PDA

View Full Version : Investigator verses Inspiration Cognatogen and other comparisons

Mel
2015-01-11, 09:44 AM
First, what do people think of the Investigator class? Does it work well in game, for misc and/or combat? Are there better alternatives to Investigator class? The archetypes of Investigator don't seem that great, but maybe someone can tell me otherwise.

Especially, how do you guys think going alchemy and working to Grand Inspiring Cognatogen, as a way to get a alchemists bombs but a investigators skill monkeying? I know the level requirements are higher and built in feats for the Inspiring cognatogen would be lower then a Investigators. But maybe its just enough skill monkeying to make do yet still be useful in combat?

Also, how Investigator/Alchemist compare to say Wizards and Arcanists. The Wizards would be more powerful in combat, and can't they do most things with spells that you can get done with skills anyway?

Mel
2015-01-12, 03:44 PM
*bumpppppppppppp*

Mel
2015-01-13, 12:58 PM
Does anyone have experience with Inspiration Cognatogen?

NightbringerGGZ
2015-01-13, 03:14 PM
I'm currently playing an Investigator and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Generally speaking I have to roll quite low to fail any important skill checks and I've making knowledge checks non-stop to gain more information and think my party past obstacles the GM puts in our path. Just get used to dealing minimal damage for some time with the class. What specifically would you like to know about my play experience?

As for the Cognatogen, I don't really like it. Prepping a Mutagen is really important for boosting your damage. Since the Cognatogen has a relatively short duration and deals ability damage after it wears off I don't think it's that great of an option.