PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4e] IC - The Pearl of Time - combat oriented adventure

TomPliss
2015-01-09, 03:31 AM
Link to the OOC thread. (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?392003-D-amp-D-4e-OOC-The-Pearl-of-Time-combat-oriented-adventure)

As each of you enters a tavern or an inn on your own, you realize that the place you're in is special.
In fact, it isn't special at all, in a way that makes it special : there isn't anything specific from the region you are in, and even if it looks like any random tavern, it seems to try too much to hide the fact that there are weird people here.

In a matter of seconds, though, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. Any chatter ceases, and nearly everyone in the tavern disappear, leaving only a faint cloud of smoke behind.

Only 6 persons remain, including yourself.

The dwarven bartender quickly shouts : "The world needs your help ! We don't have much time, so I'll try to be quick. You know the stories : ancient artifact, great power, dangerous threats, creature-infested dungeon, group of adventurers. It's all real, and guess what, you're the group of adventurers, this time."

After a pause to catch his breath, he continues : "I am a member of an group of Time Watchers. An old traitor from our ranks created an artifact that can stop time in the plane it is in, provided a sufficient knowledge of how to make it work. We caught him a long time ago, but he hid this artifact, the Pearl of Time."

"Somebody apparently became aware that this artifact exists and sent people after it. We sent scouts for it when we found out it is hidden in a series of pocket dimensions large enough to contain a dungeon. Time flows slowly in those, so we must hurry as long as you aren't there : Someone must have sold an access to the planes already."

"You have been select by our Sear, who told us you would be sane enough not to betray each other nor to try to use the Artifact, should you success in your quest to find it. If you have no question, I suggest that you go back through the same door that brought you here, it will send you to the first pocket dimension."

rafet
2015-01-10, 02:28 PM
Leechius
Teifling Warlock
Never caring to have his path decided for him, Leechius, feels the all too familiar build of rage growing. However, considering this a chance to light something or someone on fire, it could be a great way release some of it and just maybe grow his power along the way.

However, Leechius didn’t make this far by rushing headlong into danger.

Leechius starts standing up from his chair. "You know that cute barmaid just handed me this ale, and I was just hoping to try and relax. I think we would have time as well, since if time is slower in there than out here, those we pursue cannot get to far ahead of us, while you take a few questions, yes?" A wiry grin curls around his left lip that appears more menacing, than joyful.

"First, what’s in it for us? And second, can you give us any details, from your scouts, about the trials ahead?"

Anubis Dread
2015-01-10, 07:31 PM
The Pearl of Time eh? A likely story, Gregoras mused. Oh sure all the facts seemed to line up. People had disappeared out of thin air. All the names were names that... okay he didn't know them, but they sounded existent. It all added up, except for one small thing... the bar maids had disappeared. Everyone knew that barmaids were immune to teleportation. It was one of the perks for being initiated into the Secret Society of Snooping Servants. As such, the barmaid had to be in on it... and if the SSSS were involved, it couldn't nearly be as simple as a chronological threat to creation having them be forced to rush into adventuring. S4 didn't play that way.

Let's see... if S4 were involved, then this had to really be a plot by the Ministry of Maniacal and Menacing Minions. While the S4 was hardly benevolent, the M4 was much worst. If the M4 were involved that meant... it had to be a ploy to gain access to some sort of magical artifact to forward their cheese based agenda. But what sort of artifact could they... of course! They intended to bring their curdling equipment into the slow time plane! With the extra time to curdle their dairy based creations, they could create an army of cheese golems in merely a fraction of the time! They had to be stopped!

"Don't worry, we'll stop this vile dairy incursion before it can even begin! Right, Professor Quakers Ducksire the Third?" Gregoras paused for a few moments. "Quakers says yes."

Necroticplague
2015-01-10, 08:30 PM
A rather large, thick-furred dog in the corner seems to grow bored of ganwing on the bone in its mouth as it heads towards the bar. One quick blur of motion later, the dog becomes a women leaning back in a stool, using a funny-looking blade to pick her teeth. She thinks over this deal for a little with a bit of a smile. Things on this kinda scale are usually a bit above her normal grade, but that probably means the reward should be as well.

"Just point me in the right direction. Need a hurry, you wont get much faster moving than I."

TomPliss
2015-01-11, 05:35 AM
The dwarf seems a bit puzzled by your answers.

"Well, at least, I have a few positive answers. The time is thousands times slower in the pocket dimensions than here, not the other way around. Hours are lost each time we talk, here.
About that, open the door and you will see big circle or stone. You have to push the 4 buttons at the same time to activate it, before you can go through. It should take a few seconds so you should do it sooner rather than later..."

rafet
2015-01-11, 08:36 PM
"I still believe your science is all wrong, dwarf, but I don't like wasting my time with such meaningless debates." Leechius follows with a smug look. "Nor do I care anymore to bother with the details" He disappears in a burst of fire, reappearing again out of large single flame, concealing his appearance for just a moment, by the door. "Are we ready now?" A stern look of impatience crosses his face.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-11, 08:38 PM
"The longer we wait, the longer our our enemies have time to prepare! Let's go before they prepare any culinary counter measures," Gregoras agreed.

GPuzzle
2015-01-11, 08:53 PM
"Hey, let the dwarf speak! He probably knows more than we do.", says the iron-clad deva sitting in the corner trying to look unsuspicious: it's probably not working.

TomPliss
2015-01-12, 12:58 AM
"Open the door and press the buttons, then. Our sensors indicate that there might be up to a few dozen portals between here and the Pearl Of Time. The scouts reported many traps and monsters, even in the first plane, so be prepared to face them. The portal should bring you somewhere safe, and will send you with your usual equipment, as well as an extra backpack with some special items for this mission. Now, if you have any question left, I will answer them while the first portal activates."

rafet
2015-01-12, 01:12 PM
Quickly snapping a snarl over at the Deva who challeneged him, "..." after a short pause a sarcastic glee comes over Leechius's face he turns towards the dwarf, "Hey some fricken answers finnaly! Shame they lack real details, but there is always so little to truly hope for."

Scanning across the room to his would be companians he grumbles to himself, 'My god I'm going to be annoyed.' Wanting nothing more than to light a face on fire, or be left alone Leechus barks, "Long enough chat here, let's move!" And he heads out the door.

Drakeburn
2015-01-12, 07:46 PM
Leodor Wildroot
Elf Druid

In one of the dark corners of the tavern, an elven stranger finishes his cup of wine. His mind was elsewhere, thinking about his destroyed homeland. He noticed that most of the people in the tavern have vanished, and listened to what the dwarven bartender had to say. He stayed in his seat until the tiefling barked an order to get moving. He wondered why the Time Watchers would choose them to retrieve the Pearl of Time. Surely there would've been somebody more capable of accomplishing the quest than the odd bunch that didn't disappear from the tavern.

"Very well." Leodor spoke up, getting up from his seat.
"I'll come along as well, even though I question the tiefling's leadership."

With that said, Leodor makes his way to the door.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-12, 09:45 PM
"Now now, tieflings make fine leaders by nature," Gregoras remarked, following the others. "They actually built the first friendship in the early second century. Of course back then the term was labelled after Sir Isaac Litigus Friend, and it was actually a battle cruiser the size of a continent. Since they were away from shore for months at a time, more than any other ship of the age, the people on board bonded famously. Hence friendship became the vernacular for a close companionship with another. Unfortunately the shop was eventually sunk by narwhals." He sighed. "A tragedy only a narwhal would have the evil heart to commit."

Drakeburn
2015-01-12, 10:11 PM
"That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard." Leodor says in Elven.
"I know humans can commit heartless acts, but I didn't know they can talk mindless gibberish as well." He says in elven again before storming out of the tavern.

"And to believe they called me wild." Leodor muttered under his breath in common as he followed the tiefling.

TomPliss
2015-01-13, 02:13 AM
Behind the door, the adventurers see a vertical circle of black stone, 6'5" high (2m). In its center is a vortex, looking like a lake of shady water, magically held not to flood the inn.

As the door is opened, the dwarf announce, apparently proud of it : "This is the portal that will lead you in the first pocket universe. Please step in. I wish you good luck."

Beta Centauri
2015-01-13, 02:54 AM
Alejandro twirls his staff in a salute and snaps his visor in place. He makes a few divine passes on his breastplate and then hurtles through the portal with the others.

Necroticplague
2015-01-13, 03:23 AM
"Whelp, no time like the present". Another blur of motion, and women is again wolf, leaping through the portal.

rafet
2015-01-13, 06:20 AM
Ignoring the leadership conversation, as something Leechius does not want to be. "'Bout time" Into the portal he steps, praying to whatever god or devil will hear him, 'Please let some of them be sane.'

TomPliss
2015-01-13, 09:03 AM
As the adventurers step through the portal, the dwarf shout one last sentence : "The scouts told us he left tips for you near the exit portal !".

After a few seconds of what feels like being flushed over by waves, the party step out of a portal, as dry as they entered it.

The adventurers are in what seems to be a room in a dungeon, with stone floor, walls, and ceiling, torches hanging every few paces on the walls and columns. There is no other living soul in sight, but one goblin corpse lies down near the portal. It is pierced in the feet, calves, knees, hands, elbows, and shoulders.

A nearby scroll, kept in place thanks to a dagger, reads :
"There is a portal that will bring you closer to the Pearl, a thousand feet to the west.
There are a few dozen Goblins in this pocket dimension.
They seem oblivious to the portals.
They don't seem very aggressive towards the wild animals here.
We're spotted giant rats, beetles, and bats here.
The compass will indicate the north and will try to sniff the Pearl."

A bag, nearby, contains a dozen rations and a compass, a green needle indicating the right of the room, a blue needle indicating forward, toward the only exit of the room.

Other than that, the room seems empty.

GPuzzle
2015-01-13, 09:41 AM
"I'll stay behind to guard the exit. I suppose you guys wouldn't have liked to be stuck in a dungeon."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-13, 11:31 AM
"A riddle, hm," Gregors mused, looking over the page thoughtfully. After stepping through the portal of course. Wait... what if he DIDN'T step through the portal and he was here anyway? What if he'd just hallucinated stepping through? This could still be in the same inn! But why would someone want to do something like that? It could be the perfume salesmen... it wasn't their MO, but all perfume was a potent hallucinogen. Someone could have unknowingly sprayed hte entire inn with it. Unless... oh, a riddle! Where'd this come from?

"...interesting. There are too many layers here for me to puzzle out reliably," Gregoras admits. "But it seems as though the reference to the cardinal directions is actually code for the two main fruit companies, Bananas Inc and Apples Plus. West refers to Bananas Inc, and it claims there are many goblins in that area. This HAS to be a reference to the gagnin fruit, a rare fruit that is only sold on Tuesdays and only know the code word. It must be some sort of storage facility... the fact that they're oblivious to the portals means that we have a chance to eliminate their whole supply while their attention is elsewhere! And... I don't know what it means by giant animals, what do you think Quackers?" Gregoras was quiet for a moment. "Quackers says he thinks it's a d*** joke. It's as good an explanation as any I suppose."

Pausing for a moment, Gregoras continued. "So the note is clear - we must find this portal in a direction unspecified in the note, and smash this entire supply of fruit before they wise up."

rafet
2015-01-13, 01:00 PM
Looking at the strange man with the fox skin on his head with the most dumbfounded of looks on his face, "I don't know who you are, but your insane, but honestly, if 'smashing fruit' means 'killing goblins,' then let's try a fruit fry recipe I have in mind." Switching his gaze to the dead to dead goblin, "But let's maybe sort things out first, like checking what this green arrow is pointing too, and checking those wounds from goblin are just from the scout who left the bag."

'Dammit, if I could be just a bit more patient, I wouldn't be the one giving obvious directions' His gaze looks over at few of the quieter, more normal looking company 'Still...' the last thought in his head

"Speaking of which," Leechius reaches down to grab the bag, "I'll hold on to this being one of the few sane ones here"

Drakeburn
2015-01-13, 05:30 PM
As soon as Leodor steps through the portal, and finds himself in a stone brick dungeon. There, he can see a goblin corpse.

He comes closer to investigate the dead goblin.

"What have I gotten myself into this time?" He whispered to himself.

Perception check for the dead goblin: [roll0]

Necroticplague
2015-01-13, 09:36 PM
While various compatriots busy themselves with the finer details of a corpse and bemoaning there current status, a wolf sniffs around closer to the door, black eyes searching for more relevant signs: How long since someone else was here? Given how the dwarf said time worked, that corpse could be hours old. Old enough for an ambush to be set up in revenge...
[roll0]

TomPliss
2015-01-14, 03:22 AM
The corpse looks like nearly any goblin. He has been tortured with a dagger, most likely the one (or one with the same shape) holding the scroll (though it has been cleaned). He's been finally killed a few hours ago.
You also notice a recent crossbow-bolt wound (a few hours old), and older rat bites (days old). He doesn't wear anything, and traces over his body indicates that he didn't wear anything when he was alive.
You don't think that this goblin would have been a real danger in combat.

The room is rectangle, 30' by 50' (9m by 15m). The portal is at the middle of one of the short side, and you can see a 10' wide corridor making a T-junction after a few paces, on the other side of the room.
The room is a bit dusty, and you can see wide footprints, most likely made by dwarves, around the portal and narrower and bloody ones, from the corridor to the goblin.
Apart from those and the 2 bolts stuck in the wall near the corridor, you can't see any trace of life here, until you quickly notice a giant rat crossing the T-junction (from the right to the left).

Beta Centauri
2015-01-14, 06:28 PM
Alejandro mutters a benediction for the tortured goblin, then gathers up his share of the rations and goes to the exit, to look peer down it, on guard. "Do what you need to here. I am prepared to leave when the group is, and I'll take point."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-14, 07:18 PM
"Time is of the essence if we don't want to be groin deep in gouda," Gregoras agreed, following his companions lead.

Necroticplague
2015-01-14, 08:03 PM
The wolf that was sniffing around the door lets out several mixed growls and barks as its companions move out the door. Realizing its not going to be understood, it then runs up to the plated warrior before returning back to a human so it can speak. "Not in armor like that, you won't be. If there's a trap, you won't be able to dodge it as well as I with all that armor strapped to you. I'll be a bit ahead of you.". Without waiting for a response, she returns to her more lupine form and runs a bit ahead.

rafet
2015-01-14, 08:06 PM
"I'll follow" Leechius replies with the bag in hand, "Anyone else want a share of their rations just ask" And with that he stands near half-elf paladin.

Drakeburn
2015-01-14, 09:51 PM
"This goblin was tortured with a dagger and killed by the shot from a crossbow." Leodor says as he gets up.

"We should move on."

The elf druid stands behind the tiefling, reaching into his cloak for his totem.

TomPliss
2015-01-15, 02:53 AM
As you reach the T-junction, you can see torches hung every few paces on the walls of the corridor. The section to your left turns right and the section to your right turns left, both after 30 feet (10m).

The most sensitive of you (Centabra, Leodor, and Gregoras) can see a giant rat fleeing you on your right, and smell a musty chlorine odour from the left.

Beta Centauri
2015-01-15, 11:11 AM
"Not in armor like that, you won't be. If there's a trap, you won't be able to dodge it as well as I with all that armor strapped to you. I'll be a bit ahead of you.". Without waiting for a response, she returns to her more lupine form and runs a bit ahead.Alejandro shrugs. "Depends on the nature of the trap, I'd think. But go ahead."

"This goblin was tortured with a dagger and killed by the shot from a crossbow." Leodor says as he gets up. "So, not by a trap, then?"

At the intersection, Alejandro says, "Let's go right and keep going right when we can. That will keep us from getting lost."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 11:28 AM
Hm, chlorine... why would their be chlorine in a fruit warehouse? Unless... they were planning to poison their fruit supply to lower global population! While an admirable goal since the worlds population was large enough the moon risked crashing into the world, this wasn't the way to do it.

"I smell something from the left. We should probably check it out," Gregoras noted.

Beta Centauri
2015-01-15, 11:30 AM
"I smell something from the left. We should probably check it out," Gregoras noted. "Seconded. Let's get moving."

rafet
2015-01-15, 02:11 PM
"Alright, and keeping left at every turn?"

Beta Centauri
2015-01-15, 02:13 PM
"Alright, and keeping left at every turn?" "If we can. But as long as we retain the compass we probably won't get too lost."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 02:25 PM
"Besides, Quackers has a photographic memory. No matter which ways we go he'll always be able to find his way back. Right Quackers?" Gregoras paused for a moment, before laughing. "Oh Quackers!"

Necroticplague
2015-01-15, 03:17 PM
The wolf considers weighing in on the subject of direction, but ultimately decides this constant changing is getting annoying. Besides, they seem rather unanimous on the subject that they approach the unpleasant spell. Honestly, seems like a bad idea to move towards a poisonous stench, but if these nutters want to do it, she might as well go along. She actually goes more than a bit along, running a bit ahead to that she can check things out without the man wearing enough metal to make all the weapons she wears 5 times over giving her away.

Going to be 6 squares ahead (slightly less than my move).
Rolling stealth:[roll0]

TomPliss
2015-01-15, 03:30 PM
Reaching the corner before her companions, Centabra hears soemthing talking as the discover that there is a room 10 feet further.
It seems to be at least 50 feet across, with the entrance corridor reaching near one of its corner, and another exit in view, near the next corner.

Necroticplague
2015-01-15, 11:36 PM
Centabra froze. She didn't really have any good options. If she tried to tell her friends about what she heard, she'd alert the enemies. If she said nothing, they'd keep walking, and the small shack worth of metal would give them away anyway. But then, a solution strikes her: The note said they weren't attacking the wildlife, right? Well, guess who happens to be an animal right now! To this effect, she walks into the room, disinterestedly looking around the place for where she might get a good ambush when her allies arrive.

TomPliss
2015-01-16, 10:01 AM
Centabra enters the 50' by 100' room, as her companions reach the corner of the corridor, behind her.
She can see a big smelly puddle, surrounded by 2 steel cages containing Giant black beetles, aggressively trying to escape and charge her. Behind the little pool is a dozen goblins, most of them playing with dice and cards, talking and laughing. A pair of hobgoblins are behind, near another entrance of the room, one of them in armor while the other wears a robe.

Drakeburn
2015-01-16, 01:51 PM
Goblins and beetles, Leodor thought to himself from behind the wolf of the group.
He recalled what the note said about wildlife. Taking advantage of his options, he concentrates to changing himself to look like a dire rat.

Use Wild Shape to change myself to look like a dire rat (which is a medium sized natural beast).

TomPliss
2015-01-16, 08:55 PM
http://puu.sh/eCxud/75ebaf6898.jpg
http://puu.sh/eCxxP/db8d4f74b3.jpg

[ not depicted : the 2 giant beetle are still in their steel cages ]

Drakeburn
2015-01-19, 09:17 PM
Leodor skitters to the wolf's side, ready to strike at anything that gets close.

Move next to Centabra, and hold my action.

Necroticplague
2015-01-20, 05:58 AM
The wolf leaps into action as her allies round the corner., trying to take out the ones closer to the beetle cages first; she'd much rather those bugs stay caged up. A short leap, at the force from her hitting the ground seems amplified, turning a normal tap into a resounding thunderclap that assaults the near goblins.

Move action: Get into upper-right corner of the square in between the 8 goblins.
Standard: Five Storm Attack, using Club as an implement.
Damage:[roll0]
Attack rolls:Vs. Reflex
Goblin2:[roll2]Vs. Reflex
Goblin3:[roll3]Vs. Reflex
Goblin4:[roll4]Vs. Reflex

If any of the above hit, I use Centered breath flurry on any of those who weren't killed by the Five Storms, preferring in this order:
1.The one above me, who is slid into the space to my left.
2.The one to my right, who is slid into the space below me.
3.The one on the upper-left, who is slid into the space to my left.
4. The one to the lower-right of me, who is slid into the space below me.
Whoever is the target of my Flurry takes 8 damage.

TomPliss
2015-01-20, 06:20 AM
As the clashing winds awaken most of the goblins in the rooms, the four near Centabra fall to the ground, not moving anymore.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-20, 10:59 AM
Time for battle! That fruit would be destroyed if it was the last thing he did!

Stepping around the corner, Gregoras raises his staff and causes a cascade of lighting to fall down upon the goblin enemies. Then he brings forth his true power - a somewhat disheveled looking giant duck appeared in a space adjacent to the wolf.

Vanguard's Lightning in a way that hits four of the goblins.

[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] vs Reflex
[roll2] vs Reflex
[roll3] vs Reflex

Also using Minor action to summon Spirit Companion. As a reminder anyone who starts their turn next to it can shift as their first action and gains a +3 bonus to attack rolls vs bloodied enemies.

TomPliss
2015-01-20, 11:10 AM
After thunder, lightning strikes and kills 3 more goblins.

Last goblin of the 8 is on the first on the left column, and has a Mighty Duck adjacent.

rafet
2015-01-20, 04:23 PM
"Here we go" he whispers to himself gleefully. Disappearing into a flame, to reappear again with red hellish smoke appearing again just behind the closer cage, near the enough to go around once the more melee folks get through. He takes a moment to set a hateful gaze on it. Then pointing at the last goblin, and he let loose some of the anger he's had at the dwarf from earlier.

Move: Shadow Walks
Minor Action: Curse the last goblin of the group
Major Action: Hellish Rebuke
HIT [roll0]
DMG[roll1]

Beta Centauri
2015-01-20, 07:01 PM
Alejandro nods appreciatively at the damage as he walks into the room and takes up a defensive stance with his quarterstaff.

Move: Adjacent to Spirit Companion.
If that leaves him with a Standard: Full defense.

TomPliss
2015-01-21, 02:11 AM
While the Half-Elf goes near the Beetle's cage, the giant animal rears as much as possible before trying to charge, only hitting the steel bars of its cage, bending them a bit.

TomPliss
2015-01-21, 03:35 PM
http://puu.sh/ePZlP/e987d98f70.jpg
http://puu.sh/ePZqH/8e5c5bac7d.jpg

Drakeburn
2015-01-24, 12:01 AM
Leodor follows the half elf, and he turns back into an elf.
From behind the half elf, Leodor lashes out a whip of thorns from his totem and strikes at the hobgoblin with the staff.

Move to behind Alejandro
Change back into an elf
Use thorn whip on the hobgoblin with the staff.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Effect: Pulls the target two squares.

TomPliss
2015-01-24, 08:23 AM
Resisting from Leodor's thorn whip, the hobgoblin retalitates using his own magic staff to push the Druid into the puddle. Leodor can already feel his sandals melting in the acid.
Attack [roll0] vs Leodor's Fortitude (15)
Damage [roll1] and push 3 squares toward the puddle.

Afer a quick shout toward the few goblins alive, the armored Hobgoblin charges Alejandro, only to see his hit totally absorbed by the armor.
Attack [roll2] vs Alejandro's AC (22)
Damage [roll3]

TomPliss
2015-01-24, 08:33 AM
A goblin with an axe too big for his size charges at the same time as his chief, with another target but the same result.

Attack : [roll0] vs Centabra's AC (25)
Damage : [roll1]

Another goblin, with only a club in his hand tries to use the confusion to reach one of the giant Beetle's cage.

Seeing the defeat already there, the 2 Goblin javelineers retreat.

http://puu.sh/eXpf5/e7832ebaff.jpg
http://puu.sh/eXpgd/de4f91104e.jpg

rafet
2015-01-24, 09:32 PM
As everyone moves into position, Leechius moves out with his shadow walk three steps to the left. Spotting the goblin running to the cage, he shoots a dark eerie blast at it, hoping he isn't noticed by the beetles.

Hit: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Stealth Check: [roll2]
I believe that's how it works using an attack while being concealed?

TomPliss
2015-01-25, 04:20 AM
A bolt emerges from the warlock's shadow and hits the goblin in the head, taking him down.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-25, 01:01 PM
One of his companions was injured! Easy enough to fix. Sending a surge of healing power to the acid soaked druid, Gregoras moved closer to the action and ordered his duck to attack.

Healing Spirit on Leodor, the secondary [roll0] hp goes to whoever is wants it and is next to the spirit. Follow that up with Defending Strike against the nearest goblin.

DS: [roll1] vs Reflex
Damage: [roll2] and spirit provides +1 AC to adjacent allies for one turn.

Necroticplague
2015-01-25, 02:03 PM
The wolf moves towards the hobgoblins, hoping to slow them down. She moves past both the goblins with the axe and the warrior hobgoblin, staggering like she'd had a few too many at the bar back there. She continues this loping movement as she slams her body towards the armored hobgoblin, then the magic-user, trying to send the two into a violent union.

Move:Drunken Monkey Movement to square in between the two hobgoblins. (+2 AC vs. OA).
Standard:Drunken Monkey Attack (using club as implement) towards the armored hobgoblin hobgoblin that I currently have combat advantage against (due to flanking)
Attack (includes advantage bonus):[roll0] Vs. Will.
If it hits, use Flurry of Blows on the staff-wielding hobgoblin, sliding them 1 to the right and doing 8 damage.
Damage:[roll1], slide armored hobgoblin down one, he makes basic attack against staff-wielding hobgoblin (wiss +2 to attack from my WIS).

TomPliss
2015-01-26, 02:30 AM
The Duck spirit seems a bit distracted by the way Centabra moves, reminding him too much how his master usually moves, and misses his goblin, while the monk pushes the armored hobgoblin toward his team-mate, showing him hit to strike.
This seems much easier than on an armored Paladin, and he slashes his companion without any difficulty.

Beta Centauri
2015-01-29, 12:31 PM
Alejandro whirls his staff, and calls upon the power of Corellon to show the hobgoblin the error of its ways. In answer to this call, a ghostly shield, marked with the star of Corellon appears before Alejandro's nearest ally.

Minor: Mark adjacent hobgoblin.
Standard: Shielding Smite vs. AC of adjacent hobgoblin. (1d20+8=10, 2d8+3=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4762819/) Miss.
Effect: One ally within 5 squares of Alejandro (I'm choosing the nearest one; I can't tell who's who) gets a +1 bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.
Move: None.
End of turn: Engaged enemy, divine challenge continues

Alejandro al-Faisal, Half-elf Paladin, Level: 4
AC: 22 (10, +2 level, +8 armor, +1 defensive weapon, +1?)
Fort: 17 (10, +3 Str, +2 level, +1 class, +1 enhancement)
Ref: 15 (10, +1 Int, +2 level, +1 class, +1 enhancement)
Will: 17 (10, +3 Cha, +2 level, +1 enhancement, +1 class)
HP: 46/46 Surge Value: 11 Surges Remaining: 11/11
Initiative: +2 (+2 level)
Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 11, Low-light vision
Passive Insight: 11
Action Point: 1 [ ]
Second Wind: [ ]
Implement attack modifier: +6 (+3 Cha/Str, +2 level, +1 enhancement)
Weapon attack modifier +8 (+3 Str/Cha, +2 level, +1 enhancement, +2 proficiency)
Damage modifier: +4 (+3 Str/Cha, +1 enhancement)

Drakeburn
2015-01-29, 10:39 PM
Acid! Leodor realized with wide eyes as he stepped away from the puddle.
Feeling his pain easing ever so slightly, Leodor steps back into the battle.
From his totem, the elf druid fires out a seed at the feet of the hobgoblin attacking the half-elf. Flames instantly leap out of the seed, jumping out at the hobgoblin and forming a ring of fire around it. Now the paladin stands in a flaming spot, with the flames leaving the half-elf unharmed.

Move: To behind the paladin.
Standard Action: Flame Seed
Effect: Creates a fiery zone in the squares adjacent to the target. Any enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there take 4 fire damage.

Health from Healing Spirit: [roll2]

TomPliss
2015-01-31, 09:26 AM
Missing the armored hobgoblin, Alejandro stills boosts Centabra's AC with his words, and Leodor manages to spawn a circle of flame from the same hobgoblin without harming him.

Panicked by the flames and the assault from his team-mate, the Hobgoblin Mage misses Centabra with his staff.
Attack : [roll0] vs AC (26)
Damage : [roll1]

The armored goblin, feeling taunted by Alejandro's armor and defensive stance, tries to attack him once more, and finally strikes hard enough.
Attack : [roll2] vs AC (22)
Damage : [roll3]

And the goblin with the giant Axe finally tries fight back the duck.
Attack : [roll4] vs Duck's AC (19)
Damage : [roll5]

http://puu.sh/fhkKh/5a5f4c88d1.jpg
http://puu.sh/fhkS1/995b3ede36.jpg

Necroticplague
2015-01-31, 10:25 AM
Centabra continues her good habit of dodging pretty much everything that comes her way, jumping between the two hobgoblins before releasing a burst of psionic force to knock them down.

Move:Eternal Mountain Movement:Shift to the upper-left 1 square, gain resist 0 to all damage.
Standard: Eternal Mountain Attack, using club as implement
Armored:[roll0] vs. FORT
Staff:[roll1] vs. FORT
Any that are hit take [roll2] damage and are knocked prone.
If anyone is hit, use Flurry of Blows on the Staff-wielding hobgoblins, sliding him 1 square to the right and doing 8 damage

TomPliss
2015-01-31, 10:52 AM
Felling like a mountain just hit him, the Hobgoblin Mage falls to the ground, unconscious, next to his bloodied armored mate.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-31, 01:22 PM
"QUACKERS! NOOOOOOO- oh wait." Flicking his wrist, Quackers again appears, this time closer to the armored hobgoblin rather than the axe wielding one. Quackers glares at their armored enemy letting out a huge quack loud enough to shatter bone.

Minor to summon Quackers down one and left one from where he was before. Then, Call to the Savage Elder!

Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Effect: If it hits, +4 to the damage of any attacks allies make while adjacent to the companion

rafet
2015-01-31, 07:04 PM
Smelling the weakness coming off the armored goblin, the warlock places his curse. A flame shaped image appears upon the forehead of bloodied creature, Leechius next sends a stream of thirsty darkness towards his victim.

Minor: Warlock curse on the armored goblin
Standard: Vampire Embrace-Constitution vs. Will
Hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]
Gains temp 9 hit points (5+4 int mod)
If the hit is successful, Leechius moves through the acid, without shadow walk, enjoying the burning feeling as he moves to stand in front of crazed shaman

Beta Centauri
2015-02-02, 01:42 AM
Alejandro takes heart from the worthy opponent before him and puts extra flourish into his attack. The attack doesn't seem to faze the soldier, but the holy mark remains upon it. Alejandro circles, looking for a better angle.

Standard: Valiant Strike vs. AC of nearest Hobgoblin. (1d20+9=21, 1d8+4=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4765146/) 10 damage if that hits. Are monster defenses listed anywhere, because if so then I could just tell you if I hit or not.
Move: Shift to square north of same hobgoblin.
End of turn: Divine Challenge sustains.

HP: 37/46
AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 15 Will: 17

TomPliss
2015-02-02, 02:09 AM
The three strikes all hit and finish to take down the armored hobgoblin, leaving only the Axe-wielding one alive.

Drakeburn
2015-02-02, 10:55 AM
Only one foe was left standing, but not for long.
Leodor let himself change into the form of a gray wolf, eager to achieve the final kill.
He rushes to the goblin with the axe before leaping at the goblin with all the strength he had to offer.

Minor Action: Use Wild Shape

Move Action: Move to the goblin with the axe

Standard Action: Use Pounce

Pounce
Effect: The target grants combat advantage for the next creature that attacks it before the end of your next turn.

TomPliss
2015-02-02, 03:54 PM
Another wolf, another kill.
The Goblin is down, there doesn't seem to be anymore opposition in this room.
Two Goblin javelineers have escaped during the battle, though.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-03, 12:06 AM
"The fruit guardians have been defeated. Good work everyone," Gregoras nods. "Is anybody injured?"

Still have a use of Healing Spirit if anyone wants it and/or the extra hp from the rider

Beta Centauri
2015-02-03, 03:15 AM
Alejandro declines the shaman's healing. He's ready to continue at any time.

Necroticplague
2015-02-03, 03:43 AM
The original wolf simply solemly shakes its head at the offer of healing. Those guys couldn't hit the broad side of its flank.

Drakeburn
2015-02-03, 12:07 PM
Leodor replied to the healing Gregoras offered by simply shaking his head.
As a wolf, he inspects the goblin corpses for anything interesting worth taking.

Perception check: [roll0]

rafet
2015-02-03, 01:39 PM
"No thanks, should we try to catch the other two before they warn others?" The hungry look on Leechius's face makes it clear he's simply interested in killing more goblins sooner rather later.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-03, 02:11 PM
"Could we catch them at this point?" Gregoras points out. "Goblins were created magically by combining rabit flesh with pirhana saliva. Both of which are rather quick creatures. I don't think any of us are centaurs in disguise... are we?" he raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

Might as well do a Perception check as well. [roll0]

TomPliss
2015-02-03, 03:34 PM
The weapons of the goblins seem rather mundane. Even the Goblin mage's staff doesn't look like more than a carved staff.

A centaur wouldn't fit in any of your companion's body.

Drakeburn
2015-02-03, 04:29 PM
Finding nothing that stands out, Leodor barks to his companions, motioning for them to follow the goblins that escaped.

Beta Centauri
2015-02-03, 04:36 PM
Finding nothing that stands out, Leodor barks to his companions, motioning for them to follow the goblins that escaped. Alejandro stands and takes his place in the marching order, ready to go.

TomPliss
2015-02-04, 05:32 PM
You enter the corridor in which the goblins went and can hear a voice similar to the armored hobgoblin's, from the other end, far away.
As you appraoch a bit, you can also hear many smaller and shireking goblinoid voices, and the metal clatering of an armor.

After a first suspenseful turn, you can hear wood scraching and metal clatering on the floor. It seems close, and you can see the reflection of a bonefire on the wall at the next left turn.

Necroticplague
2015-02-06, 07:42 AM
Hearing the commotion, the wolf scouting out front tries to peer around the corner to see what they heck they're noisily preparing.

Stealth:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]

rafet
2015-02-06, 08:18 AM
His excitement from the first not worn off yet, Leechius creeps forward, letting the lone wolf scout out further. Leechius then peers out, hoping to see what threats he can let his rage burn against.

Stealth
Perception[roll1d20+1

TomPliss
2015-02-06, 09:02 AM
As the wolf takes a peek, the Goblins in front of him quickly shout and point toward him. It doesn't look like they're rushing toward you, but they noticed you.

You are welcomed by a table put no its side, behind which two Goblin javelineers hide, heads and javelin still visible, while one of them should toward the Hobgoblin on their left.

The closest Hobgoblin looks like a black plate armored warrior, with a sword heavier than a Goblin.
The one near the bonefire is in chainmail and wields a big crossbow.

(You'll begin in the grey zone)
http://puu.sh/fNlX3/916f6b5850
http://puu.sh/fNm8v/50f2b2f78b
There is obviously more on the left of the room, but you couldn't see anything from there.
The black lines mark differences in altitude. The little one (on the right and at the bottom) are 2 feet high (60 cm), the big one is 4 feet hight (120 cm).