PDA

View Full Version : Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-28, 11:00 PM
*The passengers awaken in the morning and head down to the cafeteria and begin nibbling on their meals barely talking. They look around nervously, wondering who won't be joining them. Hope starts to bloom as everyone seems to be accounted for. From the hallway, a song drifts into the quiet gathering.

(it seems to demand that I have a link here...but I made it so its a default link to nothing.)
"Trussst in me
Jussst in Me
Ssshut your Eyesss
and trussst in me" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/no%20link)

The brave souls venture out to track down the source of the song. They follow the voice as it continues its eerie hypnotic song.

"Ssslip in to sssilent ssslumber
Sssail on a sssilver missst
Ssslowly and sssurely your sssensssesss
Will csseassse to resssissst"

*The passengers come face to face with a large snake, its eyes start to swirl and change colors, captivating the crowd. They stare helplessly at it, many starting to yawn. The snake slithers up to Cobra Ikari and wraps the entranced barbarian in its coils, then slithers over the side of the ship with him. As the snake leaves it looks over to the remaining passengers.*

"Go back to your breakfasssst. My friendssss invited me onboard to sssshow thissss impossster who the top ssssnake really issss.

*The large snake disappears into the water with Cobra Ikari and swims to the shore of a nearby island.*

Cobra Ikari was taken by a large snake to a strange island. You can accurately assume that he was killed. He was a villager.
Day beginssss (sorry, its habit forming) and will end at 11PM EST on Monday April 30.

blackout
2007-04-29, 12:03 AM
....it may be old, and I may hate saying it, but...this is REALLY bad.

Timberwolf
2007-04-29, 04:47 PM
Oh dear lord, that's bizarre...

Shadow
2007-04-30, 02:27 AM
For Hook!

Akaziel
2007-04-30, 07:43 AM
'For Hook' this! Akaziel's ghost kicks Smee into the Ghost Trap.

Ceika
2007-04-30, 09:21 AM
((Because today is looking like it's going to get very busy, and I'm not sure if I'll be back online before day ends, though I will try...))

Ceika slowly wakes from the shock of their previous discovery, and, shaking, climbs to her feet. She looks around, nervously trying to decide whether to voice her views today, for all the good it's done in the past. Realizing that nobody else has spoken up either, she takes a deep breath and starts to talk, her voice quivering. I heard... I heard something horrible. I dreamed of snakes... our friendly Cobra was dragged away... I dreamed of jungle beats with monkeys and bears dancing around in coconut bras and grass skirts... but behind the beats... there was something... more melodic. A young boy in danger... The bad snake with the swirling eyes, mistaking the chipmunk costume for a real chipmunk... but the odd music lingered in the background... I think... I think it was Goblin Music! I think he had something to do with this! *Ceika points at Goblin Music* He only comes to the top deck every few days, keeping hidden the rest of the time. He never speaks up, only jumps on whatever bandwagon starts, trying to blend in with the crowds. That... and I'm fairly sure his dice are loaded!

Kyrian
2007-04-30, 12:52 PM
Kyrian points at Ceika. You've led our hands far too many times against those of the innocent. Why should I trust you again?

blackout
2007-04-30, 02:43 PM
Blackout points at Ceika. I'm sorry Ceika, but Kyrian has a point.

Ceika
2007-04-30, 04:24 PM
Ceika looks at blackout with a hurt expression. I've led you astray? I have voiced my own views, nothing more. I did not ask for your trust. I didn't twist your arms to follow me... So you'll throw me over for being the only one willing to take a chance and speak up? Blackout... I'm... dissappointed. I defended you... confided in you... and you would have me thrown over? Of all the people on this ship, I would think you would know me better than that. But it seems my vision was clouded when it came to watching you, Blackout... maybe people will think on that for tomorrow. After all, you were overly anxious to point at Gnome Barbarian early in the game after he stepped forward as the seer.

Ceika shrugs and goes over to the railing, determined to enjoy the next few hours, since they may be her last.

blackout
2007-04-30, 04:47 PM
Alright, alright, sheesh. New race for DnD: Ceika. They have a special feat called 'guilt-trip'. Blackout points at self to avoid autolynch.

pendell
2007-04-30, 04:53 PM
'For Hook' this! Akaziel's ghost kicks Smee into the Ghost Trap.

Thank you, that's precisely why I left it here... open wide, Mr. Crocodile

[Pendell and Akaziel feed the Ghost Trap to the crocodile. Smee can keep Hook's pocket watch company for eternity ]

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ceika
2007-04-30, 05:10 PM
Alright, alright, sheesh. New race for DnD: Ceika. They have a special feat called 'guilt-trip'. Blackout points at self to avoid autolynch.

((*chuckles* Congrats, you've been quoted.))

blackout
2007-04-30, 05:19 PM
((Anytime.))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-04-30, 08:11 PM
El J leans in the galley doorway, sipping a Manhattan. "Despite your pleas, I'm unconvinced. You keep trying to bring us down, despite the fact that our chances are still quite good; don't forget that three pirates have already died, including their leader. I'll agree that Ceika has made some mistakes, but who among us hasn't? Any number of our fellow passengers have died because of bad guesses, but at least she's trying."

El Jaspero raises his glass to drink, then *points at blackout*.

Joosbawx
2007-04-30, 08:18 PM
Joosbawx points to blackout.

blackout
2007-04-30, 08:27 PM
....What!? Why's everyone pointing at me?! I'm not the one starting bandwagons incessantly.

Tormsskull
2007-04-30, 09:09 PM
hmmmm. Gonna go on a huncharoo.

Tormsskull points at Joosbawx.

Ceika
2007-04-30, 09:14 PM
Ceika shakes her head and turns back around to the crowd. You're making a mistake, accusing Blackout. I said so before, and I stand by my statement. He's not a pirate... that much I know. Believe me or don't, but throwing him over will bring no good. I... I wish there was some way I could make you believe... She crosses her arms and waits.

blackout
2007-04-30, 09:53 PM
Well, I've thought it over....and, I'm gonna wing it. Blackout randomly points at El Jaspero, due to his title of Pirate King.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-30, 10:15 PM
(okay....huzzah that people are pointing...but you're gonna have to eventually decide on one person.......we need 3 votes to get a lynch.)

Helgraf
2007-04-30, 10:29 PM
((Don't listen to him, he's just the narrator - FIGHT THE POWER!))
:smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Indurain
2007-04-30, 10:31 PM
(Yeah...take it Narrators!)

Kyrian
2007-04-30, 11:17 PM
I feel that there may be more to your voting against Jaspero aside from just his name. And, I'm sorry, but if you prove to be innocent, then it allows me to trust another.

Kyrian points at blackout.

Indurain
2007-05-01, 12:25 AM
Slowly the passengers advance on Blackout. He back-pedals, slowly shuffling towards the deck. With people coming from all sides, Blackout knows he’s cornered and keeps retreating when suddenly he trips over something.

“MY GUN!” he yells. Blackout grabs the weapon and starts opening fire on the approaching mob. Passengers scatter and flee as the plasma flies. Nearly everyone takes cover behind various parts of the ship and shuffleboard equipment; everyone except Kyrian.

“You. Shall. Not. Survive!” Kyrian yells, clenching his fists and flexing his arms.

“HA” Blackout replies and levels his rifle at Kyrian’s head. “Say goodbye.” Blackout pulls the trigger and a beam of plasma fires at Kyrian’s head, when suddenly yellow flame bursts from Kyrian’s head, deflecting the beam.

From behind a pool noodle Tormsskull whispers to El Jaspero…”What’s he doing?”

“Going Super Sayian. Level 3 it looks like.”

Kyrian lets out a large scream, as his body levitates in the air. His eyes glow, his muscles tighten. Veins appear to literally be growing out of his arms. This pretty much continues for the next three episodes thirty minutes.

Finally the transformation is complete. Super Kyrian settles down onto the deck, a fury blazing in his eyes.

“Now Blackout…you di-“

But by this point Blackout has thrown himself overboard, leaving behind a note.

“I just couldn’t take it anymore…it was soooo boring. Tell the other lost boys I’m sorry.”

Blackout was lynched. He was a Lost Boy. Night Begins. PM all the goodies to the three who rule them all. (That’s Alarra, Indy, and Llama) by 11 PM EST, May 1, 2007.

It should also be noted that this death scene in no way incriminates nor clears any of the people mentioned herein (aka Kyrian, Tormsskull, El Jaspero).

blackout
2007-05-01, 05:36 AM
((Welp, there ya have it folks. :) Good game everyone, kill the pirates for me wouldja?))

2007-05-01, 07:31 AM
El Jaspero looks both shocked and ill at the revelation. "Oh no...blackout, I'm sorry."

He sadly turns and heads through the nearly-deserted ship to his cabin, but doesn't bother to lock the door tonight. Clearly, it makes no difference.

Ceika
2007-05-01, 07:40 AM
((We're trying, Blackout!!))

Ceika scowls, wishing she could have done more to help Blackout. Beating herself up over it, she sulks down to her room for the night, slamming and barring the doors behind her.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-01, 04:25 PM
"Hey Blackout whats up? Its not so bad up here. I see everyone on my trust list is getting lynched. Thast helpful wouldn't you say?" Tiger Lily shakes his head.

Timberwolf
2007-05-01, 04:28 PM
*emerges from site + internet failure coma*

Blackout dead ? oh no.

blackout
2007-05-01, 04:32 PM
.....Oh, gods. Not YOU people-oh, hey, I still got my pulse rifle! *proceeds to shoot Smee*

Calamity
2007-05-01, 04:37 PM
((Don't worry blackout! There are lots of paasengers and lost boys here! Oh wait, you killed someone we trusted! Now I'm bitter, you better avoid me when i'm in a 'dead' bad-mood))

blackout
2007-05-01, 04:43 PM
((Who, your talking about Graff, right? Graff=pirate. :) ))

Vonriel
2007-05-01, 04:50 PM
((How I wish we were combatting the Pirates who don't do anything, rather than this bunch. Ah, well, where's Smee's ghost when I need to stab something..))

Selrahc
2007-05-01, 04:55 PM
.....Oh, gods. Not YOU people-oh, hey, I still got my pulse rifle! *proceeds to shoot Smee*

Hmmm... a Tau.

*Summons the Nightbringer*

Pulse rifle that, fleshling.

blackout
2007-05-01, 04:58 PM
*does so**Nightbringer dies, no save.*

Selrahc
2007-05-01, 05:06 PM
Ah the arrogance of Tau.

Pulse rifle wouldn't even scratch the old Death God.

EDIT: Actually probably better not to derail pirates with 40K talk.

blackout
2007-05-01, 05:11 PM
......Ack. I have been owned, ladies and gents.

Calamity
2007-05-01, 05:13 PM
((Who, your talking about Graff, right? Graff=pirate. :) ))

No, I'm talking about Azakiel! Bah.... :smallannoyed:

blackout
2007-05-01, 05:15 PM
O_o Dude, I don't recall ever starting a bandwagon on him.

Akaziel
2007-05-01, 08:58 PM
You're right! It wasn't blackout. The one who started one on me is still alive!

Indurain
2007-05-01, 11:39 PM
As the sun breaks over the bay, the passengers slowly rise and make their way above deck. As hunger sets in they make their way towards the kitchen to find quite a surprise. A large pot sits on the stove, with a note attached.

We tried to make turtle soup, but we got a much more pleasant surprise...check the oven.

P.S. The soup is poisoned, try it...it's de-lish!

With great hesitation, the oven is opened and laying there is the body of a fairy, blue and devoid of life.

Raldor (Tinkerbell) was poisoned by the Pirates. Commence Pointing! Day ends May 3rd, 2007.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-05-02, 06:01 AM
((Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoghts. Oops, I guess it's a little too late for that.))

Timberwolf
2007-05-02, 07:08 AM
That has to be the saddest sight I've ever seen

Moonshadow bursts into tears.

I believe in you !! It's not working !

Supagoof
2007-05-02, 08:21 AM
Suparufio trys to start an ethereal clap, but his hands pass through each other.

Everyone Chant. I do believe in fairies, I do, I do. I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.

Come on people, you have got to believe.

Sadly, Tinkerbell does not re-awaken.....

Your lack of faith disturbs me.

Calamity
2007-05-02, 11:31 AM
O_o Dude, I don't recall ever starting a bandwagon on him.

Umm, I didn't say start a bandwagon on him.... you pointed at a man who you knew was innocent!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-02, 11:58 AM
With a soft gasp, the body of Tinkerbell shudders and fades away into nothingness.

(No one clapped. No one at all. Well, no one living. )
Raldor was killed by Pirates. He was Tinkerbell.

Selrahc
2007-05-02, 01:02 PM
With a soft gasp, the body of Tinkerbell shudders and fades away into nothingness.

(No one clapped. No one at all. Well, no one living. )
Raldor was killed by Pirates. He was Tinkerbell.

*raised eyebrow* So there was a setpiece for a clappy resurection? Cool.

((Especially since it failed. Go team pirate!))

Kyrian
2007-05-02, 06:43 PM
Well, apparently no one else is going to do this, but I'm going to have to go with my gut feeling. Kyrian points at Ceika. I'm sorry, but Ceika, you just seem like the pirate material to me. I think you're only pretending to have lost it, so that we will sympathize for you, and thereby overlook the fact that you've led us astray multiple times now, each day claiming "HE'S A PIRATE, I KNOW HE IS!" Your class may have the special ability "Guilt Trip", but it's not going to work on me this time, Ceika.

Kyrian lowers his head, as a tear rolls down his cheek and drops to the ship's deck.

I'm sorry it's come to this Ceika...and if I'm wrong, I pray that you'll forgive me.

2007-05-02, 06:48 PM
El J sips his morning glass of bourbon. "I don't know that Ceika has ever claimed to know someone was a pirate; she was guiding us as she thought best."

He scratches his chin in thought. "Clearly we must be very careful. I'll admit that Ceika has guided us wrong a couple times, but I'm still reluctant to point at anybody yet."

Timberwolf
2007-05-02, 08:10 PM
Oh no, I hate decisions but I'm going to point at Goblin Music. I don't think Kyrian is a pirate, I know I'm not, I know Joosbawx is not. I'm pretty certain of everyone else too. He's the only question mark in my head. Therefore, I will point at him.

2007-05-02, 08:20 PM
*more scratching of chin*

"That's a pretty good argument too. Goblin's been awful quiet the whole game..."

For the moment, El J *points at Goblin_Music*.

Goblin Music
2007-05-02, 11:23 PM
(i have had a hard week first my play cutting up time then this cold)

Ceika
2007-05-03, 05:26 AM
((Before her player has an extremely stressful day, and may not be back online tonight))

Ceika looks at Kyrian and shakes her head. What forgiveness do you think you deserve? I have never claimed to know for certain someone was a pirate, all I can go off of is who they've acted. If you truly believe that I am a pirate, may the gods have mercy, for I have none. But I still think I was onto something last time, and so I will continue to hold my accusations against him. *Ceika points at Goblin Music.*

Joosbawx
2007-05-03, 07:26 AM
Joosbawx points to Goblin Music.

Goblin Music
2007-05-03, 09:52 AM
Hum... quite the problem verily i shall point at..... Ceika! i probably will get many accusers for that...

Kyrian
2007-05-03, 10:18 AM
Kyrian listens to Ceika, and it pains his heart to hear her words. He thinks to himself 'So you expect forgiveness from those you falsely condemn to their death, yet give none to one who's only as confused as you?' Finally, he sees Goblin Music join him in the vote against the lady he once held dear. Something inside must have snapped, because Kyrian slowly lowered his accusing finger from the one that use to trust him so much. There may not be way for him to ever gain that trust back, but how could he even hope to try if he was just going to throw accusations, based on confusion, in her direction? No. There's no hope. What's done couldn't be undone, and by her words, there would never be anything close to even a friendship for them, so there was no use in even trying anymore. So why did he lower his finger? Why did he decide to go against his possibly wrong gut instinct? Because, as much as it hurts him to know how bad things have gotten between them, he knew that he still trusted her judgment. And so for that very long reason, Kyrian pointed at Goblin Music. And hoped that Ceika was right this time.

Supagoof
2007-05-03, 10:35 AM
Suparufio, enjoying the afterlife, grabs a statue made of gold of a man standing. he shines it up.

And the Oscar goes tooooo....Kyrian!

((Please note I have no idea whose who, but that post was such a well written inner monologue, that to not give Kyrian an Oscar for it would be a travesty.

Seriously, no idea.))

Kyrian
2007-05-03, 10:38 AM
((Thanks Goof...seems I did apparently learn something from my creative writing course this semester...))

Tormsskull
2007-05-03, 06:41 PM
hmmmmmm.....

I guess: Tormsskull points at Goblin Music.

Indurain
2007-05-03, 09:02 PM
The passengers, worked into a frenzy with fear and bloodthirst, gather around Goblin Music.

I was gone! I'm innocent! he protests. Are you seriously going to believe Ceika, who's gotten like four passengers killed?

As it turns out, they are. The unfortunate goblin is quickly seized by his accusers and thrown head-first overboard. I was goooooonnnnne! he cries before dropping into the sea with a gobliny splash.

"Shouldn't we check his cabin?" asks Joosbawx, turning to head below.

I think that won't be necessary, he was merely a passenger says El Jaspero as he adjusts his eyepatch. Or should I say...Avast ye, landlubber! This be it, me hearties! He pulls a cutlass somehow hidden down his trouser leg and leaps at Joosbawx. Timberwolf and Tormsskull reach into their back pockets and don eyepatches before taking swings of grog and joining the fray.

"NOOOOOO!" cries Kyrian as he reaches into his coat for some combination of guns and swords, attached to some more swords and guns. "You'll pay for this, you filthy pirates!" He charges forward, but is suddenly brought up short by a *snickt* sound and the sudden appearance of bloody, pointy metal sticking out of his chest.

You know what they say about payback, Ceika says with a wicked smirk. Turns out your instincts were right after all. She wipes her blade and turns to help the pirates finish off the terrified crocodile.

"Gyarh," says Timberwolf as he readies his cutlass. "This one be FOR HOOK indeed!"

The bloody carnage done, the victorious pirates and their suddenly pink-haired ally spend the night drinking grog and singing their victory song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU) . Dawn breaks and they sail off with a freshly-mounted crocodile for their figurehead, to terrorize another ship on another sea, grinning from earring to earring.

((TA-DA!))

((So endeth, the game. Congrats to the Pirates for a chilling victory. And thank you to all the players from all us narrators. Please remember us, when we actually challenge Goof to the Narrators in the Playground compeition.))

((Roles to be posted soon.))

((...You're still here? It's over. Chicka chicka.))

blackout
2007-05-03, 10:08 PM
Well...this is not good. Welcome to the afterlife, people! :)

Alarra
2007-05-03, 10:28 PM
Roles:

akaziel - Passenger
Blackout - Lost Boy
B-man - Passenger
Calamity - Lost Boy
Captain Van Der Decken - Passenger
Castaras - Lost Boy
Ceika - Chief Wigwam
Cobra Ikari - Passenger
Cult_of_the_Raven - Passenger
DarkLightDragon - Wendy
Eldritch Knight - Passenger
El Jaspero - Pirate
Evnafets - Lost Boy
Fredricus - Passenger
Gezina - Lost Boy
Gnome Barbarian - Tigerlilly
Goblin Music - Passenger
Helgraf - Nana
Hyramgraff - Pirate
Ink - Passenger
Inky13112 - Michael
Joosbawx - Crocodile
Krursk - Passenger
Kyrian - Passenger
Lord Magtok - Peter Pan
Malmagor Andrigal - Passenger
Miatog - Lost Boy
Moon Called - Passenger
Pendell - Passenger
Pingcode20 - Passenger
Raistlin1040 - Passenger
Raldor - Tinkerbell
Selrahc - Hook
Shadow - Smee
Supagoof - John
Timberwolf - Pirate
Tormsskull - Pirate
Vespe Ratavo - Passenger
Vonriel - Passenger

Thanks for playing! =)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-03, 10:29 PM
thanks to everyone for playing!! We had a lot of fun narrating.

blackout
2007-05-03, 10:34 PM
*credits start rolling and the music from the Matrix Reloaded starts playing, in particular the part where Neo is fighting all those Smiths*

inky13112
2007-05-03, 10:34 PM
Wow, Cieka just lead the passengers by the nose for the entirety of the end game. Well played pirates! (For the Record, I knew Tormsskull was a pirate)

@V very much so

2007-05-03, 10:38 PM
*drinks grog*

"Yar, har, fiddle-dee dee!"

blackout
2007-05-03, 10:40 PM
Wow. And Ceika was really convincing for the whole game. I am impressed! :)

evnafets
2007-05-03, 10:45 PM
Nah. This game was boring. I mean I got killed like before I even had a chance to play.
What is it about me? Do people thing I'm actually half-decent at this game or something?

blackout
2007-05-03, 10:58 PM
Dude, speak for yourself. I screwed up majorly, and I almost died a few days into the game. Personally, I'm surprised I made it into the Last 15.

Helgraf
2007-05-03, 11:07 PM
Curse you supagoof for selling me out to the pirates!

Selrahc
2007-05-04, 01:15 AM
Wow. And Ceika was really convincing for the whole game. I am impressed! :)

Well she wasn't actually a pirate, so thats fairly unimpressive.

blackout
2007-05-04, 06:03 AM
........Ouch.

Joosbawx
2007-05-04, 07:31 AM
Applauds narrators! Well done. Again!!!

Timberwolf
2007-05-04, 08:04 AM
Arrrr, thanks be to the narrators.

I had a superb death scene all written too. I'll save it for next time I'm a pirate (If that ever happens again).

Castaras
2007-05-04, 09:45 AM
...And I didn't suspect any of them. >.<

Darnit darnit darnit.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-04, 10:15 AM
So...thoughts on the search feature? Should it be used again? How should it be revamped?

Supagoof
2007-05-04, 10:18 AM
Curse you supagoof for selling me out to the pirates!

I never sold you out to the pirates directly, I just shouldn't have mentioned that Nana was in corridor A publically. Sorry! I realized it too late. :smallredface:

I also figured out that the whole searching thing only helps the pirates, since the possibility of finding a pirate while searching is 1 out of 6, or more specifically Smee out of Smee, Tinkerbell, Tigerlilly, Chief Wigwam, Croc, Nana. So the passanger would only learn who to protect from pointing out of a hallway, but the pirates along with Smee, could systematically destroy/learn the roles of a complete hallway in 2 nights. :smallfrown:

Also, as for actually selling out to the pirates - Ceika! Wow, and here I thought that a true friend stabs you in the chest. I didn't think that the fool could switch sides.....you took GB's list, which you cleverly weren't on (did you convince GB to not include you?), and just ran with it. I was right! :smallamused:

Even though that was my plan. Kudos to you for beating me to it. Though it clearly states that I just needed to survive to win on the first page. I don't think the chief wins if the pirates win. Narrators? :smallconfused:

Oh yeah, and I accept your challenge! Though let us get another round of Ye Old West underway before we get that one going. I want to make sure we have all the bugs fixed in my version of the game. :smalltongue:

Ceika
2007-05-04, 10:48 AM
I wasn't trying to win. I was the fool... therefore, I was acting as such. I'm totally shocked that I survived to the end acting as I did. I wasn't expecting that.

And no, I wasn't put on GB's list because he didn't trust some of the people it was sent to. Plus, I didn't really switch alliances until near the end, after most of the people on the list had already been killed off, and I had verified that I was the fool.

However, I had accidentally aided in killing someone on the list (sue me, I deleted it and couldn't remember all the names) before I started going rogue.

I honestly was trying to find the pirates.

Oddly enough, I did, and they made me a better deal.

HyramGraff
2007-05-04, 10:49 AM
I never sold you out to the pirates directly, I just shouldn't have mentioned that Nana was in corridor A publically. Sorry! I realized it too late. :smallredface:

Oh you didn't mention it publicaly, you just PMed it to me. Still the pirates had to win a coin filp to find that it was helgraf instead of someone else.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-04, 10:50 AM
That's how they found out!

Kyrian
2007-05-04, 10:56 AM
Llama: in regards to the search function, as I told you before, PM the people with low scores to say they didn't find anything. That way we at least know (note: I'm not saying you three did/not this) that our roll was seen.

Timberwolf
2007-05-04, 11:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, were the pirates meant to receive anything from searches because I never heard anything from mine.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-04, 11:39 AM
Due to the high number of PM's that would have been sent out had we sent one out to everyone, we chose to only send out PM's if some one found something. In the future we may try to send out PM'sto everyone, but seeing as we were one narrator short for 3/4 the game and that atreyu and Alarra got very busy halfway through, we're amazed we pulled off what we did, so flawlessly.

Castaras
2007-05-04, 11:42 AM
Personally, I wasn't that happy with the search idea. It just seemed like an extra action that did very little to help you, other than giving you clues.

But that was a fun game. Can't wait for the next one.

Helgraf
2007-05-04, 03:31 PM
So...thoughts on the search feature? Should it be used again? How should it be revamped?

The search wayy overbalances matters in the pirates' favour.

Modifier: If a role does not leave their room (e,g, they do not scry, or they bane themselves) they shouldn't leave evidence behind.

The pirates never would have gotten me so quickly if someone hadn't leaked they saw the baner in Corridor A when the baner was only protecting themselves and thus wouldn't have left any evidence behind.

It's rather unfortunate when the baner can get themselves killed because protecting themselves leaves evidence that can be found by anyone.

Supagoof
2007-05-04, 03:36 PM
Yeah, again, sorry about that.....*goes and bangs head against wall*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-04, 09:57 PM
The search wayy overbalances matters in the pirates' favour.

Modifier: If a role does not leave their room (e,g, they do not scry, or they bane themselves) they shouldn't leave evidence behind.

The pirates never would have gotten me so quickly if someone hadn't leaked they saw the baner in Corridor A when the baner was only protecting themselves and thus wouldn't have left any evidence behind.

It's rather unfortunate when the baner can get themselves killed because protecting themselves leaves evidence that can be found by anyone.

(Each time we run a game, we will always try to add something different to tweak the game a bit, to make sure that it is in some way a unique experience from the other games out there. In Pirates I, we started at night and had Jack and Rose as roles. In Pirates II, we had the Feuders, Tinkerbell and we introduced search checks.

Search checks did provide a new dynamic to those with night time roles. I admittedly had hoped that some new equations would shake up the standard playing methods.

The current metagame is that the baner protects himself until the seer reveals himself then the baner protects the seer. The pirates knew this and when they heard hairs had been found in hallway A, they jumped on it.

The search check could have been utilized as a tool of misdirection if someone from a different hallway had been protected, but this option wasn't one that was exploited.

If we do utilize the search checks in Pirates III, we will consider that modifer as well as a few others)

Don't worry, the new elements we add in Pirates III will most definately help the villagers more than the pirates. Well, most of them. )

blackout
2007-05-05, 01:19 AM
Oh, if I may suggest a theme for the next game?

Shadow
2007-05-05, 05:20 AM
Oh you didn't mention it publicaly, you just PMed it to me. Still the pirates had to win a coin filp to find that it was helgraf instead of someone else.

That's how they found out!
Yes.
That's how we found out.
In fact, after it came out that I'd been scried as Smee (thanks for that Gnome:smallwink:) I had to go an a mad dash to get mt scry results on Helgraf from the previous night, as no one had responded yet.
I knew that I was about to go down, and since we knew that Nana was in that corridor, I chose to scry Helgraf.
I got lucky in that it actually was him.
Since Gnome Barbarian outed himself as Tigerlily, we assumed that it would be safe to kill Helgraf that night and GB next.
It worked out wonderfully!

So, for one last time....
For Hook!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-05, 06:54 AM
Sure, Blackout. We have a few ideas, but we're open to more. What do you have?

blackout
2007-05-05, 10:38 AM
Two words, folks: Space Pirates. :) *likes sci-fi, sue me*

Indurain
2007-05-10, 09:50 PM
*sues Blackout*