PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Optimize a FR Cloistered Cleric/Church Inquisitor/Contemplative

WesleyVos
2015-01-08, 10:21 AM
So, I'm entering a Forgotten Realms game and I have a concept for a scholarly cleric focused on buffing and divination. With that in mind, I wanted to run a cloistered cleric/church inquisitor build, going into contemplative.

However, I'm finding it hard to make work, since the requirement for a church inquisitor requires that she be a member of a lawful good church, and there really aren't that many good LG deities in the FR setting (particularly for this concept), and the ones that do exist have pretty crappy domains associated with them. So I put the question to the playground - what's the best way to make this concept work?

Creation rules:
48-point buy (yes, it's a lot, and yes, it's wonderful).
Starting level 5

Decided so far:
Prefer human, but other races are possibilities. I'd rather avoid anything with a level adjustment.
I'd prefer at least a 14 in Intelligence, a 16 in Wisdom, and a 14 in Charisma.

So, suggestions?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all official 3.5e WotC content is permitted, excluding magazines. Third party and homebrew is available on a case-by-case basis.

Inevitability
2015-01-08, 10:41 AM
Random thought: it says the church has to be Lawful Good, not the deity. Maybe a LG priest of a LN/NG deity has started his own church, which you are a follower of? Opens up just a few more possibilities.

Said possibilities increase when you start taking Heretic of the Faith into account.

WesleyVos
2015-01-08, 10:47 AM
That could be a possibility. Which would actually make finding corruption within the organization easier, as it is appealing to characters who already have a penchant for drifting somewhat from their deity's alignment...