PDA

View Full Version : Undermountain! [IC]

JDL
2015-01-11, 07:56 PM
Undermountain! [OOC] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?392438-Undermountain!-OOC&p=18643688)

The last echoes of the crowd’s toasts and betting whisper about you as you descend into the well. As the flickering light from the torches above fades, a chill overtakes you, and you find yourself still sinking with no end in sight. You drop slowly and steadily deeper on the rope, almost as if you were the bait on an unweighted fishing line in placid waters, but the cold and the quiet of the well that surrounds you is anything but peaceful. The silence has more of a threatening quality to it.

After being lowered for what seems like too long a time, you at last see the bottom. Below you stretches sand-covered ground and whatever fate awaits you in Undermountain.

Several inches of sand covers the floor of this roughly square room. Broken and dented shields hang on stone walls covered with chalk and charcoal graffiti. The ceiling looms a mere 10 feet above you - as it does in the hallway that leads out of the room to the south - but a 30-foot-diameter hole in the ceiling forms a chimney that rises up over a hundred feet.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100241)

Galvin
2015-01-11, 08:55 PM
As soon as his diminutive feet touch the ground from the descent, Allister is about, examining everything carefully and examining his surroundings. Down here... one misstep could lead to death, I must look at everything... Placing each footstep carefully and watching for suspicious traps, Allister surveys the room.

[roll0]

The search check is for examining the room whilst his companions catch up. I don't expect to find anything, just trying to role-play curiosity a bit

I'm assuming that are characters are already acquainted with each other?

JDL
2015-01-11, 10:20 PM
Walking around the room carefully as you examine the room's contents, you note that the shields hanging on the walls appear to be purely decorative in nature. The graffiti on the walls is a mishmash of various languages, many of which stating 'So-and-so was here' and a date to signify the accomplishment of a dare or proof of fulfilment of a bet. Others are messages from previous adventurers entering or, more rarely, leaving.

Some of the ones that catch your attention:

"Hesod—Went to check out strange music only Jayce can hear. Have a few drinks until we get back."

"It’s been two days. Leave a message if you have returned. Signed, Hesod."

"It’s been two weeks. I can wait no longer. I’ll search for you myself. None of our friends would come with me. If you are not with me when you read this, then I am dead. Avenge my death on those who abandoned us in our time of need. Signed, Hesod."

"Durnan is a bastard. I swear by Gruumsh that when I get out of here I’ll stuff his throat with gold pieces until he chokes. Signed, Slurg."

"Many swords come here. Do not stay."

"Here waits a secret door, but you will not find it or you won’t be able to open it, and then you’ll rot here in this pit. Ha ha."

"Beware the she-wolf and her night hounds. They killed Sarth."

"You came here unbidden, now you’ll die in this midden."

"Tymora, remember me."

"Durembar Ironshanks was here and killed more orcs than he could count."

"That means eleven."

"Beware the eastern passages. The Metal Mage has made them his home, and he is not to be trifled with."

"When you hear screaming, go the other way."

"Coward!"

"Sorci Laughmantle died somewhere in that maze. She wears a heart-shaped brass ring. If you find her, say a prayer over her bones. We didn’t have time."

J-H
2015-01-11, 10:56 PM
Gorin
"One of these passages in dwarven says that orcs swarmed like locusts at one point. I can't tell how old it is. No way to go but forward, probably."

A large snake (medium viper) slithers out of his pack. He whispers to it, and it slithers down the hall a little ways, tasting the air.

As a dwarf, Gorin auto-searches for Stone-based traps, with a +2 Search modifier on them.

Sending the snake up ahead to see if it senses anything close by or any recent travelers. It's not in the D&D ruleset, but snakes have some form of heat sensing that may let them sense recent passers-by.

Galvin
2015-01-11, 11:34 PM
Acknowledging Gorin's comment, Allister replies, his eyes gazing over the inscriptions; "Aye, these passages in halfling and elvish also depict orcs, I think it would be fair to assume that we might be encountering them shortly."

DrK
2015-01-12, 01:20 AM
Telion looks around sharp eyes trying to pierce the darkness. I would suspect it matters not the direction we choose. Evil and danger will lurk in every corner.

Drawing the long curve blade he feels a little better with the steel in his hands.no traps to welcome us Allister? At least there is that. Does anyone have a preference for the route to go?

razorback
2015-01-12, 09:28 AM
Braklinn looks about the room and listens to the comments from the rest of the small group, then interjects with 'Tis seems some orc had a disagreement, probably with another orc but nothing good comes from the information, would seem." then he reads the note out loud to the others.
To the elf's question, he says Without any good information to go off of, one way is as good as another. I can take the lead with our halfling friend, keep my pig sticker out for when we do run into something. Any other ideas?" he finishes with a slight flourish with his guisarme.

Galvin
2015-01-12, 11:06 AM
Taking the que and wishing to screen their way ahead, Allister moves to the hallway and puts his keen eyes to work.

Allister will make two search checks examining 12a and 12b.

12a [roll0]
12b [roll1]

DrK
2015-01-12, 04:24 PM
Telion looks onwards with a smile. It will take some time to explore if we search every paving stone. Maybe we should press on and find some orcs?

He stands at the front and points. More haste, less caution. These tunnels are unlikely to be trapped. So many explorers have passed thus way.

Galvin
2015-01-12, 04:31 PM
"You're right, these ARE well traveled tunnels, if there were traps here, they're long gone now. Let's press on. We've got some orc to kill. The halfling beckons behind him for his companions to follow. I'll take the lead, to keep an eye out, with someone, well... a little bit more combat-inclined then myself.

JDL
2015-01-12, 06:01 PM
Stepping away from the rope, you see the lifeline to the surface begin to rise up into the hole in the ceiling. With this last connection to the surface gone, you are now well and truly on your own.

As you move towards the only apparent exit from this room, the light from the hole in the ceiling fades. Braklinn and Gorin, with your keen Dwarven eyes, find the darkness to be no great difficulty. However Allister and Telion both note their vision begins to darken. Gorin's snake companion likewise seems to waver uncertainly in the darkness, relying on its tongue to scent the direction to its master.

Please note your positions on the tactical map for the purpose of marching order. Moving in the shadowy area counts as concealment for those without darkvision. Moving further without a light source will impose the Blinded penalty (half movement speed, no Dex to AC, -2 AC penalty etc) on those without Darkvision (Allister, Telion and the snake animal companion).

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100530)

Galvin
2015-01-12, 07:23 PM
Fumbling around in his backpack for a source of light, Allister smiles as his small hand finds his quarry. The object in question is about a foot long and made of ornately carved sandalwood. Rising and shouldering his pack, Allister suddenly strikes the rod against the unworked stone of the wall. Suddenly, his sunrod springs to life. Sorry, dwarfies, but some us aren't as inclined to tunnel life as you."

I placed my marker ahead, if one of our melees wants to flank me or walk right in front of me, that would be fine.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100531)

JDL
2015-01-12, 07:44 PM
Galvin strikes his sunrod and glowing golden light fills the corridor. He can see that the passage bends to the west further up. The roof above is ten feet high, cracked and worn in places but otherwise stable. The walls are worked masonry of Dwarven origin, with bas-relief carvings in places that have been chipped and defiled by vandals long ago. The floor is composed of worked flagstone now that the group has moved past the sand below the well, and seems to shine in spots where the light hits it at the correct angle.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100540)

J-H
2015-01-12, 08:01 PM
Gorin
Seeing that his snake is half-blind, Gorin makes a few clicking noises and has the snake simply follow him. "Don't crowd up. I don't think you'll miss anything, but in case you do, we need to be spread out a bit."

DrK
2015-01-12, 10:55 PM
Telion looks at the sun rod cursing inwardly at his own stupidity for not remembering yo buy some. The looking back down the tunnel joins Allister at the front, eyes watching the tunnel ahead, body trembling with the spell fire energy within him.

I'll be at the front with Allister.
Posting from tablet sometimes so cant always view pyromancers.

Galvin
2015-01-13, 12:22 AM
"Shall we get moving, then?" The halfling beckons to his companions. "There are orcs to kill. No time for lollygaggin'.

razorback
2015-01-13, 08:56 AM
Spinning his guisarme, Braklinn nods in agreement with Allister.
"Au'right, lets be goin' then."

Posting from tablet sometimes so cant always view pyromancers.

Yeah, I had the same problem with my phone, so I might not be able to see it from work.

Galvin
2015-01-13, 10:23 AM
Motioning to his group, Allister begins to stride at a normal pace down the tunnel, keeping an eye out for any danger.

I believe marching order is Telion, with me directly behind him, and then the other two standing next to each other behind us.

Allister will be keeping an eye out using spot checks, if you want more than this one at any point, tell me.

[roll0]

I've taken the liberty of adjusting Pyromancers for those who cannot view it. This (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100576) is our marching order, if I'm not mistaken.

JDL
2015-01-13, 06:22 PM
As the group moves cautiously down the corridor, senses alert for danger, the southern corridor turns north and eventually widens into an eastern hallway that is twenty ft. wide. The light glistens on the flagstone floor in patches, and Allister spots some strange deposits of dried green slime crusted in corners. About halfway down the corridor both Telion and Gorin halt suddenly. Telion's keen elven senses detect that there is a strange flow of air coming from the wall nearby, like a draft from beneath a door. Gorin's dwarven eyes can see that the wall isn't completely flat, and the carvings around the area are designed to cleverly conceal a seam that runs around the edge of the wall.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100711)

Telion and Gorin may make reactive Search checks vs. DC 20 secret door to find a way to open it

Galvin
2015-01-13, 07:14 PM
Turning with a confused glance towards his elven and dwarven friends, Allister quips, with a smirk on his face: "What's the matter? Stubbed your toe?" Before taking a second, more serious, glance at the patch of wall, squinting to pick out what the keener senses of his friends have discovered, even going as far as to lick his finger and stick it in the air to find any air current. After trying tenaciously, Allister gives up with a frustrated humph, hating to be left out.

razorback
2015-01-13, 07:21 PM
Braklinn, seeing the others slow, shifts his stance and watches the rear for surprise.
"You kids fin' sumthin' up there?" he asks over his shoulder.

J-H
2015-01-13, 08:06 PM
Gorin

Gorin carefully checks over the outline of the door, taking his time to figure out how to open it.

Well then, taking 20!

JDL
2015-01-13, 08:52 PM
As you search, you notice a small loose stone set into the floor near the door. It appears well worn, like others before you have pressed it many times. You appear to have found a way to open the secret door! You do not detect any obvious traps, but that doesn't mean opening the door won't prove dangerous. You must decide whether you risk opening the door or continue down the hallway.

Galvin
2015-01-13, 09:51 PM
Standing on his tip-toes to gaze over the dwarf's shoulder, Allister peeks at the loose stone. "Found something? A secret door? Humph...

Shouldering his companions out of the way, Allister will look over the doorway and examine the stone, attempting to determine if this passage has been opened recently.

Spot: [roll0]

JDL
2015-01-13, 11:00 PM
Your keen eyes don't spot anything hidden or disguised. Now that you've observed Gorin searching the doorway, you are aware of the loose stone that appears to open it.

Finding footprints requires a Search check, not Spot. Tracking footprints would require a Survival check (and the Track feat if appropriate).

Galvin
2015-01-13, 11:17 PM
Searching, searching, searching...

[roll0]

JDL
2015-01-13, 11:48 PM
Searching the hard stone floor you feel despair at finding any sign of a creature passing. The ground is too hard to leave any impressions of passage. Then suddenly your eyes spot a mark! On the floor there appears to be a trail of green slime that has hardened and crusted. In this slime you see the footprint of some manner of small creature. It's about the same size as your own halfling feet, though you're sure this was made by no member of your kind. Near the secret door you also spy a grubby handprint, like someone had laid their filthy palm against the wall. It is approximately the same height as where your own hand would rest.

Galvin
2015-01-14, 12:11 AM
Allister beckons his companions closer, whilst keeping his vision fixed on his findings. Here! Footprints... and a handprint, something's through here, something about my size, and I don't think it came back out after it went in. I'm betting goblins. Any other guesses? Allister rises from his hunched position to to gaze at his party mates.

So, shall we kill us some goblin?

DrK
2015-01-14, 01:02 AM
Telion nods approval as the secret door is found. With his curse and his casting out into the human world he had become far more urban than his kin. On news of goblins he eagerly joins the others by the door. I despise goblins, let us seek them out and slaughter them!

razorback
2015-01-14, 01:25 PM
"Let's see what you have here..." Braklinn says as he moves forward and looks at the tracks.

Search
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]
Survival
[roll2]

JDL
2015-01-14, 05:12 PM
Survival skill success!

Braklinn's keen eyes see the signs of passage pointed out by Allister. There's evidence of movement between here and the room you'd just came from, and judging by the number of tracks it's likely to be a half a dozen or more creatures that made them. They appear humanoid in size and shape, though small in size like a halfling.

DrK
2015-01-15, 01:49 AM
Telion smiles, Goblins, little better than vermin passing through his mind. Sworrd outstretched and body fikked the strange dark energy he ducked through the secret door.

JDL
2015-01-15, 02:53 AM
Stepping forward, Telion presses the concealed switch, and with a smooth click the door pops open. He swings it open and reveals the room inside, the light from your group's sunrod piercing into the darkness.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=100848)

The lone figure ahead appears to be a small goblin, perhaps tasked with guarding this door but currently leaning against the wall digging inside one nostril with a dirty finger.

Begin Surprise Round

Galvin
2015-01-15, 10:15 AM
Although slightly startled by the unexpected appearance of his foe, Allister wastes no time, sidestepping between Telion and the Snake, and stepping forward, unhinging his sling from his belt as he goes. Arriving well within range, Allister drops one of the lead bullets into his sling and begins to swing before launching the deadly missile towards the unsuspecting goblin.

Allister uses 10ft of his movement to move to K8 on the tactical map.

Sling Attack:
Sling Damage: [roll]1d3+1d6
If Critical: 2d3+1d6

Galvin
2015-01-15, 10:17 AM
I fudged up the damage dice rolls in my first post by accident, so here they are.

[roll0] + [roll1]

DrK
2015-01-15, 01:30 PM
Telion grins, a husky "Surprise vile wretch" as he steps in blade swinging! Happy for the chance to spill green blood.

On tablet so can't see map. Please move to square beside goblin
Chop... Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

J-H
2015-01-15, 08:48 PM
Gorin
Seeing that combat is imminent, Gorin channels magic into his club. The smell of fresh-cut hickory wafts through the air as it seems to grow in side.

Shillelagh, duration 1 minute.
My non-magical club is now a +1 with 2d6 base damage

Galvin
2015-01-15, 10:58 PM
Oh, really? OK, cancel my movement part of my action. I'm still within 30ft, so still Sneak Attack.

JDL
2015-01-16, 04:20 AM
Braklinn's turn skipped due to inactivity

With the advantage of surprise Telion moves forward quickly, charging the goblin ahead and swinging his falchion in a swift flowing slash. The slice cuts deep, spraying gore and blood across the ground and felling the goblin where he stands.

Allister sees the perfect shot but when Telion fells the goblin with one stroke he pauses and holds the bullet in his sling, ready to attack if he sees another foe.

Gorin casts a spell to enhance his weapon, and the club he wields becomes stout and strong.

End Surprise Round
Begin Round 1

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101018)

Several small humanoids with flat faces, broad noses, pointed ears, wide mouths, and small, sharp fangs lurk within this room, lounging around, sleeping, eating, torturing insects and rats, and playing games of chance. They quickly drop their petty amusements and prepare for combat.

Initiative!
Party: [roll0]
Enemies: [roll1]

razorback
2015-01-16, 08:59 AM
Braklinn, moves forward and seeing more opposition, stands his ground next to the elf.
"Can't have you taking all the fun now, can I?" he says grimly as he sets himself up.
"Come'on, piggies, let's see what ya made of!" he yells to the goblins.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 10

Full round action
Move to K-5

Free action
Speak and taunt

Effects~

Galvin
2015-01-16, 11:32 AM
"That's a lotta goblins... Allister moans, before darting with his stopped sling bullet between his companions to reach adjacent to the elf. THERE's a shot! He says launching the leaden shot into the room.

Allister moves to K6 on the tactical map, and launches his sling bullet at the goblin in G2.

He's within 30ft and hasn't acted yet so he should be flatfooted and open for a Sneak Attack if I'm not mistaken. If there's something I'm missing just subtract the Sneak Attack damage.

[roll0]

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (Sneak Attack)
If Critical: [roll3] + [roll4] (Sneak Attack)

DrK
2015-01-16, 01:17 PM
Falling into the stance of the snow crane Telion readies to decapitate the first to approach him. Glancing sideways, a small smile and "Elves and dwarves and the green skin, a millennia of war still lives on..."

Ready to chop any goblin that approaches
Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

J-H
2015-01-16, 01:47 PM
Gorin
Gorin moves ahead into the room, swinging his oversized club menacingly, as his snake follows him.

Double move to J3, snake to K3. Map updated.

JDL
2015-01-16, 05:58 PM
One goblin appears more confident and capable than the others, wearing better armor and wielding a longsword rather than a morningstar. He orders the others around with harsh, short phrases in the goblin tongue, and suddenly the group moves with purpose as it spreads out around you.

"Sluggards, to arms! get up you filthy sh!tstains, weapons out!"
Enemy Group Actions:
Move Action: Stand from prone
Move Action: Draw weapons

Round 1 Finished
Begin Round 2

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101085)

J-H
2015-01-16, 06:01 PM
Gorin
Gorin steps forward and swings his club in an overhand stroke at the closest goblin; the goblin sidesteps easily, smirking, and the club hits the floor with a loud clunk.

5' step to i2. Snake 5' slithers to j2.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crits [roll2][roll3]

Galvin
2015-01-16, 08:50 PM
Darting between the elf and the dwarf, Allister darts about to end with his back against the wall, reloading his sling, he takes aim for another goblin.

Allister moves to K4 on the tactical map.

I'm making a sling attack against "Goblin 3" in H2.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Damage (If Critical) [roll2]

razorback
2015-01-17, 11:00 AM
"Let's see a bit o' your green, buggers!" Braklinn yells, bloodlust rising, as he rushes forward and slashes with his guisarme.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 14
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 10

Full round action
Charge to H-4 and attack F-4
[roll0] includes +2 for charging

Crit Confirmation as necessary
[roll1] includes +2 for charging

Damage
[roll2]

Free action
Speak and taunt

Effects~
Charge - +2 to hit and -2 AC

DrK
2015-01-17, 12:21 PM
Telion looks at the others as they charge in and grins. Rolling forward he vaults up high bring the curved blade down in a savage chop, "the scythe reaps the grain" as his age old instructors described it.

Sorry, on tablet. Please move me to nearest living goblin, flank if possible.
[Roll]1d20+4[ roll] dam [roll0]

JDL
2015-01-17, 07:44 PM
Gorin moves and attacks one of the goblins, but his swing goes wide and misses! Allister follows by stepping forward to get a clear shot and slings his bullet at the same goblin, which cracks against the creature's head and leaves it reeling. Finally Braklinn charges up with a bellow and cleaves the goblin completely in half! The creature never even knew what hit it as it falls to the ground dead.

Meanwhile Telion steps behind Braklinn and engages with the closest foe. His bloody falchion weaves through the air and snaps forward, slashing through the goblin's armour and spilling his guts out of the front of his belly. The creature slumps to the ground in death.

The remaining goblins screech and shout as they watch their companions get butchered. The tough looking goblin in the back starts shouting at them in their own guttural language to get them organized.

"Shields out you piles of puke! Scabface and Fartbucket flank the dwarf with the pointy metal on a stick! If you get in close he can't gut you with it. Snotstain and Boilsucker flank the elf! The other two aren't worth worrying about."

Leaping into action the remaining goblins draw their shields and move in to follow their leader's orders.

All Goblins
Standard Action: Ready light wooden shields

Goblin 2
Move Action: Move 20 ft. to h5 (provokes attacks of opportunity from Braklinn and Gorin)

Goblin 5
Move Action: Move 20 ft. to h3 (provokes attacks of opportunity from Braklinn)

Goblin 6
Move Action: Move 25 ft. to f5

Goblin 7
Move Action: Move 30 ft. to g4 (provokes attacks of opportunity from Braklinn)

Goblin 8
Move Action: Open door at b1

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101184)

J-H
2015-01-17, 08:33 PM
Gorin
Gorin takes another swing as one of the goblins gets close to him.

AOO
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crits [roll2] [roll3]

JDL
2015-01-17, 08:44 PM
Gorin's club lashes out and the goblin's head explodes from the impact! Teeth go flying across the room like marbles.

Goblin 2 killed!

J-H
2015-01-17, 08:55 PM
Gorin
Gorin uses the backswing to spin around, as he charges at the leader. "Don't be running away just now!"

charge!
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crits [roll2] [roll3]

Snake follows at best speed (20', to F2). I don't think snakes can charge since they don't have legs.

I moved the goblin token off to the side since I don't know how to remove him completely.

DrK
2015-01-18, 12:03 AM
Spinning around twisting in the defensive sword form of Leaf on the breeze the almost dance like movements relax Telion as he spins around blade reaching out yo the nearest goblin.

Attack adjacent goblin (prioritise) any that a between me and the boss goblin
[roll0] dam [roll1]

razorback
2015-01-18, 12:28 AM
"One at a time, ya damn dungeon rats!" Braklinn yells as he takes a swing at the last of the goblins.

I can't see the map on the phone and Braklinn can only take one AoO, so he will either take a swing at the most wounded or, barring that, the one least damaged.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 14
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 10

[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Free action
Speak and taunt

Effects~
Charge - -2 AC

JDL
2015-01-18, 06:24 PM
As Gorin fells one foe, Braklinn uses the opportunity to thrust his halberd at another. His strike impales the goblin on the end of his halberd, and the creature screams once before falling to the ground in a pool of blood.

Goblin 5 killed!

Round 1 Finished
Begin Round 2

Gorin uses the death of the goblin to charge their leader, swinging his club at the well armoured foe. His strike is successful and with a solid crunch Gorin's bludgeon drives the goblin's face into the wall behind it, spraying an explosion of blood and brains across the stone. The goblin leader falls down with a gurgle of a sigh escaping the ruined mess that was once its face.

Goblin 8 killed!

Telion spins around and swings the scimitar that has already felled two of the goblins, but this time his attack fails to connect as his foe blocks the shot with their shield. The goblin in front of him looks around at the destruction the adventurers have wrought and wails in fear.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101308)

razorback
2015-01-18, 07:59 PM
Shaking his guisarme from being lodged in the goblins chest, Braklinn realizes that another one has entered his guard. Stepping back as he heaves his polearm back, yells out "Oh, ya want some, too? Told you piggies one at a time." as he swings.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 10

Free Action
5 foot step to I-4

Standard Action
Attack Goblin 7 in G-4
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

Galvin
2015-01-18, 08:08 PM
Losing patience for this slinging business, Allister drops his sling in favor of his shortsword, moving behind Braklin, he takes up a flanking position with Telion, attempting to backstap the unfortunate fellow.

Move Allister to G3 on the map.

Attacking Goblin in G4.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirmation: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

I know this might provoke an attack of opportunity, but I'm confident in my AC. :smalltongue:

Edit: Whoops. Drawing a weapon is a move-action... could we perhaps be lenient and say that since Allister didn't get to sling last round, since the goblin was killed by another, that he could've dropped/drawn last round? :smallwink:

JDL
2015-01-18, 08:46 PM
With a swing of his polearm Braklinn attempts to separate one of the goblins from their head, but the creature ducks under the blow by a hair's breadth.

Allister drops his sling, pulling his shortsword free and moving to flank the goblin Braklinn missed. As he moves, the goblin uses the opportunity to attack!

Goblin 7 attack of opportunity vs. Allister AC 19

Then the final two goblins move to flank Telion and take vengeance for his opening attack that killed their forward scout.

Goblin 7
Free Action: 5 ft. step to h5
Standard Action: Attack vs. Telion AC 18
Attack: [roll2] (+2 flanking bonus applied)
Damage: [roll3]

Goblin 6
Attack: [roll4] (+2 flanking bonus applied)
Damage: [roll5]

JDL
2015-01-18, 09:01 PM
Confirming Goblin 6 critical threat

JDL
2015-01-18, 09:15 PM
The attack on Allister misses by miles, with the goblin shaking in his boots at the thought of his current fate. Nevertheless, both the remaining goblins score solid hits on Telion, dropping the elven warrior to the ground bleeding! The two goblins hoot and cheer as they exact vengeance for their fallen comrades.

Telion takes 11 damage (-2 hp) [Prone, Dying]
End of round roll for Telion to become stable (1-10) or lose 1 hit point
[roll0]

Round 2 Finished
Begin Round 3

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101327)

razorback
2015-01-18, 09:48 PM
"Haha, pointy-ears, that's the spirit!" Braklinn yells at the elf as he takes a step back and tries to cut the nearest goblin from shoulder to hip.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 10

Free Action
5 foot step to H-3

Standard Action
Attack Goblin 7 in H-5
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

Galvin
2015-01-18, 09:53 PM
Annoyed at the flight of his prey, as well as at the dropping of his elven friend, Allister lets out a sigh. "You're dead now, Goblin."

Move Allister to E5. Once again trusting in my 19 AC.

Attacking Goblin in F5

[roll0]
Critical Confirmation: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

I'm not flanking/ Sneak Attacking because Telion is down and thus I can't flank with him? If this is correct, good, but if somehow I'm mistaken, then add in this damage: [roll3], as well as increasing my attack/confirmation by 2 points.

J-H
2015-01-18, 10:52 PM
Gorin

The dwarf turns and charges at the closest Goblin, but the goblin sees him coming and ducks under the massive club.

Hey, I've been leaving off the dwarven +1 AB vs goblinoids!
Charge! [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crits [roll2] [roll3]

(move to E4, attack F5 goblin)

JDL
2015-01-18, 11:57 PM
Braklinn, Allister and Gorin attack the two goblins, but fail to land even a scratch on the creatures! When Allister closes in, he allows the goblin to take a swing at him, trusting in his reflexes and armour to protect him from the blow.

Goblin 6 attack of opportunity vs. Allister AC 19

The two goblins look like they've gained a second wind. After such a magnificent display against the elf they believe they have a fighting chance! Maybe, just maybe, their luck will hold out enough to take down the remaining three adventurers. Each steps towards Braklinn as they try to remove the next most threatening target.

Goblin 6
Free Action: 5 ft. step to g4
Standard Action: Attack vs. Braklinn AC 16
Attack: [roll2]

Goblin 7
Free Action: 5 ft. step to h4
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

End of round roll for Telion (-3 hp) to become stable (1-10) or lose 1 hit point
[roll6]

Round 3 Finished
Begin Round 4

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101340)

Galvin
2015-01-19, 12:53 AM
Darting forward and nimbly ducking into a combat roll, Allister attempts to tumble up behind his goblinoid quarry, denying it an opportunity to attack.

Allister is going to attempt to tumble into F4 to be flanking with Braklin.

Tumble Check vs. DC 15 [roll0]
If my check falls I provoke an AoO from Goblin 6.

After tumbling, Allister will attempt to attack the Goblin in G4.

Attack roll: [roll1]
Critical Confirmation: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]

J-H
2015-01-19, 09:52 AM
Gorin
Gorin makes a hissing noise and points at the goblins as he follows it with another swing of his club. His snake also moves to attack.

Gorin, 5' step to F4
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

Snake, 5' slither to G3, attacking G4, or H4 if G4 is down.
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3] plus poison [roll4] CON, Fort DC 11

razorback
2015-01-19, 03:39 PM
"Eh, think you have the upper hand? Take this hand!" Braklinn says with spite, backhanding the Goblin

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
5 foot step to I-4

Standard Action
Attack Goblin 7 in H-4 with Spiked Gaunlet
[roll0] I was forgetting my +1, too.

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~
+1 to hit vs goblinoids

JDL
2015-01-19, 05:40 PM
Allister tumbles forward but his foot slips on the rapidly expanding pool of blood surrounding Telion. The halfling stumbles and provokes an attack from the goblin! Allister swings his shortsword at the goblin in return but the weapon merely bounces off the goblin's shield. Gorin tries to smash the creature's brains out but his attack is also unsuccessful at breaking the creature's guard. He points and hisses at the goblin, directing his companion to attack! The snake slithers forward, baring sharp fangs and snaps out at the goblin, sinking its teeth deep into the creature's flesh and pumping poison into the wound. Meanwhile Braklinn uses his gauntlet to punch the second goblin square in the face, and the blow seems to knock the creature senseless. It reels from the attack, blood gushing from the wound, and appears to be disabled by the blow but not knocked out.

Goblin 6 attack of opportunity vs. Allister AC 19

DC 10 free action Handle Animal check to direct animal companion to attack
[roll2]

Goblin 6 Fort save vs. DC 11 viper poison
[roll3]

JDL
2015-01-19, 05:50 PM
As the tide swings once again in the adventurer's favour, the two goblins make one last effort to take down their enemies. Each steps towards Braklinn and takes a swing, desperately trying to fell the stout dwarf. Immediately after the goblin who was punched by Braklinn attacks, it falls to the ground as the blood loss overwhelms it, slipping into the fatal embrace of death.

Goblin 6
Free Action: 5 ft. step to h3

Goblin 7
Free Action: 5 ft. step to i5
Attack: [roll2]

Goblin 7 falls unconscious!

Round 4 Finished
Begin Round 5

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101606)

J-H
2015-01-19, 06:07 PM
Gorin
The club and the snake both lash out, seeking the spill goblinoid blood.

Gorin, 5' step to G2
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

Snake
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3] plus poison [roll4] CON, Fort DC 11

JDL
2015-01-19, 06:16 PM
Gorin's club swings like the hammer of the gods. The strike obliterates everything above the goblin's neck, and pieces of bloody shrapnel go spinning off around the room!

END COMBAT
Exp: 500
Loot: 260 gp 5 sp 5 cp each

J-H
2015-01-19, 07:34 PM
Gorin

"And that, gentlemen, is how dwarves invented the game of golf!"

Gorin uses his Wand of Cure Light wounds on the pansy elf twice to cure
[roll0] and [roll1] damage.

Galvin
2015-01-19, 08:07 PM
Allister examines the carnage before offering a hand to the downed elf to help him rise, grinning all the while.

Spinning on his heel, Allister beings to pace the room, looking to see if this chamber is a dead end, or another wing of the dungeon entirely.

JDL
2015-01-19, 10:09 PM
Walking over to the west end of the room, Tad can see there are two stone doors, one of which was opened by the goblin leader during the fight. He sees the passage continues down towards the west as far as his light shines, though there's a side passage to the south that curves out of sight.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101627)

DrK
2015-01-19, 10:29 PM
Telion opens his eyes as the healing stick prods him. Feeling sore he releases a fragment of his own power, wounds glowing purple as they knit together. Taking the hand up he cleans the blade on a corpse. "I am sorry my friends. Bested by goblins. I do not know how I shall live with the shame. "

Gesturing at the door the leader went through he grunted at the others, " Shall we follow it?"

Galvin
2015-01-20, 12:03 AM
"I rather like that suggestion, Telion." Allister says with a grin "More loot to be had and more goblins to be killed. I would say they're easy money, but do to recent events..." Allister finds no need to finish the sentence, smirking about the obvious implications of his quip.

razorback
2015-01-20, 08:56 AM
Braklinn hefts his guisarme, looking at the dwarf. "Eh, its hard to fight two on one, they way they had you, boyo. There's no shame in it. I be sure that everyone will be in this predicament at one point or another during our little jaunt."

JDL
2015-01-20, 06:20 PM
Moving up together, you advance down the western corridor. To the south you see in the shadowy illumination of the sunrod's maximum range a room full of pillars at the bottom of a series of stairs. The corridor also progresses west as far as your vision allows you to perceive.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101769)

razorback
2015-01-20, 06:35 PM
Putting the butt of his polearm on the ground, Braklinn scratches his brow for a moment before saying "Well, boys, do we keep goin' fr'werd or do we see what the stairs hold fer us?" With that he hefts his weapon again.

Galvin
2015-01-20, 10:19 PM
"Stair's get my vote."

J-H
2015-01-20, 10:48 PM
Gorin
The dwarf gestures to the hallway to the west. "I'd rather clear this area out some before going downstairs. We don't want to leave a lot of enemies at our backs."

DrK
2015-01-21, 12:57 AM
Telion looks at both shrugging slightly "I suspect in this place we will always have enemies at our back. I agree with Allister about the stairs. It looks interesting down there."

JDL
2015-01-21, 01:41 AM
With Gorin being outvoted by the other three, the group turns south. Broad steps lead down into an irregularly shaped room filled with a forest of eight thick granite pillars. The vertebrae of some large beast lie scattered about the floor in a haphazard fashion. There are three other sets of broad stairs and exits, one for each compass point. Otherwise, the room appears empty. On the southeastern diagonal wall someone has written “Certain death this way!” with an arrow pointing at the southern exit. On the northwestern diagonal wall someone else has written “Even worse this way!” with an arrow pointing to the northern exit. Unlike in much of the rest of the dungeon, the ceiling in this room appears to be about 12 feet tall.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=101803)

As Gorin follows his companions, his dwarven senses note something appears amiss with the column directly in front of Allister.

Stonecunning: Gorin

J-H
2015-01-21, 09:19 AM
Gorin
"Stop. Something's wrong with that column right in front of you, Alistair. Do you see it?"

Search, take 20 (1-2 minutes right?). +0 modifier.

razorback
2015-01-22, 08:49 AM
As the others focus on the column, Braklinn moves further in the room, looking around to see if he sees or hears anything.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

Galvin
2015-01-22, 10:20 AM
"Let me take a look, there..." Allister mumbles, cautiously approaching the column.

[roll0]

If my search roll is not better than Gorin's 20, I will be instead using the aid-another action with my roll, giving Gorin a +2.

Edit: Nevermind. Nat 20!

JDL
2015-01-25, 12:48 AM
As Gorin and Allister both focus on the column in front of them, Braklinn moves into the room to see if he can spot anything more. His eyes don't detect movement and he hears no sound except the soft whisper of a wind in the distance. Satisfied with his examination, he returns to the group.

Allister and Gorin both finish their search of the column. Gorin can't see anything specifically wrong with the column itself, though perhaps someone skilled in construction or architecture would be able to tell more. It's also impossible to see the top of the column without attempting to climb up the side. Allister's keen eyes reveal very faint and distorted lines that make the pillar resemble a woman with a sword.

During the search, both Gorin and Telion note that they feel something amiss inside this room. With dawning horror they realize they are cut off from the flow of magic in the world!

DrK
2015-01-25, 01:25 AM
Looking around and seeing and feeling (?) nothing Telion is quick to shrug pointing sword at the nearest exit. "You dwarves eh? All them tales of you and stonework are true eh? Shall we keep on moving?"

Galvin
2015-01-25, 04:02 PM
Briefly running a diminutive hand over the lines, Allister turns away from the pillar towards his companions. "Nothing but some artwork. Strange, though, artwork in the Undermountain, should we investigate further?"

Noticing the odd expressions on his companion's faces, Allister twists up his own face in confusion and remarks: "What's wrong? Taste something sour?"

J-H
2015-01-25, 10:43 PM
Gorin
"This room is unnatural...there's no magic. I have heard mention of Dead Magic zones, but to think that an archmage would be mad enough to place one in his own land..."

razorback
2015-01-26, 11:06 AM
"Mayhap that fancy column you all be so interested in has wrought some magic that keeps your magic at bay?" Braklinn says as he moves around the room.
"Either way, I think we should keep moving on but remember this spot. Who knows if we might run across some foul magic users and would need to retreat here."

DrK
2015-01-26, 01:24 PM
Telion nods, "A good plan. If we are pressed by dark magics or unholy curses they may be suppresses in this chamber." Looking onwards he grins. "Let's see what else lurks down here".

Galvin
2015-01-26, 09:10 PM
We should go west or south. Going east, we would be going into the same area we just were.

J-H
2015-01-26, 11:16 PM
Gorin
"Let's go south."

razorback
2015-01-27, 01:29 AM
"Ah, south. One of my four favorite direct'shuns. It be equal to one ah the others to me, yes." Braklinn says after a moment pondering.
"Same order as b'fore?"

DrK
2015-01-27, 01:36 AM
Telion nods taking up a position beside Alister, keen elven eyes scanning the shadows in the faint light. "South is as good as any. All will lead to trouble I'm sure."

JDL
2015-01-28, 12:37 AM
The group advance through the room and take the southern corridor, heedless of the warning on the wall as they pass. In the blink of an eye, one of the stone pillars behind them becomes a silk-draped, beautiful female figure wielding a bastard sword. It hefts the blade and advances towards the adventurers!

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=103212)

Initiative!
Party: [roll0]
Enemies: [roll1]

Begin Round 1

razorback
2015-01-28, 10:23 AM
Braklinn moves forward and hefts sets his weapon at the woman as he takes a quick look around.
"Probably best fer everyone if you put yer sword away, lass."

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
Speak

Move Action
Move to L-12

Standard Action
Ready an action to attack the woman if she moves within range
[roll0]

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

Galvin
2015-01-28, 12:20 PM
Moving quickly, Allister ducks behind his companions to take cover behind a pillar, before lobbing off a sling-stone.

Move Allister to K14 on the tactical map.

Attack roll: [roll0]

If somehow this thing isn't a construct and is in fact Sneak Attack-able, add [roll2] to the damage.

DrK
2015-01-28, 01:35 PM
Telion steps forward to stand alongside Braklinn, sword raised ready to slice down if the strange woman approaches. "Hold,do not approach" he cries in elven and the common tongue.

Stand beside the dwarf
Ready an attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

J-H
2015-01-28, 10:29 PM
Gorin
Gorin moves up to complete the battle line, his club at the ready.

Move to J12,snake follows to J13. Ready action to attack if the statue/golem/thing moves in range.

Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

JDL
2015-01-28, 10:58 PM
The beautiful woman seems not to even notice your words as you step forward and ready to defend yourselves. She merely strides towards Telion purposefully and without hesitation. Braklinn's swing is the only one that connects with his target, the other attacks merely deflecting off the figure's stone hard skin. Braklinn feels a shocking resistance as he strikes the woman, like he'd hit a solid pillar of marble. A blow which you know would cleave deep into tissue and break bone seems only to score small scratches across the woman's skin, chipping away flakes of flesh that instantly turn into slivers of stone before hitting the ground.

Damage reduced by DR 8/adamantine

The woman raises her bastard sword over her head and chops down at Telion, the blade descending like a guillotine!

Enemy
Move Action: Move to j12

Round 1 Finished
Begin Round 2

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=103535)

Galvin
2015-01-29, 12:04 AM
Stepping back, apparently calm, Allister quips, his voice breaking with nervousness just the slightest, "Know when to hold 'em, know when fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run, eh? In this case, I'll gladly take the latter."

Double move, first to K17, then 10 more feet down the hall backwards. (Off map, so I can't see coordinates.)

DrK
2015-01-29, 12:11 AM
Telion life looks at the dwarf's blow bouncing off with a grimace before focusing internally on his own reserves of power, looking at the statuesque woman he releases some of the pent up energy within him in a blast of occtarine fire.

4 charges [roll0] half fire, half magic, supernatural, DC20 ref for half

JDL
2015-01-29, 01:56 AM
Telion reaches for his supernatural powers, but finds his connection to the weave is severed within this room!

Antimagic field within this room blocks Spellfire levels as per Magic of Faerun description of Spellfire p. 18:

Stored spellfire energy levels are unavailable in an antimagic field, but are not lost.

J-H
2015-01-29, 08:53 AM
Gorin
"It must be a golem! We can't handle this, run!"

Withdraw full round action down the same hallway as the others.

razorback
2015-01-29, 11:28 AM
Gorin
"It must be a golem! We can't handle this, run!"

"Yes, lads! The blow I swung would have felled an elephant. I think this thing be more than we can handle." as he takes one last swing before retreating down the hall.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
Speak

Standard Action
Ready an action to attack the woman if she moves within range
[roll0]

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Move Action
Move to K-16

Effects~

DrK
2015-01-31, 10:54 PM
Telion reaches for the magic within, the curse that has so blighted his life only to find it not present. Looking at the stony faced woman he rolled backwards retreating directly away from her...

I shall withdraw away from her. Moving to beside Braklinn.

JDL
2015-01-31, 11:52 PM
Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104045)

As the party withdraw back down the south corridor, the creature pursues them! Braklinn swings his weapon but the blow simply glances off her smooth skin. The woman again raises her wicked bastard sword high overhead, swinging down at Telion. Her face shows absolutely no expression, the eyes not even seeming to look directly at her victim. If not for the deadly movement of her limbs, you could swear she was carved out of stone.

Enemy
Move Action: Move to k2
Attack:
Damage: 1d10+7[/roll]

As Allister and Gorin flee down the corridor, their eyes spot at the extreme edge of vision that the ground seems to drop away. There's some kind of chasm across the floor ahead!

Round 2 Finished
Begin Round 3

JDL
2015-01-31, 11:55 PM
Confirming critical threat vs. Telion AC 18 and rolling damage
Damage: [roll]1d10+7]
Critical Damage: [roll1]

JDL
2015-01-31, 11:58 PM
One more time:
[roll0]

JDL
2015-02-01, 12:03 AM
There's a spray of blood as the woman's sword cleaves deep into Telion's neck, severing the artery and killing him where he stands. Her face and clothes are drenched in the back-splash, and the sword she holds is coated in gore.

Galvin
2015-02-01, 01:17 PM
Allister continues to sprint down the corridor, as fast as he can.

I can move 80 feet, sprinting.

razorback
2015-02-01, 06:22 PM
Braklinn, looking conflicted at leaving his fallen elf companion besides him, withdraws with the others.
"We will be back for you, lad! We will return to properly baree ya!" he vows to himself.

Withdraw action to L-11.

JDL
2015-02-02, 10:05 PM
Allister turns and runs down the corridor as Braklinn shouts to Telion's corpse as he withdraws. Allister can see that the chasm ahead has torn through the floor, and he pulls up teetering on the edge. Twenty feet below him the ground is a jumbled mess of broken earth and stone. The wall down appears to be rough and crumbling, though there's enough natural handholds to descend if he wishes to try climbing. Alternatively he could attempt to jump down, trusting in his skills to avoid twisting his ankle or striking the rough stone below. There's a very thin edge of stone that runs to the west that he could try inching across to stay above the chasm, but it would take great skill in balancing on such a rough surface.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104450)

Chasm floor is 20 ft. down (fall damage 2d6)
Deliberately jumping down converts 10 ft. to nonlethal damage
Climb DC 15 to attempt to climb down the rough stone wall at quarter speed as a move action
Climb DC 25 to attempt to climb down the rough stone wall at half speed as a move action
Jump DC 15 to attempt to avoid 10 ft. falling damage (does not stack with Tumble)
Tumble DC 15 to attempt to avoid 10 ft. falling damage (does not stack with Jump)
Balance DC 15 to attempt to move west along the edge of the chasm at half speed as a move action

J-H
2015-02-02, 11:49 PM
Gorin
Gorin scoops his snake up, slipping it into his pack, and then runs for the edge.

If I'm not mistaken, the best I can do is a standard action to pick the snake up and a double move to the edge, putting Gorin at K16

Galvin
2015-02-03, 12:35 AM
Working up his never and licking his lips before deliberately jumping into the chasm, Allister knows that this is his only way out.

I'll take Door #1, please. 1d6 nonlethal!

JDL
2015-02-03, 01:34 AM
The female statue strides forward, her entire front dripping gore from Telion's brutal slaughter. She enters the range of Braklinn's halberd and strides uncaringly past, provoking an attack of opportunity!

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104455)

razorback
2015-02-03, 08:46 AM
"Curse ya where you stand!" Braklinn yells at the uncaring statuesque woman.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
Speak

Attack of Opportunity - Touch/trip attack
Touch
[roll0]

Opposed strength check to trip
[roll1]

Effects~

JDL
2015-02-03, 05:21 PM
Opposed Strength Roll:
[roll0]

JDL
2015-02-03, 05:29 PM
There's a crash as Braklinn hooks his halberd around the stone maiden's heel, pulling hard and sending her tumbling to the ground! The woman's face shows absolutely no emotion as she stands back up, giving the party valuable seconds to make good their escape.

Enemy
Move Action: Move to k9
Standard Action: Stand from prone

Round 2 Finished
Begin Round 3

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104455)

J-H
2015-02-03, 09:58 PM
Gorin
Gorin moves ahead and tries to jump safely into the chasm.

Jump [roll0] darn ACP
Nonlethal damage [roll1]
Painful damage [roll2]

razorback
2015-02-04, 12:46 PM
As the stone maiden stands, Braklinn runs to where his companions are.

"Yer plan be to climb away from that thing!?!?!?" he says in surprise.

Double move to L-19.

JDL
2015-02-04, 07:17 PM
There's a scuffle of stone as the edge crumbles down when Gorin leaps from the end of the corridor into the chasm. This is swiftly followed by a yowl of pain as a rather sharp rock finds a rather sensitive place to get stuck in.

Allister throws himself off the side, but as he readies to jump the floor crumbles away beneath him! His balance completely lost, he tumbles down and lands square on his head in landing.

Braklinn continues to charge down the corridor, advancing towards where his remaining two allies disappeared over the edge of the chasm. The stone maiden advances towards Braklinn, and as she ignores the warrior's halberd she provokes an attack of opportunity!

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104854)

razorback
2015-02-04, 07:38 PM
Bralinn, seeing Allister going over the side, realizes he is out of options.
"Curse on whoever created you!" he says as he tries to entangle the creatures legs once again.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
Speak

Attack of Opportunity - Touch/trip attack
Touch
[roll0]

Opposed strength check to trip
[roll1]

Effects~

JDL
2015-02-04, 08:03 PM
Opposed Strength Roll:
[roll0]

JDL
2015-02-04, 08:06 PM
Braklinn's attack hooks between the woman's legs, but this time he feels a tremendous resistance! His strength isn't able to lift the woman's weight enough to unbalance her, and she remains standing. With a casual twist, she turns the attack back on Braklinn, forcing the warrior to either drop his weapon or attempt to resist being tripped in return!

Reactive Trip vs. Braklinn
[roll0]

razorback
2015-02-04, 09:19 PM
"What?!?! You crazy stone wench!? Trying to trip me with me own weapon, are ya?" the dwarf says as he struggles with the stone woman.

I knew it couldn't last. Fingers crossed.

Counter
[roll0]

JDL
2015-02-04, 09:55 PM
Braklinn successfully resists the counterstrike of the stony faced woman, though his weapon strains to near breaking from the contest. She moves close to Braklinn, her bloody sword inches away now.

Enemy
Move Action: Move to k15
Standard Action: Move to k18

Round 3 Finished
Begin Round 4

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=104861)

Galvin
2015-02-05, 11:16 AM
Alister keeps running, into the darkness, relying on his sunrod to light his path.

Move to K26

razorback
2015-02-05, 02:35 PM
"Argggh, damminint!" Braklinn yells as he takes a step and jumps down the precipice, leaning against the wall and trying leverage himself as best he can.

Braklinn

AC ~16; Current ~ 16
HP ~ 10; Current ~ 8

Free Action
Speak

Tumble down to reduce damage
Vs DC 15
[roll0]

Effects~

JDL
2015-02-05, 08:57 PM
With a clatter and thud, Braklinn slides down the steep wall of broken stone that leads to the bottom of the chasm. The fall is far from graceful and he suffers many cuts and bruises as he lands heavily at the bottom.

The stone maiden above doesn't even seem to note your presence. She simply turns on her heel and retreats down the corridor in the same direction she'd come from. You hear her steady footsteps fade into silence in the moments that pass.

END COMBAT
Exp: 0
Loot: None

With the immediate danger now gone, Allister checks south in the chasm while Gorin uses his Darkvision to see the west.

It appears to Gorin that the chasm runs westward and turns north, continuing out of his vision range. The area to the south and east appear completely filled with rubble, impossible to pass without serious work. It's likely this chasm was made when some great earthquake or high level spell tore through the area, collapsing many of the old tunnels that were once here.

Allister checks for additional danger, and spots an orc! However this particular orc is one he's familiar with. He knew Gashur from the Yawning Portal several days ago when the adventuring company was first planning their expedition. Gashur's group of four descended the same route as yours, and you bet ten gold pieces they'd come back within the day. You lost that bet, since they never came back at all. It looks like Gash is the last one left, obviously better suited than his former companions to surviving the dangers of Undermountain.

Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=105094)

Gash can't remember the last time he heard a friendly voice. Then, all of a sudden he hears the clattering and clanging as it starts raining adventurers! The two dwarves and the halfling pick themselves up and dust off the rubble from their flying leaps over the chasm edge, and you see in the glint of their sunrod the stony figure of the construct above retreating back to its original position. Your group was set upon by the same creature, and you were the only one to make it away unharmed. The goblins probably already scavenged their corpses too, if something worse hadn't found them first. All you know is you're happy to see people here that aren't instantly trying to murder you, and even if two of them are dwarves you'll tolerate the smell if need be. It seems they've found your resting place, which has served you well this last day. Nobody has disturbed you yet while you've camped here, pondering whether to attempt to climb out the way you came in or explore further to the north-west.

u-b
2015-02-07, 12:23 PM
"Hullo. Me name Gashur. Me friend."

A big green orc in a chain shirt, with a glaive in left hand and a steel gauntled on left hand, and a warhammer on right side of the belt, and a kurki on left side on the belt, and a quiver of javelins behind his back, and two rows of throwing stars on the belts across his chests, holds his right hand, with a steel spiked gauntlet on it, up, showing you the palm (of the gauntlet, not of the hand). Said palm otherwise appears open and empty.

"Me go here from city. Me go with friends. Friends die. You me new friends?"

Galvin
2015-02-07, 01:34 PM
A bit tentatively, Allister says: "Umm... sure, fellow. You can be MY friend. I'm Allister, the halfling." Turning to his companions, he winks and whispers, "We could use a new meat shield, now that the elf's gone."

razorback
2015-02-07, 02:19 PM
Braklinn looks apprehensively at the Orc but as Allister seems to know or remember him, he eases his guard a bit. Looking at the orc's equipment he says "Didja look at my 'quipment as we left town of what, boyo?"

JDL
2015-02-07, 11:11 PM
After a good few minutes of introductions, the party accepts the aid of Gashur in braving the dangers ahead. Will they strike camp for the day and rest their wounds or push on down the chasm? It appears they could attempt to climb up the slope they came through, or continue to the northwest following the course of the chasm along the bottom.

u-b
2015-02-07, 11:31 PM
The orc looks appraisingly at the dwarf for some time, squinting.

"Yo no smart. Yo no have nife. How yo cut mit wit no nife? How yo skin wit no nife?"

Then he pauses, looking at the dwarf's face for some, squinting.

"Be no town. No see yo in city."

Gash will follow his new friends. He needs no rest now.

J-H
2015-02-08, 09:19 AM
Gorin
"We may need to bandage our wounds and rest for a while, but an unstable pile of rocks isn't the place to do it. I can still swing my club. Let's go."

razorback
2015-02-08, 08:44 PM
Braklinn, still wary of being with the orc, nods in silent agreement as they prepare to move out.
"Right or left?" is all he says.

Galvin
2015-02-08, 11:49 PM
"Left. Why not?"

razorback
2015-02-09, 12:11 AM
Braklinn shrugs his shoulders and says to the orc "Gashur, you first. Great honor for new guys."

JDL
2015-02-09, 03:12 AM
Local Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=105637)

The party advances towards the widening passage of the chasm to the northwest. After travelling a few hundred feet, they spy at the edge of their light and darkvision a rickety rope bridge that has been strung across the chasm 20 ft. above them. The bridge consists of three thick spanning ropes, with one rope for standing on and two ropes for use as handholds. Additional ropes link the spanning ropes in a rough V shape every 5 feet.. The walls leading up to the rope bridge appear to be rough like the area they jumped down, and they could possibly attempt to climb up towards the ledge.

Spot checks please

u-b
2015-02-09, 09:03 AM
"Me no dumb yo tink. Yo no talk honor. Me no coward. Me go first."

So, Gashur goes first and...

[roll0]

razorback
2015-02-09, 09:17 AM
"Think watcha will, boy, think whatcha will." Braklinn says quitely with a dark smile.

Listen
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

JDL
2015-02-09, 09:06 PM
DC 20 Spot Success!

Braklinn's keen eyes, well used to life underground, spot a body laying at the extreme edge of the radius of Allister's sunrod. Its leg appears to be tangled in a knotted rope that leads up to the bridge, like the person fell while trying to cross and got caught on the way down. It's possible the group could use the rope to climb up to the bridge. Listening closely, he hears the faint sound of dripping water and the rustle of leathery wings with the occasional ultrasonic screech that's almost beyond audible range coming from far above.

Galvin
2015-02-09, 09:48 PM
Silently motioning his companions, Allister moves forward, examining the body, going through it's pockets, et cetera.

[roll0]

JDL
2015-02-09, 10:17 PM
The body appears to be stripped of all valuables. It seems like an adventurer, a human woman with dark red hair and a solid frame. The most disturbing part is that her upper body appears to be chewed and mangled, especially around the neck. You feel confident she was strangled somehow before being eaten though, judging by the dark bands of purple bruising that stand out on the dead flesh. She's probably not been here too long, maybe three or four days at most.

razorback
2015-02-10, 11:11 AM
As Allister inspects the bodies, Braklinn says quietly "Have a care, all ya. Something killed that person and I can hear what sounds like bats, but the undergrounds more horrors on wings than just those little flying rats."

u-b
2015-02-13, 11:00 AM
Gashur has care. He has lots. In fact, he just stands there, ready, looking, listening and doing nothing else until things happen or he is told otherwise.

razorback
2015-02-23, 02:13 AM
Braklinn watches as the others search the body , keeping an eye on their surroundings so as not to be taken by any surprises.