PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Pseudo-Valhalla missions needed!

Ninja_Grand
2015-01-11, 03:10 AM
So my players are in what is basically Valhalla. The god of uprisings saved them from a evil god that was released, and started wrecking the world. (IE snarl). So what kind of missons can the uprising god send them on? All I have is...

Destroy a shrine
Save some peasants
Scavenge for weapons

Any more ideas?

Darkweave31
2015-01-11, 09:33 AM
Participate in the eternal battle in preparation for Ragnarok

avr
2015-01-11, 10:05 AM
Steal the god of traditions' cattle/magic harp/healing spring water/whatever. These might be in the domain adjacent to Valhalla or in his temples in the normal world. The god of uprisings reckons he/she needs them more.

Diplomacy with a petty king/rival's high priest/a powerful individual or dragon.

Get those scavenged weapons or stolen magic harp to the people who need them. There's a war in the way, and/or the people have gone missing.

Gather intelligence; the evil god is disrupting communication and someone has to go and find out what's happening and report back.

Any idea on levels etc?

Sian
2015-01-11, 10:10 AM
Raiding the Giants in Utgard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Atgar%C3%B0ar) for some item that they had stolen from one of the 'minor' gods, while the gods are unable to do it themsleves since their immidiate focus is another place, or that them visiblely doing so would bring forth consevenses that none of them would like (and they suck at subtle)

Brookshw
2015-01-11, 11:29 AM
The sacred beacon has gone out, retrieve fire from hades to relight it.
The tomb of an ancient hero has been found/defiled, recover ancient weapons.
A heroes soul has become trapped unjustly in the underworld, free it.

Honest Tiefling
2015-01-11, 02:01 PM
A traitor is among the halls. Find them, beat them up and bring them back to the god of uprisings.

Blackhawk748
2015-01-11, 04:44 PM
Raid Jotunheim!!! No seriously go get some Macguffin that the Frostgiants snatched.

Honest Tiefling
2015-01-11, 06:32 PM
Raid Jotunheim!!! No seriously go get some Macguffin that the Frostgiants snatched.

Bonus points if somehow, you get the players to all wear dresses while doing so.

Blackhawk748
2015-01-11, 06:33 PM
Bonus points if somehow, you get the players to all wear dresses while doing so.

Why do i feel like i should get this......

Honest Tiefling
2015-01-11, 06:40 PM
Because Thor did it in the myths. He and Loki pretended to be Freya and her handmaiden to get his hammer back. (Thor apparently does not have many ranks in disguise. But its okay, Loki maxed out bluff.)

Blackhawk748
2015-01-11, 06:52 PM
Because Thor did it in the myths. He and Loki pretended to be Freya and her handmaiden to get his hammer back. (Thor apparently does not have many ranks in disguise. But its okay, Loki maxed out bluff.)

*fails horribly at stifling laughter* omg i forgot about that.

Fitz10019
2015-01-12, 07:04 PM
The pseudo-tailor's pseudo-cellar is full of pseudo-rats. Kill them before they eat all the pseudo-inventory!