PDA

View Full Version : Fast time demiplanes

Crake
2015-01-08, 04:41 AM
Ok, so a player in one of my games wants to make a fast time flowing demiplane, and I've agreed to allow them to do it, however I'm not sure what speed to cap it at. The player is happy to abide by whatever ruling I put on it, but I'd like to get some pooled knowledge from the playground.

I'm thinking I'll allow the same time rate as the fastest time flowing plane in official content. Currently the only plane i know that flows faster than the material is the plane of dreams, which is 1:10, and that's where I've got my current cap set to. are there any official planes out there that go faster?

Inevitability
2015-01-08, 06:32 AM
The Far Realms, at a 0:1 rate could be considered 'faster'...

Chronos
2015-01-08, 01:14 PM
If you do allow this, make sure to nip any Planar Bubble shenanigans in the bud. He can retreat there to get more downtime, but you can't let him use it in combat.

It seems to me that I've seen an official 100:1 plane somewhere, but I can't remember what it was. And in any event, 10:1 is probably enough.

Crake
2015-01-08, 03:07 PM
If you do allow this, make sure to nip any Planar Bubble shenanigans in the bud. He can retreat there to get more downtime, but you can't let him use it in combat.

It seems to me that I've seen an official 100:1 plane somewhere, but I can't remember what it was. And in any event, 10:1 is probably enough.

Oh yeah, there definitely won't be any planar bubble shenannigans in play. I'm actually the one who suggested this to the player, I just want to know where I should cap it. 10:1 is looking to be more and more like where I should leave it.

Inevitability
2015-01-08, 03:17 PM
Note that the player technically should be able to travel to his plane, then open up a Gate. The player can now attack through the gate at a 10:1 rate. Make sure your player won't try this.

Necroticplague
2015-01-08, 04:14 PM
Erratic Time has a chance of giving you a 1 round: 1 day ration, which is about 1:14400.

Meanwhile, the far realm is infinitely fast: No time ever passes, no matter how much you spend there (presumably, that means people who come out either do so instantly, or don't at all).

atemu1234
2015-01-08, 10:49 PM
Erratic Time has a chance of giving you a 1 round: 1 day ration, which is about 1:14400.

Meanwhile, the far realm is infinitely fast: No time ever passes, no matter how much you spend there (presumably, that means people who come out either do so instantly, or don't at all).

It's a nonstandard time model. You could be ejected at any time.

Deox
2015-01-09, 02:30 AM
It's a nonstandard time model. You could be ejected at any time.

Material Plane time : Far Realm time -> 1 : banana sorbet.