PDA

View Full Version : How to become a God at lv 8

Louro
2015-01-10, 09:40 PM
Pick a bard (who else could be?) and make your way to lv 8.

- Cast disguise self to look apropiate, like a tough handsome guy in shining full plate, a gorgeous woman in semi transparent robes...
- Add fashion with Prestidigitation and 2 thaumaturgy tricks, snake eyes, blue fire instead of hair, sparks, celestial music... whatever fits.
- Make a meteor falls from the sky and hits ground at the desired spot with Major Image (concentration).
- Get yourself there at the right moment using Dimensional Door.
- Use your best performance and thaumaturgy to say: "I am 'epic name', avatar of 'insert God here' ".

Further improvement using Mass Suggestion, Programmed image (no concentration required), Polymorf, and Mislead.

Enjoy your new status before you get killed. HEY! You were a God for a couple of minutes, not even a lv 20 cleric can say that.

Madfellow
2015-01-11, 12:40 AM
This sir is epic! I tip my hat to you!

Rogue Shadows
2015-01-11, 01:02 AM
I...hardly thing I'm qualified to come across all sanctified. I just don't cut it with the cherubim. Then again, they're on their knees...being worshiped is a breeze that rather suits me in the interim.

It's tough to be a god, to tread where mortals dare not trod. To be deified when really I'm a sham. Be the object of devotion? Be the subject of song? It's a rather touching notion, all those prayers and those salaams. And who am I to bridle, if I'm forced to be an idol? If they say that I'm a god, that's what I am!

Enjoy your new status before you get killed.

Hmm, what's more if I don't comply with the local's wishes I can see me being sacrificed or stuffed, very good point...

So I'll be a god! The perks are great. Gold and goodies on a plate. Local feelings should not be rebuffed...

It's tough to be a god, but if I get the people's nod, I'll count my blessings, make 'em sweet - take my advice! Be symbol of perfection, be a legend, be occult! Take a prayer, take a collection as the multitudes exult! Don a supernatural habit - you'd be crazy not to grab it - so sign up a new god for paradise!

PA-RA-DISE...! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotsOGOLOHY)

Tenmujiin
2015-01-11, 02:30 AM
Depending on your cosmology worship may be the only prerequisite for becoming a god so if you could convince enough peasants that you really are a deity then you might just be able to become one. :smalltongue:

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-11, 02:52 AM
I...hardly thing I'm qualified to come across all sanctified. I just don't cut it with the cherubim. Then again, they're on their knees...being worshiped is a breeze that rather suits me in the interim.

It's tough to be a god, to tread where mortals dare not trod. To be deified when really I'm a sham. Be the object of devotion? Be the subject of song? It's a rather touching notion, all those prayers and those salaams. And who am I to bridle, if I'm forced to be an idol? If they say that I'm a god, that's what I am!

Hmm, what's more if I don't comply with the local's wishes I can see me being sacrificed or stuffed, very good point...

So I'll be a god! The perks are great. Gold and goodies on a plate. Local feelings should not be rebuffed...

It's tough to be a god, but if I get the people's nod, I'll count my blessings, make 'em sweet - take my advice! Be symbol of perfection, be a legend, be occult! Take a prayer, take a collection as the multitudes exult! Don a supernatural habit - you'd be crazy not to grab it - so sign up a new god for paradise!

PA-RA-DISE...! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotsOGOLOHY)

I literally just watched this movie on Netflix tonite.

Louro
2015-01-11, 09:54 AM
Well, I don't think you can maintain the play too long, but it can work as a one time encounter epic win.
You can appear at the right moment to delay a war for a couple of days:
- "I am Galheim, avatar of Tempus Lord of War. He sent me to warn you about the army of darkness the orcs are gathering in the north. Even if you join your forces your chances are slim, but my Lord entrusts your bellicist spirit and will support you. He wants to make sure you understand the big war of this era is coming, and in case you don't share his point of view I have been commanded to take the leadership of your armies (unsheathe great sword).
I'm glad you agree with me, but if for any reason I have to come back... there won't be talking.
LET THE BLOOD PAINT THE HISTORY!"

Or to take over a fortress of non-very intelligent creatures, like orcs:
-"I am the will of the Mighty Grumsh on this world. Our time has finally come, our Overlord Grumsh is watching us himself and he is proud of your devotion. PREPARE FOR WAR! The elflings army is coming for us and we will strike them by surprise when they attempt to cross the river (sounds like a good tactical opportunity). Tomorrow morning we will march towards the enemy destruction, and in 2 days we will have no enemies!
Drive the orchestra army out of the fortress and take it over while they wait for the elves on the river.

Or even to grant a second saving roll. Let's said the paladin got dominated by an evil powerful artifact and got mad.
- " Oh my loved loyal hand. I feel really sad that you had lost your way, but I still trust you. You served me well and there is no a statement I could make, therefore I am here to heal the wounds that getting you away from me. As your God I am the one who begs you now, PLEASE! COME BACK TO ME!"
As DM I would allow a second save to overcome any evil possession afflicting a devote character.

Or to even turn a deadly encounter on a walk:
-Loviatar, goddess of lust and pain... Orgy!
Surprise against naked opponents who are already wounded.

---
But there is no way you can maintain the trick for too long. Even if you can recast the appearance illusion someone will eventually find out, and besides some nice plays (mislead, suggestion, enlarge and your charisma skills) you have nothing to support your "deity" status. Its not like an avatar must have all kind of powers, but there should be a REALLy important reason behind an avatar appearance to make it verisimilar. If the reason turns out to he true you can just dissapear, and be happy about the historical fact that you just created. If it turns out to be a lie/treason... you can just disappear happy with the new enemy you acquired.
"Oh, so you are the one who Grumsh is personally looking for? You must be powerful."

Erian
2015-01-11, 09:56 AM
I love the idea! I think I'm gonna roll this on my next char or the next time I DM.

Louro
2015-01-11, 10:17 AM
You! Evil DM!
Mislead OP. Cast it (only somatic component) right after the avatar appearance, and get yourself behind the group. If anyone dares to attack the avatar (illusion), cancel the invisibility and vanish the illusion, to "appear" behind them without casting anything at all.
-" YOU DARE TO ATTEMPT TO HIT "GOD"? I missjudged you wiser, next time I won't be so mercyful."

Dalebert
2015-01-11, 10:26 AM
This could be a key step in a nice con job. Get a player to make a valuable donation at your altar while using Disguise Self to appear to be very ill or maybe afflicted with burn scars. Heap praise upon him for such a generous donation and declare him free of his afflictions upon which he suddenly is "healed" (drops the disguise, obviously). Then vanish quickly before anyone can raise any questions about your divinity via Dimension Door, Misty Step, or just Invisibility.