PDA

View Full Version : Long Lost Magic: It Begins.

Mousedigits
2015-01-11, 12:01 AM
http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/f/f5/Tarrasque.jpg/250px-Tarrasque.jpg

Magic has long been in short supply. Ever since a few centuries ago, magic has been pretty much absent. Noone quite knows what caused the fall of magic on the world of Herus, simply that, all of a sudden, casters couldn't cast. Gods didn't send help to clerics. Summoners' Eidolons vanished and never came back. Familiars dissapeared. The world was thrown into dissarray until civilization learned how to cope without magic, which happened. Eventually. Strangely enough, however, items kept their powers. Wands still cast spells, for those skillful enough to use them. Magic swords still hit more often than mundane ones, and magic armor protected better than mundane. However, even magic items are vulnerable to wear and tear, and thus have started to be in short supply.

However, a mere month ago, the Empire's army found something interesting: An old beast of lore, from before the fall. A Tarrasque. Hibernating, of course. No doubt, if it had been awake, the soldiers wouldn't have made it back to tell the emperor. But, it did appear to be sleeping lightly. The Empire's scholars, after researching their books and looking at the beast themselves, estimate no longer than a year will it stay asleep.

"This, is where you come in." says the emperor to the group gathered before him.

Quite an interesting group, I must say, thought Emperor Terrus.
But, they are some of the best of my army. If not the best. If the magic is to be restored, they'll be the ones to do it...

"Surely, anything mundane will barely peirce the beast's hide. Thus, I believe we must do something that must be nearly impossible: We need to bring back magic. I have gathered you here, my best soldiers. Your job: Find out how to revive magic, do it, and eventually destroy the Tarrasque. You have one year. The best of luck to you all. The Empire rests on your collective shoulders."

"The Empire's best scholars have tried to dig up anything from before the Fall. Any books, records, scrolls, anything. Alas, they found nothing. Nothing, that is, but this."

The Emperor pulls from his pocket a folded peice of paper, yellowed with age.

"This, soldiers, is a scroll of a spell from ages agos called Greater Scrying. It was a spell that allowed a person to see another creature as if they were there. We just so happened to find it when someone decided to use one of our Detect Magic wands in one of our archives."

"The strange thing? It was keyed to a specific location. Normally, as I said earlier, it would scry upon a person, not a place. My head scholar found this peculiar, so he tried something: He used our Detect Magic wandthrough the scrying spell. And what he saw blew his mind. He says that he was overwhelmed with magical energies, almost as if the entire place was magical. When he came back from the scrying spell, he was, strangely, able to actually cast a spell. It was of low power, and he could only do it for a few minutes before the magical energy left him, but it would appear as if some of the magic transferred to him through the scrying spell. I can only imagine what would happen if someone were actually to go there... Which is what, hopefully, you'll find out. I need you to go this place, which we have confirmed to be a small island far off the west coast of the continent, and learn as much as you can about how this could help us."

"I have a ship already prepared for you, at the docks to the west of here. Any questions?"

Gunhaven
2015-01-11, 01:17 AM
Gromgol faithfully cradled his greatclub and adjusted his leopard skin to make sure he was still decent in these civilized lands. He sniffed the air and looked about with a lack of trust; buildings that seemed to close in on him, markings that made no sense except the pictures, and tongues that made even less sense in this strange environment. The only reason he managed to make it to the emperor's palace was heading toward the places that had the most guards and who looked the fanciest out of the other people. He understood little of what was said, understanding that there was a beast that needed destroying and that it could only be killed if the voodoo that the shamans claimed to use was brought back.

He gazed at the others, grinned a toothy grin, and said "Umies talk too much! Iz ready fer WAAAGH." His speech done he broke away from the others and moved outside. He tried to find the docks on his own and took more than a fair amount of time to get to the boat in question. It certainly didn't help he didn't ask for which boat it was and had to hope that his new companions knew which ship was the right one.

alanek2002
2015-01-11, 01:31 AM
Taoc

Taoc is floored by the emperor's statement. To have gathered such a diverse group, he knew it was for something special, but to restore magic to the world? He could barely believe his ears. And to slay the mighty Tarrasque! It was... humbling.

Barely keeping a straight face, Taoc says: "I am honored to be chosen for this task. I have but two questions: Do we know how small the island is, and will we have trouble finding it?"

Keegan__D
2015-01-11, 02:46 AM
Miro leaned casually against a column, wishing to state his irreverence for the emperor. When he heard of the room that could grant magic simply by viewing it, he tuned in fully. If he could get into that room...
When questions were called for, Miro had his selection, "What's the climate supposed to be like on this island?" He led with a simple one, "I don't want to get there, only to have to turn around to grab my coat." he joked. "What details can you offer about this "magic room"?" and as soon as that one was answered, he fired off another, "What sort of spell was the scholar able to cast?"

Diachronos
2015-01-11, 08:27 AM
Kyla stands quietly as she listens to the emperor's statements. This was truly a daunting quest ahead of them, and the odds of being killed along the way were rather high if the source of magic had influenced the development of other creatures.

She adjusts her glasses and speaks up when the emperor asks for questions. "Did your head scholar discern anything about the nature of the island, or what we may face there? It's dangerous enough going to some small island in the middle of the ocean, but I'd rather not rush in blindly if it can be helped."

Farmerbink
2015-01-11, 10:37 AM
Hegrin grunts from where he stands near a pillar, a few steps apart from the rest of the group. Through a sour, squinting expression, his gruff voice rumbles out. Da, I gotta question. Do ah have ta go wit them? he asks, hooking a rough thumb at the half-orc and orc. He makes no effort to hide his distaste at the answer, but grunts again. 'Ey better not try me patience. I've little 'nuff with all you city-folks jabberin' on asit is.

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-11, 02:30 PM
Gorthon ignores the dwarf's annoying racist comments and smashes his hand into his fist eagerly. "A tarrrasque. A real tarrasque. THe most powerful beast of legend, able to snatch any dragon in its jaws and swallow it whole." He laughs and stamps one foot down onto the ground before snapping back to attention with a full salute. "My LordEmperor, I assure you that I am one of the Empire's most capable fighters, unmatched in single combat. And even if my opponent is stronger than me, trust me when I say they will tire before I do." His tusks glint with pride as he opens his shirt and reveals a horrible mess of bloody, but fully healed battle scars. "As for questions, it is not a soldier's place to ask questions. I have my orders, and I will carry them out effectively. Who among us will you elect to lead the battalion? I will show them the same loyalty I show my CO, unless you pick me, in which case this mission will be over twice as fast."

Farmerbink
2015-01-11, 02:40 PM
Hegrin rolls his eyes as the orc postures and partially disrobes. He addresses their commander, without looking at Gorthon. Yes, let's select the most brutish, hulking figure we can, and to hell with planning! That will certainly end well.

He turns to face the orc. And if you expect the tarrasque to tire before you, yer even more foolish than I thought! This in't a beast you can best with brute force; all the force you wanna bring to bear, she's got 10 times it. Only way ta beat 'er is to out-think her. Out-plan. Prepare for a fight in ways she's never gonna think of- none of which I think is yer strong suit.

Facing back to the commander, he continues his comments. Nah, if we're ta have a dedicated leader, it aughta be someone who can think through a situation an' see what needs ta be done. Now, I'm not the best at all this plannin' an such, but I know I'm better at it 'an he is. That said, I'd be willin' ta guess that I'm not the best we got. Miss Kyla over there's got the best look for it, unless I miss my mark. She's got that look in'er eye that says she knows more than she's sayin'. Some wisdom in that, for sure.

Diachronos
2015-01-11, 04:08 PM
Kyla glanced over at the dwarf with mild irritation. "Don't drag me into that leadership mess. This is bigger than whatever petty squabbles you have with orcs; this is about reviving a source of power that we only know exists because there are objects left from a time when magic filled the world, and about defeating a creature whose two defining traits are being nigh-invincible and having an insatiable hunger." Her tail uncurled from around her waist and lashed from side to side. "I do know one thing about this quest, though... if you insist on fighting each other, don't expect me to waste valuable resources tending to your wounds."

Mousedigits
2015-01-11, 04:42 PM
Terrus looks at the squabbling Orcs and Dwarf, then looks to Miro and continues with a slight frown:
"Well, what he saw wasn't exactly a room. He had an eagle's eye view of the whole island. The climate appeared to be fairly tropical. As for the spell he cast, it was, to my knowledge, a spell that would allow one to shoot a ray of cold at an enemy."

"As for what you may be facing, it's quite possible that the creatures there have undergone abnormal changes due to exposure to all this raw energy. However, we expect that you will similarly be empowered upon arrival."

"There will be no leader. I expect you all to work together as a single unit, without a leader."

"Also, take this." he takes a stick from his robe, and hands it to the nearest of the party.

This is a Wand of Sending. It will allow you to send me a message of 25 words or less. Use it if something goes wrong. Use it sparingly, it can be used only 4 times. We only have 3 of those in the Empire, so make sure it is used wisely."

"Now, is that all? I suggest you hurry, before Gromgal loses his way in the city."

Farmerbink
2015-01-11, 04:43 PM
Hegrin scowls at Kyla's accusation. Perhaps my judgement was in error. I thought you were smarter than the rest of 'em, but 'pparently you've got some work to do with listening comprehension, as well.

How does "draggin' you into this mess" illustrate my "petty squabbles?" If this was all about a pissin' contest, I'da told him to pick me, you daft broad! Bah! He turns to the commander. I can see this is gonna end well. Did you pair me with anybody worth workin' with!? You mighta done made a mistake, choosin' this lot. He shakes his head in apparent disgust.

Farmerbink
2015-01-11, 04:48 PM
"Now, is that all? I suggest you hurry, before Gromgal loses his way in the city."

Hegrin throws his hands up in disgust, as he is reminded of the other orc's departure. Wouldn't want to leave him behind... he mutters as he turns to depart.

Well, ship's a-waitin'! Without waiting to see if anyone is following him, he strides purposefully towards the docks and their waiting ship therein.

Diachronos
2015-01-11, 05:13 PM
Kyla frowned as the dwarf stormed off. Gauging peoples' meaning wasn't really her strong point, and she sometimes misunderstood things that seemed obvious. A downside of spending so much time locked away in a laboratory mixing chemicals, no doubt.

"Well, Hegrin is right about one thing. Time is short, and we should get going as soon as possible." She started after the dwarf, her tail curling around her swaying waist as she left the palace. Though to be honest, she wanted to make a quick stop at the market to pick up some ingredients; they needed supplied for the trip, and she didn't want to be caught in a fight with a troll without backup acid or alchemist's fire again.

alanek2002
2015-01-11, 05:42 PM
Taoc accepts the wand carefully. "Thank you, your majesty. We'll be certain to save it only in emergencies." That said, he leaves the palace with the rest of the party.

Once outside, he turns and says "Okay, can somebody who actually know how to use wands take this from me?"

l am on phone and can't change the color....

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-11, 08:53 PM
Gorthon shakes his head and silently leaves with the rest of the group to find the half-orc and board the ship.

Diachronos
2015-01-11, 10:18 PM
Kyla looked over at Taoc and shrugged. "I might be able to do something with it after some studying, but right now it's probably better off in someone else's hands." She touches her backpack before letting out a small sigh. "I need to make a few purchases before we depart. I'll meet you all at the docks."

With that she heads into the market, intent on spending a fair amount for crafting materials. Actually making things could wait until they'd departed, as she figured that there'd be little else to do on the way to the island.

Figuring the 1/3 cost in materials to make an item (rounding up to the nearest silver per item), I'm spending enough to get the materials needed to make:
10x Bladeguard (40g/3 = 13g 4s, 13.4g x 10 = 134g)
5x Impact Foam (25g/3 = 8g 4s, 8.4g x 5 = 42g)
20x Sunrod (2g/3 = 7s, 7s x 20 = 14g)
30x Tindertwig (1g/3 = 4s, 4s x 30 = 12g)
10x Acid (10g/3 = 3g 4s, 3.4g x 10 = 34g)
10x Alchemist's Fire (20g/3 = 6g 7s, 6.7g x 10 = 67g)
10x Alkali Flasks (15g/3 = 5g, 5g x 10 = 50g)
10x Liquid Ice (40g/3 = 13g 4s, 13.4g x 10 = 134g)
5x Tanglefoot Bag (50g/3 = 16g 7s, 16.7g x 5 = 83g 5s)
5x Thunderstone (30g/3 = 10g, 10g x 5 = 50g)

Altogether, 620g 5s spent on

Keegan__D
2015-01-12, 12:28 AM
No leader suited Miro well. He's used to working alone, and didn't need to be told to do his part. He gives an exaggerated bow to his emperor before skipping off to leave with Taoc. "I can handle that thing," he lies with that broad halfling bull**** smile. He figured the only way to learn would be by studying it.

alanek2002
2015-01-12, 01:09 AM
Hearing no other takers, Taoc carefully hands the ancient wand to Miro. "Alright, here. Though, please don't use it without the group agreeing to it, barring an emergency." Taoc Grimaces. "Because I was the one to take it, if we don't succeed and the wand has more charges used than we contacted the emperor with, I'm likely to be the one who has to explain exactly what we used them for... and that would not be healthy."

That done, Taoc heads to the ship.

Mousedigits
2015-01-12, 05:41 PM
The group eventually all find the ship before dawn, some after some shopping, while others after a bit of searching. Once everyone is aboard, they are all called up to the deck, where they find a stunning Elf woman standing before them. Her eyes are a bright, glowing green, her hair silver as the stars. At her side is a cutlass, a bow on her back. And, on her face, a look of slight annoyance.

So, this is the group of mongrels that the Emperor has put his trust in. I bet I could've chosen better, but, oh well.

"All right, you lowly bunch. Welcome to my ship. You are currently aboard the Aerum, one of the Empires grandest ships. Surely you know your mission, so I won't stop to explain that."

"On this ship, we have three rules:
First, I, Katyusha Norn, am the captain of this ship; here, my word is law. I tell you to jump, you don't ask why, you ask how high.
Second, the first rule is not to be broken in any circumstance, nor is the third.
Third, and lastly, the first and second rules are likewise never to be broken in any circumstance."

"Do I make myself clear?"

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-12, 05:56 PM
Gorthon growls. "It will be as you say, Captain," he replies sincerely, bowing his head respectfully.

alanek2002
2015-01-12, 06:43 PM
"I'll follow your word, captain." Taoc says, bowing slightly in acknowledgement. "I've no wish to ruin this mission because of my pride."

Diachronos
2015-01-12, 07:11 PM
Kyla nodded in agreement with the others. "I see no reason why we shouldn't follow your rules on your ship. Though I hope you can appreciate how... delicate alchemical items can be, particularly during their creation, so I'll need a quiet and secure place to work when I'm not busy with other tasks."

Gunhaven
2015-01-12, 07:14 PM
Gromgok grunted his acknowledgedment and consent to the rules before he set about looking for ways to be helpful. He'd never been on a ship before and didn't have blood, yet, to make it faster but he was strong and smart enough to mimic the crew in their actions. He favored loading the ship with goods and stocking the hold but set to work wherever he could.

Keegan__D
2015-01-12, 09:35 PM
Miro is taken a bit aback by the beautiful elf woman before him. He was not expecting such a fetching captain. When she finishes, he gives his approval in a seductive tone, "Aye, aye, captain." and gives her a less-than-subtle wink. Miro approaches Katyusha and strikes up conversation, "So, what got such a lovely woman as yourself into the seafaring life?"

Mousedigits
2015-01-12, 11:24 PM
Katyusha looks down at the small person that, apparently, was trying to hit on her.

"That, small one, is none of your business. Now, I have important business on this ship to attend to."

With that, the Elf walks away, heading to the captain's quarters.

All right guys, I'm gonna give you guys some roleplay opportunity here. If you guys don't want to start something, just don't post and I'll continue the story when I get an opportunity.

Farmerbink
2015-01-12, 11:54 PM
As the elf woman walks away, Hegrin's wits seem to finally come back to him. He jabbers for a moment, failing to get her attention. Just as she closes the door to her quarters, he manages to mumble, Ah'm not real good at jumpin', though... He appears momentarily crestfallen as activity explodes around him on the deck.

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-13, 12:11 AM
Gorthon rests against the ship's rail for a moment, glancing over at the female in the group. "So, this 'alchemy'...these items you need a delicate space to craft in, are they not magic? I was under the impression that only a few select members of the royal court could use and make magical items."

Keegan__D
2015-01-13, 12:56 AM
Not one to be deterred by something like rejection, Miro followed after the captain.
He swings the door open and propped himself against the frame. In obnoxiously flirtatious voice, he continues his advances "Oh captain, please tell me that you'll be joining us on the island."Disable Device: [roll0]
He swings the door open and propped himself against the frame. In obnoxiously flirtatious voice, he continues his advances "Locks can't keep me from you, oh, captain." Miro flips his hair and struts over to her. "Hopefully this mission won't either. Please tell me that you'll be accompanying us to the island."

Gunhaven
2015-01-13, 02:08 AM
Gromgok gazed at his comrades as the wheels in his head slowly turned. It took him a moment but he realized that an alchemist could keep him alive and these civilized folks seemed to value shiny metal and gems more than a good gathering of teef. Before his chance disappeared he approached the lady alchemist and said in a booming voice "Oi! Oi! Oi! 'Umie makin' bitz? Gromgok needz shiny bitz, healy bitz! Medboyz pack no nonchoppy bitz fer Gromgok. Boyz pack worthless metal bitz instead! Dumb gitz gonna git it! 'Umie trade metal for healy bitz?" From his loincloth he withdrew a bar of gold embedded with gems and grumbled in Orc about the silly trade system and thrusted it at the alchemist in question.*

Diachronos
2015-01-13, 02:28 AM
Kyla pushes up her glasses as she regards the half-orc. "Alchemy is a very different thing from magic, though considering the complexity of the formulae to craft such items I can see why some might think the two are similar." She withdraws a couple of the jars that she'd purchased, each containing a component for acid. "Alchemy is all about mixing the right components together in the right quantities, with the end result being something that you're unlikely to find naturally. These powders, for instance, become a potent acid when boiled together in the right mixture for several minutes."

She raises an eyebrow and looks over at Gromgok when he thrusts the gold ingot at her. "My 'healy bitz' are in limited supply. I'm not going to mix them up and give them out until we need them."

Gromgok needs a way to get more dakka. There's never enough dakka.

Mousedigits
2015-01-13, 08:33 AM
He swings the door open and propped himself against the frame. In obnoxiously flirtatious voice, he continues his advances "Locks can't keep me from you, oh, captain." Miro flips his hair and struts over to her. "Hopefully this mission won't either. Please tell me that you'll be accompanying us to the island."

You see Katyusha sitting at a large desk, with map after map layered across it. The room around you is filled with what appear to be various curios from various adventures. Swords, crowns, skulls and the like. In fact, one of the skulls looks to be a good bit smaller than a human's... Maybe a halfling?

"What, exactly, are you doing here?" she says, answering your question with a question. She sounds pretty annoyed that someone would just barge into her quarters, even when the lock made it obvious that she didn't want anyone in here with her.

Farmerbink
2015-01-13, 08:58 AM
Hegrin climbs up to perch on the port side gunwale, just a few steps away from the conversation regarding alchemical concoctions. He seats himself on the edge of the boat and closes his eyes. For the time being, he occupies his own thoughts with meditation, focusing on his breathing and preparing for the task at hand.

alanek2002
2015-01-13, 09:11 AM
Taoc leans against the mast, and pulls out an empty journal, his trusty ink pen, and a vial of glowing ink.

This is the journal of Taoc Sage blade, recording a new mission, this time given by the emporer himself!....

He'll write there for a bit, carefully filling a page describing their mission, and his new companions... And waiting to see how the halfing gets tossed out: headfirst or feet first.

But before that, he speaks to the group.

" 5 silver says she tosses him at least 5 feet."

(On phone, don't know the bbcode for color.)

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-13, 09:38 AM
Gorthon struggles to understand what the alchemist is talking about. He scratches his cheek. "Wait, but I thought potions were magical, and potions were also a mixture of certain ingredients that resulted in a specific brew? So how is that different than what you're talking about now?" he asks, confused.

Gunhaven
2015-01-13, 10:07 AM
Gromgok used the ingot to scratch under his jaw as he remembered past concoctions from the docz, muttering in Orcish all the while. He finally said slowly in common "Medboyz use troll bitz to make healy bitz. It ain't never make Gromgok sick like other gitz. Boyz also made drink... No not-fightin' afta that! Juss pukin' n' choppin'!"

Troll Styptics and Hobgoblin War Draught type things? And more Dakka. Always more Dakka!

alanek2002
2015-01-13, 11:16 AM
Taoc glances up from his spot near the mast, clearly interested in the questions on alchemy, though he doesn't join in.

Diachronos
2015-01-13, 05:51 PM
"If potions were something that you could throw together with just a handful of herbs and an afternoon, they wouldn't be so rare. They're mixtures, true, but they're also infused with a portion of the maker's essence, which is what makes them so powerful and allows them to have such varying effects. My concoctions are of a more mundane nature."

She puts the jars of powder away. "For instance, the acid. It takes training and practice to be able to craft it through alchemy, but aside from that it's not much different from the acid that an ooze would leave behind. The components of an alchemical item are not magical in nature, and it isn't infused with magic at any point in its creation. "

I actually didn't even know Troll Styptic existed until now. I was only going off what's listed in Ultimate Equipment.

Keegan__D
2015-01-13, 11:24 PM
He takes a good look at the maps on the desk, and teases, "Gosh, you're just so riled up to see me." He pauses to let a smirk come out, "And here, I thought you were playing hard to get."

Miro pulls his attention away from the captain, and moves about the room, examining her treasures. He picks up the small skull, disregarding the grim reminder of foolish action, "I was just concerned that our time together may be cut short by our duties, and I wanted to make the most of it." Miro puts down the skull and reiterates his question, "So, captain, will you be joining us on our mission to save the world? Or will you miss out on the opportunity of a life time?" He speaks mostly of adventuring alongside himself, and suggests as much by gesturing at himself as a presenter would at a great prize.

Mousedigits
2015-01-13, 11:50 PM
Katyusha looks up from her maps, gets up, and walks towards the halfling.

"I do not plan on going on the island. At least, not with the likes of you."

With that, she picks the halfling up by the scruff of his neck, opens the door, and throws him out. He lands, somewhat unscathed, [roll0] feet away from the cabin.

alanek2002
2015-01-14, 01:10 AM
"Drat. You got thrown out before anybody could take my bet." Taoc says, "could have won some silver."

He shrugs, and returns to filling the first page of his journal.

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-14, 02:23 AM
Gorthon looks up as the halfling is tossed out. "Probably should wait until you've had at least one real conversation with a woman before you flirt with her. Otherwise you just sound kind of creepy," he advises, shrugging. "Thank you for your explanation, ma'am," he adds to Kyla, bowing politely before he heads to the northern side of the ship to see if the crew needs any help with labor.

Diachronos
2015-01-14, 03:06 AM
Kyla nods as Gorthon leaves, then makes her way toward her room. She clenches her jaw as she feels the crew's eyes on her, no doubt drawn by her gait.

Gunhaven
2015-01-14, 10:17 AM
Gromgok watched as the alchemist left and turned to one of the sailors. In a voice that gave the impression of him having no indoor voice he boomed "Oi, boy! 'e never not shop 'ere? Bitz need boin' n' ain't never 'erd o' takin' and tradin' teefz! C'mere n' show 'e where Docz at so I can get bitz fer patchin'!" Without waiting for a response he grabs the sailor and hustles double quick to where he can get healing reagents to be crafted. When satisfied and weighed down less by worthless gold and gems and more by bits and bobs he and the sailor return to the ship.*
Getting a:
Breaker Kit (353, 40)
Chirugeon Kit (400, 4)
Climber's Kit (80, 5)
Pathfinder's Kit (12, 22)
Masterwork Survival Kit (50, 5)
Mapmaker's Kit (10, 2)
Surgeon's Tools (20, 5)
Masterwork Choppa Craftin' (55, 5)
Vampire Slayer Kit (500, 8)
(1480, 96 total)
Crafting stuff for:
All that stuff in the kits for triples. *
Hobgoblin War Draught x30 (100, 10)
Bloodblock x24 (200, 0)
Bodybalm x24 (200, 0)
Clear Ear x15 (75, 0)
Stillgut x15 (250, 0)
Troll Styptic x36 (1200, 0)
(2025, 10 or 2505, 126 total)
1095 gold in misc crafting reagents.
1000 gold left for future use!*

Farmerbink
2015-01-14, 11:26 AM
Hegrin raises a single eyebrow as the halfling is unceremoniously removed from the captains quarters. It stays up as Gorthon makes his departure from the alchemist, and finally settles into a scowl as Gromgok's boisterous (and near-unintelligible) speech erupts over the deck. He takes a few deep breaths, his hands pressed together at his midsection, and his expression returns to detached focus.

Keegan__D
2015-01-15, 01:15 AM
Miro looks up at Gorthon and replies, "What did it look like I was doing? In a time-sensitive matter such as this, one must combine conversation with flirting." His pride more injured than his body, Miro picks himself up off the deck and dusts himself off. "Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained." He moves on to see what the others are up to. Most seemed interested in the alchemy that Kyla is talking about, but they dispersed upon his sudden return. He never could get his head around all those numbers and ingredients. It's a good thing they had someone that could.
Miro scurries off to see what his sleeping conditions are like, and how they can be improved.

Mousedigits
2015-01-15, 06:14 PM
So, the ship moves merrily along on the sea, getting close to the island. You've been on the ship for a day or two now.

All of a sudden, a voice is heard: "Ship sighted at our 12-o-clock! It's a big one!"

Everyone turns to see a huge ship about a mile or two to the west, ahead of you. It's almost the same size as the Aerum, and looking about as sturdy too.
As you look through your magnification device, younotice something: A mysterious flag waves from its mast. A serpent, in a figure-8, eating its own tail. In the holes of the 8, there are what appear to be Pentagrams, almost like eyes staring you down.

Katyusha comes down to the deck, pulls out some binoculars, and peers at the ship.

"Interesting... All right, men! Hanz, prepare the cannons. Everyone, battle stations."

She turns to the group of adventurers.

"And, you guys... Do what you do best."

All right, guys, you've got ~10 minutes to prepare. i.e. 100 rounds.

Gunhaven
2015-01-15, 06:41 PM
Gromgok spent the time helping as he could as a country bumpkin that has barely passable knowledge outside the jungle, especially on a boat. When the ship was spotted he briefly considered what to do before he barreled below decks to help load the cannons. While below decks he yells out "Aright boyz! Diz iz wut we'z waitin' fer! Diz ship ain't no mach fer our WAAAGH n' Dakka!" in an attempt to inspire his comrades and whip up some good ole energy below decks.
I don't have anything else to do besides serve the crews below deck for 9 minutes and 48 seconds.

Keegan__D
2015-01-16, 02:38 AM
Danger appears on the horizon, and Miro is quick to act. He climbs up the mast, and secures his rope to one of the poles holding up the sail. He prepares himself to swing aboard the enemy ship.

I assume we can still take 10?

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-16, 08:39 AM
Gorthon grins and draws his weapon. "Excellent! Let them come!" he declares, getting close to the railing so he can cut down any boarding planks before they become a problem.

alanek2002
2015-01-16, 10:41 AM
Taoc curses fluidly for a moment, in 4 languages, before turning to a crewman and asking if they have any spare longbows.

No time, gotta run! >.>

Lots of work!

Farmerbink
2015-01-16, 12:50 PM
Hegrin opens his eyes from where he has been meditating, near the bow of the ship. At the captain's call, he slowly rises from his seated position. He stretches slowly for about another minute before turning back to the rest of the ship. His keen eyes note the landscape of the ship, and he settles on the crow's nest.

With his bow strapped to his back, Hegrin walks up to the main mast, and climbs quickly up to the crow's nest.

+8 modifier (assuming taking 10) means I can't fail badly enough to fall. Hegrin takes his time, knowing he is not rushed.

From there, he draws and strings his bow, and watches the ship sail ever nearer. Finally, when the other ship is about 2000 feet away, he draws an arrow and nocks it to his bow.

If the captain has not called for opening fire when they are within 1000 feet, he will call to her, requesting permission to do so. Assuming granted permission, he will use a swift action to focus his attacks on the person who appears to be captain of the other ship ([roll0] sense motive, if necessary to determine who that is), then use a ki point to increase my RI by 50 feet (as a movement action), and fire from 800 feet (5 range increments) at the focused target:

[roll1] attack (counting -10 for RIs) Probable hit!
[roll2] critical confirmation (on a modified 27, for x3 damage) Not a critical threat
[roll3] damage
+[roll4] critical bonus damage.

Diachronos
2015-01-17, 03:40 PM
Kyla looks up from her formula books with a small frown. She'd been in the middle of prepping her extracts for the day when the call to arms sounded. Fortunately she was almost done, and it only took her about 4 minutes to finish preparing them.

She came up onto the deck and took up a position near the center mast, ready to help prepare whatever invaders tried to board the ship.

Mousedigits
2015-01-22, 05:47 PM
When Hegrin prepares to fire, Katyusha looks up to him and says:

"Don't fire just yet. We don't know if they're friendlies or not. Keep your sights aimed, though. You can never be too careful."

Orak! Start slowing the ship down!

Both ships come to a stop about 500 feet from each other.

You guys see the ship start to turn, as if it was going to retreat. However, it stops turning when it's starboard (Right) side is facing you.

You see cannons peeking out of hatches in the sides.

Perception for Katyusha: [roll0]

"Interesting... Are they running?"

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-22, 05:50 PM
[roll0]

Gorthon readies his axe angrily. "Ain't never heard of a pirate who was willing to turn tail without a fight. Let's get ready just in case!" he yells.

Farmerbink
2015-01-22, 05:51 PM
As you say, Hegrin responds to his captain. He keeps his bow sighted on the enemies, prepared to fire at his studied target.

[roll0] blah.

edit: you're kidding, right? -_-

Gunhaven
2015-01-22, 06:56 PM
Gromgok growled in frustration at the lack of Dakka. He peeked his head out, saw nothing amiss, and twitched in anticipation. Of course if he was the captain he'd unleash Glorious Dakka three minutes ago when there was little to no chance of hitting a thing. Getting the boyz ready for the WAAAGHin was the most important thing after all!

Perception: [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-01-22, 09:37 PM
Kyla scanned the ship for any sign of the crew's intent.

Come on, meet the 20 Perception... [roll0]
Seriously? Seriously?!

alanek2002
2015-01-23, 08:19 PM
Taocs eyes handily catch the canons preparing to fire, and shouts "'ware their canons! They are preparing to fire!"

Mousedigits
2015-01-24, 02:09 PM
"Cannons? I don't see any-"

Suddenly, you hear an earth-shattering boom. Three small, black objects come sailing through the air towards the ship. Thankfully, they all land with a splash in the water.

"Everyone! Fire our cannons! Full speed ahead!"

ROLL INITIATIVE!

Init. for Katyusha & the ship: [roll0]
EDIT: ewww

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-24, 02:46 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2015-01-24, 05:44 PM
Hegrin tries to spot someone that looks like they might be giving orders, and fires at the target.

Hegrin Hanolfson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1082448)
M LG Dwarf Zen Archer/Guide Ranger, Level 5, Init +4, HP 50/50, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 17, Flat-footed 11, CMD 25, Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
+2 Comp. Longbow (@+3 str) (40 arrows) +13 (1d8+5, x3)
Flurry of Blows: Comp Longbow +16/+16 (1d8+5, x3)
ki strike for magic Unarmed Strike +8 (1d8+3, x2)
-1 to melee atk MW Buckler (+1 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 20, Cha 6
Condition None
[roll0] initiative

Swift action to spend a Ki point to increase my RI by 50 feet (to 160, 500 feet away is the 4th range increment)
Flurry of blows: first attack is my first perfect strike attempt of 5, per day:
[roll6] (counting range) edit: this one is CC (28, x3)
[roll2] edit: this one is attack (as per perfect strike (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedFeats.html#perfect-strike)rules)
[roll3] damage
+[roll4] crit damage

2nd shot w/ flurry- not perfect strike
[roll5] must be attack roll (counting range)
[roll1] must be potential CC: (28, x3)
[roll7] damage
+[roll8] crit damage

edit: I forgot my perception check. If I need to roll one just to pick a target, I'll add it on the OOC thread.

Diachronos
2015-01-24, 06:44 PM
Kyla jumps at the sudden bang of the cannons, and readies herself to start slinging bombs and alchemical flasks at any would-be boarders.

[roll0]

Gunhaven
2015-01-25, 12:51 AM
Gromgok yells in Orcish, clearly excited. With slaps to the back of heads and doing his best to inspire the all mighty WAAAGH into stupid humans he points at the ship and screams loud enough those on top can hear him "Iz no time for no Dakka! Load da gunz, fire da cannonz, n' blast da gitz!"

[roll0]

alanek2002
2015-01-25, 01:19 AM
Taoc curses as they fire, quickly bringing his bow to bear. Sadly, they are too far for pinpoint strikes, but his aim is excellent regardless.

Using forgotten trick to gain weapon focus longbow for a ki point.
Gah, brackets are a pain on my phone. Four button presses to get one.

I aim at the person with the fanciest hat!
Attack : [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

NeoSeraphi
2015-01-25, 08:22 AM
Gorthon readies his axe and waits for any boarding parties.

Ready an action to knock any boarding planks off.

Mousedigits
2015-01-25, 03:34 PM
The crew prepares itself for battle, ready for anyone to come aboard.

INIT:
Taoc: 23
Gromgok: 22
Hegrin: 21
Enemy Ship: 16
Gorthon: 13
Kyla: 11
Katyusha & our ship: 5

Taoc, you're up!

alanek2002
2015-01-26, 01:27 AM
As stated above, taoc launches an arrow at the person with the fanciest hat.
("The fanciest hat shall join my collection!")

Gunhaven
2015-01-28, 10:21 PM
Gromgok is a Melee beast and therefore tries to rally the crew to fire all of the Dakka in Orc until such time as he can get more bitz for his Choppa.

Mousedigits
2015-01-29, 05:24 PM
Taoc sees a person with a particularly fancy hat (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.halloweenmart.com/media/core/LONG-0010_PIRATE_HAT_MASK.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fancy-dress-costumes.jn22.com/d.php?id%3D462661657%26p%3DPirate-Hat-W-Silver-Mask%26c%3DFancy-Dress-Costume-Accessories&h=275&w=300&tbnid=jgZ_fuRh1RvBAM:&zoom=1&docid=ldCtEUq53EivMM&ei=QLLKVI3eKIauyQSOv4CABg&tbm=isch&ved=0CFEQMyhJMEk4yAE). He believes it will be a nice addition to his collection.

He draws his bow, takes aim, and fires. The arrow goes whizzing over the sea and hits the hat man in the chest.

Gromgok yells stuff about dakka at the crew, but they look puzzled at his Orcish ramblings.

Okay, doing block initiative. So, Hegrin, your turn.

Farmerbink
2015-02-06, 12:41 PM
Hegrin's actions (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18708758&postcount=61)

Mousedigits
2015-02-07, 01:47 PM
Hegrin sees someone who seems to be giving orders. However, there seem to be multiple people doing just that. It is hard to find who exactly is the highest ranking officer, so he shrugs and shoots.

The arrow lands right on target. However, he shows no signs of stopping what he's doing.

20 thugs on ship.
5 "captains" (high-ranking officials)
Each thug has 30 hp
Captains have 50.

Thug
HP
Captain
HP

Dead

Enemy Ship: 200 HP, AC 15
Our Ship: 200 HP, AC 15

You a see the ship start circling you slowly getting closer. Cannon upon Cannon fires upon you.

Ship is now 450 ft from you. (sorry if this is inaccurate, I dunno really how fast a ship should go.)
[roll0] to hit AC 15
[roll1] damage to the ship.

[roll2] to hit AC 15
[roll3] damage to the ship.

[roll4] to hit AC 15
[roll5] damage to the ship.

Gorthon and Kyla, go!

NeoSeraphi
2015-02-08, 10:27 PM
With no ranged weapon at his disposal, Gorthon is forced to wait for this round and hope that soon there will be many warriors to fall prey to his axe.

Diachronos
2015-02-08, 11:10 PM
Kyla draws forth one of the tanglefoot bags she'd crafted on the trip, but holds off on throwing it for the moment as the enemy ship is too far out of range.