PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Pack Mule Class

Heartspan
2015-01-07, 05:37 PM
You know that guy? That guy who always carries the hero's stuff? Well here's a class to be that guy. Turns out he's pretty strong. Lol, i thought this was a cool concept, but it's the first class i made and i have no sense of balance. I would really love suggestions and comments, both on balance and on additional powers and traits!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eFN1jTohlTWmpnXW4enq3CkW_NGauwhG0ULvWS46QmA/edit?usp=sharing

Rfkannen
2015-01-07, 06:39 PM
Seems like a pretty cool class. However, I would change the capstone a bit, it is less impresive because of pack endurance. I do like pack endurance, however even withought that, it feels like it could be a bit more. Not sure how though.

Heartspan
2015-01-07, 07:14 PM
Yeah, thats a big issue, i'm thinking of just adding DR till i can think of something better

AuraTwilight
2015-01-07, 09:47 PM
5th Edition has avoided having any dead levels whatsoever so far; you might want to reconsider the levels that give nothing.

Also, no subclasses? I consider that one of the most interesting parts of 5E and you're not taking advantage of it.

Heartspan
2015-01-07, 09:53 PM
hmmm, i thought about it, but what kinda subclasses to give for a guy who carries stuff? i'll sleep on it though, this is a work in progress all the way, and i just started, so i'll probs come up with more good stuff

Ziegander
2015-01-08, 05:22 PM
Don't get hung up trying to think of how the subclasses might define different ways for him to carry things, instead think about how carrying different types of things for different people might influence his capabilities. A knight's squire for example might be very different from a necromancer's assistant.

Heartspan
2015-01-08, 05:50 PM
Mmm that is a very good point, i think in the spirit of that, try to incorporate the different type of animals he can aspire to mimic, like the Mule, or the Ox