PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry

Jonrea
2007-04-01, 01:26 PM
How much does different (manly) jewelry cost in DnD? Earings, bracelets, rings, etc. And how much would a nice fur mantle cost?

Starsinger
2007-04-01, 01:31 PM
50 GP decks you out with a nice set of Courtier's jewelry, whereas 100gp decks you out with really nice Noble's jewelry.

nyjastul69
2007-04-01, 01:32 PM
Check here.

http://www.geocities.com/sovelior/srd/treasure.html

Variable Arcana
2007-04-01, 01:53 PM
That's like asking how much a wedding ring costs.

Jewelry varies over many orders of magnitude in price.

Jonrea
2007-04-01, 02:02 PM
I'm spending anywhere from 200-100 gp on jewelry and want a few rings and earings, maybe a necklace. What does the "Nobles' jewelry' net me?

Roland St. Jude
2007-04-01, 02:10 PM
I'm spending anywhere from 200-100 gp on jewelry and want a few rings and earings, maybe a necklace. What does the "Nobles' jewelry' net me?

Yes. :smallwink: One hundred gp gets you jewelry such as a noble might wear. Exactly what that consists of is not spelled out in the rules. It's fluff detail that you can decide for yourself (with DM approval).

As you can imagine and as Variable Arcana said, one could have a single ring worth 20 or 20,000 gp. What the rules tell you is that if you go out and spend 100 gp on jewelry, you'll be wearing an amount sufficient to mark you as a noble or other richy-rich type. Whether that's one really snazzy ring or two hands full of nice rings and a headband, necklace and bangly bracelets is a matter of flavor - details not spelled out by the rules and with no mechanical effect.

smellie_hippie
2007-04-01, 05:50 PM
Don't forget that "jewelry" can take a wide variety of forms and appearances.
Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, Ear Cuffs, Hair Combs, Belts, Cuff Links, Broaches, Pins, Head-Bands, Ornamental Wrists Guards, Jeweled Scabbards...