PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: The 7 deadly

Latronis
2007-04-01, 01:57 PM
Ok so I'm planning an encounter before too long whereas my players shall face one anthropomorphic creature representing one of the seven deadly sins, cliche I know but its a dream so it's allowed to be

Now if you fine people don't mind I'd like some opinions one what animals would represent well which sins.

Were-Sandwich
2007-04-01, 01:59 PM
Rabbit could be lust.

Starsinger
2007-04-01, 02:05 PM
Oh.. animals. Sloth for sloth!
Lion for pride
(pack)rat for greed

Latronis
2007-04-01, 02:31 PM
I can see reasons for them, still leaves uh wrath, envy, and gluttony any other suggesstions?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-01, 02:32 PM
I say a raccoon could be gluttony.

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-01, 02:37 PM
Envy: Chameleon

Wrath: Wolverine

Latronis
2007-04-01, 02:45 PM
I take it a raccon is a hording animal then?

ArmorArmadillo
2007-04-01, 04:16 PM
Snake: Gluttony
Spider: Lust
Bear: Sloth
Lion: Pride
Wolf: Envy
Bat: Greed
Shark: Wrath

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-01, 04:19 PM
Wrath: T-rex

Demented
2007-04-01, 04:29 PM
Well, I'd say bees are excellent for wrath, but an anthropomorphic bee just wouldn't work.

Rats, wolves, bears, lions would all work fairly well, I'd imagine.
(Everyone has a different idea which goes with which, though.)

Just need two more...
I suppose just to wrap up the anthropomorph cliche you'd need a lizard and a panda.

ChrisMcDee
2007-04-01, 05:28 PM
Gluttony - A Snake, the type that eats its prey whole and sits digesting it for days.
Lust - A human being would be pretty apt here! I don't really know besides that though.
Sloth - As obvious as it is a Sloth would work. Although it's mentioned again below male Lions can be pretty lazy.
Pride - Lions are very proud creatures, sometimes to a flaw, I hear, so this works. A Peacock, if not, or any sort of animal that has a really flashy mating display.
Envy - Magpie, they're always after your shiny things!
Greed - Drawing a blank here. Locusts aren't quite greed but I feel they fit better here than in gluttony.
Wrath - Elephants can be subject to bouts of extreme Wrath during their mating period, could be an interesting idea.

Imrix.
2007-04-01, 05:55 PM
Greed? Magpie. They just plain like shiny stuff...

martyboy74
2007-04-01, 06:52 PM
Would that be the animal, or the short guy in the yellow suit who sings about Oklahoma?

\/ How many of those can you explain? How does a cow work with lust?

Gralamin
2007-04-01, 07:48 PM
According to deadlysins.com

Pride - Horse
Envy - Ape
Gluttony - Pig
Lust - Cow
Anger - Bear
Greed - Frog
Sloth - Goat

Fredward
2007-04-01, 07:57 PM
I'm feeling
Wrath - Grapes

EvilElitest
2007-04-01, 10:29 PM
I did somthing like this a while back, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36896)
I didn't finish though
from,
EE

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-01, 10:38 PM
Let's see...

Lust- Any animal that would work as a fertility symbol would work here. Horses, Bulls, Goats, Rabbits, Rats...
Greed- The only animal that hoardes things that I know of are Magpies... Though Any highly territorial creature could work here as well.
Envy- This one is hard since there's nothing relating to it in the animal kingdom, though Monkeys would be my pick.
Pride- Anything with Royal/Regal symbolism (Lion, Eagle, Tiger...) would work. Also any really flashy animal. (Peacocks as earlire stated...)
Gluttony- An animal that eats a lot, especially for it's size. At first you might think "Hippo" or "Elephant", but let's not forget some of the smaller, faster animals often eat incredible amounts for their size. (Hummingbird and Mice come to size. They can REALLY pack it away.). Also Sharks and Pirahnas.
Sloth- Anything slow and lazy, or more appropriately in my opinion, a Parasite. Like a Leech or Anthrpomorphic Tapeworm or Flea. (What's lazier than literally just feeding off someone while they do the work?)
Wrath-Any animal that is prone to violence. Bears, Gorrilas, Dogs, Siamese fighting Fish...

Hope that helps!

Lemur
2007-04-01, 10:40 PM
I thought that goats were considered to have lecherous connotations back in the day, making a goat type creature appropriate for lust.

Anyway, I thought this thread was going to be about what people considered to be the 7 Deadly Opinions to be. That would make for some interesting encounters, I think.

Daracaex
2007-04-01, 11:35 PM
Yes. In the past, goats were considered the embodiment of lust.

I know of this one species of Frog that will eat anything at any time. Even if it's another of its own kind, it will try to eat it no matter what, even if it kills it. I saw it on Animal Planet's Top Ten Gluttons. So maybe throw a gigantic frog at the party?

Triaxx
2007-04-02, 05:46 AM
Lust is easy. Just throw a Succubus at them.

Latronis
2007-04-02, 05:55 AM
Snake: Gluttony

My brother suggessted that aswell, well he specifically said anaconda but same diff

Spider: Lust

uh why?

Wolf: Envy

I don't know if i particularly see wolves as envy...

Shark: Wrath

nor sharks and wrath fish dont get fired up >_<

gluttony could work here too.

Envy - Magpie, they're always after your shiny things!

Actually yeah i think one of them thieving birds would work better for envy rather then greed..

I know of this one species of Frog that will eat anything at any time. Even if it's another of its own kind, it will try to eat it no matter what, even if it kills it. I saw it on Animal Planet's Top Ten Gluttons. So maybe throw a gigantic frog at the party?

That's already happened, and is actually the reason for the shared dream.

just replace frog with toad

and add 'from hell'

I forgot that about goats, i think thats the best one for lust so far.

I seem to remember reading something about a type of sloth who actually goes mouldy while it's still alive. I think i could work with that.

Sloth: Sloth
Lust: Goat
Wrath: Ape (i prefer the imagery of a gorilla as opposed to a bear or elephant)
Envy: Magpie

Pride: Lion\Peacock

Gluttony: Snake

Greed: Rat?

Triaxx
2007-04-02, 10:21 AM
Greed? Squirrel.

alchemy.freak
2007-04-02, 10:40 AM
Envy should be the snake, i dunno why, i just picture the snake as being an envious creature

mikeejimbo
2007-04-02, 11:45 AM
I could see a snake as a good one for lust, too.

Shurz
2007-04-17, 12:31 PM
another candidate for gluttony - if given too much food, chameleons will eat themselves to death

Amphimir Míriel
2007-04-17, 07:53 PM
Some of these have been mentioned before, but these are the ones I like:

Gluttony : Racoon
Lust : Female Mantis? (dunno)
Sloth : Sloth (duh!)
Pride : Lion
Envy : Cuckoo
Greed : Magpie
Wrath : Shark or Wolverine

Aristrofl
2007-04-17, 07:57 PM
Gluttony = HIPPO!

Geeze, raccoon? what are you all thinking?! And Pig is way gluttonier.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-17, 07:58 PM
Gluttony: Turkey
Lust: Dolphin
Sloth: Snail
Pride: Lion
Envy: Human
Greed: Magpie

Daracaex
2007-04-18, 12:23 AM
Do they have to be animal? Because you could make gluttony a man-eating plant that eats everything as in The Sins. (http://www.sincomics.com)

Maryring
2007-04-18, 05:39 AM
Any animal that has a chance to eat itself to death if given enough food fits for Gluttony. Of such animals I know rabbits and hares are prone to that. Unfortunately I don't know much more. I've seen animals represent virtues more often than vices, but most of the suggestion above would work. Though some won't. (A hummingbird isn't gluttonous. Gluttony is to eat more than you need. Hummingbirds just need an insane amount of food each day to survive.)