PDA

View Full Version : Adventure gear“s shop guild

Raul Lećo
2015-01-07, 01:32 PM
So guys, im planing on making a guild that produces and sells itens for adventurers (equips, potions, scrolls, wands) and some way can be a meeting place...

I have the Leadership feat, so planing on using my followers. So i“ll use:

135 lv1 guys
13 lv2
1 lv6
1 lv5
My cohort

This way, ill use the 13 lv2 guys with improved skill feat on craft like 3 will be the bow maker, 5 weapon maker and 5 armor maker. 10 lv1 guys to help each lv 2 so i can add 10 DC to quicken things. The 5 lv 1 that left will work on the shop, clean things, etc...

the level 6 guy (wizzard) will create wands, because just 4 levels spells can be created, so no need of more caster level.

the level 5 guy (wizzard) will brew some potions

My cohort (wizzard too) will craft some magic itens, wondorous itens and maybe some rings too.

All the Wizzards can write some scrols....

The rest of the guys will be in town making merchandise, gathering information for the next advnture my party will go, traveling to near cities selling stuff and offering my party“s help in anything people may need.

I want my guild to be an pokemon center``Adventure center``, every adventurer want to go to my place, buy some good stuff, etc... it opens a door to do things like :

a dude almost die for a monster, but ran away and let his items and some partners in pessession of it. Knowing that my guild have adventure seekers (my party) that can help, he went there and ask help on killing it and rescue the rest of the guys and stuff.

Some guys traveling for a long time, stop by my guild and we talk a bit while they take a look on the items, they tell some kind of history of a monster they are searching and go away. My party were interested in the history and decide to check this monster and we go after it too...

This way i make the adventure come to us!

What do you think?
Missing something?
Advices?
Any opinion?

Thanks!

fishyfishyfishy
2015-01-07, 01:39 PM
There is only one z in Wizard.

That said, this seems like something you should talk over with your DM. Make sure that they are comfortable with this idea and that the campaign will support this type of play style. Some games don't give you the time necessary to invest in things like this. Additionally, if the Artificer class is available you might want to make your cohort one. It is the best magic item crafter there is.

Deadline
2015-01-07, 02:00 PM
Other useful magic items you may want to offer:

Everburning Torch
Everfull Mug
Everlasting Rations
Provisions Box
Everlasting Feedbag
Survival Pouch
Traveler's Cloak
Personal Oasis
Trollgut Rope

There are tons of low cost magic items that can work great for adventurers in addition to the standard mundane and alchemical gear.

Raul Lećo
2015-01-07, 02:02 PM
My DM will allow it i think, we“ve been talking about this some times... so i think its ok, i dont show how it will work like now, but the main idea i already spoke to him...

LoL i“d bet my life that Wizard have 2 Z hahahah im Brazilian :/

I cant use artificer, we are playing very strict to the core books

Thanks Deadline, i totally forget about this little but usefull itens haha

fishyfishyfishy
2015-01-07, 02:08 PM
My DM will allow it i think, we“ve been talking about this some times... so i think its ok, i dont show how it will work like now, but the main idea i already spoke to him...

LoL i“d bet my life that Wizard have 2 Z hahahah im Brazilian :/

I cant use artificer, we are playing very strict to the core books

Thanks Deadline, i totally forget about this little but usefull itens haha

Does that include sources for items? Magic Item Compendium seems like it would be your best friend for an endeavor like this.

Speaking of...take a look at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items).

Raul Lećo
2015-01-08, 06:07 AM
I dont think magic items compendium will be a good idea since im playing the core books only..... i found a app that have nice things about d20 SRD and pathfinder PRD. It have all about the core books and a little more.

RelentlessImp
2015-01-08, 08:21 AM
There is only one z in Wizard.

http://www.norphil.co.uk/2011/images/110308_1st_rincewind.jpg
Rincewind disagrees with your assertion.

Deadline
2015-01-08, 10:58 AM
I dont think magic items compendium will be a good idea since im playing the core books only..... i found a app that have nice things about d20 SRD and pathfinder PRD. It have all about the core books and a little more.

Ah, that eliminates everything except the everburning torch from my list then.

Raul Lećo
2015-01-08, 11:31 AM
Yeah hahaha

But i apreciate the sugestions, maybe in the next table ^^

We are playin just a basic game with the core books, it“s our first time playin, my DM dont even make use of skills, just basic battles and stuff...

Trasilor
2015-01-08, 11:55 AM
Yeah hahaha

But i apreciate the sugestions, maybe in the next table ^^

We are playin just a basic game with the core books, it“s our first time playin, my DM dont even make use of skills, just basic battles and stuff...

I was going to suggest that you have all of your followers be clerics and you cast raise dead on a bunch of dead squirrels to create a small army of tireless workers that never rest, never need to be fed and never paid. Your clerics would all be neutral with the ability to Rebuke/Command undead. Then they basically run the shop with the undead squirrels working like an assembly line creating products.

:smallbiggrin:

But I don't think you want to make your DM's head explode.

Of course you are missing like 50% of what an adventurer needs - adventures. Team up your 'adventure shop' with a tavern that caters to adventurers. I would go over the top stereotypes - all wine is Elven, all Mead/Ale is dwarven, all cooks are halflings, half-orc bouncers, and an ex-adventurer surely bartender with a heart of gold (you get the idea) - make sure you have a stage for the bards too. These NPCs do not need to be part of your followers - just people you hire.

I wouldn't worry too much about competition - your bartender (which you might want to make a follower) can act as a gatekeeper to the adventures you want to take. :smallamused:

Just be sure to invest in some reinforced tables and chairs from the eventual bar fights. :smalltongue:

Raul Lećo
2015-01-08, 08:18 PM
Im sure to build a tavern too man, but i want to take one step each time hahaha i have nothing by now... just 1000GP, so i need the money to build a small forgery and when get more money and followers, creating new rooms, building up everything and stuff haha

atemu1234
2015-01-08, 10:56 PM
Im sure to build a tavern too man, but i want to take one step each time hahaha i have nothing by now... just 1000GP, so i need the money to build a small forgery and when get more money and followers, creating new rooms, building up everything and stuff haha

And hope your companions have no sense of personal space.

Raul Lećo
2015-01-09, 05:24 AM
I can build my guild near the capital entrance, so followers can sleep in their houses, eat in their house, etc. I dont waste money paying them those things ^^

By the way: How can i build a house/guild/shop?

Just ask my DM how much is it and how many time to be done?