PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Troll (An excuse to use a troll doll for a mini)(3.5 Monster Race)(P.E.A.C.H.)

gooddragon1
2015-01-08, 11:59 PM
NOTE: Need advice on Level Adjustment, Hit Dice, and Challenge Rating. Maybe other stuff too...
So, this started as an excuse to use one of these for a mini and then snowballed in my mind:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/84/0e/b1/840eb191771da396f39e95a54790e7be.jpg

Sylvan Troll, Male
Size/Type: Large Giant
Hit Dice: 3d8+3 (16 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 11 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +1 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+10
Attack: Club +6 Melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: Club +6 Melee (1d8+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, fast healing 1
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3, Survival +3
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary or gang (2-4)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

[Not Pictured]
Sylvan Troll, Female
Size/Type: Large Giant
Hit Dice: 3d8 (13 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 11 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +1 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+9
Attack: Club +6 Melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Club +6 Melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, fast healing 1
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 14
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3, Survival +3
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary or gang (2-4)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

Sylvan trolls walk with unusual grace for their size. In addition to their fluid movements, they are also somewhat agile.

A typical adult sylvan troll stands 8 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds. Females are the same height but lighter than males. A sylvan troll’s skin appears nearly humanoid with a few slightly darkened hexagonal clusters on their upper backs and on their forearms and shins. Male sylvan troll hair is usually "einstein with the +2 length enhancement". Female sylvan troll hair is generally long and straight like that of a nymph. Sylvan troll hair is always brightly colored neon in appearance with the most common color being green for males and pink for females. Sylvan trolls tend to cover their hair when hunting if at all possible.

Sylvan Trolls speak Giant and Sylvan.

Combat

Sylvan Trolls are protectors of the wilds and hunters who tend to band together if possible to help each other in combat. Even when confronted with cold iron, sylvan trolls are steadfast in protecting their homes and each other.

Fast Healing (Ex)

A sylvan troll's fast healing does not heal wounds dealt by cold iron weapons. It also slows down to 1 hit point regained per hour after healing up to half of their maximum hit points. This fast healing does not leave scars on the sylvan troll.

Spell-Like Abilities

Female sylvan trolls can use the following spell like abilities
1/day-charm person (DC 13). Caster level 6th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Sylvan Trolls As Characters
Sylvan Troll characters possess the following racial traits.

*+8 Strength (+6 if female), +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution (+0 if female), -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma (+0 if male).
*Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
*Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
*A sylvan troll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
*Low-light vision.
*Racial Hit Dice: A sylvan troll begins with three levels of giant, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +1, and Will +1.
*Racial Skills: A sylvan troll’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 6 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Listen, Spot, and Survival.
*Racial Feats: A sylvan troll’s giant levels give it two feats.
*+1 natural armor bonus.
*Special Attacks (see above): Spell-like abilities (if female).
*Special Qualities: Fast healing 1.
*Automatic Languages: Giant, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven.
*Favored Class: Fighter (www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm) (if male), Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer)` (if female).
*Level adjustment +2.
`A sorcerer variant from unearthed arcana.

===

Sylvan Trolls are the result of the mating of fey and regular trolls. They are much weaker than normal trolls, but in exchange they are much more cooperative and able to pick up adventuring skills to compensate. Male sylvan trolls tend slightly more towards their troll ancestry in traits. Conversely, female sylvan trolls tend slightly more towards their fey ancestry in traits. The combination of the regenerative abilities of troll blood and the innate longevity of fey heritage causes Sylvan Trolls to cease aging after adulthood. This also effectively means that they cannot start at any age beyond adulthood.

===

This idea came from both the troll doll and a d20 modern medusa with fey heritage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/article/20060324a). I'm not sure what their challenge rating should be though. I'm also not sure if the level adjustment is accurate. So there it is :D

aspekt
2015-01-09, 04:12 AM
Because of the doll I figured they wpuld be hermaphroditic xD

In general I like the idea.

gooddragon1
2015-01-09, 04:27 AM
Because of the doll I figured they wpuld be hermaphroditic xD

In general I like the idea.

Honestly, it was either that or this. I chose the latter.