PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quarterstaff Feats

Vhaidara
2015-01-07, 04:16 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wanted to make a staff focused character. I already have my class base and race set, but I'm looking for feats. So far, I've found...
Quarterstaff Master: Wild a QS one handed. Not helpful.
Tripping Staff: Makes QS a trip weapon. One the list as a maybe
Tripping Twirl: Trip all adjacent enemies with a QS. Requires Weapon Spec, so that's out.

Are there any others out there that people can recommend?

Snowbluff
2015-01-07, 04:44 PM
Uuuuuh... TWF?

What class are you going with? It might be better to get feats based on that, since combat feats tend to suck.

Vhaidara
2015-01-07, 04:45 PM
Half Giant Wizard 3/War Soul Soulbolt Soulknife 2/Bladecaster 9/Hellknight Enforcer 6. Starting with an Int of 12.

Snowbluff
2015-01-07, 06:11 PM
Bladecaster 9

Well there's your problem. :smalltongue:

I kid... or do I? Seriously, TWF with the Arcane Steel stance will net some nice damage.

You know, I kind of want to try a Bladecaster/Evangelist for the evulz. :smalltongue:

Vhaidara
2015-01-07, 06:41 PM
Well there's your problem. :smalltongue:

You know, my first thought when I posted that was "I'm using Bladecaster, Snowbluff's gonna flip"

I'm required to have wizard 9ths by 20 or I get expelled from college, which is why I've got this mess of classes.

I was kind of hoping there were more Quarterstaff specific feats that I had missed.

Snowbluff
2015-01-07, 08:13 PM
I use BC, too. It fills a roll for the progression. The abilities are just a shame. :p

Yeah, as far as I know the only really interesting staff feat I know of is Eilvers School, which is 3.5 and I wouldn't use it anyway. PF doesn't seem to have any good ones.

Beowulf DW
2015-01-07, 08:48 PM
I've always thought that Quarter Staff Master was meant for Staff Magi. Why they didn't simply make it a class feature of that archetype, I have no idea.

Psyren
2015-01-09, 01:18 PM
I've always thought that Quarter Staff Master was meant for Staff Magi. Why they didn't simply make it a class feature of that archetype, I have no idea.

Er... they did :smalltongue: it's just open to other builds that might want it too.

Beowulf DW
2015-01-09, 08:01 PM
Er... they did :smalltongue: it's just open to other builds that might want it too.

What I mean is, "Why did they make it a feat that hardly anyone is going to use, other than the archetype that has a special exception to qualify for it, rather than a class feature?"

Seruvius
2015-01-09, 08:29 PM
Not a quarterstaff feat, but an interesting quarterstaff related is to take an Elvencraft Longbow. ELvencraft makes your longbow work as both the bow and a quarterstaff and just enhance it as a staff, especially good at lower levels ive found.

Sian
2015-01-09, 09:10 PM
if you don't mind diving to 3.5e for feats, theres Eilservs School in Drow of the Underdark ... lets you cast a spell from a staff (as long as the target of the spell is either cast on you or your target) as a swift action if you hit with both ends

Fox5006
2019-03-10, 08:26 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wanted to make a staff focused character. I already have my class base and race set, but I'm looking for feats. So far, I've found...
Quarterstaff Master: Wild a QS one handed. Not helpful.
Tripping Staff: Makes QS a trip weapon. One the list as a maybe
Tripping Twirl: Trip all adjacent enemies with a QS. Requires Weapon Spec, so that's out.

Are there any others out there that people can recommend?

The best feats for a quarter staff user would be the stick-fighting style feat. It's amazing.

JNAProductions
2019-03-10, 09:56 PM
The best feats for a quarter staff user would be the stick-fighting style feat. It's amazing.

Just FYI, you might want to check the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1).

Specifically...

Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last 45 days, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the 45 day threshold without prior Moderator approval.

Don't worry-people make mistakes, and the mods ain't gonna sack you for something like this. But it's something to learn for the feature.