PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Assume Supernatural Ability

MediaMoogle
2015-01-11, 11:15 PM
Do I have to pick the ability when I chose the feat Assume Supernatural Ability, or can I chose it when I change into one form, and pick another when I get a different form.

WhamBamSam
2015-01-11, 11:33 PM
My reading is that Assume Supernatural Ability requires you to choose the ability when you take the feat. So just one ability, not one per form. However, if you can qualify for Metamorphic Transfer (the ML 5 is a little tricky, but there are ways of pulling it off without expending too much by way of build resources), you can choose a (Su) ability with each form you assume, and don't even have to deal with the little minor annoyances from Assume Supernatural Ability.

Crake
2015-01-12, 11:24 AM
My reading is that Assume Supernatural Ability requires you to choose the ability when you take the feat. So just one ability, not one per form. However, if you can qualify for Metamorphic Transfer (the ML 5 is a little tricky, but there are ways of pulling it off without expending too much by way of build resources), you can choose a (Su) ability with each form you assume, and don't even have to deal with the little minor annoyances from Assume Supernatural Ability.

hidden talent and practised manifester ought to do it, no? Or alternatively, any race/template with a PLA and scaling ML

Zaq
2015-01-12, 11:37 AM
hidden talent and practised manifester ought to do it, no? Or alternatively, any race/template with a PLA and scaling ML

That shouldn't work—Hidden Talent explicitly does not give you a ML. Not sure about the racial option, but Hidden Talent basically can't qualify for anything beyond "is psionic."

WhamBamSam
2015-01-12, 11:45 AM
hidden talent and practised manifester ought to do it, no? Or alternatively, any race/template with a PLA and scaling MLPracticed Manifester requires a manifesting class, but a 1 level Psychic Warrior or Psion dip can pick it up as a bonus feat and so meet the requirement. A scaling PLA will certainly work, since it just requires manifester level 5, not manifester level 5 in a psionic class or somesuch. Kalashtar get one without needing any nasty level adjustment.