PDA

View Full Version : Summoner / Cleric

xroads
2015-01-11, 12:38 PM
I'm contemplating playing a summoner/cleric. My idea is to use healing magics to support my allies and my eidiolon to fish wounded allies out from close combat. Is this a good character concept?

Troacctid
2015-01-11, 12:47 PM
No. Summoners don't multiclass well and there is no Mystic Theurge equivalent that allows you to progress both classes' abilities at once. The two classes also cast off different ability scores, making you MAD. It is bad.

Urpriest
2015-01-11, 01:44 PM
Summoners actually get a lot of party support spells anyway, while Clerics get a lot of summoning. Especially if you choose the Samsaran race and weld spells from one class onto another. Just choose one or the other class and you'll be fine.

xroads
2015-01-11, 10:26 PM
Summoners actually get a lot of party support spells anyway, while Clerics get a lot of summoning. Especially if you choose the Samsaran race and weld spells from one class onto another. Just choose one or the other class and you'll be fine.

I'm also thinking a druid works just as well. Has an animal companion and healing spells.

jaydubs
2015-01-11, 10:29 PM
You could always take one of the domains that grants an animal companion, and then take boon companion to level it up.

Urpriest
2015-01-12, 10:08 AM
I'm also thinking a druid works just as well. Has an animal companion and healing spells.

Sure, if all you're looking for is a companion and healing/party support then yeah Druid is the best option.