PDA

View Full Version : Touch spells and fighting styles.

Jlooney
2015-01-07, 06:33 PM
I have a pic who asked me if they took fighter for weapon styles and wanted wizard for shocking grasp and similar spells if they would stack. I told them I don't know. Can anyone please let me know some input. We are only going to about 12th level as of right now.

Edge of Dreams
2015-01-07, 06:47 PM
No, they wouldn't stack. The Fighter fighting styles apply to a weapon held in your hand. A spell is not a weapon, so they don't apply.

Luriant
2015-01-08, 02:04 AM
A cantrip consume your action, and have their own progression of damage (1DX, 2DX, 3DX, 4DX).
Attack consume your action, and if you class have extra attack can make more in the same round.
Your action to make multiple attack, or to make 1 cantrip. I think multiple attack is better, you can add your stat+fighting style to every attack, with every weapon.
Only wizard evocation, cleric knowledge/life with sacred flame, draconic sorcerer with some elemental spells and warlock with eldritch blast can add the stat to the damage.

The only cantrips that you can use:
As a bonus that last 1 minute, Shillelagh from druid. Your quarter staff use Wisdom instead of strengh, and make 1D8+Wisdom of magical bludgeoning damage.
Or Vicious Mockery from Bard, V cantrip as a bonus action, 1D4 and disvantage in the next attack of enemy.