PDA

View Full Version : Book 5 different page numbering system? (no spoilers)

littlebum2002
2015-01-08, 09:50 AM
In previous books, multi-page comics simply had the same page number twice. Bonus strips had the page number of the previous strip along with a lower case letter identifying it as a bonus strip.

In BRitF, every two page strip has an "a" page and a "b" page, and bonus strips follow the same convention as previous books.

Was a reason given for the different numbering system in this book? It really doesn't matter one way or the other, but I'm very curious about it.

Murk
2015-01-08, 10:20 AM
I remember there being some questions about this when someone was looking very carefully at the Giants sneak preview. I think the conclusion of the Giant was "yeah, but it doesn't really matter" and the conclusion of the forum "OF COURSE IT MATTERS".
I don't think the posts of the Giant went into the index, so I can't find 'em right now. I'll look for it some more :)

William Fox
2015-01-08, 10:59 AM
I remember reading the Giant's explanation that yes, it was changed slightly, but it doesn't matter. The reason for the change was for ease on him and the publisher when talking about page numbers and problems that might arise in them. It also has the fortunate side effect of making any fan reference to the books that much easier.

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-01-08, 09:33 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18432929&postcount=130) is what the Giant said.