PDA

View Full Version : Index New Project, Giant City.

Yael
2015-01-09, 06:15 AM
So, I don't really know if this should be in the World-Building subforums, but it is closely related to 3.5, and I want it to be not homebrewed at all (not homebrewed rules, at least). So, Moderators, in all your mighty position, if this thread does belong into the World-Building subforum, feel free to move it or delete it, as you see fit.

What is this about? Great question, fellow playgrounders; this thread is about bringing our ideas of shops, stands, services and vendors in general that conform a big plaza, of a big city. We are no PCs, we are sellers, and we have our own stand. Treat yourself as a NPC, and be creative with your stand, what do you sell, bonus points if you add prices and discounts, misions and/or lore.

For example, I am currently working in a Teleportation service, with an Elan Nomad 9 in charge. I will post the store inside a spoiler in the menu post*, and add it to the list later today, but I wanted this to start. Don't worry, I'm not trying to steal ideas, just to have fun and see what the playground can come up with. Magic Item shop run by an Artificer? Fortune telling service by a Diviner? Exploration services and guidance by a Scout? Go crazy!

I know that the PCs can do anything that a store sells without that much of an investment, but this isn't about what a PC can or cannot do, but what a big Metropolis can and cannot sell.

Rules? Count your shop owner as a PC for determining wealth, however, add its same WBL x1.5, and any item that you may sell is bought by your very own (modified) WBL but with a 90% discount.

For example, "The Traveler" has a WBL of 36,000 gp, because of this rulings, its Base Gold increases to 54,000 gp, he wants to rent/sell Ur-Eponas (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/mainlist2.pl?name=Ur~Epona), and assuming a trained Ur-Epona's cost would be around 3,000 gp (assuming a 7th-level spell to be counted x1.5 times its price), Mr. Travels should use 300 gp/horse, resulting with 53,700 gp, now he has an Ur-Epona he/she can rent/sell on his store. That's kind of what I want to do here. Complicated and time consuming? Yeah... But I find it kinda fun... Heh? Most rules are inside the DMG, go crazy! Your store owners can have stats, for example, The so-mentioned "Traveler" is the Nomad who runs the Giant's Teleportation Service.

* While this is could get big (or terribly ignored), I will reserve two posts, and we'll see what you guys bring.

Yael
2015-01-09, 06:16 AM
Reserved for Stores Index.