PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/Suggestions for a Villian build 3.5

lynxd80
2015-01-09, 10:18 PM
Warning: if you are a member of my Campaign and see this post: Please ignore!

Otherwise, I am running a 3.5 campaign to level 20 (maybe further) and I have a villian whom will, ultimately, be meet and battled toward the very end of the campaign. However, i have yet to stat said vile evil doer and I was hoping that you all could help me figure out what would be appropriate for the character and for level 19-20 players. The concept of this particular villian is Josef Mengele/Nazi-esque as he is a Mad Doctor/Military leader in a steampunk/fantasy world. He runs an organization whom both doctors and polices the world with science and Constructs. His group is obsessed with creating Half-Golem Monstrocities to use as soldiers and culling out "weaker"/"inferior" races to find a means to create the perfect Human and return back to his original plane of existence with these knowledges. He is, secretly, in league with Dark Fae and Demons to do this and is assisting in the revival of a Dark God (promising him this knowledge), while wearing the guise of a man of science and medicine to the remainder of the world.

That all said: What do you all believe would make a proper build for someone like this?

Any and all suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thank you and have an awesome day!

~Lynx D.

rockdeworld
2015-01-10, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a villain the artificer class was made for. Builds homunculi and equips/"enhances" allies to do his fighting for him. I don't know any good specific builds, but you can just give him some ad hoc bonuses/abilities from his dark god associates to make up for any of his own shortcomings.

Dr. Cliché
2015-01-10, 01:48 PM
I was thinking Artificer, too.

Feralventas
2015-01-10, 11:42 PM
Artificer does look like a good start.
Most caster types qualify for Renegade Mastermaker from Magic of Ebberon; a PrC that gradually turns the character from one who makes constructs to one who is a construct. If you want to make better use of the built-in weapon the PrC grants, you can pretty easily pick a demi-caster like a Bard or Ranger which would also explain why he needed to work through constructs rather than spells and magic items on their own; had to build up his construct-based industry before he could have his mass-produced servitors march out to conquer.

Green Star Adept might also work nicely, obsessing over a kind of material needed in their transformation into a construct as they go, and creating a construct army to help search and gather the rare starmetals.

Effigy Master might work if the BBEG's eventual goal is creating a construct to mimic something or someone else and is having to go to great lengths to do so. Both this and GSA are in Complete Arcane.

lynxd80
2015-01-11, 04:17 PM
Warning! If you are a player in my campaign: DO NOT READ THIS!

I'm REALLY digging the idea of the Effigy Master. Is there a link to the PrC anywhere online to look at?In my head and in campaign setting: his group has been experimenting on people and monsters turning them into construct monstrosities shielded under guise of their own flesh... having them been transformed into Effigies might just be perfect! I'm even debating him having decided that the perfect race IS the construct race and perhaps implanting his soul into some sort of magic jar or crystal to power a effigy of himself. Of course, Renegade Mastermaker would just allow him to become a construct and retain all casting abilites... Hmm. The playing I could do with this...

Thanks for all the advice, Guys and/or Gals!

~Lynx D.

Dr. Cliché
2015-01-11, 05:01 PM
I actually had a similar villain idea a while ago, though I never statted him.

Basically, centuries ago, he had created what he believed was the perfect city. However, he also knew that he wouldn't live forever and trusted no one else to maintain said city.

So, he created a construct in his image and with his mindset (more or less), which would continue to rule the city in his place.

I just thought I'd mention this on the off chance you want to use it or it gives you any ideas.

atemu1234
2015-01-11, 05:34 PM
Artificer works, but a transmuter/necromancer works too.