
2007-04-11, 03:18 PM
(Modified crisis suit. :) Carries everything from pulse-chainguns to space marine heavy bolters. *is the leet hacker*)
....Oops.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-11, 10:09 PM
*The morning arrives and the passengers pile around ready for breakfast, the cooks have done their best to make an appetizing meal but no one has the heart to eat after Pendell. Everyone just picks at their food as the voice of Captian Hook blares over the loudspeaker.

"I've just had an apostrophe! You all want desert. I'm sorry, but someone ate all the pies." *The doors open and a cart is pushed into the dining room. On top, lies the form of a child in an animal costume. Her body is bloated and cherry filling oozes from her mouth. She has been force fed pies until her body shut down from the overdose.

Castaras was killed. She was a lost boy.

Day begins. It will end 11 _PM EST on Friday the 13th! *EVIL GRIN* We will get to search checks as soon as possible, but please have patience and remember the new rules we added for glitches. Good luck!

Vonriel
2007-04-11, 10:36 PM
Vonriel rushes to the side of the boat at the sight and promply empties the contents of his stomach. Musing more to himself than anything, he speaks in an almost delirious tone. So.. many. Our chances are dropping, fast. Three lost boys? Two more passengers? We're.. we're not going to make it out alive, are we. He slowly walks off, mumbling to himself about recent events, and how sick he feels after the incident with Pendell the day before.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 10:49 PM
Castaras was killed. She was a lost boy.

don't you mean Girl?

Akaziel
2007-04-11, 11:02 PM
"Damn... another murder..." Akaziel rushes out of the dining hall. He sighs, and goes to his room, having lost all hope... wondering who would be next...

Krursk
2007-04-11, 11:05 PM
Tau tech, while advanced, is rather ineffective against the intangible.(Aren't you a crisis suit anyhow? They don't even get pulse rifles):smalltongue:

I'd be willing to bet on a gaping hole in the boat though.

((for the record Tau Crisis Suits can take plasma rifles))

Castaras
2007-04-12, 12:59 AM
(( *sniff* I don't wanna eat anymore...I'm full up! Good luck you lot! ))

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-12, 01:12 AM
Ikari hugs the body of Castaras.

I'll miss you...

inky13112
2007-04-12, 01:19 AM
((for the record Tau Crisis Suits can take plasma rifles))
Yes but not pulse rifles which is the weapon you specified.

*Waves to the other dead people*

P.S. Tyranids > Tau. For the greater SWARM.

Castaras
2007-04-12, 01:21 AM
* Waves back *

Hello! Sorry about lynching you back then. Guess I can ditch the cat costume...

* Wanders off to the afterlife. Pauses *

Wait...is there pies in the afterlife? :smalleek:

* Stays watching *

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-12, 02:01 AM
Only if you want there to be.

Worrying.
Do we know how many lost boys and girls are left now?

P.S. Orks>Tyranids. Waaaaaaagh!